Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 828, Andante wrote:The andante wagon is the favorite cause it benefits scum the most. with me gone, post count ffalls a lot...
That's actually a decent reason to get rid of you. if you were town fluff posting and inflating the page counts helps scum by giving them room to hide and creates town apathy and lets scum skate.

but then I'm not too sure about you being town anyways.
In post 846, Chara wrote:is it worth asking how many scum one should expect in this game? i'm thinking no given it sounds like balance will be weird but having some kind of number is helpful conceptually.
not really sure if I like a 2017 pretending like they don't have a clue. Normally its 5 scum in a 21 player so @ 24 we have 3 leftovers so I'd guess atleast 6 or 7. kdowns theory on it being MB and the scum teams are the dogs and cats seems reasonable too.

like I know I'm tunneling a bit but Andate having a bunch of town reads and 1 scum lean as her strongest reads feels off. It's also lacking the guy she's supposedly scumreading.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 599, flow trap wrote:
In post 299, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Btw i will NOT be as hyperposty as usual, because i am working an 9 to 5 job weekly. Before i had a lot more time for mafia.
Or is it because you don't want to be sus :eek:
As someone in the exact same position this hurt me a little :lol:
In post 615, Andante wrote:kdowns is scum. lets vote kdowns guys
Why is kdowns scum again?

I'm agreeing with dwlee about kazyan. Also look at the thing I said about kazyan in my last post.
In post 625, Kazyan wrote:
In post 624, Dwlee99 wrote:Oh I see, I guess I misinterpreted. That makes more sense as the meaning of the list. Still not a fan of .
That's fair. To know more about how you think, why did you get the impression that I'd scumread myself? Did that come across as a Jester soft-claim or something?
I also tonally don't like this. "I scumread you for this" "that's fair". Then suggesting it came off jestery when dwlee was implying scummy.
In post 627, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 625, Kazyan wrote:
In post 624, Dwlee99 wrote:Oh I see, I guess I misinterpreted. That makes more sense as the meaning of the list. Still not a fan of .
That's fair. To know more about how you think, why did you get the impression that I'd scumread myself? Did that come across as a Jester soft-claim or something?
I thought it was a joke of sorts. Like someone going "haha I'm scum ;)" I always find that sort of thing strange, but people do it. I think Toadette's first post was claiming that they could be mafia, for instance. Strange all around.
You must be finding this whole game strange then
In post 651, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 526, Kazyan wrote:
In post 509, Andante wrote:I think at least 1 scum is in the "I hate all this content" cause scum has to follow along with it, town can skim, say they won't back read, so what, ask someone for a TLDR later, like, yeah
Many ISOs to review to figure out who said they hate this content then. Here gooooes

Pro-posting:
- Andante
- Nero
- Flow Trap
- unwnd
- Chara

Anti-posting:
- SirCakez
- Beeboy?
- Kazyan

More later.
This random effort feels pretty townie from kazyan.
You could also call it busy work...
In post 656, Nero Cain wrote:I guess you could say that Kaz posting list of fluff posters or whatever they were doing is a bit IIOAy.
What's IIOAy?
In post 696, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 693, xofelf wrote: P-Edit: Actually no, I didn't think it was a readslist. More like a... effort list almost? I liked it because it gave me a feel on the way in which they think. That's what I meant by where they're coming from. Just reading it, I had that sort of feel I get from people who are putting in good game effort in. I don't know if that helps to explain? Just pinged in a good way. It made me smile and have a sense of "yeah this person, they're a good and I want them to keep talking" as opposed to the other ping i get which involves much nose-wrinkling and grump.
I'm having trouble understanding this. How did you interpret Kazyan's post? As a list of who was putting effort in? I'm confused about you saying you liked that they put themselves in the anti-posting spot when I feel like that is NAI.
I'm also curious because if not NAI I actually think putting themselves in anti-posting could also be seen as lamist
In post 702, Farkran wrote:Oh, wow, andante iso is... not good. Content/posts ratio is really low, and when i met content i don't read it as an attempt to advance the gamestate, rather just to say that something was there. I don't like andante so far.

Based on *only* andante iso though i don't see the connection to xofelf, is it something that happens unilaterally from xofelf?
This honestly just feels like normal Andante

I think xofelf is town but I very much disagree with their kazyan read
In post 707, unwnd wrote:Actually I was about ready to call out Kaz's Anti/Pro list post as merely busywork but then he followed through with a readslist

The question is why he didn't just do that in the first place lol
Yes, this!
In post 719, kdowns wrote:
In post 717, Andante wrote:
In post 715, unwnd wrote:I don't want to play hero or seem like I need to defend people but Andante being called scum is baffling. I think people are really annoyed about her spam and think maybe she just has nothing to say, yet I see a lot of method into it. You could even compare and contrast this thought as to why I didn't like Kaz. Andante sees something she doesn't like and much like a dog starts barking at trouble. Kaz however sits back and uses opposable thumbs to make Pro/Anti lists that generate no purpose beyond discussing a potential what-if topic. What if scum are anti-posters? What if town are pro-posters? Who knows. Even he himself initially said 'will this help anyone? probably not'

Humans are the enemy
this is a very towny post
Indifferent, but I can see why you think it's towny just because it's labeling you town.
This was kinda bold considering the gamestate and I wanna give kdowns a light townread for it

(page 30, getting so close)
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Chara »

i don't think my join date has anything to do with my head for setup balance/numbers, especially in a large. i've modded two games and they were both setups made by others. but thanks for answering anyway?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean I'm pretty sure we've played in larges b4 so...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Chara »

i've definitely played in larges. i thought the number would be around 5 but i don't know how that changes in a 24-player. and if it's multi that's probably moot anyway.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 901, Raya36 wrote:I'm also curious because if not NAI I actually think putting themselves in anti-posting could also be seen as lamist
pretty sure Kaz was listing players who were fine with the fluffposting vs. players who were not fine with it, and it wasn't anything to do with Kaz's own opinion.
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by flow trap »

Geez
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Andante »

what the fluff is going on....
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Andante »

yall with the essays... those are so hard to read.... I prefer my fluff posting
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 704, Kazyan wrote:I'm Particularly Confused About:
Flow Trap
I only pretend to know what I'm doing, I just make things up as I go along

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 745, unwnd wrote:I actually think it would be worse if Andante felt she needed to elaborate on voting kdowns or why she felt she was scum. kdowns had four posts(?) at the time. She just saw something and bark bark bark

If the animal jokes get too much

Too bad I'm making them all game, have a cow
The animal jokes are very a-moo-sing :wink:
In post 767, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:im surprised raya hasnt joined my dog cult yet
Well you haven't invited me now have you?

Andante has still felt NAI to me so far. I kind of get the push but I think the fact that it hasn't pressured her to start posting more content points more towards town than anything.
In post 887, Chara wrote:i like Dwlee for town. i don't have any great big reason, but their posting is good.
I am also townleaning dwlee
In post 905, Chara wrote:
In post 901, Raya36 wrote:I'm also curious because if not NAI I actually think putting themselves in anti-posting could also be seen as lamist
pretty sure Kaz was listing players who were fine with the fluffposting vs. players who were not fine with it, and it wasn't anything to do with Kaz's own opinion.
Kaz made that weird post where they asked if scum would like the fluff posting or dislike it. I think someone said something about there's likely at least one scum in anti-fluff section?
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 706, Shiro wrote:I dont really see the scumread on xofelf
Agreed

Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 908, Andante wrote:yall with the essays... those are so hard to read.... I prefer my fluff posting
My essays are me trying to catch up on your fluff posting :lol:
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 708, Anya wrote:of all the dog lovers Pooky is the most likely to be a hyena Firebringer is town and andante maybe town

i've thrown a ladder down to flow trap to join us up in the treehouse he feels different and town
Wot where?

Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 509, Andante wrote:
In post 503, Kazyan wrote:Knowing that several people have expressed being overwhelmed by the amount of posting, do we think that it would be in scum's best interest to continue adding fluff, or would they prefer to stay on the sidelines? They'd probably be of split opinion on that, come to think of it, so we could expect some scum to be quiet and some to be very fluffy.

P-edit: Flow Trap, do you have a reason behind the naked vote?
I think at least 1 scum is in the "I hate all this content" cause scum has to follow along with it, town can skim, say they won't back read, so what, ask someone for a TLDR later, like, yeah
@Chara This is the one I was thinking of
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Raya36 »

VOTE: kazyan
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Anya »

i think how many wolves it feels like there's in a game is more important than guessing what the mod would do

this game feels like a 3 wolf game so far
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 709, unwnd wrote:
In post 638, SirCakez wrote:i don't like some of unwnd's logic, it doesn't feel like his town thought process
Pot cannot call kettle black here, your problem with me from the start is that I was making a vague statement about Fark, but yet your own read on me is vague lol
Tu quoque

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Raya I would be delighted if you would join my lovely cult of Doggos :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Anya »

VOTE: Kayzan

on board
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Chara »

oh right, and i did know about that post. i'm the one who didn't put two and two together i suppose.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 918, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Raya I would be delighted if you would join my lovely cult of Doggos :3
I would be delighted as well :)
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 916, Anya wrote:i think how many wolves it feels like there's in a game is more important than guessing what the mod would do

this game feels like a 3 wolf game so far
I feel smoothness

Hey, that's just my monitor!

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 918, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Raya I would be delighted if you would join my lovely cult of Doggos :3
Raya is already in.

Im glad i see people moving votes not onto andante because honestly don't have the high energy tonight to fight wagons and bark at you all
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 710, Andante wrote:
In post 702, Farkran wrote:Oh, wow, andante iso is... not good. Content/posts ratio is really low, and when i met content i don't read it as an attempt to advance the gamestate, rather just to say that something was there. I don't like andante so far.

Based on *only* andante iso though i don't see the connection to xofelf, is it something that happens unilaterally from xofelf?
I could've told you, there's not much in my ISO...
It is about finding what's there :D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”