Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Anastasia »

i mean if you're scum and unwnd/luke are T/T then you need to jump on the wall because if a townie jumps on the wall the game is over.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1075, Anastasia wrote:i mean if you're scum and unwnd/luke are T/T then you need to jump on the wall because if a townie jumps on the wall the game is over.
*the townie. any one of the 3 scum would have to go to the wall before the single townie did, and they'd need to do so in a way that doesn't look like a scumclaim... right?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 1065, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1062, Anastasia wrote:the town motivation he should've said was because he townread luke/unwnd and he wanted to go for the auto-win but he didn't say that :<
I didn't say that because it's not true. I thought that there was 1 scum between unwnd/luke already.
When did you vocalize this, or did you?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by unwnd »

Slightly lamenting the setup because all S_S/Catboi have to do is point the finger at the other now
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 742, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 739, Dunnstral wrote:If I were scum and Briar/Ana were both town, I'd already be in the Keep
I'd treat this as a scumclaim
does infinity say this about a partner?
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Briar »

Hmm.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Briar »

It depends on if they discussed somehow where they were going to end up together, honestly? I think that's the sort of comment that's said after you've already got a rough framework going of who goes in what group.

So, maybe.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm

In post 1078, unwnd wrote:Slightly lamenting the setup because all S_S/Catboi have to do is point the finger at the other now
there's two ways to read this and they both seem wrong to me.
"all we have to do" as in "all we NEED to do" well no, we may need to take a more active role in solving the other minigames in order to win.
"all that is available for us to do" again no, we can (and should) comment on the other minigames. since our group contains the IC it probably makes sense to resolve ours last anyway, unless the flip in our group provides a ton of information for solving another group.

also the setup is PERFECT don't you say anything rude about it
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by unwnd »

@Mod

Does the thread lock if a minigame is hammered? Or do we just keep going
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1076, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1075, Anastasia wrote:i mean if you're scum and unwnd/luke are T/T then you need to jump on the wall because if a townie jumps on the wall the game is over.
*the townie. any one of the 3 scum would have to go to the wall before the single townie did, and they'd need to do so in a way that doesn't look like a scumclaim... right?
SS are you TMIing catboi town?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Your theory is a bad one because it puts both me and infinity in a bad position, when s_s is very unlikely to jump at anything, in fact, due to personality
Briar wrote:
In post 1065, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1062, Anastasia wrote:the town motivation he should've said was because he townread luke/unwnd and he wanted to go for the auto-win but he didn't say that :<
I didn't say that because it's not true. I thought that there was 1 scum between unwnd/luke already.
When did you vocalize this, or did you?
I didn't, because there was no reason to talk after the lock in.

The crux is that, yes, I believed that your group was all town. I didn't believe that the other 3 were all scum given how casually they were talking about placements (but if they were all scum, we'd have won anyway)

Luke has been weird. Unwnd is a good player and I'm not 100%. Right now I'd guess catboy and luke,
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:32 pm

In post 1084, Anastasia wrote:SS are you TMIing catboi town?
No, that statement holds true if there are three scum in Dunn/catboi/S_S/Infinity as you are suggesting, regardless of who those three are.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Briar »

I don't wanna say this game could be that easy because it is, in fact, never that easy. But is the simple answer that Dunn hopped in that group to avoid auto-lose and we should just not waste our time here?

This game seems pretty bleak for scum.

p-edit: Have you explained the 'weird' parts of Luke, and if not can you, Dunn? I had him as town, albeit not absinthe/Ana levels.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Personally, I'd rather we solved the Gate first
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 1083, unwnd wrote:@Mod

I'll lock the thread very briefly to resolve the hammer, then discussion can continue.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Briar »

That... seems kinda risky.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1086, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1084, Anastasia wrote:SS are you TMIing catboi town?
No, that statement holds true if there are three scum in Dunn/catboi/S_S/Infinity as you are suggesting, regardless of who those three are.
catboi is already at the keep and you should know catboi is scum from your pov lol
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Anastasia »

i mean Catboi is already at the Gate and from your POV catboi is guranteed scum. Why do you still have him in your townie pool?
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Briar »

Ana please explain the TMI my brain isn't quite following that one. Just that S_S said the townie instead of catboi??
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:34 pm

In post 1091, Anastasia wrote:catboi is already at the keep and you should know catboi is scum from your pov lol
And I do. So?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1089, Marashu wrote:
In post 1083, unwnd wrote:@Mod

I'll lock the thread very briefly to resolve the hammer, then discussion can continue.
Alright so popcorn

I want to hear people which group should be flipped first
Stop
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1058, Briar wrote:
In post 1049, catboi wrote:
In post 1038, Briar wrote:I'm going to reread catboi/S_S, because I had it the other way around versus Ana yesterday and with the switch happening as it did I feel even more confident in like... trying to collaborate and listen.
Can you explain why? You kept saying you thought I might be scum yesterday but it never really went beyond "not towny enough" and "reacted to me moving funny"
Mmm. I really just didn't like the way you responded to how I was behaving, honestly? It doesn't make sense to me for you to have that sort of reaction -- like, I dunno, you can just... challenge me yourself if you're town? Like, it felt emotionally out of place more than anything, disconnected from what you could have done. And in general I'm gonna be real, I can't remember much else you did beyond that but that's generally a sign to me that scum is like, either failing to keep up or is making content up that's passable.

But, knowing that you are a good scum player, I think I should give you some benefit that you could do more than passable; in the moment, my read is also somewhat anchored on the fact that you're fighting S_S who I thought was town yesterday which makes me wanna hunker down and just throw you out right now.
I don't understand whaat you mean. By "challenge you" do you mean go to the keep myself? Because I didn't think you were automatically scum for it, I just didn't understand wat you were doing and was...a little frustrated I guess because I'd had a plan for how I wanted to do things and you disrupted it before I had a chance to post. So everything in my reaction after was trying to understand why you did it because I wasn'tgoing to assume you wer town, I wanted to question you to figure out if what you were doing made sense. And ultimately I concluded that I didn't see scum motivation in your play. But it feels like you're hung up on the severity of that initial reaction and, uh, maybe a little upset by it and looking at things objectively? Because I have no idea how you'd categorize me as "less memorable" than something_smart, really.

And, uh, thank for the compliment but I don't think I'm
that
good considering my recent games. (also this narrows your identity down to a few people but none of them seem to quite fit >_>)
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1094, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1091, Anastasia wrote:catboi is already at the keep and you should know catboi is scum from your pov lol
And I do. So?
so if Unwnd/Luke are T/T then the risk to Dunn is that YOU hammer wall before he does.

The way you put it, it's a hypothetical townie lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Ah yes I see where the confusion was. I had forgotten that catboi went Gate before Dunn went Wall. So yes in this case it does only apply if the team is exactly Dunn/catboi/Infinity and then they just have to be afraid that I would jump on the Wall which as Dunn correctly points out I would definitely not do without warning.

I was not posting from my own POV when I said that.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by unwnd »

Dunn I have an itch that's it you based on the way the night went down but I'm willing to be reasonable

Did you go to the wall with me because you thought Luke was scum and you could convince me? I don't remember if you answered your intent yet
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”