Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Would this game have been harder if scum had scumclaimed and locked themself in the keep day 1, yes or no?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by unwnd »

Absin do you really think I'm just being double-bussed lol
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1200, Dunnstral wrote:Would this game have been harder if scum had scumclaimed and locked themself in the keep day 1, yes or no?
I don't see anyone here who would kamikaze as scum

That includes ana
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1201, unwnd wrote:Absin do you really think I'm just being double-bussed lol
Double?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1202, unwnd wrote:
In post 1200, Dunnstral wrote:Would this game have been harder if scum had scumclaimed and locked themself in the keep day 1, yes or no?

That includes ana
I would. I would have locked myself into the keep. It's not like I was particularly townread.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

That's also not what I asked, I asked if it would be harder, not if scum would actually do it
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1203, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1201, unwnd wrote:Absin do you really think I'm just being double-bussed lol
Double?
You and catboi both think I'm scum
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1196, Dunnstral wrote:
Luke jumped to the wall right after absinthe jumped to the keep. Catboi was already at the gate.
That is incorrect. Me and Absinthe were both requesting to be the final slot at the keep, then
I
decided that Absinthe could have it, and then locked myself into the wall. Then Absinthe locked herself into keep.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1204, Dunnstral wrote:

That includes ana
I would. I would have locked myself into the keep. It's not like I was particularly townread.
In post 1205, Dunnstral wrote:That's also not what I asked, I asked if it would be harder, not if scum would actually do it
So what, like a feint? Scumclaim just to prove a point?
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:39 pm

In post 1206, unwnd wrote:You and catboi both think I'm scum
Well that's only a single bus
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 439, unwnd wrote:It's just my gut when it comes to the situation. We could be playing a game where something like S_S/Infinity/Dunn could simply be overwhelmed by townies but I don't see the evidence in that world. I think the most likely answer is that scum is fully committed in you 3. Do you disagree?
In post 642, unwnd wrote:I've held my tongue a bit when it comes to coordination around who chooses what. I briefly touched upon my own ideals and why I chose my decision, but there a few things that ping me when it comes to everyone's assumptions.

For one, S_S earlier said something along the lines of 'giving reads are bad/help scum' and I never got the chance to understand why he felt that way. I think mechanical talk turns more into an obligation instead of something we can potentially use, so I'm not really getting a good read on the people who are focusing their attention on it (S_S/Lukewarm)
In post 655, unwnd wrote:I like your heady analysis in trying to make the setup more approachable for town, but I do have questions myself. Don't you think that giving scum a blueprint of our plans is a bit unwise? I think you agree with that in some regard, just differently. You think giving them information in terms of reads will make it so they can manipulate the mini-games more favorly, and see it as 1's and 0's.
In post 653, Something_Smart wrote: the more unpredictable the townies can be going into D2, the more likely it is that scum will miss a potentially winning swap and execute a losing one instead.
This is where our ideals are parallel but not touching.
In post 660, unwnd wrote:
In post 657, Something_Smart wrote:Well actually, I guess it depends what you meant. If you meant like saying exactly who we would be voting out in different scenarios, then yeah that's unwise. But if you're just talking about general things like "we want 2 townreads at the Keep" and "we don't want any obvtown at the Gate" I think they're definitely an overall plus.
Yeah I think quoted opinions are very universal, but to get there we would probably have to discuss who is obvtown and who isn't
In post 667, unwnd wrote:
In post 663, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 658, unwnd wrote:why was it so important to you to continue to argue with her despite claiming a townread?
well if she's an influential player and likely town, then it matters more that she not be wrong, no?
I get this and tried to be a bit subtle about it earlier. I don't wanna dicuss anything further until a later point in time if that's alright with you
In post 774, unwnd wrote:I would even go so far to say I like S_S's input

I'm not paying attention too hard to Infinity on the flipside
In post 811, unwnd wrote:
In post 805, Anastasia wrote:
In post 801, unwnd wrote:
In post 799, Anastasia wrote:
In post 795, unwnd wrote:
In post 785, Anastasia wrote:
In post 782, unwnd wrote:
Spoiler:
Right now I'm sort of locked into the wall and the more shade you throw at me, the less likely you see any sort of movement
Well let's start with the basics

Would you agree that ana/absin/briar is likely an all town keep group?
My head says no but my heart could possibly say yes
If you think SS is town why don't you want him to join you at the Wall?
Because it probably doesn't happen? Scum can't be in the same minigame and if they are they have to switch them around....
I'm talking about my push to have SS/Infinity join you at the wall, you seem to be opposed to it.

I'm asking you why you would be opposed to SS joining you at the wall if you think he's town?

OK I'm starting to get what you want to do but it falls completely apart knowing that I'm town lol

Like if that's what you want to happen? I'm not entirely opposed to it

Fucked that up somehow
In post 826, unwnd wrote:I don't like thinking about making that decision, because I truly want to believe it won't happen. I want to think that if my townread on S_S is correct right now that Infinity (even as scum) wouldn't just take that lying down or accept being in a 3-way of that caliber
In post 844, unwnd wrote:I think he has my best interest, or at least is very good at faking he does. GTH I would put him below Briar/S_S who are my main townreads.
In post 872, unwnd wrote:If I had to summarize myself up until this point however it'd be something like

1) Impulse voting is bad, Briar following my lead struck me but her posting has been townie
2) Ana trying to build a case on me based on expectation annoyed me, and I got obsessed with trying to explain why it was wrong
3) S_S's more grounded approach to using the setup to our benefit left me with good impressions, and his need to explain why Ana just for lack of a better term yolo'ing it is a bad idea even more so
439 is
really
interesting.

The sequence ending in 811 (sorry for the quotewall) is what set me off in the first place, I didn't think scum would be so awkward around a partner but ultimately I see him struggling to articulate a townread on a player while simultaneously flailing to
not
have that player join the same location as him, and it doesn't really make sense at all to me
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1209, Something_Smart wrote:
You're both scum then even if the setup literally doesn't allow that

I'm just a bit frustrated with the one of you that is town
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:43 pm

In post 1211, unwnd wrote:I'm just a bit frustrated with the one of you that is town
Why? Our reads are the least relevant ones in the whole game, and it should make you look more town if it's guaranteed that scum is pushing you, no?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1121, Briar wrote:Like, reading over this it feels like Infinity actually wants S_S dead versus catboi who is a scumread but like, not a lot of meat there?
Is infinity fairly inexperienced as scum?

Spoiler:
I feel like the amount of direct "you" posts re S_S vs more 3rd person re catboi could mean something.

In post 1124, Something_Smart wrote:How's this for a towntell

If I'm scum then we had six options and this seems like the literal worst one. Not only would we have chosen me over Infinity to try to carry the Gate, but we would have picked the IC to be someone who has demolished scum-me before and whose towngame I respect immensely. I don't know who Briar and Ana are but I highly doubt that I would be more scared of them as scum than I would be of ffery.
That demolishment was a long time ago. In our more recent games, I haven't been so much a ball of town fire.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1211, unwnd wrote:

What are the reasons I should be seeing you as town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:45 pm

In post 1213, absinthe wrote:That demolishment was a long time ago. In our more recent games, I haven't been so much a ball of town fire.
you were good in antechamber!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1208, unwnd wrote:
In post 1204, Dunnstral wrote:

That includes ana
In post 1205, Dunnstral wrote:That's also not what I asked, I asked if it would be harder, not if scum would actually do it
So what, like a feint? Scumclaim just to prove a point?
...Do you still not understand?

I'm saying that on day 1, mafia would have a greater chance of winning the game if they put someone in the keep.

It 'sacrifices' somebody, but
in reality, that player was lost anyway
, so they're not losing anything. If they don't do that, they'll have to send someone to the keep, and it's very unlikely that the person they send gets picked or even treated as anything other than mafia.

This is what happened here. They let absinthe take the slot, and then infinity got sent over and they confirmed absinthe as to have the least impact because it doesn't matter who of absinthe or infinty was scum if the keep was resolved first by choosing briar or ana, and then that reveals the alignment of infinity and gives an idea on absinthe.

If they had put infinity in during day 1, the day would have probably ended in a 1-1-1 split, or maybe some variation of 2-0-1/0-2-1. The wifom potential would be there, either way, making it a lot harder to figure things out.

Right now there's 2 people being considered in the Gate, 3 people being considered in the Wall, 1 person being considered in the Keep (as scum)

If somebody had sacrificed themself:

There would be 3 people being considered in the Gate, 3 people being considered in the Wall, 1 person being considered in the Keep
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:47 pm

and I mean my opinion of your skill is not going to go down over time unless I've seen you play badly, which I wouldn't really say I have? you were good in Illicit too

pedit: @absinthe
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1214, catboi wrote:
In post 1211, unwnd wrote:

What are the reasons I should be seeing you as town?
In post 1212, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1211, unwnd wrote:I'm just a bit frustrated with the one of you that is town
Why? Our reads are the least relevant ones in the whole game, and it should make you look more town if it's guaranteed that scum is pushing you, no?
I don't like reading the game merely reacting to people based on my content, I'd rather come in with some choice words and try to subtly lead somewhere, hoping that my logic wins out. For both of you to think I'm scum it basically becomes 'oh great, I have to appeal to someone who is just trying to get me killed and someone who just misunderstands me' lol
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1215, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1213, absinthe wrote:That demolishment was a long time ago. In our more recent games, I haven't been so much a ball of town fire.
you were good in antechamber!
We nailed the traitor, yes.

my hesitance about scum-Bell, and my not pushing harder for a DS elim, though. Sad.

Do you feel like your scum game is weaker than Infinity's?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

^still only 2 at the gate because of the mechanic, but there's more wifom about the swap meaning the swap can be town-town, scum-scum, or town-scum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:48 pm

In post 1218, unwnd wrote:For both of you to think I'm scum it basically becomes 'oh great, I have to appeal to someone who is just trying to get me killed and someone who just misunderstands me' lol
you don't have to appeal to either of us

you have to appeal to our one confirmed town, and our two sorta-confirmed towns, and the two people who can actually decide your fate
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by unwnd »

Not true because I literally have to read both of you, and the act of thinking I'm scum is something I'm going to ignore. I have to determine which of you is coming at me with bad intentions
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1182, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1175, Lukewarm wrote:Almost certain you said the exact opposite of the bolded during Day 1. Will go back to cross reference once I am caught up
I want you to go back to and tell me what you think I was saying
You said that if Birar+Ana were town, and you were scum, then you would have already locked yourself into the Keep. You continued the argument to the conclusion that "I sort of doubt briar + ana as town." Then you went on to say that "logically" there must be a scum in the 3 of [Briar+ana+absinthe]

But that you felt like people were missing some other point you were trying to make.

I then dedicated many posts to trying to understand this so called "misunderstood point." And you stopped responding.

Spoiler:
In post 815, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 807, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 786, Anastasia wrote:
In post 783, Lukewarm wrote:I am asking what is the incentive to a scum locking themselves into the Keep.

If they lose the Keep minigame if they lock in early AND they lose the minigame if they don't lock in early

Then how are you using the fact that they did not lock in early to draw any conclusions?
I don't think we should discuss optimal scum strategy for them lol
He is claiming, that based on his logic there is most likely 1 scum between you+Briar.
We are considering hanging the Keep's minigame on collectively town reading you+Briar.

If his logic makes sense, then we absolutely should discuss it, because that would mean we need to re-examine our town reads on you+Briar
If his logic is flawed, then we are giving the scum team flawed advice anyways, so it does not matter.

If you + Briar are both in the keep, and both town read, the scum have lost this minigame - unless they can make us doubt the town read on Briar+you.

So imo, either dunn is scum, trying to cast doubt on you+Briar being town, or he is town and has figured out some reason we should not trust the town reads on you+Briar that the rest of the lobby missed.

Either way, I want to hear from him.
In post 827, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 822, Dunnstral wrote:If you guys still think I'm throwing doubt at the players already in the keep you don't fundamentally understand what I'm arguing
In post 756, Dunnstral wrote:It's not bravado, this is a continuation of me saying what I'd do if I were scum here, and why I sort of doubt briar + ana as town
:roll: :roll:
In post 830, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 829, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 769, Dunnstral wrote:That there's scum in those 3? Logically yes, but it feels like nobody understands what I'm getting at, so actually no.
I got only eyes for you, and I am dying for you to enlighten me.

I left a clear possibility that you were town who had figued something out that everyone missed, and that I very much wanted to understand your point, and you just never came back :(
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by unwnd »

Yes the vote isn't particularly on me, but I want to help absin and generally I enjoy being right
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”