Micro 1013: IMoA [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 273, Something_Smart wrote:Lol Poppins. Also I did read and comment on the game; I only had one thing worth noting, which was that Norwee was town. Nobody asked me to elaborate on it.

Why wouldn't I take someone else scumreading me seriously? Even if Sigmund is scum, I want to make sure that other people aren't swayed by him (really, I want that regardless of his alignment). And forcing him to justify himself more will help me (and others) read him.
I don't feel like you're forcing much justification tbh. I mean, he basically death tunneled your only town read like a troll. How do you know he's not just trolling you too?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: Moongrass

feeling somewhat directionless this game, although that may just be a function of me replacing in near the start of the game without there already being a lot of stuff to really dig into. anyways, that being said i think that this might be the best place to vote at the moment. both ta vera and VFP i'm leaning town on at the moment (although i am still reading up on meta tells there). iconeum, andres and SS are all practically null (like i said, i'm 100% of the belief that basically everything SS has said so far is so standard for him as either alignment that it's NAI). that leaves uneven, sigmund and moon.

sigmund has a deeply unpleasant playstyle but is probably not the most effective slot to vote, and between moongrass and uneven i think moon probably has more scum equity.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 273, Something_Smart wrote:Also I did read and comment on the game; I only had one thing worth noting, which was that Norwee was town. Nobody asked me to elaborate on it.
Why do you need to be asked? You didn't think that Norwegian could have used some elaboration?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.06

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-06-01 17:15:00).

execution
Something_Smart [2]:
Sigmund, Moongrass
Moongrass [2]:
ta vera, northsidegal
VFP [1]:
UneveN
ta vera [1]:
VFP
Iconeum [1]:
Andresvmb

not voting [2]:
Iconeum, Something_Smart

mod notes~ iconeum v/la weekends, v/la till tuesday.
~ i am still utterly failing at getting pagetops this game

flavour
Spoiler:
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Moongrass »

Uneven is the towniest player in this game lol.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by northsidegal »

interesting, do you post new vcs instead of editing the placeholder post to avoid the "edited" tag being at the bottom? or is it just a random thing

p-edit:
In post 279, Moongrass wrote:Uneven is the towniest player in this game lol.
why?

things fall apart
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by Moongrass »

Why PoE when you don't even have a read on Iconeum or Andres? Seems a bit hasty for you.

Their thought process is very original and lacking any kind of agenda. I am not concerned about them at all.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 280, northsidegal wrote:interesting, do you post new vcs instead of editing the placeholder post to avoid the "edited" tag being at the bottom? or is it just a random thing
vote changes right after a vc are annoying, but vote changes right after a placeholder for a vc before i even managed to edit that vc in? not happening. have an updated vc instead.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 13, UneveN wrote:
In post 12, ta vera wrote:
In post 11, UneveN wrote:VOTE: VFP
why?
RVS is a vehicle to get us somewhere and 'don't ask questions' works opposite to that somewhere, which was more to go off of than 'greetings tell' in the case of Andresvmb.
Like how innocent and adorable is this post. Taking a joke into straight seriousness.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 281, Moongrass wrote:Why PoE when you don't even have a read on Iconeum or Andres? Seems a bit hasty for you.

Their thought process is very original and lacking any kind of agenda. I am not concerned about them at all.
i'll answer your first line, but first i'd like to hear what you expect that my answer to it will be.

as to your second point, i feel as though you're taking a pretty strong stance relative to the body of evidence available when it comes to reading uneven. if someone were to confidently declare any player in this game either the scummiest or the towniest, i would guess that it could really only be one of my slot, sigmund's, or
maybe
ta vera's, so to declare that about uneven is a little surprising. do you really believe that at this point in the game scum needs to be explicitly posting with some kind of "agenda" rather than just blending in via asking questions?
In post 282, Datisi wrote:
In post 280, northsidegal wrote:interesting, do you post new vcs instead of editing the placeholder post to avoid the "edited" tag being at the bottom? or is it just a random thing
vote changes right after a vc are annoying, but vote changes right after a placeholder for a vc before i even managed to edit that vc in? not happening. have an updated vc instead.
gotcha. in that situation i like to just post the vc as it is when the placeholder goes down, then in my document with all the votecounts i start the next one with any of the changes that happen right after. although it's been a while since i've modded, so i guess i should say i used to do that.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 283, Moongrass wrote:Like how innocent and adorable is this post. Taking a joke into straight seriousness.
do you consider this strongly town-indicative? if so, why?

things fall apart
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by Moongrass »

You're right it's a toss up between Sigmund and Uneven. I also may have seen something you missed so you may want to look again.

I have no idea why you're PoEing early unless you've decided that their meta says they are always VLA as town
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 285, northsidegal wrote:
In post 283, Moongrass wrote:Like how innocent and adorable is this post. Taking a joke into straight seriousness.
do you consider this strongly town-indicative? if so, why?
No, just more indicative than what is on the market currently, as you can see it's a pretty low bar.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 275, Moongrass wrote:I don't feel like you're forcing much justification tbh. I mean, he basically death tunneled your only town read like a troll. How do you know he's not just trolling you too?
I mean, the best I can do is try. I want to believe that he's actually playing in good faith and not just making shit up; besides, his argument is reasonable enough that I have no trouble accepting that if he's town he really believes it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:09 pm

In post 277, Moongrass wrote:Why do you need to be asked? You didn't think that Norwegian could have used some elaboration?
Nope. I've found it's easier to start conversations if they start with someone asking someone else to explain a read in more detail.

Or maybe I'm just lazy. It's probably some of both, to be honest.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 286, Moongrass wrote:I have no idea why you're PoEing early unless you've decided that their meta says they are always VLA as town
i feel as though you're assuming that i've decided that you are today's lynch, or that i'm incapable of changing my mind. "PoEing" is just another word for looking at your reads and figuring out who the best vote is, and i'm not sure where the idea comes from that there can't be a best vote if some players are null or haven't contributed much, which seems to be the implication of what you're saying here. let me rephrase your question with the way that i'm interpreting it, which should hopefully give you some insight into why it's slightly baffling to me:
Why look at your current reads, determine the people you lean town on, have no information on, and have non-indicative or scum-indicative information on and then proceed to make a vote when you don't even have a read on Iconeum or Andres? Seems a bit hasty for you.
you're right in that, historically, i think that i've tended to have a preference towards "sitting back" and letting things play out for a while. thoughts on that: first, i think that i still basically am doing that. a lot of my thoughts / analysis i'm holding for now waiting for more discussion. i also think that i just wanted to make a vote here because i feel as though it's more difficult to sit back when nothing is going on, so i might need to at least start something to help myself form reads. i don't think i'm really being "hasty" or anything, and again i think you assume that what i'm saying here has some significant element of finality to it. do i come across as overtly confident to you?

things fall apart
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by Moongrass »

No? I just thought it was out of character. I'm not worried about being limmed I just don't understand how PoE can work unless you have eliminated all the potential non-scum. I guess I can see what you're trying to do though.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 289, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 277, Moongrass wrote:Why do you need to be asked? You didn't think that Norwegian could have used some elaboration?
Nope. I've found it's easier to start conversations if they start with someone asking someone else to explain a read in more detail.

Or maybe I'm just lazy. It's probably some of both, to be honest.
Ok, I'll bite. Could you please elaborate on your Norwegian read?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:50 pm

Norwee has a lot of posts that feel genuine for various reasons, but the main one that stuck out to me was . In one breath he admits that VFP's behavior might not be scummy and claims that it's definitely scummy. If he is scum... the straightforward play is to not give an out and just say "this is scummy." Asking if VFP always does that means that he is evaluating them rather than just posting a read for the sake of appearing to be scumhunting.

(And by the way, I wasn't trying to bait you into asking or anything by bringing it up. I was just trying to explain why you had probably missed what I said.)
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by Moongrass »

I felt his 55 was a rhetorical and leading question. What are your thoughts on ta vera?
ta vera
ta vera
Goon
ta vera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:57 pm

Post by ta vera »

In post 270, Moongrass wrote:
In post 268, ta vera wrote:
In post 264, Moongrass wrote:VOTE: Something_smart
why have you left vfp?
SS seems something_suspicious to me in his defense. I am not townreading VFP if that is what you're asking. You seem to be defending my suspects today. How do you feel about SS?
other than myself, what other suspects have i been defending?

ss seems fine. i don't scumread what other people are scumreading about him. other than that, he hasn't said much to read him off of.
ta vera
ta vera
Goon
ta vera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by ta vera »

In post 274, northsidegal wrote:for the record i think that this current discourse around SS is basically completely non-effective in sorting him (although it still might be useful for other people). i think that these sorts of accusations are basically autopilot for SS because in my experience some random thing fairly similar to this gets thrown at him like every single game.
i agree with this.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 295, ta vera wrote:
In post 270, Moongrass wrote:
In post 268, ta vera wrote:
In post 264, Moongrass wrote:VOTE: Something_smart
why have you left vfp?
SS seems something_suspicious to me in his defense. I am not townreading VFP if that is what you're asking. You seem to be defending my suspects today. How do you feel about SS?
other than myself, what other suspects have i been defending?

ss seems fine. i don't scumread what other people are scumreading about him. other than that, he hasn't said much to read him off of.
VFP - though that was before they were my suspect. It was back when others were scrutinizing them. My note is that you have defending someone on record more than once now.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:04 pm

Post by Moongrass »

You even defended Norwegian is a less direct way but voting his troll. I guess we could call that 3 strikes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:05 pm

In post 294, Moongrass wrote:What are your thoughts on ta vera?
She feels pretty reasonable, but nothing really stuck out much. Hard to evaluate since she's both reserved and an alt, and the lack of avatar doesn't help.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”