Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:45 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

MOD EVENT
Spoiler:

Votecount 1.11

Adventurers
:

Flea the Magician [8]: Dunnstral, White Fire, Guillotina, Sigmund, morph the cat, Bell, Farkran, notscience
Sigmund [7]: Save the Dragons, Flea the Magician, NDMath, MURDERCAT, Bingle, Thestatusquo, Chara
Anya [4]: Ircher, Lady Lambdadelta, Artemiana, Titus
Ircher [2]: WhemeStar, Toogeloo
Lady Lambdadelta [1]: Anya

Not Voting [2]: Not_Mafia, Something_Smart

Please let me know if you see errors and I'll do my utmost to fix

With 23 alive it takes 13 to eliminate. Stratum 1 ends in (expired on 2021-06-04 22:25:25).
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Sigmund »

In post 2789, Thestatusquo wrote:I have seen nothing from anya that makes me think they're >rand scum. And this wagon stinks of a scum driven counter wagon.
so in this scenario.

I'm scum

Flea is town.

We're tied in votes.

and my scum buddies have decided to try to drive a new counter wagon to save me

instead of just pushing the person I'm tied in votes with.

because?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Toogeloo »

UNVOTE:

Will be voting whoever is needed to ensure we secure an elimination today. Consider my vote on whichever wagon is largest at any given moment.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Spoiler: Soon came a day under skies so grey
In post 2125, Ircher wrote:morph can be town actually from that post.
Which one?
In post 2131, Sigmund wrote:
In post 2125, Ircher wrote:morph can be town actually from that post.
the only thing that will make me townread morph the cat is if he delivers a bunch of dead red mice.

everything else is bullshit.
like the majority of your posts...
In post 2135, Guillotina wrote:
In post 2130, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2109, Ircher wrote:This is a terrible post for obvious reasons.
It read like a pretty obvious joke to me. You don't think so?
What made you think Anya was joking?
In fairness I've legitmately done this recently in a game where I'd not fully absorbed the setup spec post and did some maths assuming semi-open in an open. People did not believe me lol

The Machinations of Chaos for you...
In post 2145, Guillotina wrote:VOTE: Farkran
Haven't seen an answer to the Farkran beef yet.
In post 2153, White Fire wrote:VOTE: Flea
Can't remember if this was ever elaborated on...
In post 2157, White Fire wrote:
In post 2155, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2141, White Fire wrote:do u have a read on me now?
I didn't up until now. Maybe slightly +town for asking this.

I don't know if I've ever played town vs scum-you. If I have, it was a while ago.
why did my question move u to slight town?
i expected town u to not have an opinion on me actually.
Isn't the thing meant to be like "Town don't care about how they're read but scum do"?
In post 2162, Sigmund wrote:If you're going to do scum theatre with the psychic Pokémon you should at least do a Pokémon battle so it's not boring to read.
Ghosts ftr. It's astonishing just cursed their lore is. And then consider they actually sacrifice part of their own undeath to curse another to join them, they can bond their destinies...
<tanget detected. aborting....>
In post 2173, Farkran wrote:2 days to deadline and no wagon ever reached more than 6 votes

Current highest are ircher and sigmund based on last vc. I don't like either but could compromise on ircher

I still suggest STD as today's lim
Curious why STD... will have to go dig I guess. They haven't stood out to me at all this game so far.
Spoiler: When I knew I couldn't stay in this ghost town full of
In post 2176, Artemiana wrote:
In post 1893, Guillotina wrote:If I scum read you I want you dead, right now.

See these three?

VOTE: Sigmund
VOTE: Farkran
VOTE: Ircher

I want them dead today. Unfortunately we can only yeet one today and that is the only reason I'm the other two extra days.
Would you vote Sigmund over Ircher?
In post 1895, Artemiana wrote:
In post 1665, White Fire wrote:so is the not mafia in playerlist a mechanic in game.
if so i want to see what it does

VOTE: Not mafia
I think cabd should defintely talk about this, i got a flashback from one of my own games here.
And now that im back current, I'm a little sad this wasn't touched upon.

In one lf my "We The Purple" games Cabd had proposed a vote on the mod and somehow managed to get it through. It ended up as a no elimination and this has similar vibes.

I'm also not at all happy with FBs campaign against the Fae and I dont get it given faer is playing the exact same way here compared to DBZ and Town!FB didnt even bat an eye towards faer
How is a vote on a slot I'd forgot existed the same as a no lim? it's a no-content slot. This weirds me out a bit, ngl...
In post 2193, Titus wrote:
In post 2191, NDMath wrote:I townread Chara now.
Dunn's posts are better, explained the major thing I had against him, and posts are feeling more different than the couple times I've played with scum!dunn.

VOTE: Sigmund
My reads are most similar to farkran's but disagree with his townread here.
{{spoiler snip}}
Like I feel 1753 is a lot to infer from "half the players not voting are scum, Discuss.".
Your other main point being sigmund's attitude/approach; I don't get what type of player would play like this as town but then wouldn't also as scum? And that is necessary to call the overall approach >randtown.
This is still scum.
I'm inclined to agree.
Spoiler: Clones and Clowns and carbon copy towns with
In post 2200, Sigmund wrote:we are playing a social deception game based around murder, lying and bullshit.

Some of us will be loud

Some of us will be lying

Most of us will die.

this is not some proper 19th century English tea party where we observe proper etiquette and nibble on cute little cucumber sandwiches.
*Slides the cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches back into the picnic basket discretly*
Spoiler: Kine and swine and nothing that was mine
Hey look it's my slip.
In post 2204, Sigmund wrote: 4. nah cuz you're literally scumreading the towniest townie in this game.
In post 2206, Flea The Magician wrote:Sigmund you are FAR from the towniest town in this game. we have many holding that title above you.
In post 2207, Sigmund wrote:whatever i'm still a townie
And Sigmund fully understood what I was getting at.
Sigmund gets lockscumed.
In post 2228, Guillotina wrote:And you stated that Sigmund is not the towniest TOWN. You called Sigmund town with a tone of certainty, only wolves have that certainty right now.
Despite being on the edge of a big MH crash, I kinda want to go into this more.

Tone in text is provided by context, whats your context for this? Because I feel you're cherry picking.

Does look like my colloquisms have generated some content mind, so winning.
Spoiler: so I gather all I find and I bolt it to me.
In post 2254, Chara wrote:
In post 2252, Something_Smart wrote:Chara's posts are feeling highly reasonable. I don't know if this is alignment indicative.
i don't think it is, necessarily. i do make an effort not to be unreasonable as scum more than i do as town, but it's not like i'd ever be unreasonable as town on
purpose

pedit: lmfao

OH FUCK SIGMUND JUST TMIED ME TOWN GET HIM
lol :3
In post 2274, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1979, morph the cat wrote:The columns are players' reads and the rows are reads of players. At the far right are totals of town and scum reads per player.
I find anyone with more scum reads than town read suspicious, nice to see that lines up with reads I already had

Also I will always town read effort
You know not to do this.
Spoiler: Fueled my fires and I grabbed my pliers, and I'm lit!
In post 2277, Chara wrote:
In post 2269, Guillotina wrote:
In post 2242, Chara wrote:more often than not these freudian slip tells are a load of nothing. i'm agreeing with SS.

i kind of don't love how Flea has responded either, but i don't know if it's enough i want to wagon faer. i feel like faer play has been fine.
Why you kinda don't love how Flea has responded either?
i guess i don't like how after responding to the initial "tmi slip" from Sigmund with an explanation of fae wording, fae continued on past that making posts about how fae doesn't care or is laughing about it. i dunno, it felt kind of forced.
Interesting how you interpreted that.
In post 2279, MURDERCAT wrote:This is my "don't wanna touch today" list

Morph the Cat (fferyllt/Cabd)
Lady Lambdadelta
Artemiana
Titus
Guillotina
Toogeloo
Thestatusquo
Bingle

Yes LLD is on there, if she is scum let's find the partners.
Yeah I can get behind this list.
In post 2283, Save The Dragons wrote:who the heck wants to be wagoned
*waves*
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:54 am

In post 2824, borkjerfkin wrote:so i heard u liek
Why yes, yes I do :3
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 2820, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 2782, Guillotina wrote:
In post 2781, Flea The Magician wrote:Eugh I'm going to need to ISO read guill.. progression is weird as fuck.
@Flea Yesterday you townread me pre-TMI accusation and town leaned post-TMI accusation, refer to my “dumb tells” as NAI and now you say that my progression is weird as fuck, how come you didnt think it was weird as fuck yesterday?

@everyone I can compromise with a vote in my scumreads. I'd rather they were Flea, but i'd vote Sigmund too. The fact that he called me wolfboy when i was pushing him for TMI and then he is using my TMI accusation on Flea to defend himself, instead of explaining himself why he scumreads Flea and is voting for Flea plus his entire irritation and fluff play during this game keeps bothering.

I individually scumread both Sigmund and Flea, im just having a hard time putting them together as a possible team now, unless that moment right there was not an instigation but rather Flea distancing from Sigmund and a pocket attempt on me.
You're doing the thing where you're like a 1 person tornado and it's a town tell for you - yes even meta aware wildcards have decently reliable tells. Mine is I deep wolf or open wolf, and I can't shift that one easily, annoyingly. So TR.

Honestly, I'm unsure if town you would make such a shitty ass push based on that level BS, and it made us question. We're sure you've said before that we're a good consistent D1 mislim. Context and tone from you with Sigmund suggested a connection as the conviction you had in your sigmund deal had completly vanished to be replaced with comradery.

We weren't looking backwards through 40 odd pages yesterday to see the longer term progression which is the bit we found weird and why it wasn't mentioned yesterday. Your progression sucks throughout the course of the game we're reading through currently.

Honestly I try and pocket you in every damn game because it's fun and you react differently every time.

You're not weird enough to try a dumbtell approach to get town points, and honestly. you strike me as someone who'd rather work for the read than pull stuff like that. A win is a win, but its better when you earn it kinda deal.

With this post, your progression comes back out of WTF range and makes a little more sense. The Guill we know guns at Sigmund for opportunisms here and honestly we're thinking potential connections with the sudden friendliness because we know you're as savage a scummer as we are. So there's another chunk of doubt in there.
Flea, be civil. It's not a shitty ass push. Ive literally caught scum for those kind of “perspective” slips as people here have called them and that is because i look at them from a psychological standpoint, people like us, who strive to be better and somewhat accepted by a society that expects us to act like normal people when we are not, have to be involved in some way in psychology, or at least i do.

When i play mafia, i play under these three principles:

1) The only difference between town and scum is TMI.

2) If scum can do it, so can town, except TMI.

3) The best way to tell the truth in a game of lies is by lying and the best way to lie in a games of lies is by telling the truth.

What Bingle is not getting is that you didnt just simply repeat back what Sigmund says. You acknowledged and confirmed it because you came with the intention to pocket me (and you have never attempted to pocket me when you were town, totally the opposite, you ate paranoid of me), you shouldnt try to pocket a wild card who does not think like normal people do.

Of course the decision is not up to me and you can't the only scum in the game, if someone else from my scum pile gets a bigger wagon, i will vote there.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:58 am

Post by morph the cat »

Flea, I feel like you've just kind of ignored my reasons for voting you. :/
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:03 am

We always try and pocket you to some extent, you're fun to interact with.
We've looked back over it briefly in that last post, and we don't see it at all. We see what's perfectly normal figure of speech and you seem to be cherry picking the bits which suit your case here, disregarding what doesn't suit.

And trust me, that's pretty civil for me. -M.

PEdit: Because we prolly ain't seen them yet.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 2819, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2815, Guillotina wrote:OGI has nothing to do with alignment rand.
No, but it can provide an alternative explanation for otherwise scummy behavior.
Negative.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:07 am

Post by Sigmund »

In post 2825, borkjerfkin wrote:Anya [4]: Ircher, Lady Lambdadelta, Artemiana, Titus
who is scum on this list shea?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Toogeloo »

NDMath has less posts than jjh, Ircher, or unwnd, and barely beats bork.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:10 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 2835, Toogeloo wrote:NDMath has less posts than jjh, Ircher, or unwnd, and barely beats bork.
So?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2834, Sigmund wrote:
In post 2825, borkjerfkin wrote:Anya [4]: Ircher, Lady Lambdadelta, Artemiana, Titus
who is scum on this list shea?
If you had been reading my posts you'd know theres two people on that list who have a high percentage chance of being scum.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Toogeloo »

So... that should be embarrassing, and they should be embarrassed, because of embarrassment?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2833, Guillotina wrote:Negative.
In general, or in this specific case?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Sigmund »

In post 2837, Thestatusquo wrote:If you had been reading my posts you'd know theres two people on that list who have a high percentage chance of being scum.
it would've taken you less time to just type their names dude
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 2839, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2833, Guillotina wrote:Negative.
In general, or in this specific case?
In general. I can be at the hospital high on meds and still get a scum role card from the mod (for example).
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:14 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yeah but you're being a dick so I don't feel like helping you out. I've been pretty consistent in who I think is scum here and I've said it tons of times.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2841, Guillotina wrote:In general. I can be at the hospital high on meds and still get a scum role card from the mod (for example).
Oh, I'm not saying you can't. But if you then lurk, it's not because you were scum, it's because you were in the hospital.

Not saying that RL stuff prevents someone from being scum; it only prevents them from being scummy for the particular behavior that's explained by it.

I feel like we agree here and are just arguing about semantics. (Then again, semantic arguments are important because understanding people correctly is critical.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Guillotina »

@Sigmund i think it's time you out some reads.

Gth who are your top 3 townreads and your top 3 scumreads
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 2843, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2841, Guillotina wrote:In general. I can be at the hospital high on meds and still get a scum role card from the mod (for example).
Oh, I'm not saying you can't. But if you then lurk, it's not because you were scum, it's because you were in the hospital.

Not saying that RL stuff prevents someone from being scum; it only prevents them from being scummy for the particular behavior that's explained by it.

I feel like we agree here and are just arguing about semantics. (Then again, semantic arguments are important because understanding people correctly is critical.)
I'll never read and case a player considering OGI reasons, if you agree with that then yes, we are agreeing.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Sigmund »

guillo bell tooges - town

shea flea ss - mafia
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:41 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 2846, Sigmund wrote:guillo bell tooges - town

shea flea ss - mafia
Why is SS scum for you?
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Anya »

In post 2788, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2772, Anya wrote:she's not pushing me for a single good reason her push on bingles failed bc it was on confirmed town and now she's trying again on me
Why does LLD-scum start an eleventh hour wagon against you instead of pushing through an existing one?
if she guns for one of sigmund or ircher bc the other is her friend it'll look a lot worse for her and directly link her with that person

but if she instead creates a wagon on another player out of nowhere it doesn't look like that and even if people suspect it it's 1 of the two and not just the living one

she's throwing me into the fire bc she thinks i'm easy charcoal
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Anya »

apparently wagons are flea/sigmund

point still applies

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”