Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 198, Marky Mark wrote:On a waaaay lighter note, the mental image of Major Minor's SRs of Flea and I in one of their earlier posts made me chuckle. IIRC Flea is from Yorkshire, so if we ran a cult between us, it would be British af. Compulsory tea and custard creams for all initiates :P
Damned right. proper cuppa wi Yorkshire Tea, side of custard creams, eugh straight into our collective heart right there. :P
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I must admit I lean slightly towards Twinings, but we can table this for debate at our first Cult AGM :lol:
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE COUNT 1.5
Flea The Magician (2):
Enchant, Major Minor

Major Minor (2):
Umlaut, InsidiousLemons
osuka (1):
Marky Mark
Raya36 (1):
Flea The Magician
T3 (0):

Enchant (0):

InsidiousLemons (0):

Marky Mark (0):

Umlaut (0):

Not Voting (3):
Raya36, osuka, T3

With
votes in play, it takes
of them to yeet somebody.
At deadline, Flea The Magician shall be yeeted.

(expired on 2021-06-14 09:25:00) remain in the day.

Mod Notes
:
- Korina is V/LA on weekends. Please direct questions at that time to my Discord (Korina#0359)
- Maruchan is my co-mod.
-

Pronoun KeyKorina - They/Them
Maruchan - She/Her
Flea The Magician - Fae/Faer or They/Them
Raya36 - She/Her
Enchant - Please set preferred pronouns in user control panel.
Major Minor - He/Him
Marky Marky - He/Him
T3 - He/Him
Umlaut - He/Him
osuka - He/Him
InsidiousLemons - Any Pronouns
Last edited by Korina on Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:26 am

Post by T3 »

*sips tea3*
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:30 am

Why am I on Raya still?

VOTE: Major minor
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:32 am

That's E-2 btw.
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Major Minor »

In post 190, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 136, Major Minor wrote:There are other slots who had done less (and have still done less) and yet you're not applying the same scrutiny to them yet. Strange.
This really felt like you were trying to shade me here and accuse me of being disingenuous. Yet, when I replied to you in near real time, there was a significant pause before then you came up with 2 slots that I would argue had been notably more active than you at that point in the game and the backup mod.

If I genuinely felt like another player was singling me out, I would call them out based on their behaviours, but here it feels like you had to retrospectively find a justification for your accusation against me when I called you out on it.
...am I now being pushed because I had to step away from my computer for more than 10 minutes? Like, legitimately? Because I didn't respond to you 5 minutes after you responded to me?
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Korina »

One quick thing I feel I should signal boost quickly:

In post 195, InsidiousLemons wrote: also,
can i request that we stop referring to anyone as MM?
there are two players with those initials and it will only cause confusion.
I am seconding this, and asking all of you as the moderator to please try to use something other than MM to refer to Major Minor and Marky Mark. I cannot enforce something like this, but I can strongly encourage you to do so.
As well, any votes for "MM" will simply be ignored, seeing as there are two players with that acronym. Nobody has done this yet, from what I'm aware of, but I'm going to say it anyways.
Last edited by Korina on Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Major Minor »

In post 204, Flea The Magician wrote:Why am I on Raya still?

VOTE: Major minor
Pretty gross!
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:38 am

Post by T3 »

It seems like Major minor basically just chose the most convenient wagon to vote for.
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Major Minor »

In post 209, T3 wrote:It seems like Major minor basically just chose the most convenient wagon to vote for.
So you just chose to not read my posts expressing my discomfort towards Flea?
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Major Minor »

For what it's worth, I won't be claiming, even if I'm put to E-1. So if the reasons stated so far are actually compelling to you, put your vote on me. Preferably with an explanation as to why those reasons were so compelling so that the actual townies can catch you for joining a bad wagon later.
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:49 am

I don't want a claim from you, haven't I made that clear? I don't want E-1 claims.

I want you do some things that tell me you're town.

Without associatives, whats your reads? why?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 206, Major Minor wrote:
In post 136, Major Minor wrote:There are other slots who had done less (and have still done less) and yet you're not applying the same scrutiny to them yet. Strange.
This really felt like you were trying to shade me here and accuse me of being disingenuous. Yet, when I replied to you in near real time, there was a significant pause before then you came up with 2 slots that I would argue had been notably more active than you at that point in the game and the backup mod.

If I genuinely felt like another player was singling me out, I would call them out based on their behaviours, but here it feels like you had to retrospectively find a justification for your accusation against me when I called you out on it.
...am I now being pushed because I had to step away from my computer for more than 10 minutes? Like, legitimately? Because I didn't respond to you 5 minutes after you responded to me?
You'd made a couple of posts in quick succession so were clearly online. I then replied within 4 minutes but it took you 40 minutes to respond when I pushed you for actual examples. Of course, it could have just been unfortunate timing, I can't rule that out, but I hope you can see why it is sus.

I guess the deeper question is this:
Did you have specific slots in mind at the time when you shaded me for singling you out?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Marky Mark »

If you didn't have specific slots in mind at the time (ie was more of a rough feeling) then why phrase your post to shade me over it before checking your facts?

If you did have those specific slots in mind then I would question your judgement as the non-mod examples you gave were more active than you at that point in time.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Marky Mark »

At any rate, I'm keen to dig a bit deeper into your thought process here :)

Any on that note, I shall bid you all a good night as I have this thing called work in the morning. Take care!
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Marky Mark »

*And
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 187, Enchant wrote:How you tell apart simple cultist from cultist-cop?

Or do converted remain their powerrole and flip as some "Cult Cop"? I think it simple "Cultist".
This is actually a good question. I would have assumed Cult Cop but I don't see anything that clearly states it one way or the other (though the lack of a sample flip PM saying 'Cult Cop' would suggest it would just be 'Cultist')

@mod: Can you answer as to whether a player who begins as Town Cop and then gets cult-recruited would flip as 'Cult Cop' or as 'Cultist'?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Umlaut »

Enchant, I'd appreciate your stating some kind of opinion on the MaMi wagon. (Is that abbreviation any better?)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Korina »

In post 217, Umlaut wrote:
@mod: Can you answer as to whether a player who begins as Town Cop and then gets cult-recruited would flip as 'Cult Cop' or as 'Cultist'?
As per the OP, recruited players and the generated cultist in any C setup both share the same flip as "Cultist."
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:36 am

Eugh so town remains infoless, I was assuming flips as "Cult Tracker" and stuff.

Hmm... ok I need ot think on this.
Major Minor
Major Minor
Goon
Major Minor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Major Minor »

In post 212, Flea The Magician wrote:I don't want a claim from you, haven't I made that clear? I don't want E-1 claims.

I want you do some things that tell me you're town.

Without associatives, whats your reads? why?
I hunt on associatives. I like to group people into pools and work backwards from there. Especially early on in the game.

I'm also having trouble divorcing actual reads on people from retaliatory reads where I think the people voting for me are scummy. That being said, I believe that independent of their voting for me, Lemons stands a reasonable chance to flip scum here.
In post 213, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 206, Major Minor wrote:

You'd made a couple of posts in quick succession so were clearly online. I then replied within 4 minutes but it took you 40 minutes to respond when I pushed you for actual examples. Of course, it could have just been unfortunate timing, I can't rule that out, but I hope you can see why it is sus.

I guess the deeper question is this:
Did you have specific slots in mind at the time when you shaded me for singling you out?
In post 214, Marky Mark wrote:If you didn't have specific slots in mind at the time (ie was more of a rough feeling) then why phrase your post to shade me over it before checking your facts?

If you did have those specific slots in mind then I would question your judgement as the non-mod examples you gave were more active than you at that point in time.
But see, this wasn't a question of raw activity. In my mind, the accusation was less about activity and more about the implication that I wasn't "adding anything to the wider game" or "asking new questions". I still contend that I had done just as much as T3/osuka at that point, because I had tunneled in on one train of thought and was pursuing it. My reaction was "Wait, why is adding new questions a metric for engagement? And if that's the case, why am I getting shouted out for it? There are other low impact players out there that I can't name a single actual thing they've done." I had the Maruchan post in mind, though not necessarily Maruchan's name attached to it. Then upon going back to examine the playerlist, I saw all these names where I was like, I can't name a single thing this person has done of value or any questions they've added to the game state. Which lead to my summary post.
I'm anti anti, ain't I?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 220, Flea The Magician wrote:Eugh so town remains infoless, I was assuming flips as "Cult Tracker" and stuff.

Hmm... ok I need ot think on this.
You don't.

If you are PR, you should claim before dying. Either you die anyway, but point who you used ability on and save town some headache, or survive and actually help town (if you can't count, we have 3 myslynches. And lynching of common cultist COUNTS as Myslynch for that purpose. Actually it's harder to count, but you get idea, killing Cop is waste regardless if he is real or converted, and quickens cult win).

Also we could consider "Unrecruitable" gambit, where all PRs claim Unrecruitable if forced.
Then we can protect PRs via that and not to lose so much from if there's indeed Unrecruitable (cult could waste convert on them).
So if you are PR, you can consider claim Unrecruitable regardless of real one.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Enchant »

About Major i need look closely, i missed whole thing
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 135, T3 wrote:I don't think the enchant questioning thing is AI.
Why not? I think there are points for both ways.
In post 139, Umlaut wrote:
WMFM

(This tell didn't actually work in my last game but I still think it has merit)
Yeah, not the biggest fan of this either.
In post 146, Major Minor wrote: Feels rather disingenuous on your part, tbh.
This is the same idea again

I think Enchant's analysis on the cult's likelihood of hard-bussing is good and pro-town. I hadn't really put too much thought into that possibility.
@Flea, why is this set-up fishing? I don't really get how it was fishing for anything. Plus wouldn't the scum have a decent idea of the set-up? It's been a while since I've played one of these block set-up games.
In post 160, Enchant wrote:Sorry, but believing jailkeeper or rolestopper can stop convert is..

Uuuh. How good are docs and jailkeepers? Unless we have unrecruitable townies, it's safe to assume cult always convert someone, and game will turn in chaos mess on day 2 already.
Also don't get this. They can stop the convert?
In post 164, Umlaut wrote:Lol did MM actually include the co-mod on his list of suspects? Can't believe I missed that, it's self-defensive "please yeet anyone but me" finger-pointing if ever I saw it.
Absolutely agree with this. It's actual proof that no thought was put into who was being attacked. They just grabbed every name that could fit the profile.
In post 209, T3 wrote:It seems like Major minor basically just chose the most convenient wagon to vote for.
What makes Flea convenient?

I'm getting a slight scumread on T3. I do think Major is much scummier though. I just don't want him at E-1 yet.

VOTE: T3

Return to “Completed Open Games”