Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Super »

In post 724, NinjaStore wrote:
In post 712, Super wrote:Gira what's your read on me? if any?

I'll respond to Ninja/Orc when I get up from bed
I had to look back a few pages to see who gira was. Could you call him catboi? It would help keep the conversation clearer.

I'll address other questions/posts when I get the chance. I need to be productive atm.
sorry it's a habit haha

I'll try <3 and np
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:45 am

Post by catboi »

In post 721, Super wrote:it is a stupid claim lol, I'd lol at it too
Tbh I'd react that way as scum too but that's just because I'm dismissive of nonsense as either alignment.

Anyway, Super, with regard to HEM: I thought there was a decent possibility he was scum, but also he was in the category of "If he's scum I'm not going to be able to convince people today" and if he's making the vote I want that's fine enough. It's possible the immediate shift was because he was tunneled on JV and my replace-in made him re-evaluate, rather than a tactical switch of reads, I'm really not sure and unfortunately we're never going to find out. I feel like his slot's a bit of a write-off for today.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Cabd »

Unwnd replaces humaneatingmonkey. Setting deadline to 72 hours to compensate.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:05 am

Post by unwnd »

Hi

I've read a little bit, I was thinking monkey was town and what do you know he was
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:06 am

Post by unwnd »

At a pure base level I was also thinking catboi is town? Gut reasoning though, nothing I could ascribe a full wall to (funny given how he's played so far)

Recent games I've been more forthright and hyperposty, so I'm reverting into my older habits as I feel this game would be best suited for them
Stop
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Super »

hi unwnd :)

did you have an opinion on Jackson before catboi subbed?
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Super »

also why is it funny given how he has played so far?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:20 am

Post by unwnd »

Because catboi is very capable of walls as scum, I was his partner in fortress so I've gotten a chance to see his innerworkings. However? The intent feels different here and even that small post where he was like 'that felt good to type' pinged well for me
Stop
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Super »

makes sense, I've felt catboi to be coming across as fairly genuine in his posts. I have different meta when it comes to reading him which I'm probably going to throw in the trash since this is a different environment to play with him in. I'm kinda glad he had a town-screamy predecessor so it's made my paranoia of his slot less likely to happen (fingers crossed)

anywaysssss

I think my focus today is going to be on my reads on James/Orc/Ninja, I have a fairly confident feeling that there is scum in here, I know I had James high on my townleans but I want to ISO each of them today to feel more confident

I am likely unwilling to vote unwnd today, I know it's early to say I like his entrance but I'm not gonna lie; I do lmao I also tr Monkey D1 pretty hard and I can't really question his motives anymore so I'llsee how I continue to feel about unwnd. I'm also obviously unwilling to vote Catboi.

I wanna hear from Navi but I'll let them catch up when they can
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:59 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

This no longer feels like a newbie game.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by unwnd »

Self catch-up post, this is a format I haven't used in quite some time but will make the exception here as I repped in. I'm going to be increasingly picky just to get into the mindset of others. A lot of my comments are just a grab bag and probably irrelevant. I'll sort through them by the end and give it coherence.

Spoiler: Part 1
I can (mostly) ignore Raab/Jackson given their deaths. I'm sure Raab will become more relevant based on him being the D1 elimination however.

P1
#12 - Navigator 'Not a lot to go on' I mean that's evidently true regardless? Not sure what the point was pointing it out.
#15 - Yes Micc I was pretty much at the same conclusion even if you're not here lol
#23 - Ninja this isn't a terrible thought. I also felt his post was ham-fisted here.
#24 - Dum no need to apologize here.

P2
#32 - Orctin what was this comment supposed to initiate? If the tepidness of the room is bothering you, why not investigate? Idle commenting.
#35 - Is an excellent post from Micc and I'd pretty much be voting Orctin here as well.
#36 - This is such a snap reaction from Salsa. It's not anything I don't believe is outside her own range however so just leaving this here as a footnote.
#38 - This is..an interesting response. It's verbosely written, but could've been summarized as 'you're reading me wrong and i'm upset about it'. If Orctin wanted to get his thoughts out, that's fine. Reasonable even. It's just that I don't know if it required such delicacy. Not liking Orctin here at all.
#40 - This is strangely similar in timing to Orctin's #38 but I don't think I read it the same. I think if Orctin/Navigator were both scum here that they wouldn't want to be associating so closely, and navigator's response to everything seems more compliant instead of..brought on.
#42 - Am I replacing Micc? Nodding along to most of his stuff, though uh the whole 'good to see Ninja saw this was bad' when you're voting the person he disagrees with is slightly bothersome.
#43/44 - Yeah it seems that Ninja is going forward on this. The initiative at the surface is decent. I'm typically more..biased towards newbies who prefer calls to action. I find newbie scum tend to be more awkward (or even willing to suck up) to the SEs when they're scum.
#46 - I don't consider the votes to be a bandwagon, personally. I see people just voting for the sake of voting. I don't see the sudden alarms going off in Dum's head.

P3
#47 - Ah yeah what's the point of this? You were complaining/concerned about the situation and then make a pretty empty vote. Don't like.
#52 - Very striking from navigator here. Calling out the hyprocrisy of Dum's post is really good stuff. Town. I'd probably be voting Dum here while keeping Orctin on the side.
#53 - Ah Salsa saw it as well! Heh
#57 - Being cautious about their own concerns just solidifies that good feeling. I was initially bothered by Navigator being a bit shy, but it seems that their posts to me up until this point feel more meticulous. Funnily fitting for someone with a Naoto avatar I think that Navigator was just afraid earlier, thinking about it.
#64 - Orctin I don't know what to do with you. This is just busywork. A conglomerate of thoughts. Yet, I want to know what you would get out of them? At this point I'm wishing I came in sooner given he can probably just ignore this.
The last few posts are Jackson posts. Jackson was the NK but I'm not gonna infer any bigger reasoning as to why. I'm mostly just breezing past it just like Raab.

P4
#62 - Salsa claiming she's scum is too on-the-nose lol. I don't remember if she was entirely like that in our newbie when she was scum.
Not a very interesting page. I'm pretty much still at Navigator being town so I might start skimming their posts more often.

P5
#103 - I don't like this. It comes too soon. The delivery is there but it just reads as oddly extravagent. So much that you really shouldn't see posts like this. The bolding of HEY MICC IS E-1 DONT HAMMER feels tacked on. Who replaced Dum? Super? Noted.
#113 - This trend of doing something and then relenting after the slightest response needs to stop. Let your words lie. Let others form a conclusion from it.
#123 - So do it? Put your vote there. Maybe I'm just the one who is wrong here and being super critical towards this behavior. I just constantly read your posts Orctin and think 'what is this going to lead to?'

P6
A lot of dead townie or slot I replaced into. Nothing to say.
#156 - Oh why did Salsa replace? :(
#169 - Funny how you put Cabd as town, he's machiavellian at heart.

P7
#177 - This is an alright post. I'm still sitting on Null with Salsa and I think this catch-up is something that anyone could make.

The squabble between Jackson and James is not too interesting to me. Jackson seems to be frustrated with James not acknolwedging his vote, but I'm not sure why James needs to care anyways as either alignment.

Stopping here for now, I know it's incomplete and I still have about 20ish pages to read, but hopefully people will look through it and have questions for me regardless lol
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 641, Cabd wrote:
Votecount 2-2

With 7 players alive, it will take 4 votes to eliminate.

Catboi(1): NinjaStore
NinjaStore (1): JamesThenames
Orctin (2): humaneatingmonkey, catboi
Dum (1): orctin

Not Voting (2): navigatorv, Dum

The deadline for day two is set at (expired on 2021-06-07 16:54:38)

Replacing DUm......
Orctin voting Dum who I was also pinging as scummy (who is Super). Meanwhile my blank tr (meaning I literally tabbed into the game, saw one or two of his posts and said 'yup that's probably town') is voting with me on Orctin. Catboi, what do you think of Super right now and do you think that Dum (Super)/Orctin could be two mates who are caught in a bad situation? That would be a great explanation but likely not the one that is real
Stop
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Super »

In post 734, JamesTheNames wrote:This no longer feels like a newbie game.
y?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 737, Super wrote:
y?
Aren't only 3 of us actually new players?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 738, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 737, Super wrote:
y?
Aren't only 3 of us actually new players?
unwnd was replacing a SE slot, so that's no difference. Super is technically a newbie, but by site rules only, as she is more like a baseball player who has spent years playing in Japan then comes to the United States and is considered a rookie. There's still you/orctin/ninjastore/navigatorv (when they return to us). But this tends to happen in newbie games that need a lot of replacements.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 736, unwnd wrote:Orctin voting Dum who I was also pinging as scummy (who is Super). Meanwhile my blank tr (meaning I literally tabbed into the game, saw one or two of his posts and said 'yup that's probably town') is voting with me on Orctin. Catboi, what do you think of Super right now and do you think that Dum (Super)/Orctin could be two mates who are caught in a bad situation? That would be a great explanation but likely not the one that is real
I don't think page 5 ever happens if Dum and orctin are teamed? Granted I've been fooled before by overestimating scum teams that made wildly bad plays, but it doesn't
feel
like that would be a thing teammates would do, and in general, that wild, off the wall ridiculous type of play coming from a newbie is almost always town.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 740, catboi wrote:
In post 736, unwnd wrote:Orctin voting Dum who I was also pinging as scummy (who is Super). Meanwhile my blank tr (meaning I literally tabbed into the game, saw one or two of his posts and said 'yup that's probably town') is voting with me on Orctin. Catboi, what do you think of Super right now and do you think that Dum (Super)/Orctin could be two mates who are caught in a bad situation? That would be a great explanation but likely not the one that is real
I don't think page 5 ever happens if Dum and orctin are teamed? Granted I've been fooled before by overestimating scum teams that made wildly bad plays, but it doesn't
feel
like that would be a thing teammates would do, and in general, that wild, off the wall ridiculous type of play coming from a newbie is almost always town.
Procrastinating on my catch-up (it will still happen) but I'm pretty much at one of them being scum

I haven't gotten to Super yet but I'm pretty comfortable with my vote lol
Stop
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Super »

In post 696, orctin wrote:
In post 685, Super wrote:
hmmm, I don't hate this post (except for the fact Orc is attacking poor innocent Dum Dum here, bless their soul). Orc do you think you've pushed players this game to get a read of them? what are your strongest reads? I guess you scumread my slot the most based on Dum's gambit thing but it hasn't felt like you've pressured them or anyone is particular to get a read on them? what are your thoughts on catboi's entrance/push on you? what about monkey's sudden push on you and follow of jackson's slot (who they had previously just scumread???)
I haven't really Push on people since back when it was Dum and Micc as my scum reads - I believed that micc was scum and the "Trap Play" that Dum did was attempt to pull attention away from micc. What was odd is we have multiple votes on Micc, I offered a chance for him to post in defense, then after a day, and people started pulling votes off i voted for micc as had seen nothing to change my original opinion. I then get called out by Dum for basically voting as i have noted i would the day before but waited. The Death of Johnny (Micc) showed that we were wrong about micc but didn't give me much pause on Dum as i still felt the Trap play of his was poor attempt to make someone look scum.
aight, I just ISOd you and reread the whole hammer scenario. I wouldn't really say you were pushing on Micc tbh, like, I guess you outed a scumread on him but it's not like you questioned his ass and tried and see if he was town? Maybe I compare how I play as town to others too much but it hasn't felt like you've actually been trying to gauge a person's alignment... more feels like you've just had vague reasons to vote people but not actually seeing how they'd react (I guess your reads haven't felt fluid?)

Do you really think Dum was that silly to do such a gambit to draw attention to himself as a fairly noob player? I know I'm biased cos I know Dum's alignment and when I read his posts I view them differently cos... I'm town, but I'd like to hope if I read those posts as an outsider I'd read him as townie. Also it kinda felt like your read on Dum mostly came from thinking Micc was his partner(?) I guess you did state a few times his gambit was scummy to you but you never actually addressed Dum or made it clear you wanted to try and figure him out more? Like asking for his reads? Understanding his train of thought? that's just me @_@

I also don't love the way you brought up not voting for Micc at E-1 as if to try look better? Like, obviously at that point it was wayyyy too early to hammer anyone, and IMO Micc wasn't even that scummy so it felt weird af to me. I understand you pointing out that you had ample time to hammer him, but why would scum do that? it'd be so dumb lol. I think you probably did know it wasn't a hammer when you eventually voted Micc, I still think it looks kinda bad regardless
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Super »

In post 697, orctin wrote:Catboi (JV) enterance and HEM's response seemed off - Ninja and Monkey were pushing a JV elim but Cat comes in, and shortly after with the help of James there's a quick change of opinion. Monkey and Ninja had JV as their cum ready for several days, so even a Cat swapping shouldn't change this as the Cat still holds the same alignment as JV did, so what changed?

I had noted in my post where i was looking for Pairs, as their are two scum i felt perhaps we should look at pairing as well, Hem and James were a likely pair because the two of them are not voting together, but do play off each other well, each having their own player they were after or pushing - this is why i said that the two of them would make a good pair.

I had also noted that i see different possible pairs in reading James - Yes if Hem was scum then i can see James as well with him. But I looked at it another way in if James is scum - i can see a couple options that went with him - not just HEM, for which i get beat up for because i have a more open mind look at things - Example of what i mean is i can easily see a James/Ninja matchup - Ninja was also pushing on JV, While James played toward NAV, I cant see a HEM/Ninja Pair or a James/Nav Pair as they wouldn't be voting together as they had. But i do read 2 scum working together to spread town out and keep them defensive on multiple fronts.
Okay, I agree that the whole Monkey changing his tune with his reads was strange and I wish I could have an answer to that. I *kinda* understand your pairing thing here, but instead of looking for pairs who do you think is scummy? I dunno if you've said why you think James could be scum yet or not, I should probably put my glasses on and actually read people's posts properly

also why are you still voting Dum if you have these thoughts @_@ if you scumread him so much maybe ask me some hard hitting questions so you can townread me and we can move on to figuring out who to elim today; I just hate when people make statements but don't appear to actually be trying to read people or interact
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Super »

In post 698, orctin wrote:James sudden attack and questioning my wording and thoughts also give me pause on him. Seems he thinks people have to think one way and i dont fit that mold and never have, and dont care to. So yes a Monkey/James pair is still very much a possibility to me. But i also noted that Ninja joined the party on this. So i had 3 players and a 4th with Cat now questioning myself. It was at that time i decided to show that i still had Dum as my scum read. Who would be paired with Dum, i'm unsure of that. If Dum is in fact Scum i would have to say him and his partner are doing well to avoid each other
bro it sounds like you scumread everyone at this point, it's fine that you decided to out a scumread on Dum but it also felt as though as you were getting attacked you were trying to deflect that onto an afk LHF named Dum Dum

stop looking for pairs, I haven't really been thinking of pairs at this point

what's your list of towniest to scummiest?
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Super »

In post 699, orctin wrote:As Far as the game here - Yes i have decided i hate this format and game setup - We have 9 people, 5 have been replaced - a 6th will be most likely soon - This is a slow play game that is focused of read people - yet we are changing people out more than we haven't now - so those of us left as original starters int he game, Myself, Ninja, Nav i feel are at more of a disadvantage - the Whole JV to Cat swap is a great example of this where people been harping on JV for days now, Cat swaps in and suddenly it's as if their whole JV reads and attack are gone now.

I will note one thing about me as i wont quit a game, IRL stuff may happen and i didn't post a lot for 2 days but to signup for games then quit them, i hope has some kind of repercussions here can it hurts the other players long term. If i play more games here i will lave to look up more faster paced games as my first game here was a mess with a Bully overpowering the game (and was totally wrong and we won as town ignoring him finally) and now this one where over half the people are replaced.
why are you upset that the Jackson attacks are gone now? did you scumread Jackson or are you mad cos you're mafia and people replacing out kinda fucks with getting town elimmed? sorry if that is mean-ish but it feels like you're upset about the game and I'm unsure if it's coming from a scum-perspective or not
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Super »

In post 736, unwnd wrote:
In post 641, Cabd wrote:
Votecount 2-2

Replacing DUm......
Orctin voting Dum who I was also pinging as scummy (who is Super). Meanwhile my blank tr (meaning I literally tabbed into the game, saw one or two of his posts and said 'yup that's probably town') is voting with me on Orctin. Catboi, what do you think of Super right now and do you think that Dum (Super)/Orctin could be two mates who are caught in a bad situation? That would be a great explanation but likely not the one that is real
wait what exactly does this explain? the way Orc used Dum's absence as a way to push on someone without actually pushing on somebody :P
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by orctin »

Welcome Super and unwnd

The whole hammer thing came up multiple times so i felt i needed to reply to it - Did i push Dum or micc at the time, no - I wanted to see how they responded - We all know the game here so i dont feel the need to put additional push on people, i had made the position known, and left it open for response.

And yes, A lot of the Dum read did come from that play, i felt it was a poor attempt to take a situation and turn it against someone who i thought i had made my position clear. Dum had been on my scumread since then.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 746, Super wrote:
In post 641, Cabd wrote:
Votecount 2-2

Replacing DUm......
wait what exactly does this explain? the way Orc used Dum's absence as a way to push on someone without actually pushing on somebody :P
I'm not there yet! Just let me do my own thing and I promise good things will happen
Stop
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Super »

In post 748, unwnd wrote:
In post 746, Super wrote:
In post 641, Cabd wrote:
Votecount 2-2

Replacing DUm......
I'm not there yet! Just let me do my own thing and I promise good things will happen
look I'm an impatient little girl sorry sorry

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”