Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Umlaut you voted with your initial solve onto Enchant (major minor + t3). Why?
I prefer they, thanks :)
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 390, Major Minor wrote:ESPECIALLY if Flea is town.

Flea, if you're town, you're pushing on town here. Think about that for a moment and how that might explain some of the gamestate. With you doing the heavy lifting for scum to push people onto a miselimination onto me, they can sorta just... blend in. What other active things have been happening?
Thank you for your confession.
The gamestate is still fairly decent, the HEAVY resistance to your elimination despite few people expressing an opinion on you tells me there's either scum defending you, or you are scum. Osuka has been defending you, and I'm happy enough in my read on you that you are todays elimination, and the only one in my mind.

I will say this, you have earned a lot of respect from me for your play if you're scum. You've done a good job at adjusting the narratives around you, and I'm pretty sure you're wishing there was a factional kill.
Converting me would be obvious, besides there's the PR to take care of. :)

Question for me is your buddy, Osuka, T3 or Umlaut.
In post 390, Major Minor wrote:This isn't a long game, just 16 pages. I'd encourage people to reread and see the dominant narrative. It has solely centered around me from the start of this game, pretty much -- one of the first real reads expressed after Flea pushed us out of RVS was that people were sus of me for various reasons, and a majority of the dialogue has continued to be about that -- which means scum really don't want to shake up the narrative too much, because from their perspective, they had a townie in the spotlight (me) while I pushed for a wagon on a town PR (Enchant). The goal should be to find who was specifically trying not to rock the boat and seemed content to let the status quo stay as it is (Umlaut, ???).
Oof the ego is real. You pushed for a wagon on Enchant, who was promptly run up to E-1 with much much less resistance.

I think you picked up the same hints from Enchant as I did, and your push on them tells me you're scum motivated.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:44 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 400, Dwlee99 wrote:Umlaut you voted with your initial solve onto Enchant (major minor + t3). Why?
I didn't really think about who was or wasn't on the wagon with me (and if I had I hope I still wouldn't have let it sway me). I didn't really have Enchant as anything like a townread in the first place, then really pinged me and made me want to resolve that slot.

Having resolved it, I think there is very likely scum on the Enchant wagon. I can't make up my mind who is most likely but I sort of feel the most town about T3 out of the three now (meaning it's Major Minor and/or you).
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

That pinged you? It looks like a clear PR claim
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Umlaut »

They had already claimed PR in after encouraging PRs to claim, and asked for other PR to claim as well, then suddenly reversed course in and said "no, no one else should claim." At the time I thought this looked suspect, and specifically like trying to ward off potential counterclaims. Knowing their PR claim is legit I suppose it was just that they realized revealing themselves as a PR had been a mistake (and I agree it was!).
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I haven't read a single T3 post but I'm soul reading them as evil right now. Time to read and try to confirm suspicions.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Okay nevermind I lost the feel.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:23 am

Post by Enchant »

Mafia is hard.

I expect from CL being considered as town or atleast hiding around when other people pushed. This is most vital role, which cult want to save at all cost. So i expect SecondCult to push everything around. Even if he die, what he lose? Nothing can stop CL convert now if he really want.

But considering cult need just 1-2 day to screw town over, i think they could be passive and just sit with popcorn.

Also. I asked to not claim, because knowing i am PR for said PR is pretty powerful knowledge, without endangering me. I realised it too late and you can't read my mind and ye, i lynched/forced to claim at day 1 very, VERY often. Counterclaim situation is bad for me, because how likely possibility you believe cult, not me.

Not sure who really could be cult. Sorry for my blindness, i simple can't.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm thinking marky has a good chance to flip CL.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 385, Major Minor wrote:VOTE: T3

Fuck it. I don't want to crossvote Osuka and I would prefer if you guys didn't eliminate town D1.
... so you're gonna cross-vote T3? (who incidentally has not responded to my question about why he's voting you, despite me asking it within ~1 minute of his previous post)
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 383, Raya36 wrote:I had a scumlean for sure but it wasn't strong. Sometimes I like to pick at players I scumlean by giving little bits of pressure that way without writing a whole case. Sometimes I post like that as reminders to myself later on, kind of like thinking out loud.
This feels a bit off. It's pretty fence-sitty and markedly different to your progression on T3, where you explictly called out that you had a slight scumread on them from early on.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I guess we should really start talking in terms of PoEs, given how close we are getting to deadline.

I still think we should be flipping osuka rn. Their ISO highlights include bending my words to try and push me (eg ), trying to deflect my case on them as OMGUS rather than actually work through it (), followed by acting like they were super open to questions (), but then stalling and disappearing when I actually asked questions. I'd genuinely encourage people to go and look back at their ISO (it's not long) and make their own minds up.

Failing that, I'd settle for a compromise elim on T3 or Raya. I don't think they are scum together, but I reckon there is a decent chance that 1 of the 2 could be scum, especially with their recent posting.

I also need to go and look back at the Flea/Major interactions - Major's weird interaction with me where they said I singled them out unfairly but then struggled to back it up was scummy, but their posts otherwise have felt very towny, so I need to look back over why Flea is pushing them and whether it looks like it is in good faith or not.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Umlaut »

I was about to say "Beetlejuice tell" but Beetlejuice is paradoxically so well-known that for someone with a 2014 join date it's effectively an anti-tell

VOTE: Dwlee

I'm suddenly more interested in this than I am in the Major or T3. Lemons' jump onto Enchant is oddly timed in that based on their posts they
should
have voted Enchant pages and pages prior but
didn't
vote Enchant until it was safe (look at basically asking Major's permission to join the wagon??) and then were oddly resistant to jumping back off; seems to acknowledge that Enchant's claim most likely comes from town but still leaves the vote there, and
still
leaves the vote there (admittedly that was a "sorry I'm busy" post and devoid of content but it's not that hard to write the word "unvote")

Then Dwlee arrives, votes me, and immediately
reassures
me that I can talk them out of it. Something has rubbed me the wrong way about our interactions; it doesn't feel like they're talking to me the way you talk to a scumread. They also continue Lemons' habit of picking at things that are surface-level "bad" but not really scum-indicative: how is my answer to a question like possibly supposed to help anyone sort me? It's just a make-work question, the kind of thing a person
thinks
they should read as scummy but in reality probably shouldn't care about if they actually care about finding scum.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:36 am

Post by osuka »

In post 385, Major Minor wrote:VOTE: T3

Fuck it. I don't want to crossvote Osuka and I would prefer if you guys didn't eliminate town D1.
what do you mean crossvote

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:36 am

Post by osuka »

Flea, if you're town, you're pushing on town here. Think about that for a moment and how that might explain some of the gamestate. With you doing the heavy lifting for scum to push people onto a miselimination onto me, they can sorta just... blend in. What other active things have been happening?

This isn't a long game, just 16 pages. I'd encourage people to reread and see the dominant narrative. It has solely centered around me from the start of this game, pretty much -- one of the first real reads expressed after Flea pushed us out of RVS was that people were sus of me for various reasons, and a majority of the dialogue has continued to be about that -- which means scum really don't want to shake up the narrative too much, because from their perspective, they had a townie in the spotlight (me) while I pushed for a wagon on a town PR (Enchant). The goal should be to find who was specifically trying not to rock the boat and seemed content to let the status quo stay as it is (Umlaut, ???).
this is a pretty shit push but i think flea is cult so i'm really not sure how to feel

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:37 am

Post by osuka »

shit response***

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:38 am

Post by osuka »

In post 401, Flea The Magician wrote:

Thank you for your confession.
The gamestate is still fairly decent, the HEAVY resistance to your elimination despite few people expressing an opinion on you tells me there's either scum defending you, or you are scum. Osuka has been defending you, and I'm happy enough in my read on you that you are todays elimination, and the only one in my mind.

I will say this, you have earned a lot of respect from me for your play if you're scum. You've done a good job at adjusting the narratives around you, and I'm pretty sure you're wishing there was a factional kill.
Converting me would be obvious, besides there's the PR to take care of. :)

Question for me is your buddy, Osuka, T3 or Umlaut.
In post 390, Major Minor wrote:This isn't a long game, just 16 pages. I'd encourage people to reread and see the dominant narrative. It has solely centered around me from the start of this game, pretty much -- one of the first real reads expressed after Flea pushed us out of RVS was that people were sus of me for various reasons, and a majority of the dialogue has continued to be about that -- which means scum really don't want to shake up the narrative too much, because from their perspective, they had a townie in the spotlight (me) while I pushed for a wagon on a town PR (Enchant). The goal should be to find who was specifically trying not to rock the boat and seemed content to let the status quo stay as it is (Umlaut, ???).
Oof the ego is real. You pushed for a wagon on Enchant, who was promptly run up to E-1 with much much less resistance.

I think you picked up the same hints from Enchant as I did, and your push on them tells me you're scum motivated.
where have i been defending that slot? enlighten me, i would love to see you try

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:40 am

Post by osuka »

In post 411, Marky Mark wrote:I guess we should really start talking in terms of PoEs, given how close we are getting to deadline.

I still think we should be flipping osuka rn. Their ISO highlights include bending my words to try and push me (eg ), trying to deflect my case on them as OMGUS rather than actually work through it (), followed by acting like they were super open to questions (), but then stalling and disappearing when I actually asked questions. I'd genuinely encourage people to go and look back at their ISO (it's not long) and make their own minds up.

Failing that, I'd settle for a compromise elim on T3 or Raya. I don't think they are scum together, but I reckon there is a decent chance that 1 of the 2 could be scum, especially with their recent posting.

I also need to go and look back at the Flea/Major interactions - Major's weird interaction with me where they said I singled them out unfairly but then struggled to back it up was scummy, but their posts otherwise have felt very towny, so I need to look back over why Flea is pushing them and whether it looks like it is in good faith or not.
yeah im sorry about my activity, i have been extremely busy with work. just yesterday, i was working until 3 am my time

that said, ive already addressed everything else youve mentioned here and i won't be doing it again because it's mostly dogshit and i can't be bothered to keep repeating myself

Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Marky Mark »

osuka wrote: yeah im sorry about my activity, i have been extremely busy with work. just yesterday, i was working until 3 am my time

that said, ive already addressed everything else youve mentioned here and i won't be doing it again because it's mostly dogshit and i can't be bothered to keep repeating myself
Yet again you try to trivialise my points against you by calling it dogshit rather than arguing against it logically. You have 100% not addressed the questions I pointed your way (I guess your insinuation that flea is cult is a partial answer to the one about your reads, but certainly not a comprehensive one) so why act like you were happy to work with me and answer my questions if you're just going to try and trivialise them and bat them away?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Like if you think Flea is scum then why aren't you voting them, and what other reads do you have on the rest of the plist?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 412, Umlaut wrote:I was about to say "Beetlejuice tell" but Beetlejuice is paradoxically so well-known that for someone with a 2014 join date it's effectively an anti-tell

VOTE: Dwlee

I'm suddenly more interested in this than I am in the Major or T3. Lemons' jump onto Enchant is oddly timed in that based on their posts they
should
have voted Enchant pages and pages prior but
didn't
vote Enchant until it was safe (look at basically asking Major's permission to join the wagon??) and then were oddly resistant to jumping back off; seems to acknowledge that Enchant's claim most likely comes from town but still leaves the vote there, and
still
leaves the vote there (admittedly that was a "sorry I'm busy" post and devoid of content but it's not that hard to write the word "unvote")

Then Dwlee arrives, votes me, and immediately
reassures
me that I can talk them out of it. Something has rubbed me the wrong way about our interactions; it doesn't feel like they're talking to me the way you talk to a scumread. They also continue Lemons' habit of picking at things that are surface-level "bad" but not really scum-indicative: how is my answer to a question like possibly supposed to help anyone sort me? It's just a make-work question, the kind of thing a person
thinks
they should read as scummy but in reality probably shouldn't care about if they actually care about finding scum.
Homie I voted you because you weren't voting anyone, it was effectively an RVS. Your point that I wasn't talking to you like a scumread is terribad and I think you know it. is getting into the game having skimmed your ISO and name-connecting what you said about the Enchant wagon to what you said. Typically town think about who they're voting with so that you didn't even think about it is really weird to me. I'm more happy with my vote now.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:52 am

Post by T3 »

major thinks flea is scum but won't vote them.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Two people think I'm scum but won't vote me, both are slots that are unfamiliar with me and it shows xD

Osuka, why react to my calling out of your weird defences of Major Minor but not theirs? Care to actually contribute to the game?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:08 pm

I'm happy locking down on Major Minor and Osuka team here. So you'll know if I'm culted. :)
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 397, Umlaut wrote:They fucked around for most of the day, then started suggesting PRs should just come out and claim on Day 1, then explicitly claimed to have a PR when they had only two votes on them (though as I recall a lot of people agreed they were weird and null at best), then immediately said they changed their mind and no other PRs should claim. This was erratic and suspect enough behavior to get them pushed to L-1 and a full claim extracted; they're a Town Rolestopper. I'm assuming this claim is true since if it weren't someone would be able to counterclaim.
This was quite negative for being about someone you townread in the end
In post 402, Umlaut wrote:
In post 400, Dwlee99 wrote:Umlaut you voted with your initial solve onto Enchant (major minor + t3). Why?
I didn't really think about who was or wasn't on the wagon with me (and if I had I hope I still wouldn't have let it sway me). I didn't really have Enchant as anything like a townread in the first place, then really pinged me and made me want to resolve that slot.

Having resolved it, I think there is very likely scum on the Enchant wagon. I can't make up my mind who is most likely but I sort of feel the most town about T3 out of the three now (meaning it's Major Minor and/or you).
Why does T3 feel the most town?
In post 410, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 383, Raya36 wrote:I had a scumlean for sure but it wasn't strong. Sometimes I like to pick at players I scumlean by giving little bits of pressure that way without writing a whole case. Sometimes I post like that as reminders to myself later on, kind of like thinking out loud.
This feels a bit off. It's pretty fence-sitty and markedly different to your progression on T3, where you explictly called out that you had a slight scumread on them from early on.
It's just my posting style, I'm sure you'd notice it if you read some of my other games too. The scumlean on T3 would be more of a full scumread.

Return to “Completed Open Games”