House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:32 am

Post by House »

In post 1642, cyrus62 wrote:is no one else seeing how hard it is to get a nk hammer . think we need 7 votes if there is 3 scum here and nither of them are voting nk15 then thats why its takeing so long.
Why is NK scum?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:36 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1636, NorwegianboyEE wrote:NSG wanna talk more about Moon?
I can talk more later. In short, I think I have a lot more authority than you do to talk about moon's behavior here and I you really shouldn't be just dismissing that, especially as "just meta".
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:39 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1645, Moongrass wrote:VOTE: FMFT

Not mafia
Nom
House
Gamma
Cyrus
Feys
Titus
NK15
FMFT
Jjh
Mastina
Yikes.
In post 1649, Moongrass wrote:Nsg the game makes a lot more sense if jjh is scum. Fitting a team around nom doesn't work.
think you can try to explain this one? pretty sure you're just wrong here

things fall apart
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:40 am

Post by nomnomnom »

What changed your mind about me Moon?
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:40 am

Post by Moongrass »

In post 1651, northsidegal wrote:
I can talk more later. In short, I think I have a lot more authority than you do to talk about moon's behavior here and I you really shouldn't be just dismissing that, especially as "just meta".
I was about to go on a rant about why nsg is next level but I thought I'd save it until post game.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:41 am

Post by House »

In post 1646, Moongrass wrote:The mastina/jjh play here reminds me a lot of a scum mastina/RC play from an old TM game.
Honestly, I'm lowkey suspicious of mastina not giving me at least a side eye...

In the past, I was my towniest as scum because I cared more about appearances, and drew more suspicion as town than scum from most players, but mastina could read my "dirty" town play like a book so I'm a little surprised that she's not reacting to my play being so different, now.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:43 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1654, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1651, northsidegal wrote:
I was about to go on a rant about why nsg is next level but I thought I'd save it until post game.
Well i've never played with you before so if NSG is that convinced i'll consider that. But that doesn't mean i'm treating all their words as gospel.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:43 am

Post by northsidegal »

shrug

i hate to make comments like that because they're classical hubris and set me up to potentially look stupid if i'm wrong (and just in general it's not how i expect to convince people), but i do think that people are ignoring me in this game just because my reads sort of diverge from consensus and they don't want to deal with that.

things fall apart
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:44 am

Post by House »

In post 1657, northsidegal wrote:shrug

i hate to make comments like that because they're classical hubris and set me up to potentially look stupid if i'm wrong (and just in general it's not how i expect to convince people), but i do think that people are ignoring me in this game just because my reads sort of diverge from consensus and they don't want to deal with that.
I'm not a fan of consensus reads, because they tend to eliminate town.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1657, northsidegal wrote:shrug

Well, convince me.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Moongrass »

In post 1652, northsidegal wrote:think you can try to explain this one? pretty sure you're just wrong here
I skim read everyone and kept making readlists that made no sense based on potential teams. I kept putting jjh up top and when I shifted him down, the team of FMFT/mastina/jjh didn't look as bad as the others.
Jjh is playing a great game here, but it's too great, almost clinical minus his hiccup at the start defending me.

Nom I think is town based on her interactions that aren't her pushing into me. Her response to you in particular, shifted my read there.

There are plenty of players here that know mastina well enough to not be scumreading her in the dark, and her shift on the hydra was just gross.

If mastina and jjh are not partnered I don't think that nullifies jjh being scum if mastina is just unengaged.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Moongrass »

Do you have a lot of experience with jjh nsg?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:52 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1656, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Well i've never played with you before so if NSG is that convinced i'll consider that. But that doesn't mean i'm treating all their words as gospel.
for the record, i'm not absolutely convinced that moon is town. the main point that i've been trying to get across is that the main thing that moon seems to be being scumread for (i.e. the crazy read shifts) is not a convincing reason to believe that she's scum. i
just went through this
literally the last game that i played just before this one – i thought the exact same thing that you do now, that there were these crazy read shifts from voting someone to instantly top townreading that person, and moon wouldn't explain them when i asked. i was proven wrong, so now i know that that model for reading moon is ineffective.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:53 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1661, Moongrass wrote:Do you have a lot of experience with jjh nsg?
pretty much, yeah. as he indicated himself, i have a pretty good (if not perfect) record of correctly reading him as both town or scum here. i understand that his scum meta has improved a lot from the very first game i played with him years ago, but i would still fairly confidently say that his play this game has fallen within his town meta here. even beyond just pure meta, i think that he's made a lot of comments that i would almost never expect from scum.

things fall apart
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:56 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I'd love to cooperate with you NSG because I know your reads are somewhat sharp, but in this case you believe I am scum, which is obviously wrong, so it's harder for me to do so :P
I'd like to ask again: Consider a world where I'm town. Where are the scums in that case?
I think I'm warming up on town!moon, possibly, and I think the scums could be elsewhere considering the gamestate, I think a push on FMFT is not a bad idea
VOTE: FMFT
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:56 am

Post by House »

In post 1662, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1656, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Well i've never played with you before so if NSG is that convinced i'll consider that. But that doesn't mean i'm treating all their words as gospel.
for the record, i'm not absolutely convinced that moon is town. the main point that i've been trying to get across is that the main thing that moon seems to be being scumread for (i.e. the crazy read shifts) is not a convincing reason to believe that she's scum. i
just went through this
literally the last game that i played just before this one – i thought the exact same thing that you do now, that there were these crazy read shifts from voting someone to instantly top townreading that person, and moon wouldn't explain them when i asked. i was proven wrong, so now i know that that model for reading moon is ineffective.
I can see that.

Taking my interaction with Moon as an example, where she was townreading me, then trying to build a wagon on me when I derped on my read, back to placing me as a high townread when I got my head straight on the issue she was pushing me over.

There was a lot of swing there if you ignored the context, but it makes sense when you also know the details.

Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Moongrass »

Nsg could you point out one of those comments? I'm not afraid to go back to the drawing board.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1663, northsidegal wrote:even beyond just pure meta, i think that he's made a lot of comments that i would almost never expect from scum.
for instance, this comment:
In post 1110, jjh927 wrote:Sadly, you are mistaken. I cannot be elimed in this game, because this is a shining example of my towngame and NSG is one of the treestumps
i think that someone who is scum and in the position that jjh is in this game would almost never make this comment. i say this in part based on my own experience – as someone with relatively distinct town and scum metas (as jjh also is), making this comment would just not be something that i'd do. in games where i'm scum, i recognize that my play is going to be distinct from what people expect of my town play, so i would either try to get ahead of it by making some excuse about why my play is different in advance (such as "i'm trying a new playstyle") or i would just never so confidently declare that i'm playing my town game. furthermore, there
have
been games where i've made almost exactly the same comment as town: that i am unambiguously playing my towngame and that other people in the playerlist who know me should recognize this and would never vote for me.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1664, nomnomnom wrote:I'd love to cooperate with you NSG because I know your reads are somewhat sharp, but in this case you believe I am scum, which is obviously wrong, so it's harder for me to do so
i think that you said earlier that you didn't care to try to convince me that you were town. i'm curious – why is that?

things fall apart
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:59 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I think largely this is the type of gamestate where scums could be very happy lurking the game out considering the high amount of noise that has happened with certain slots, so I think i'd be satisfied with pushes going FMFT and Titus' way.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:03 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1664, nomnomnom wrote:I think I'm warming up on town!moon, possibly, and I think the scums could be elsewhere considering the gamestate, I think a push on FMFT is not a bad idea
i don't believe this, for the record.

things fall apart
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Moongrass »

In post 1110, jjh927 wrote:I do get it- if you want to elim in me or Mastina then you have to claim that we're both aligned since we've locktowned each other

Sadly, you are mistaken. I cannot be elimed in this game, because this is a shining example of my towngame and NSG is one of the treestumps
The second part of this post so strongly reminds me of scum RC.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:06 am

Post by northsidegal »

almost nobody on site plays like scum RC, the comment may be similar but using that as a model for evaluation doesn't make sense because jjh isn't an RC-like player.

things fall apart
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:06 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1668, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1664, nomnomnom wrote:I'd love to cooperate with you NSG because I know your reads are somewhat sharp, but in this case you believe I am scum, which is obviously wrong, so it's harder for me to do so
i think that you said earlier that you didn't care to try to convince me that you were town. i'm curious – why is that?
Perhaps a better way to put it is I wouldn't know how to convince you. I'm happy to respond to things you think indicates scum!me or even if you were to make a case on me so I can respond to it, but in this state I think it would be a pointless exercise.
I'm happy to have a back and forth if that's what you wanna do, but in this case I'm just going *shrug* and moving on because there's not much else to say here, aside from getting you to see the game from my own pov and seeing how your reads would shift then.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:07 am

Post by Moongrass »

That's also not the only post where he points to you townreading him as a reason he's town.

If I had rolled scum here I'd be playing to make sure nsg and mastina townread me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”