Newbie 2066: Gelato 2 -- End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-9

Francesco Procopio dei Coltelli, a famous restaurateur, made gelato famous all over Europe. Procopio moved from Palermo to Paris and opened a cafe in 1686, where he served gelato in little egg cups. The cafe, called The Procope, still exists today, making it the oldest restaurant in Paris.

Vaxkiller
(3): Rockhopper, Roden, NotAJumbleOfNumbers
GuyInFreezer
(2): Clasko, Vaxkiller
Clasko
(1): GuyInFreezer
JohnnyFarrar
(1): sang froid

Not Voting
(2): T3, JohnnyFarrar

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: June 15, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-06-15 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Roden »

I think your vote tracker is bugged, those aren't the correct votes.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 351, Roden wrote:I think your vote tracker is bugged, those aren't the correct votes.
fixed, thanks!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by T3 »

VOTE: Rockhopper after a reread.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 348, Roden wrote:GIF's case against Vax made me feel better about my own read on Vax, but now he's just tossing that all out over...what? I literally don't know why Vax is suddenly town.
4D chess
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 349, Roden wrote:GIF and Rock, both of you make me want to drink.
I will explain it in due time if I don’t get nightkilled tonight or N2.
But as of now Vax is not the lunch today and if you are that against clasko I suggest Johnny.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Elimination.
I’m too used to old words.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 338, T3 wrote:I vote you for voting Vax... then you unvote vax.

Convenient timing.
Teeeeeechnically I never voted Vax. :P
Although I was gonna lolhammer tomorrow night.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Roden »

I need to hear from more people on this. The sudden Vax town read gives me bad vibes and 4D chess isn't enough of an answer.

Sang, what about GIF's sudden change from intent to hammer, to a180 u-turn into a town read, is compelling to you? What are you seeing that I don't?

Jumble, what's your read on the situation? Do you lean Johnny or Vax more as scum?

T3, I don't disagree about Rock but I seriously doubt we're voting Rock today at this point. Why the vote on him?

Clasko...man, I just need you to speak up more. Don't make me paranoid by staying silent so often.

Rock, I assume you're staying on Vax since they're part of your hero read. How does GIF's town read affect this?

Vax, did you give up?

Johnny, are you even playing?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Roden »

If Johnny's next post is just another prod dodge that adds nothing, I'll vote him. Otherwise I'm sticking on Vax.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

In post 358, Roden wrote:Jumble, what's your read on the situation? Do you lean Johnny or Vax more as scum?
Vaxkiller. I think I've made my point on Vaxkiller well enough, given that they still haven't posted. Johnny is still pretty neutral to me. The only real argument you could make out of his 3 posts is that he's suffering from newbie scum nervousness, but they're not a newbie. Therefore, we have literally nothing on the slot.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Roden »

:eek:

GIF is town for post 355.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 360, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 358, Roden wrote:Jumble, what's your read on the situation? Do you lean Johnny or Vax more as scum?
Vaxkiller. I think I've made my point on Vaxkiller well enough, given that they still haven't posted. Johnny is still pretty neutral to me. The only real argument you could make out of his 3 posts is that he's suffering from newbie scum nervousness, but they're not a newbie. Therefore, we have literally nothing on the slot.
I feel the same way, I feel more confident voting Vax then Johnny. But, even though I'm not sure of GIF's thought process here, I think that as long as he's pegged at least one of his reads correctly, we can't lose.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Roden »

*Vax than Johnny, sorry
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Rockhopper »

In post 333, Roden wrote:Rock I can't see how there's even a sliver of a chance that you're town now. I gave you a fully detailed explanation and rebuttal with multiple questions, and you basically ignored all of it to just repeat yourself again and push a narrative against me that makes no logical sense. I know I tunneled you but I at least kept hitting the breaks and tried to see how you could be town. Your case against me isn't even a tunnel at this point, you're just trying to brute force suspicion on me without even trying to make it look like it makes sense.

If you're actually town, there's just no way for me to believe it now because of how often you keep arguing in poor faith. Singling me out for doing the exact same things four other people did, and dropping Sang from your scum list even though you were totally convinced they're scum, ultimately just doesn't look good. If you're town, you're 100% throwing this game.
Didn't have the time/energy.

I feel like I've explained my thougt process well enough to answer your questions tho.
Your reasons/persistence stood out. Sang's null cus I don't think you guys are partners.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by Rockhopper »

In post 358, Roden wrote: Rock, I assume you're staying on Vax since they're part of your hero read. How does GIF's town read affect this?
Still my hero solve but I'm fine with voting either tbh
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Post by Rockhopper »

Actually

Clasko
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Post by Rockhopper »

VOTE: Clasko
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by Rockhopper »

I think I have a pretty strong towncase on GIF but I'll try explaining it tomorrow
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:02 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 364, Rockhopper wrote:
In post 333, Roden wrote:Rock I can't see how there's even a sliver of a chance that you're town now. I gave you a fully detailed explanation and rebuttal with multiple questions, and you basically ignored all of it to just repeat yourself again and push a narrative against me that makes no logical sense. I know I tunneled you but I at least kept hitting the breaks and tried to see how you could be town. Your case against me isn't even a tunnel at this point, you're just trying to brute force suspicion on me without even trying to make it look like it makes sense.

If you're actually town, there's just no way for me to believe it now because of how often you keep arguing in poor faith. Singling me out for doing the exact same things four other people did, and dropping Sang from your scum list even though you were totally convinced they're scum, ultimately just doesn't look good. If you're town, you're 100% throwing this game.
Didn't have the time/energy.

I feel like I've explained my thougt process well enough to answer your questions tho.
Your reasons/persistence stood out. Sang's null cus I don't think you guys are partners.
You didn't answer my questions. You ignored them and said "I think it's you if I just ignore how it doesn't make sense". You flat out said if you discounted parts of my argument, then your own argument makes sense. That's anti-town as fuck.

You keep going back to my reasons and persistence, but continue to ignore the fact four other people are doing the exact same thing that I'm doing. Why are you only focused on me but continue to ignore everyone else even when they continue to shade you? T3 just voted for you and you didn't even react. Sang and Jumble still scum read you and you couldn't seem to care less. You're only just now voting for Clasko after ignoring all game, and it looks like you're only doing it because I don't want to vote for him.
In post 365, Rockhopper wrote:
In post 358, Roden wrote: Rock, I assume you're staying on Vax since they're part of your hero read. How does GIF's town read affect this?
So you're scum reading four people but not voting for any of them? Or even trying to get a push going on them?

And you're wondering why I think you're scummy??
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by Roden »

Rock, I legitimately don't understand how you could possibly think you're coming off as town here.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:29 am

Post by T3 »

In post 358, Roden wrote:I need to hear from more people on this. The sudden Vax town read gives me bad vibes and 4D chess isn't enough of an answer.

Sang, what about GIF's sudden change from intent to hammer, to a180 u-turn into a town read, is compelling to you? What are you seeing that I don't?

Jumble, what's your read on the situation? Do you lean Johnny or Vax more as scum?

T3, I don't disagree about Rock but I seriously doubt we're voting Rock today at this point. Why the vote on him?

Clasko...man, I just need you to speak up more. Don't make me paranoid by staying silent so often.

Rock, I assume you're staying on Vax since they're part of your hero read. How does GIF's town read affect this?

Vax, did you give up?

Johnny, are you even playing?
I think he is scum. There are 2 days left before the deadline which is more than enough time for a wagon to materialize.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:30 am

Post by Rockhopper »

In post 369, Roden wrote: You keep going back to my reasons and persistence, but continue to ignore the fact four other people are doing the exact same thing that I'm doing. Why are you only focused on me but continue to ignore everyone else even when they continue to shade you? T3 just voted for you and you didn't even react. Sang and Jumble still scum read you and you couldn't seem to care less. You're only just now voting for Clasko after ignoring all game, and it looks like you're only doing it because I don't want to vote for him.
T3 and Jumble I townread and think their suspicions are genuine.
Also forgot about T3's votes.
@T3:
why GIF when you thought he was town in ?

You seem more likely to flip red compared to sang.
Because apart from his initial sr on me, his reads feel logical and towny.

Voting Clasko rn cus I realized that Vax's play has a lot more reason to come from town than scuum.
In post 365, Rockhopper wrote:
So you're scum reading four people but not voting for any of them? Or even trying to get a push going on them?

And you're wondering why I think you're scummy??
I scumread Clasko, Vax and you.
Vax to a lesser extent now tho.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:33 am

Post by Rockhopper »

In post 371, T3 wrote: I think he is scum.
Why?
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:54 am

Post by Rockhopper »

v

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”