Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:50 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 523, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 477, cyrus62 wrote:Hey save the Dragons
Why were you so upset with the way strange was being questioned so hard o page 3
Do you always defend newbie this way.
wasn't upset, i just thought haschel might give the newbie more of a chance to get acclimated
you realize you derailed a push . i have never had any one here hold my hand during a game . and to do so on page 3 .
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:52 am

Post by cyrus62 »

std you are still a townread for me but . now i feel the need to see how you have really helped town find scum.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

maybe i'm just a nice guy
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:54 am

i thought it was weird that haschel was voting a newbie for not responding because a newbie might not know that they generally need to respond to everything
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 522, cyrus62 wrote:this makes since and thats the way i feel. but lukewarm was so sure of his town read on hockey he started pushing people on that wagon.
This is simply not true...

My scum reads have nothing to do with who was on Hockey's wagon. I am pretty sure I voted for Strange when all they had was a rvs vote on Hockey. And then I saw leaning scum on Azeru, who never voted for Hockey from what I can see. You are literally making this up
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:57 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 528, Save The Dragons wrote:i thought it was weird that haschel was voting a newbie for not responding because a newbie might not know that they generally need to respond to everything
you havent done hardly anything tthis game . i gave you alot of points for reading the code 1st but then you droped off. i will have to mark you as null now for the time be.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:58 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I am just wondering, what would we get, from voting me right now?

Also, I already knew that I had to respond to everything, but sometimes I don’t answer because I end up focusing on the conversation.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 526, cyrus62 wrote:std you are still a townread for me but . now i feel the need to see how you have really helped town find scum.
What???

You just quoted like 20 posts build up to "see, STD stepped in to save Strange for no reason" and they are a fucking town read of yours?

What the fuck?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:58 am

i think haschel is a good vote, which is why i kept it well past rvs
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:59 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Funny thing is I sometimes wait for the conversation to continue, only to realize later it’s already on another page.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:00 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 531, StrangeMatter wrote:I am just wondering, what would we get, from voting me right now?

Also, I already knew that I had to respond to everything, but sometimes I don’t answer because I end up focusing on the conversation.
do you always just sit on the side line and wait to jump in this is why your a nul to me.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:02 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 532, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 526, cyrus62 wrote:std you are still a townread for me but . now i feel the need to see how you have really helped town find scum.
What???

You just quoted like 20 posts build up to "see, STD stepped in to save Strange for no reason" and they are a fucking town read of yours?

What the fuck?
oh so you are paying attention . i said null after that . i think this comes from town so i will see where luke gos d2 . for now my votes off them.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:04 am

Post by cyrus62 »

hockey how sure are you about your vote on std? i may i have to join you there.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:06 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 519, Pavowski wrote:
In post 513, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 498, Zyla wrote:
In post 490, HockeyFan wrote:
Zyla wrote:
In post 484, HockeyFan wrote:Actually looking back, there hasn't seemed to be much interactions between Pav and Azeru other than 1 read from Pav awkwardly null reading them?
I'm curious, what reads awkward about that read to you?
Its defintly not conclusive but in , he goes from Tring back to giving reasons why they're scum just a few words later which is ??? His scum read didnt even have any reasoning on why hes scum fwiw so I have 0 clue why based on that, Pav decides to read Az as neutral but could be just me?
To me that seems fairly normal, he's got some town vibes, but also some scummy vibes, and they cancel out
Eh fair enough, but the progression of the TR -> SR is a bit weird
Just to provide some perspective, my reads are as shallow as they come right now and are likely to stay that way until there's some hard evidence (a NK, a claim that can be reasonably assessed, etc). To quantify them in an arbitrary way, I'd say my reads at the moment are plus or minus a point or two on, say, a hundred-point scale.

In other words, (and I would think this would go without saying, but let's just be clear), an early towny read from last Thursday in no way precludes a scummy read on Sunday, or vice versa. I'll say that for myself, but I'll also say I assume it to be true for most players. You *should* be changing your mind at this point. You *should* be uncertain in your reads. If you think there's a contradiction there -- in light of, again, absolutely no hard evidence at this point -- you're welcome to think it.
Probably should have worded this better. In post , you TR them in the first line but your final read is a null read on them? Your SR in that post was left blank(presumably because u
didnt
SR them)
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:06 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 537, cyrus62 wrote:hockey how sure are you about your vote on std? i may i have to join you there.
I think STD is quite scummy and he is my top scum but atm im trying to form more of a read on my null leaning scums
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:07 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 424, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: zyla for pushing me even though they knew i was pr.
What are you meaning by push here?
In post 426, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 425, Pavowski wrote:I see we're still on Cyrus's messiness for some reason. Folks, there are better things to focus your mental energies on. He wants the thread full of smoke for some reason, and whether you think he's town or think he's scum, you're letting him run the game by engaging with the smoke. I will again recommend that we move on for now.

I've been driving all day, but I'll dive into some more reads this evening now that I'm back at home. (And back on a computer I can actually post properly from.)

Also @Luke, the bit about Zyla being town this time after mafia in last game was a joke, of course. RNG can never be trusted, unless you're trusting it to be untrustworthy. I keep forgetting sarcasm has been outlawed in this game :)

ofc smoke makes the world more fun. btw we just have to find the two most likely scum . have the doc save me. well we track the other . if its a friendly im dead either way. but have the friendly message who they think is town. if they dont reveal it then we know they are scum. if its a jail keep and they lock up who they think is scum after we lynch the 1st . we still win . if we flip town by mistake since im the nk have them lock me up no death and we still have 8.
smoke doesn't do anything for town
or
make the game enjoyable, it just frustrates and confuses
In post 461, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 456, HockeyFan wrote:
Where is the me and cedricsson pair coming from? I've barely interacted with cedricsson
This could be a scum slip. So I'm noting it for later
What slip?
In post 530, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 528, Save The Dragons wrote:i thought it was weird that haschel was voting a newbie for not responding because a newbie might not know that they generally need to respond to everything
you havent done hardly anything tthis game . i gave you alot of points for reading the code 1st but then you droped off. i will have to mark you as null now for the time be.
How does reading an acrostic have to do with town?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:09 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 126, HockeyFan wrote:Yea thats fair enough, we might have different experiences on that topic. From my experience, most mafia like to align very subtly on d1 but that could be a different meta on this site. Sorry if the read came off as "You are mafia with Luke and nothing can change that"
trust your gut.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 538, HockeyFan wrote: Probably should have worded this better. In post , you TR them in the first line but your final read is a null read on them? Your SR in that post was left blank(presumably because u
didnt
SR them)
I think you are not parsing out his comments the same way I am
In post 268, Pavowski wrote:Azeru - in 135 points out, rightly, that we somehow managed to get Hockey to e-1, and calls for us to chill the hell out. Read: town. But also establishes as somebody watching and tracking the game very closely. Read:scum. End result, I dunno. Neutral I guess.
I read that as

"Azeru - in 135 points out, rightly, that we somehow managed to get Hockey to e-1, and calls for us to chill the hell out. Read: town" Pav is giving Azeru townie points for 135

"But also establishes as somebody watching and tracking the game very closely. Read:scum" Pav is giving Azeru scummy points for this

"End result, I dunno. Neutral I guess" Since Pav has things that ping Azeru as scum and things that ping Azeru as town, they ended on neutral
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:15 am

Post by cyrus62 »

VOTE: std yep i will see where this leads
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:16 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 542, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 538, HockeyFan wrote: Probably should have worded this better. In post , you TR them in the first line but your final read is a null read on them? Your SR in that post was left blank(presumably because u
didnt
SR them)
I think you are not parsing out his comments the same way I am
In post 268, Pavowski wrote:Azeru - in 135 points out, rightly, that we somehow managed to get Hockey to e-1, and calls for us to chill the hell out. Read: town. But also establishes as somebody watching and tracking the game very closely. Read:scum. End result, I dunno. Neutral I guess.
I read that as

"Azeru - in 135 points out, rightly, that we somehow managed to get Hockey to e-1, and calls for us to chill the hell out. Read: town" Pav is giving Azeru townie points for 135

"But also establishes as somebody watching and tracking the game very closely. Read:scum" Pav is giving Azeru scummy points for this

"End result, I dunno. Neutral I guess" Since Pav has things that ping Azeru as scum and things that ping Azeru as town, they ended on neutral

Oh ok Yea I see now, I thought he formatted his comments like I tr Azeru <reasons> SR azeru : <nothing>. and at the very end, he Null read them. Okay well if thats the case azeru/pav probs arent partners but one of them is the 2nd scum
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:16 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Azeru
- you might miss it because of *vaguely gestures to the last 5 pages* But I responded to your question before.

Any follow up there?
In post 377, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 371, Azeru wrote:
In post 356, Lukewarm wrote:Final 3 for completeness

Azeru
lean scum

Their iso feels very empty. Not just post count, but even in the posts they have, it is mostly just asking questions without putting any of their own reads/takes out there. Like they feel like they are being overly careful putting their own opinions into the thread (like every post before 237 has none of their own opinions)

Then 237, is their fist vote/push, and it is on Cyrus, which is a very non-controversial take.

333 and 351 are their first posts that feel like they are putting anything of their own out there... and not a fan of those either. Their apparent strongest town read is the person with the least posts in the thread, and even requires them to dismiss the things they don't like from the iso. Then there is shade on me and my strongest TR
You have every right to dismiss this statement as I have no proof to back it up really, but I'm generally a slow player that ramps up over the game. Early on I try to ask questions and gauge general feelings on people, but I don't like sharing my reads until I feel like they're solid enough to share. I don't like making insubstantial posts if I can help it.

That said, I can understand being put off by my vote on Cyrus. You said it was a non-controversial take at the time which I will agree with. But then you're also faulting me for my takes that you do seem to think are more controversial. Do you take issue with my reasoning or is it just that you don't agree with the reads?
Overall, I am getting the feeling that you are being overly cautious. Even with the takes you have had recently. Haschel is my town read, but there were these things that pinged me. Here is some shade for Luke, but I am not calling him scum, he is still null. Here is some shade for Zyla, but not calling her scum either, instead I'm gonna say I don't have a great read on her yet.

The only thing I have seen you put out there without some kind of qualifier, seems to be the cyrus push
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:18 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 540, Zyla wrote:
In post 424, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: zyla for pushing me even though they knew i was pr.
What are you meaning by push here?
In post 426, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 425, Pavowski wrote:I see we're still on Cyrus's messiness for some reason. Folks, there are better things to focus your mental energies on. He wants the thread full of smoke for some reason, and whether you think he's town or think he's scum, you're letting him run the game by engaging with the smoke. I will again recommend that we move on for now.

I've been driving all day, but I'll dive into some more reads this evening now that I'm back at home. (And back on a computer I can actually post properly from.)

Also @Luke, the bit about Zyla being town this time after mafia in last game was a joke, of course. RNG can never be trusted, unless you're trusting it to be untrustworthy. I keep forgetting sarcasm has been outlawed in this game :)

ofc smoke makes the world more fun. btw we just have to find the two most likely scum . have the doc save me. well we track the other . if its a friendly im dead either way. but have the friendly message who they think is town. if they dont reveal it then we know they are scum. if its a jail keep and they lock up who they think is scum after we lynch the 1st . we still win . if we flip town by mistake since im the nk have them lock me up no death and we still have 8.
smoke doesn't do anything for town
or
make the game enjoyable, it just frustrates and confuses
In post 461, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 456, HockeyFan wrote:
Where is the me and cedricsson pair coming from? I've barely interacted with cedricsson
This could be a scum slip. So I'm noting it for later
What slip?
In post 530, cyrus62 wrote:
How does reading an acrostic have to do with town?
for the slip on page 3 they were going back and fouth with std and strange and then latter stated they didnt interact . that felt like a slip. he town read him but didnt interact?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 544, HockeyFan wrote:Okay well if thats the case azeru/pav probs arent partners but one of them is the 2nd scum
Of the two of them, I am more suspicious of Azeru

VOTE: Azeru
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:20 am

Post by cyrus62 »

@ zyla . std was the 1st to try to get everyone off my back . but that could have been a pocket attempt
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:21 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 547, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 544, HockeyFan wrote:Okay well if thats the case azeru/pav probs arent partners but one of them is the 2nd scum
Of the two of them, I am more suspicious of Azeru

VOTE: Azeru
so you dont find std scum like?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”