Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.01

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-07-01 21:45:00).

elimination
StrangeMatter [2]:
Illwei, Roden
The Bulge [1]:
Noraa
Illwei [1]:
StrangeMatter
Bakslash [1]:
Bimblesticks
Roden [1]:
ItalianoVD

not voting [3]:
gray, Bakslash, The Bulge

mod notes~ gray has (expired on 2021-06-23 17:45:00) to confirm their role pm before i start looking for a replacement
~ please note: i got my second vaccine shot yesterday. while i will definitely still be around, it's possible i will be around slightly less than usual for the next day or two.

flavourImage
Last edited by Datisi on Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Noraa »

I also have concerns with a couple other people tho those are much more paranoia based than straight up scum leans at this point so I'll shelve them for later.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:20 pm

Post by Noraa »

Actually I wanna drop them in thread before I sleep so ik where I ended the day today.
I have concerns on Italiano and bulge which worries me bc they are both SEs which makes me think im just paranoiaing myself for no good reason.

I have issues with Italiano the most and that worries me A LOT bc I almost always TR him...
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 72, Noraa wrote:
In post 43, Roden wrote:Not sure what to think of Bakslash avoiding participating in RVS.
I think scum would want to blend in and throw a random vote out though
This was the first post that I had an issue with. It looks pretty simple upon first seeing it but I keep getting ominous feelings from it. I worry because it feels like it has ulterior motives to it. Calling out Bakslash is so random and specific given at this point in time there were multiple players who hadn't even posted. What makes you think bakslash is specifically avoiding? The part that worries me the most is the bolded part. I keep getting ominous feelings because it feels very .... idk tricky and slippery. Like I feel like its very simple and straightforward but it's also kind of saying "look I didn't just throw a random vote out to blend in. I must be town" and that level of the simplest manipulation really just makes me think noob scum.
I'm biased because noob scum me was 100% like that but I understand not all newbies are like me. But I just keep getting ominous feelings about this post. Idk this is one of my biggest issues with you atm. Lets talk this out please.
I think there's just a misunderstanding here. For one, I did vote randomly. The Bulge isn't my actual hero solve lol. And second, I commented on Bakslash because he only made one post then dipped without voting. It made him stick out for me, and it clearly was the same for Bulge since he also brought that post up.

Also, you're not the first person to try to make a case against me by saying "well that's what I would do", but every time someone's tried that we've always both been town.
The progression from shock that I had three scum reads to being like "I figured I was one of them" read kind of self conscious and fake.
I'm more worried about the fake part since i guess I could see town thinking I was talking about them and brushing it off to not seem self conscious. I totally see that since I do that occasionally and subconsciously a lot of the time also.

To clarify, the fake part is kinda like the asking what my metric was which is not something I typically would expect town to ask there because idk it feels like covering up fakeness(the shock). I might be reading too much into this tbh.
I mean, I figured I kinda had to be one of them if only five people were talking and you town read one of them. It's just process of elimination at that point since I doubt you'd be scum reading Bakslash or anyone who hadn't even posted yet.

Also wasn't really shock on my part but rather skepticism. Some body claiming to have three scum reads by post 44 and during RVS is either trying too hard to look town or they're seeing things that aren't there. At least IMO.

I asked for your metric for scum hunting because, again, three scum reads this early into the game doesn't sound like it can be based much of anything substantial.
This was all SOOOO defensive. I'm not a fan but I don't feel as strongly about this post since I've seen defensive townies that will discredit as a way to defend themselves.
That's not defensive, that's dismissive. Do you really think me answering a trivia question is worth actual town points?
Noraa wrote:
In post 69, Roden wrote:
In post 67, Noraa wrote:Rather than constantly discrediting me, I'd appreciate if you just answered my questions. Because if you are town here, you are making me SR you far more than you would if you just answered questions instead of being super defensive. I haven't even told you why I SR you. Relax and answer my questions. I have yet to give a solid read. Currently I only have suspicions but they mean nothing if I end up thinking you are town. If you are town, you have nothing to worry about.
Your attempts at intimidating me aren't gonna work, sorry. Your question has zero calories and adds nothing to the game. Telling me to relax when you're the one getting riled up is some interesting projection though.
Man are you defensive. Oh well I'll still try to work with you if I believe you are town. We'll see :)
Again, dismissive, not defensive. I'm an aggressive player and don't mind it from other players, but you're being aggressive just for the sake of it. Like getting riled up over a question but then talking down to me and generally being condescending because I didn't do what you wanted. I don't think it's unfair for me to not respond positively to that.

Not saying you have to play nice, but if you go into attack mode over RVS then I can only offer back what you're giving me.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 77, Noraa wrote:Actually I wanna drop them in thread before I sleep so ik where I ended the day today.
I have concerns on Italiano and bulge which worries me bc they are both SEs which makes me think im just paranoiaing myself for no good reason.

I have issues with Italiano the most and that worries me A LOT bc I almost always TR him...
Idk about Bulge but Italiano is giving me weird vibes too. Every single post just has questions that probably have predictable and boring answers. Like he's trying to look busy without really doing much.
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 22, Roden wrote:How did that happen? Lol
In post 53, Roden wrote:I think you're reading too much into RVS.

VOTE: StrangeMatter
In post 52, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 50, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 35, StrangeMatter wrote:However, #25 and #26 are reasonable concerns. But I won't rule out the possibility that scum could've jumped on it to look town either.
You think both scum would jump on the same thing at the same time?
I meant that it is a completely possible, and while not likely, should not be ignored. Leaving out part of someone's thoughts without a good reason, to me often just comes off as if they're hiding something, or could be actively trying to deceive others.
I was planning to chill in thread for a bit because we have days, and I'm not used to that but
I come back to full on cases and wallposts lol exciting.
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:18 pm

Post by Illwei »

Okay I quoted some posts and they all posted there I'm thriving
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:20 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 22, Roden wrote:How did that happen? Lol
I think I highlighted something
In post 53, Roden wrote:I think you're reading too much into RVS.

VOTE: StrangeMatter
but like, RVS is there for us to read into, no?
In post 35, StrangeMatter wrote:However, #25 and #26 are reasonable concerns. But I won't rule out the possibility that scum could've jumped on it to look town either.
I meant that it is a completely possible, and while not likely, should not be ignored. Leaving out part of someone's thoughts without a good reason, to me often just comes off as if they're hiding something, or could be actively trying to deceive others.
I think I quoted this because I have no idea what it means tbh
leaving out a part of your thoughts?
Bimblesticks
Bimblesticks
Townie
Bimblesticks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:56 pm

Post by Bimblesticks »

In post 26, Noraa wrote:
In post 19, StrangeMatter wrote:I am wondering how Illwei didn’t seem to know what a scum day is.
But that doesn't say anything about alignment unless you think that not knowing that is AI in some way??
I think you're looking into this too much, Strange. I mean it took me a second to figure out what a scumday is, and it was
my
scumday. This is a Newbie game after all, so the way you read it is a bit odd, especially considering you walked it back by saying it wasn't a serious post? What does that mean? Either way, I don't think not knowing what a scumday is is a staple of scum lol.
In post 46, ItalianoVD wrote:VOTE: Bimblesticks
Don’t want him feeling left out. Whaddup again Noraa?
Awww thanks <3
In post 78, Roden wrote:
In post 72, Noraa wrote:
In post 43, Roden wrote:Not sure what to think of Bakslash avoiding participating in RVS.
I think scum would want to blend in and throw a random vote out though
This was the first post that I had an issue with. It looks pretty simple upon first seeing it but I keep getting ominous feelings from it. I worry because it feels like it has ulterior motives to it. Calling out Bakslash is so random and specific given at this point in time there were multiple players who hadn't even posted. What makes you think bakslash is specifically avoiding? The part that worries me the most is the bolded part. I keep getting ominous feelings because it feels very .... idk tricky and slippery. Like I feel like its very simple and straightforward but it's also kind of saying "look I didn't just throw a random vote out to blend in. I must be town" and that level of the simplest manipulation really just makes me think noob scum.
I'm biased because noob scum me was 100% like that but I understand not all newbies are like me. But I just keep getting ominous feelings about this post. Idk this is one of my biggest issues with you atm. Lets talk this out please.
I think there's just a misunderstanding here. For one, I did vote randomly. The Bulge isn't my actual hero solve lol. And second, I commented on Bakslash because he only made one post then dipped without voting. It made him stick out for me, and it clearly was the same for Bulge since he also brought that post up.
Also, you're not the first person to try to make a case against me by saying "well that's what I would do", but every time someone's tried that we've always both been town.
Noraa, I feel like that scumread on Roden's post about Bakslash is a real stretch. Like I think wondering why somebody chose not to participate in RVs is a valid concern. The bold part just struck me as a common sense thing, like yeah I don't think scum would want to avoid RVs, as it would put a spotlight on them. I don't see anything tricky or slippery about it.
In post 79, Roden wrote:
In post 77, Noraa wrote:Actually I wanna drop them in thread before I sleep so ik where I ended the day today.
Idk about Bulge but Italiano is giving me weird vibes too. Every single post just has questions that probably have predictable and boring answers. Like he's trying to look busy without really doing much.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. A bunch of questions but no explanation of his conclusions. Questions are useful for getting more evidence, I'll give him that, but I feel like it would make more sense if he also explained his suspicions while asking them.
In post 74, Noraa wrote:
In post 69, Roden wrote:
In post 67, Noraa wrote:Rather than constantly discrediting me, I'd appreciate if you just answered my questions. Because if you are town here, you are making me SR you far more than you would if you just answered questions instead of being super defensive. I haven't even told you why I SR you. Relax and answer my questions. I have yet to give a solid read. Currently I only have suspicions but they mean nothing if I end up thinking you are town. If you are town, you have nothing to worry about.
Your attempts at intimidating me aren't gonna work, sorry. Your question has zero calories and adds nothing to the game. Telling me to relax when you're the one getting riled up is some interesting projection though.
Man are you defensive. Oh well I'll still try to work with you if I believe you are town. We'll see :)
I think this is a two-way street, from Roden's perspective you were being pretty aggressive with not a lot of evidence, and aggression isn't condusive to actually getting somebody to explain themselves. However, I agree Roden was being a bit too defensive here, like the idea this was intimidation is a bit of a stretch, and your questions don't "add nothing to the game".
"That's how mafia works"
- Abraham Lincoln
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:43 am

Post by Noraa »

I'm not trying to be aggressive. I just wanted to figure out if you were town. I was mostly just trying out Cabd's way of playing which can get a little condescending I'll admit. He does this thing where he picks up on who scum are really fast and then just hones in on them. I'm not to that level yet(I typically am unable to find scum that fast) but I'm trying to put a little bit of pressure on my biggest scum read who happens to be Roden. I didn't think I was overly aggressive because everything I mentioned was a legitimate concern. I was just asking questions. If I offended you in any way, I'm sorry that was not the intention.

My belief is that you can tell who scum are pretty early in the game. While RVS has typically been something that is hard to read, I've actually caught multiple scum in RVS. I'm expecting that I'll be able to catch at least one scum in RVS and the other later on but I don't think you can consider it "little evidence" when it is the small things that give scum away in the first place! I also don't come to reads very easily because I need people to agree with me to make sure I'm not just being dumb which happens pretty often.

I still think roden is being really defensive which is setting off alarm bells but I get that I might seem a bit aggressive. I'll lay off for now and just see what happens I guess.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:49 am

Post by Noraa »

I'm not 100% sure if one of my abilities works on newbie games but I'll put it here for people to discuss if they want to.
Typically, I am able to narrow down scum pools and say with 100% confidence that there is scum in [X,Y]
I am not sure entirely how this works but I've done it a decent amount of times and it is right 1/5 times.
My best way of explaining it is when I feel like someone's interactions with someone else feel unnatural. That typically is an indication of SvT.
Here I think the is scum in {strangmatter, Roden}
the issue is that im not 100% certain and its a newbie game. It doesn't bother me that it's RVS as much as it bothers others but yeah. This is probably more directed at bulge and Italiano who have played with me before and seen this happen before too I think.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:50 am

Post by Noraa »

*4/5
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:08 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 59, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 52, StrangeMatter wrote:I meant that it is a completely possible, and while not likely, should not be ignored. Leaving out part of someone's thoughts without a good reason, to me often just comes off as if they're hiding something, or could be actively trying to deceive others.
I get that but sometimes you do have to just be logical. It’s not about ignoring it’s just logic. Do you think they are both scum? Just one? Who?
Right now, it's more or less due to their interactions that I think that. But right now, I'm not really sure if either of them are scum right now. I will say that it would look bad if one of them flips red at some point.
I think I quoted this because I have no idea what it means tbh
leaving out a part of your thoughts?[/quote]

Leaving out your thoughts is kind of like pushing someone scummy, but not really explaining why they are pushing that person.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:28 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 77, Noraa wrote:I have issues with Italiano the most and that worries me A LOT bc I almost always TR him...
In post 79, Roden wrote:Idk about Bulge but Italiano is giving me weird vibes too. Every single post just has questions that probably have predictable and boring answers. Like he's trying to look busy without really doing much.
In post 83, Bimblesticks wrote:Yep, I was thinking the same thing. A bunch of questions but no explanation of his conclusions. Questions are useful for getting more evidence, I'll give him that, but I feel like it would make more sense if he also explained his suspicions while asking them.
I don’t give analysis when I ask questions, that’s why I ask questions. I also don’t assume things because it annoys me to no end when people do it to me so I ask questions so people can actually answer them.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:31 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 87, StrangeMatter wrote:Right now, it's more or less due to their interactions that I think that. But right now, I'm not really sure if either of them are scum right now.
I will say that it would look bad if one of them flips red at some point.
Aight. And who would it look bad for? What do you think of Roden’s vote on you?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:39 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

For right now I’m okay with Noraa’s paranoia because I think that’s within her town range. I admit I don’t know scum!Norraa’s intricacies but I feel I know enough of her town ones that I feel okay for now with her. Her paranoia and suspicion of me especially after last game is understandable. I know you aren’t gonna take my word for it so I just gotta prove that I’m town. With that said I’m not at all liking the other two Roden and Bimblesticks and how they jumped on that paranoia. I’ve already responded to your suspicions and I’m curious what your comments will be.

Also although this is a newbie game I don’t treat it like you guys are newbies. Most players aren’t and so I just surmise that everyone knows what they’re doing.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:55 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 89, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 87, StrangeMatter wrote:Right now, it's more or less due to their interactions that I think that. But right now, I'm not really sure if either of them are scum right now.
I will say that it would look bad if one of them flips red at some point.
Aight. And who would it look bad for? What do you think of Roden’s vote on you?
This question is a bit weird. It would look bad for the person who did not get voted. I don't see why you would ask this question if you can figure out the answer without me needing to say it. As for what I think of Roden's vote on me, it's pressure, so its nothing new there. I'm not too sure what they mean by defensive in that post though, which I do find a little weird.
Bakslash
Bakslash
Townie
Bakslash
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Bakslash »

In post 48, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 18, Bakslash wrote:Hello hello everyone. I would like to say GLHF!
No response to your vote?
How am I supposed to respond to a random vote? :?
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Illwei »

In post 87, StrangeMatter wrote:Leaving out your thoughts is kind of like pushing someone scummy, but not really explaining why they are pushing that person.
lmao that's all i do, nice to know
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Illwei »

In post 88, ItalianoVD wrote:I don’t give analysis when I ask questions, that’s why I ask questions. I also don’t assume things because it annoys me to no end when people do it to me so I ask questions so people can actually answer them.
Can you define "assuming things" because I feel like at least a whole big part of mafia is based on assuming things, even if the assumptions are more of educated guesses?
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Illwei »

In post 94, Illwei wrote:
In post 88, ItalianoVD wrote:I don’t give analysis when I ask questions, that’s why I ask questions. I also don’t assume things because it annoys me to no end when people do it to me so I ask questions so people can actually answer them.
Can you define "assuming things" because I feel like at least a whole big part of mafia is based on assuming things, even if the assumptions are more of educated guesses?
Even in the scenario of assuming how someone would play (individually or generally) as either alignment
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:06 am

Post by Illwei »

Also Bakslash not responding to the vote on him is completely NAI right now
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:08 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 96, Illwei wrote:Also Bakslash not responding to the vote on him is completely NAI right now
Quick question, I've heard the term NAI, but I'm not exactly sure about what it means.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:09 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Double post, but can you explain what it means?
Bakslash
Bakslash
Townie
Bakslash
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:12 am

Post by Bakslash »

In post 97, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 96, Illwei wrote:Also Bakslash not responding to the vote on him is completely NAI right now
Quick question, I've heard the term NAI, but I'm not exactly sure about what it means.
Non Alignment Indicative

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”