Newbie 2066: Gelato 2 -- End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:48 am

Post by T3 »

doubt.jpg
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:50 am

Post by T3 »

We played the Tic tac toe open and ydras game.
I think you also replaced into a scum slot in murdercats game but you were only around for a few hours before dying.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:52 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Summer Meet
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:16 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

You seem rather confident T3 is scum, like on a level where you would be really familiar with their scum game.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:21 am

I'm familiar with his town game, which makes me notice the strong mood difference he has in this game.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:26 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Busy today rl so I won’t really be on until tonight
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:27 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I really didn’t want to bother with outside games to read ppl but if the meta is that damning I guess I’ll need to give them a read soon.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Umlaut »

Here's every wagon of at least 3 votes from Day 1. (I'm coloring myself green because I'm town, if you don't like it make your own list.)
I'd like to focus on Roden and Rockhopper (now HEM) here, because at least one of them appears in every single wagon and I would be very surprised if they are both town.

Roden's votes
  • Clasko:
    RVS, not really possible to interpret.
  • Rockhopper:
    Roden put this wagon at L-1 in . Based on that and previous posts this was primarily for the sake of "advancing the game" and not for any strong scumread on Rock. See in particular , , for Roden's conflicted read on that slot. Only after this point did Roden start asserting a significant scumread there (see , saying this as he unvotes him!) which as far as I can see he has stuck to ever since.
  • Vaxkiller:
    Roden put this wagon at L-3 in seemingly based on GIF's case directly above. (GIF himself was not actually even voting Vax at this time; the only one voting him was Rockhopper.) Vax had been in his nullreads as of , and seemed to still be at worst null as of given Roden's tone toward him; put Vax at "I could vote if I see a strong enough case" and I guess GIF's case was strong enough for him. After the vote, suggested he lacked confidence Vax was scum but wanted to keep his vote there for pressure; this pressure never really materialized since Vax was afk the whole time he was at L-1. Roden never did move his vote from Vax right up until he hammered Johnny.
  • JohnnyFarrar:
    Hammered in , about an hour after giving intent, which was about 20 minutes after L-1) Not much to say about the wagon itself, it was unfortunate but understandable. Even with time running out, the hammer seems premature to me (there was over a day left on the clock by my count) and it's striking that Roden was so quick to join his top scumread in voting Johnny out.
Rockhopper's votes
  • Clasko:
    Voted in as his first post of the game. RVS, like Roden's vote, though as an L-2 this vote might admit
    some
    interpretation. Rockhopper did give a "reason" (OMGUS) but he didn't really stick to the vote once the game got moving so I would guess this was just wagoning for its own sake as a game-starting device.
  • sang froid:
    Second vote onto the wagon, in . Taking SF's joke PR claim as "PR bait" is not an interpretation I would ever have of that post, but it's not unthinkable and it's a decent reason for a not-entirely-random vote.
  • Vaxkiller:
    Started the wagon, with ; motivation pretty transparently being "sang wagon isn't happening so let's try something else." This is not the best look considering Rock himself was under pressure at this time and it can be interpreted as flailing for a counterwagon, but note Rock never really pushes
    that
    hard to get that counterwagon going so it's hard to really see that as his strategy. Rock stays here until moving to Clasko in after having it pointed out Clasko is supposed to be his top scumread according to his read list in
  • JohnnyFarrar:
    voted in without justification given but it was pretty clear from context that this was just going along with the growing consensus that Johnny had to be dealt with one way or another.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Umlaut »

After putting together the above, my reads on Roden and Rockhopper have just about reversed from where they were shortly after replace-in. Rockhopper has some surface-level scummy moments D1, but they don't fit any sort of agenda and can easily just be town faux pas. Roden jumped on
every one of these
which is exactly what I expect scum looking for a justifiable scumread to do, and he has held onto that justifiable scumread ever since while in practice voting with whatever wagon was convenient. Rockhopper was also on those wagons but his vote on Vaxkiller can hardly be called
convenient
and his vote on Johnny is much more consonant with the gamestate and his own stated positions than Roden's is.

VOTE: Roden

This is likely scum. (But if not, HEM is.)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Roden »

Yeah my vote on Johnny wasn't good. I wanted either Rock or Vax out, but we'd run so low on time and in general we were all feeling pressured to just send a wagon at that point. All the momentum had evaporated from my scum reads' wagons and it didn't look like I was going to be able to convince anyone to go back. But there was also just a frustration with Johnny at that point, and I don't think anyone could have ever expected that a PR would VLA and prod dodge all game. Especially since he had to know by the end that we were all suspecting him.

If you think there's like a scum between me and Rock/HEM, I'm 100% down to just vote him at this point. I've been pushing the slot for awhile but GIF really doesn't seem to think either of us are scum. Both me and Rock/HEM both suspect Vax as well, so that also contributed to it, since in my case I'm just confident there's a scum between Rock/HEM and Vax.
Umlaut wrote:After putting together the above, my reads on Roden and Rockhopper have just about reversed from where they were shortly after replace-in. Rockhopper has some surface-level scummy moments D1, but they don't fit any sort of agenda and can easily just be town faux pas. Roden jumped on
every one of these
which is exactly what I expect scum looking for a justifiable scumread to do, and he has held onto that justifiable scumread ever since while in practice voting with whatever wagon was convenient. Rockhopper was also on those wagons but his vote on Vaxkiller can hardly be called
convenient
and his vote on Johnny is much more consonant with the gamestate and his own stated positions than Roden's is.

VOTE: Roden

This is likely scum. (But if not, HEM is.)
Just want to point out that I didn't just jump on wagons. I feel like you're leaving out context because any wagon I did vote on, I pushed for people scum reading them to actually explain the read. Rock meanwhile jumped from vote to vote, to wagon to wagon, to hero solve to hero solve, and often gave very little justification each time. That was the main reason I honed in on the slot, it looked clear to me that he was just doing whatever he could to survive instead of actually attempting to scum hunt.

Again, I keep pushing for my scum reads, but the momentum just isn't there. Too much focus has been on Vax and Clasko/VFP. However, I haven't just been sheeping GIF since I have stuck to my guns and continued town read Clasko/VFP (though a little less confidently on VFP admittedly). If I really was as opportunistic as you're claiming, I would've just pushed GIF's scum reads at this point since he's clearly more influential than me.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Roden »

In post 470, Roden wrote:I can't promise zero hesitation, but I'll feel a lot better about it. If Rock flips red I think it looks bad for you GIF, but I have a feeling Rock's partner in this case could be T3. I mentioned it earlier that someone may have made a meta tell, and I believe that was when T3 put a pointless vote on Rock at the end Day 1. It looks looked like distancing tbh, and his push on Rock now could potentially be a bus for town cred.

However, if Rock flips green then I feel a lot more confident locking you and T3 as town. And since we're both town reading Jumble's slot, that really would just leave your reads as PoE.

VOTE: Rockhopper
After seeing HEM's recent posts, I think I was on point with this. His push on T3 looks like a desperate bus attempt for town cred after getting backed into a corner.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:27 am

So then just vote T3 with me if you agree with me
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:31 am

What's your case on T3, Roden? I searched your ISO for "T3" and I haven't found any besides thinking he's scum because he's my partner.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Roden »

In post 611, humaneatingmonkey wrote:So then just vote T3 with me if you agree with me
Because voting T3 over you makes no sense when I'm confident there's one scum between you and Vax. A T3 flip that turns green doesn't clear you, doesn't address Umlaut's reads, and does nothing to prove or disprove GIF's locked reads. A T3 flip that turns red just implicates you at this point, which does nothing for anyone's reads since you're already a common factor in many scum pools.

This is just a weird request in general anyway since the only scum read your slot shared with me is Vax, and that was to clear your name. It makes zero sense to wagon people associated with you instead of just voting you, or really anyone getting heavily scum read. If you're town, why would we vote anyone who would be scum by association with you?
humaneatingmonkey wrote:What's your case on T3, Roden? I searched your ISO for "T3" and I haven't found any besides thinking he's scum because he's my partner.
You clearly didn't read my ISO then. I stated Day 1 that I was looking for his meta tells, and the pointless vote on your slot at the end of Day 1 pinged me.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:00 am

...why will you vote people based on other people's reads? you said so yourself that T3 pings you.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Roden »

In post 614, humaneatingmonkey wrote:...why will you vote people based on other people's reads? you said so yourself that T3 pings you.
???

How is this even a question? A major point of this game is trying to figure out who's reads are genuine, who's are fabricated, and who's actually on point. Discerning which is which for each player can and will win games. Unless I claim to hero solve or have 100% accurate proof that I know who the scum are, I can't be certain that I'm actually right. If someone builds a case that I feel is stronger than my own
and
is someone that I feel confident reading as town, then yes of course I will vote with them. For instance, there was absolutely no point in continuing to push your slot Day 1 when not only did GIF make a compelling case against his scum reads, the majority of the other players also believed the same. If I'm just stubborn and lock my vote in no matter what, that's 100% anti-town in my eyes.

Furthermore, why do you keep talking around the point that T3 pings me by
association
with you? It wasn't an individually scummy thing that he did, but an associatively scummy tell. But if I'm wrong on about you, then that tell means nothing.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Roden »

Also, it's just good in general to try to give everyone as much information as possible. I don't think flipping T3 offers as much info as a flip from Vax, you, or even myself.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:32 am

In post 609, Roden wrote:'m just confident there's a scum between Rock/HEM and Vax.
Can you explain this to me?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 617, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 609, Roden wrote:'m just confident there's a scum between Rock/HEM and Vax.
Can you explain this to me?
This is a bit of a mixture between scum reading both of you, Rock's reaction to me agreeing to vote Vax when he hero solved me with Vax, and GIF's scum pool. I don't know if GIF is 100% correct in his scum reads since I do feel strongly on Clasko/VFP being town, but I do think he honed in on at least one scum. When Rock hero solved me and Vax, he quickly backed off when I gave my rebuttal on his scum read towards me but agreed with him that Vax was likely scum. FMPOV, it made me think that if Rock was scum, he wouldn't pair me with his partner, and that if he knows Vax is actually town then it doesn't leave him with any more defenses other than that he thinks I'm scum. When I later stated that I thought there had to be one scum between Rock and Vax, he damn near flipped his read on Vax entirely and instead hero solved me with T3. Which, interestingly enough, happened
after
T3 voted Rock at the end of Day 1. That's where my bus town cred theory comes from.

However, if your slot is town, then the simple explanation is that Rock just OMGUS voted and hero solved anyone who scum read him. Me agreeing to vote Vax might've spooked him into thinking I was either trying to bus my scum buddy, or perhaps make him think he got his hero solve partially wrong since he was so sure I had to be scum. If that's the case, if the Rock slot is actually town and I agree with GIF that Vax looks scummy, then that's the most likely player to flip red.

You're definitely playing differently than Rock did though, and you're much harder to get a read on. Your push on T3 does me think I was right to suspect your slot is paired with him, but you're also not really pushing me either. You also agreed earlier that Vax looked scummy too, which pulls me in the direction that your slot could actually be town.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:15 pm

what's a hero solve, roden?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 619, humaneatingmonkey wrote:what's a hero solve, roden?
Uh, it's when a player thinks they know who all the scum are, but I usually see it getting used jokingly. Rock seemed serious though. I'm surprised you don't know what that is seeing as you've been on this site longer than I've been.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:26 pm

In post 618, Roden wrote:When Rock hero solved me and Vax, he quickly backed off when I gave my rebuttal on his scum read towards me but agreed with him that Vax was likely scum. FMPOV, it made me think that if Rock was scum, he wouldn't pair me with his partner, and that if he knows Vax is actually town then it doesn't leave him with any more defenses other than that he thinks I'm scum.
Why wouldn't scum!Rock, in your POV, pair you with his scum partner?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:26 pm

In post 620, Roden wrote:I'm surprised you don't know what that is seeing as you've been on this site longer than I've been.
I have never heard that term ever before.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 621, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 618, Roden wrote:When Rock hero solved me and Vax, he quickly backed off when I gave my rebuttal on his scum read towards me but agreed with him that Vax was likely scum. FMPOV, it made me think that if Rock was scum, he wouldn't pair me with his partner, and that if he knows Vax is actually town then it doesn't leave him with any more defenses other than that he thinks I'm scum.
Why wouldn't scum!Rock, in your POV, pair you with his scum partner?
Because if the three of us have the most focus Day 1 and there's two scum between us, scum just loses. If we vote out Vax first and they flip red, Rock and I would still continue to pressure each other on Day 2. In this hypothetical scenario, if I actually get voted out then my last words will have been to vote Rock as everyone sees my slot turn green. I don't see how scum!Rock expects to live past Day 3 in this scenario where Vax is his scum buddy.
In post 622, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 620, Roden wrote:I'm surprised you don't know what that is seeing as you've been on this site longer than I've been.
I have never heard that term ever before.
Weird, I keep seeing that term get thrown around every game I'm in.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Roden »

Plus, as it turns out, we had a Tracker. I find it incredibly unlikely that two scum pair each other with the exact same townie when scum had to have known there was a chance for a Tracker to be in play.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”