Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Cabd »

With 14 players alive, it will takes 8 votes to select a master. Master selection phase will be allocated 7 days.

Saber (2): Caster, Beast
Assassin (1): Rider

(expired on 2021-07-04 22:00:49)

Page usage: 9/42
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

It's easy to mock this kind of play but caster's recent postings have only bolstered my townread of her slot (a read which was probably too hasty before). I don't agree with her conclusions.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

I agree that caster seems town. Don’t want them as master though.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 135, Servant Beast wrote:
In post 132, Servant Saber wrote:I'm going to head to bed and pray that what I fear will happen won't actually happen. Don't ask me as I don't want to manifest that energy into the universe.
:? I'm not going to get mod-killed (I hope) for asking why they started off with a catch phrase from a player that can't be in this game.
That's not what I am concerned with and I'd never hint at a modkill. That's against the rules.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 149, Servant Assassin wrote:I mostly dislike posts #85 and #100, the first being what the kids call LAMIST and the 2nd is simply that if you are town, you understand the pull that would draw one to wanting to become master. Even if me and Saber did not have strong mechanical reasons to want master, there is a pull that wants to get townread and make the most of your slot, and becoming master achieves that immediately. The "Why is that?" from Lancer basically should already be understood from a town perspective.
Can you quote these posts in the same post? I play on mobile so that's hard.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 154, Servant Berserker wrote:Someone central to prevent us going off on the wrong track via tunneling and the like.
That's my job and I can practically guarantee (unless blocked) that this won't happen as master.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 155, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I think the risk/reward is in our favor regardless and I wouldn't mind voting there because it sorts them early.
I can't go along with that as it neuters my role and we can sort him by his content, which there is a lack of.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 194, Servant Caster wrote:when you're scum, and you get accused of being scum, you can brush it off as a lucky guess or a reaction test without merit - you don't feel the pressure and you can just fire back a question etc.

when you're scum and you get accused of being scum with your scum-teammate, it puts more fear into you that the person accusing actually knows what they are doing and has a tendency to cause paralysis in reacting.

when you're town and you get accused of being scum with someone else, you tend to at least ask if the read is associative or specific on behavior.
I am not sure how much I buy this. Specifically the last line about how town would react - are people that worried about being in someone's scum reads, this early in the game, on a game day where are not even voting scum out anyways?

So - I just looked back at the earlier post, and realized that I was one of the people this was referring to lol

Personally, my reaction to being scum read on page two of the treads, was to think "well, there is plenty of time for them to change their mind" because --- it was page two of the first day, and we are not even voting scum -- AND I am not aiming to be elected today.

I had no reason to be worried about your scum read - It came so early, and I assumed your read on my would develop past your read on page two, before we were to the point where your read on me would ever matter - so I did not even comment on it
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 164, Servant Foreigner wrote:Scum in this situation can promise everything. Once they win elections they are tree stumped anyway, no risk of being killed for lieing. It shouldn't be used as indication.
I agree, which is why I don't claim anything that I can't back up or is extravagant. Second, I don't want to be a miselimination for overpromising and under delivering.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Servant Saber »

I like Foreigner as town.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 194, Servant Caster wrote:when you're scum, and you get accused of being scum, you can brush it off as a lucky guess or a reaction test without merit - you don't feel the pressure and you can just fire back a question etc.

when you're scum and you get accused of being scum with your scum-teammate, it puts more fear into you that the person accusing actually knows what they are doing and has a tendency to cause paralysis in reacting.

when you're town and you get accused of being scum with someone else, you tend to at least ask if the read is associative or specific on behavior.
I don't find this true at all. Responses depend on personality.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 197, Servant Berserker wrote:Foreigner, would you be interested in voting me to be master?
Why do you want to be master? I haven't seen it, and it would help me read you.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 202, Servant Berserker wrote:I agree that caster seems town. Don’t want them as master though.
I am uncertain on Caster and I disagree with their conclusions. Can you explain why they're town?
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:09 am

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 208, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 164, Servant Foreigner wrote:Scum in this situation can promise everything. Once they win elections they are tree stumped anyway, no risk of being killed for lieing. It shouldn't be used as indication.
I agree, which is why I don't claim anything that I can't back up or is extravagant. Second, I don't want to be a miselimination for overpromising and under delivering.
I started to soften on the idea of you being the choice, based on the caginess -- but this feels off to me again :/

It does not feel totally consistent.

For starters "I don't claim anything that I can't back up or is extravagant" - when you already claimed "My NP is one of the strongest in the game" in post

And also, the second half does not make sense to me "I don't want to be a miselimination for overpromising and under delivering." In what scenario is this actually a worry? If you "over promise, and under deliver" do you mean that you think we might miselim you AFTER we make you an IC - just because your power does not pay off the way you promise? Or are you saying that if you tell us how great you would be as an IC, then if we don't make you an IC, we would then kill you for not living up to the promise? - Because that also does not make a lot of sense.

Either way, this seems like a non-issue worry to have - so I find it hard to look at it as a genuine worry coming from you
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 149, Servant Assassin wrote:Giving this another once over, Lancer is pinging me for scum.

I mostly dislike posts #85 and #100, the first being what the kids call LAMIST and the 2nd is simply that if you are town, you understand the pull that would draw one to wanting to become master. Even if me and Saber did not have strong mechanical reasons to want master, there is a pull that wants to get townread and make the most of your slot, and becoming master achieves that immediately. The "Why is that?" from Lancer basically should already be understood from a town perspective.
Or maybe I’m not egotistical and don’t believe that I have to control the game in order for town to win? And can consider possibilities for other slots feeling the same way, so a player who says they have a “duty” to go for master either thinks very highly of themselves as a player or has reason to believe their mech will outweigh all other mech abilities.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Servant Saber »

@Archer, I acknowledge there are worlds where I don't get selected as master. I have to worry about what happens then. My NP is only one of the strongest if I get master early, most likely. It's not if I don't get it barring very bad circumstances already occuring.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

Even further than that, the word “duty” makes it sound like saber believes that town would be hurt by them not being selected as master, as opposed to a purely self-driven reason for wanting it. So there has to be something behind that thought process.

I kind of agree with archer’s 213 re: saber.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 214, Servant Lancer wrote:And can consider possibilities for other slots feeling the same way, so a player who says they have a “duty” to go for master either thinks very highly of themselves as a player or has reason to believe their mech will outweigh all other mech abilities.
Honestly, it's a bit of both. All abilities I'm not certain of but it rivals most abilities. I have already said too much about it though.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 216, Servant Lancer wrote:Even further than that, the word “duty” makes it sound like saber believes that town would be hurt by them not being selected as master, as opposed to a purely self-driven reason for wanting it. So there has to be something behind that thought process.

I kind of agree with archer’s 213 re: saber.
Correct. There is something behind that process. Namely my role is likely useless by the time my NP charges up and it's great for town if used correctly. I have the confidence to believe I can.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

Servant Archer wrote:
I started to soften on the idea of you being the choice, based on the caginess -- but this feels off to me again :/

For starters "I don't claim anything that I can't back up or is extravagant" - when you already claimed "My NP is one of the strongest in the game" in post

And also, the second half does not make sense to me "I don't want to be a miselimination for overpromising and under delivering." In what scenario is this actually a worry? If you "over promise, and under deliver" do you mean that you think we might miselim you AFTER we make you an IC - just because your power does not pay off the way you promise? Or are you saying that if you tell us how great you would be as an IC, then if we don't make you an IC, we would then kill you for not living up to the promise? - Because that also does not make a lot of sense.

Either way, this seems like a non-issue worry to have - so I find it hard to look at it as a genuine worry coming from you
This caginess take is then inconsistent in the same way...
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 81, Servant Berserker wrote:Did you read the flipped roles from the first game, caster?

Pedit-
I have agreed with most of Egos posting.
Berserker, were you going somewhere with this question?
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 219, Servant Foreigner wrote:
Servant Archer wrote:

This caginess take is then inconsistent in the same way...
There is a difference between "I am trying to avoid revealing what my NP does, in case I am not chosen" - which is the caginess that lead me to soften my opinion on Saber once Ego pointed it out in post --- and being worried about something that does not seem like an issue regardless of the outcome of today's vote.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

I would love lancer to have an ability: My master forces me to suicide but Cadb isn't that memey
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

plz god no
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:42 am

Post by Servant Rider »

We've already used almost 10 of our 42 pages for the day (although I'm pretty sure we're supposed to get 45). So I'd appreciate it if the hyper-spam posters would start condensing their posts so we don't run the risk of exhausting ourselves.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”