Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:18 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

VOTE: Berserker

Out of the 3 options I only like Beserker.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:42 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 374, Servant Caster wrote:As for your other question about why I initially scum-read you; it has to do with your entrance; it felt fake and performative to me:

19 is where you answer your own question about why you wouldn't want to be master'd - I didn't like how you laid out things, it feels to me almost like you want people to town-read you for how much you don't want to be master'd and don't want the town leadership position.

this phrase in particular pinged me:

"Currently looking for someone to come ObvTown for me, so I can vote them lol"

It feels like something that's just pointlessly added on at the end and performative - not an actual thing that people state.. and then the "lol" like why?
Because of this game being anonymous, I don't know that I can really address this in a satisfying way. Like, I think the answer in a normal game would be to back up what I am going to say with meta examples - and thats not an option :/

I generally don't know the right way to get into a game off the bat - kinda flounder until someone or something starts to engage me. So, I walked into this game, and asked a question. Hit refresh a couple times, and did not see a response - I saw later that the issue was that lancer was not sure how to answer, but when I was just staring at an empty thread, I did not know that. So I decided to try and get engaged a different way. Thought maybe I could spark a conversation by answering first.

So I answered my own question. The last part might have been a bit light hearted - but, it was also the first page of the game, and I was trying to get lancer to engage with me
Spoiler: lol
also, I have been called out for dropping "lol"s at the ends of my posts since my very first game on site -- but again, I can't really point you anywhere to back that up

In post 374, Servant Caster wrote:You state you don't want to be town leader but your stances throughout the day as it unfolds have been very agenda-y; you don't seem like the type that enjoys deferring to other people.
I can be loud and opinionated in the thread - but I also don't like to be the true town leader. -- In most instances, I would much rather have someone else that I can trust to bounce my reads/thoughts off of. I am also aware that my scum reads are generally only so-so (in general, I am usually happier with my town reads), and who ever becomes the IC, their scum reads are gonna be important.
In post 374, Servant Caster wrote:Your reconsideration on your Saber vote felt very strange to me, vote -> unvote -> then asking a question, it feels like tactical re-consideration rather than read re-consideration. The difference being that I think scum tend to have more likelihood to regret their votes quickly rather than town because scum are considerate of positioning whereas town take more thought imo into making the correct choices. I feel you are making an impulsive vote on Saber and then regretting it.

117 feels like you are trying to get Ego/Beast to be at each other's throats.

I have serious concerns about your "Master Preference";

You began by voting Saber, then unvoting Saber afterwards.

You ask Ego if Ego would like to be Master after Ego had a few townreads thrown at Ego,

You say that Assassin is a better choice for Master over Saber by Mech.

The first time you mention Berserker's name with any kind of read is to say in 247 that you would want him to be master'd - previously the only mention of berserker in your ISO I could find was a question that you asked of him, so it's kind of weirdly unnatural the way you approach his slot for me.
My opinion on who should be the Master / how we should choose them has evolved over the course of the game. Wavering between the importance of making a good mech choice and making a good leader choice.

In regards to Saber unvote - I was typing post . I hit submit - 51, 52, and 53 all popped up on my preview screen
Spoiler:
In post 51, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 47, Servant Caster wrote:yes I think whoever thinks their NP would be very strong should volunteer for it.
My NP is one of the strongest in the game, if used correctly and early. It's totally weaksauce if used late and arguably detrimental.
In post 52, Servant Caster wrote:VOTE: Saber

sold
In post 53, Servant Beast wrote:VOTE: Saber

And, my gut reaction was "damn, I guess we vote Saber here" so I voted - "My NP is one of the strongest in the game, if used correctly and early." Is a pretty convincing arguement on the surface. But when I read it a second time, I realized that there was no way that town!Saber would actually know that - So my next thought was, he is either overselling as town, or he is scum - either way, I wanted to hold off on my vote.

This is also a moment where I thought "huh, just choosing the best mech choice might not be that great of an idea - scum will always have the option to hype their mech value above the town's actual best mech choice"

My reach out to Aleter Ego, was in direct response to this post btw
In post 54, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I think choosing a townread who'd work well as conftown is preferable to selecting anyone for mechanical reasons. The influence of an IC and the double elimination outweighs any mechanical consideration based on people's roles.
Bouncing from what I had just thought about in regards to Saber, into immediately seeing this, made me start considering this angle for making this choice.
I had found Alter Ego posts townie, other people were finding their posts townie, and I generally like their tone on a "how well can I work with this person" level - so I wanted to see how they felt about it. --- And they said that they were not interested lol

So from there, I was on the look out for another person I thought fit that same criteria - by 247, I started feeling that way about Berserker.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

I'm just going to call Archer town.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:14 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 315, Servant Assassin wrote:As far as your ego is concerned, I thought you made a bit of a show of your magnanimity in your 85. It pinged me and I still don't like it. As for Saber's post, was it not clear to you that at that point Saber thinks "very highly of themselves as a player or has reason to believe their mech will outweigh all other mech abilities?" It seemed quite explicit and clear to me. The "thought process" you wished to get at was discernable already. You are correct that I had the intention of discrediting you; I felt it prudent to air that out and thought the town reads on you came too easily and were unwarranted. Despite this I don't have a full on scumread of you. It is in development. Your latest posts haven't moved the needle.
Imo wanting to be master and feeling a
duty
to be master are entirely different magnitudes. My question was, what made saber’s play for master go to the level of duty?

The reason I bring up the specific word discrediting is that when people are trying to discredit townreads on me, they’re almost always scum. Because I am easy to read.

Why do you think all your townreads are (fypov “incorrectly”) townreading me and not seeing what you are?
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:26 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

Not sure what the vc is like but I have intent to vote berserker.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:37 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

My count has me at four. Don’t love Avengers vote, but that seems to be a theme with Avenger posting.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:59 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 339, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 337, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 329, Servant Archer wrote:It also seems strange to have a miller and a "miller-proof" cop - unless we also have a non-miller proof cop, and I don't know how likely it is that Cabd would give us multiple cops
Considering that a lot of these super abilities are probably ***** and that it would take 5 days/nights to charge, most of these abilities will probably not see usage without outside help.

And I don't really believe the miller claim and feel like it was mostly done in reaction to Assassin indicating he had a cop-like ability.
I agree with the last paragraph and I want to believe assassin is lying.
The last sentence of rider's post contradicts your own. If you didn't misspeak here, is your scumread of me really so strong that you'd jump to thinking I am lying, or even that my chances of lying are greater than avenger's.
In post 378, Servant Lancer wrote:Imo wanting to be master and feeling a duty to be master are entirely different magnitudes. My question was, what made saber’s play for master go to the level of duty?

The reason I bring up the specific word discrediting is that when people are trying to discredit townreads on me, they’re almost always scum. Because I am easy to read.

Why do you think all your townreads are (fypov “incorrectly”) townreading me and not seeing what you are?
Yes I understand the difference between want and duty, but I also think considering Saber had spent at least three posts saying that they both thought they had good judgment and the strongest role, that the prerequisites for why they'd consider it a "duty" were present.

How pleased I will be then, to add to the very rare cases provided you are town.

As for my town reads all townreading you, at least in two cases they cite post #85 (berserker/ruler) and I disagree completely with their assessment. It's completely possible they've augmented the read somewhere but I don't see evidence for it. Ego's read of you was more measured and I could understand it, unsure where he stands on you now. As for Archer/Caster I've no clue. I'm coming around to Beast being town as well and I don't know his particular reasoning either.

But even with the entire cavalcade of townreads on you, my opinion of your posts do not change.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:41 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

In post 259, Servant Ruler wrote:Gathered servants of this great realm, I give you my greetings! I shall do my best to serve. I believe the best way to eliminate the corrupt is to identify the pure, especially given the master selection start to our crusade.

If I were to identify a corrupt servant, I would tag
Servant Foreigner
, but in the interest of seeking the pure of heart, my focus is elsewhere.

Mechanical talk, which the majority of servants are engaging in, inherently shall not reliably identify the pure of heart, so my focus is largely in reading the aspects said beyond mechanics.

To this end, while
Servant Archer
may have , they are the first servant who I feel lacks corruption. In the rvs, it is difficult to reliably differentiate between the pure and the corrupt, however,
Servant Archer
seems to genuinely be integrating into our group without deliberately trying;
Servant Archer
's early stances appear pure of heart.
In post 34, Servant Alter Ego wrote:The prophecy was true - I've now two townreads. At this rate I should have the game solved by page 7.
While a statement of this nature could be made by the corrupt, I am inclined to believe this declaration was made sincerely and the effort to sort the pure from the corrupt was genuine;
Servant Alter Ego
is my second pure servant read.

Though
Servant Lancer
is largely engaged in mechanical talk, I feel they may also be pure of heart, with posts such as feeling sincere.
In post 57, Servant Lancer wrote:I’m coming around to the idea that we should be aiming to hit town more than we care about the NP of whoever gets it.
I agree. I've no read on
Servant Saber
being corrupt or pure, so I do not yet trust them.

Servant Beserker
gave a faint indicator of a good heart in (it helps that as of I agree with all three purity reads), but I do not trust the sheep of it in
Servant Saber
's .

Servant Beast
's could be corrupt, but I lean more towards purity.

I have a possible guess as to who
Servant Archer
would be; were my guess to be correct, trusting them would be a disastrous mistake here as by meta I'd be inclined to think them corrupt.

Vote to master: Servant Lancer

I'm half-way through the thread. I believe
Servants Lancer, Archer, Beserker, and Beast
to be pure, and would master any of them if they were willing.
I believe
Servants Foreigner and
(possibly)
Saber
to be corrupt, thus poor choices for mastership.

Servants Assassin, Avenger, Caster, Moon Cancer, and Rider
I've no read on as of page 5. (Half hadn't posted by then; the half which had were null.) I believe there's one additional servant having not posted in our 11 pages yet and they also belong here.
you are bad at this, better do sheeping
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:43 am

In post 282, Servant Beast wrote:
In post 280, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 278, Servant Beast wrote:ngl, every time Archer posts I want to tease them relentlessly for their shoe-string rationales.
Jokes on me if they're scum tho.
What is this supposed to mean?
I'm saying they're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice. Their thinking is messy and seems pretty gut based. If they're town.
still better then ruler in this matter
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:43 am

In post 286, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 277, Servant Archer wrote:So I think that there are 3 players who have actively said that they want it :: Berserker, Assassin, and Saber.

VOTE: Berserker

I am going to assume the mech between the three of them is a wash -- basically, if they were town, and had a bad NP, I imagine they would have backed out of the running - so from here, I think we should assume they are all equal mech wise. At this point I would rather none of the 3 of them give any more info on their NPs, and I don't think it serves town to keep that the focus of the decision

So ignoring the mech side at this point, I think berserker looks like they would be the best town leader.

A big plus for them, in my opinon, is that they do not even seem all that focused on getting the master. Yes they made it clear that they wanted it, but if you scroll through their iso, it is way more focused on interacting with other players and building reads.

Compared to the other two seem, whose isos are 75%+ just talking about why they should get the master slot.

Like, the two are claiming they would work well as town leader, but berserker is showing it already imo

Would you be ok with being the Day 1 elimination if Berserker is Mafia?
Caster is already preparing grounds for day1 pushes
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:46 am

In post 292, Servant Berserker wrote:I wouldn’t hesitate to call it a town post from Caster, considering the follow through from early on about us, Archer. Not sure if I should be concerned about the rigidity and refusal to reevaluate with more information, but it is still in the first phase. Plenty of time to eat words down the line.

Pedit-
Will you two let me post
yea, second page reads are so solid that they should imply further leads
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:49 am

Remember to make a wiki page about town calls. "People, who follow their RVS votes are consequent, its very solvy."
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:55 am

In post 316, Servant Saber wrote:Town loses games when town engage in t v t fights and my duty is to prevent that, however I can.
Fights are fun, because they give analyzable data. Don't be a party popper.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:56 am

In post 320, Servant Assassin wrote:As for Beserker's entry, I mean... I can't say it's a particularly bad choice, I mildly townread him. Not thrilled its coming in this late when I feel the opportunity should have more organically happened when me and saber made our bids. The only other option at this point I see town possibly consolidating around is lancer, should he choose to make it.
how do you feel about your exposure being wasted?
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:58 am

In post 337, Servant Rider wrote:And I don't really believe the miller claim and feel like it was mostly done in reaction to Assassin indicating he had a cop-like ability.
in fact late miller claims are often fake. Scum likes to wait and claim miller once they are sure that no one less does it.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:02 am

Did anyone oppose Saber election? I don't like recent lack of resistance
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:03 am

You don’t think there’s been resistance to me? What do you think Beast and Caster have been doing, exactly?
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:04 am

In post 377, Servant Avenger wrote:I'm just going to call Archer town.
In post 375, Servant Avenger wrote:VOTE: Berserker

do you have thoughts? Don't worry we still got some pages left
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:05 am

In post 391, Servant Berserker wrote:You don’t think there’s been resistance to me? What do you think Beast and Caster have been doing, exactly?
there is something, they are resisting
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:07 am

current pagetops
Lancer 4
Berserker 2
Alter 1
Beast 1
Caster 1
Avenger 1
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:08 am

Lancer 4
Berserker 2
Alter 1
Beast 1
Caster 1
Avenger 1
Foreigner1
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:08 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 392, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 377, Servant Avenger wrote:I'm just going to call Archer town.
In post 375, Servant Avenger wrote:VOTE: Berserker

do you have thoughts? Don't worry we still got some pages left
Not if you keep posting like this
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:08 am

i thought that 395 was top :/
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:14 am

In post 390, Servant Foreigner wrote:Did anyone oppose Saber election? I don't like recent lack of resistance
What was this in response to then? I don’t think Saber experienced much resistance besides myself saying we need to think of all sides of the role (Archer also shared similar sentiments). I’ve already outlined resistance to me and most everyone has resisted Assassin, so this comment feels out of place.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:22 am

It is not a response, it is my opinion. Idk what is your problem

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”