Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Cabd »

It is not perfectly accurate I have made notes denoting people moving up or down mostly grandpa has moved up into the tier of the greens from the yellows and I think bulge is actually going to be moving down pending some meta homework I have about the bork tell
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Cabd »

Once again you'll have to forgive any typos I am typing with my voice while going approximately 60 mph down interstate 294
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I did a quick ctrl+f of your iso to see why you have Illwei so low, and I don't see anywhere that you explain why you are scum reading them.

I'm gonna go read Illwei's iso - can you also explain your read on them?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Cabd »

It would actually be more accurate to say I have yet to really explain any of my reads. I had intended to but unfortunately the on-call alarm decided otherwise this week thankfully my shift expires tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. Central Time and then I will not have the alarm bells going off depriving me of any ability to sit at a desk or more than about 30 minutes at a time.

My very original plan was to try and find an anchor this game such as Nora and use a conversational style to develop my reads into words I do this quite a bit in smaller games it's why for me when it comes to games that don't have a ton of people that I know in them I look for one or two solid anchors that I can use that way.

I'm pretty sure you just volunteered yourself to be that person this game. Let's just hope it's more like the unwind game or the Xenoblade game then those normal games that I was absolute trash at because I could never get engaged even with one or two people I knew around
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Cabd »

Ill way weigh feels like scum in the generic newbie model that morph has developed over the years and I know that probably makes sense to nobody other than myself and her and I should probably unpack that statement when I get home to a keyboard and a mouse but suffice to say there's certain markers that we look for in a unknown player that is drawn scum either for the first time on the site or even possibly the first time ever or is just unfamiliar or unconfident in the alignment and this slot hits most if not all of them
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:19 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 475, GrandpaMo wrote: What post are you referring about?
The post I am talking about is what Cabd thought about #468. Which that, is about the string of posts that was talked about the possible scumteam between Illwei and Piisirrational.

Also, I'm kind of interested in what morph's newbie model is, and what it looks like that Illwei fits into it.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:21 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I made an error, but it's talking about Cabd's thoughts from #468 not whatever mess the above post is.
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Illwei »

I'm still wondering about the tbh tell tbh
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Thoughts on Illwei - having read only their iso at this point

I very much liked , read it as townie -- but then they walked it back in :/

Spoiler:
Also, OMGUS VOTE: Illwei for 102

UNVOTE:

Their iso is a bit empty I guess? Like lots of short posts, and they are is a good bit of shade thrown around a several different players.

Although, this caught my eye -- "If I feel the need to defend then I will but to be frank, I don't have the energy right now, and I don't see how defending myself would help me sort them."

I kinda like this -- in a "I am more focused on sorting other people, then on how other people are reading me" kinda way. Like I wanna town read them for that mindset here, but I also don't see a ton of stuff that looks like sorting from them in their iso :/

Looking at their iso in a vacuum, I think I would lean scum here, but there is not enough that I would have then as a strong scum read

Cabd, are you seeing something I am missing - or have the other slots just towned it up so much, that this is enough for them to be the scummiest in the room?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 448, Illwei wrote:
In post 423, The Bulge wrote:if illwei flips scum after Zyla was scum in 2065, I'm never doubting the TBH tell again
The whatnow
Although, this post stood out to me.

I have not looked at Bulge yet - but this felt weird - not because of illwei, because illwei's iso has "tbh" thrown in like 20+times already.

But, I was in 2065, and lead the push against Zyla. The Bulge never mentioned it at all that game. I went back and checked, and by the end of the game Zyla had said tbh 4 times total - and just to compare, I said it 9 times.

Idk, this seems weird for Bulge to reference that other game here
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 507, Illwei wrote:I'm still wondering about the tbh tell tbh
The "tbh tell" basically says that scum knows that they are lying, and are trying to hide it, so they are more likely to preface their statements with "to be honest" "honestly" or just "tbh"

So he is saying that the number of times you have said "tbh" has stood out to him.

How many games have you played so far on site? Have you played scum before?
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Illwei »

In post 508, Lukewarm wrote:but I also don't see a ton of stuff that looks like sorting from them in their iso :/
yeah Itsa problem
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Just checked myself

In your first game, you were town - you made 62 posts, and you said "tbh" zero times

In this game, have have made 42 posts, and have said "tbh" 25 times

If you really are scum, then this is what the "tbh tell" looks like. In future games, you can try to avoid it in the future now that you know its a thing. If you're town, then in the future you can point to this game to say "the tbh tell does not work with me" lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I'm off for now - will try to do more towards catching up later tonight
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Illwei »

In post 512, Lukewarm wrote:If you really are scum, then this is what the "tbh tell" looks like. In future games, you can try to avoid it in the future now that you know its a thing. If you're town, then in the future you can point to this game to say "the tbh tell does not work with me" lol
"tbh" transcends all levels of Town and Scum tbqh
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Cabd »

That model is going to be incredibly difficult to accurately describe while driving so I'm not going to even try until I'm home and settled in for the night instead I can talk about the bork till which is absolutely easy to describe while driving via voice to text.

The bork tell in its purest form is this: a player who is widely scum red and incredibly likely to be eliminated during the day phase is suddenly revealed to be either confirmed town or incredibly likely town by way of moderator action or some sort of town investigative or by revealing themselves as innocent child or friendly neighbor. The scum player then has visible frustration in the tone of their posting reassurance in the game thread that their scum read was valid. Depending on the personality of the player they may additionally try to salvage the ability to scum read the slot. Regardless the slot never dies and scum stays salty
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Cabd »

As for how it applies this game I really hope that I don't need to spell it out for anyone but just in case I'm clearly referring to the slot that Luke now occupies and the manner in which the range quit happened as well as the fact that I started town reading the slot when I came in and the reaction from the bulge. My issue here is that I'm not sure that bulge qualifies as the type of player who is susceptible to this tell and I'm going to have to do my homework to run some scum games if any exist or this happened to him in the past.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Cabd »

The best examples of this tell in the wild both belong to its namesake in the mini normal by the now-band player whose name I forget if you ego search me you should see plenty of normal games but find the one that has both me and fork in it or just wait till I get home I can link it. And the other one also by its namesake is the illicit substances many theme game ran by Nacho Mama 8 in both of those games the exact tell went down pretty much exactly as described but I had not yet realized that the tell was a tell and so in one case he got away with it and in the other case he got POEd
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Just skimmed through the Bulge's iso -- and I am not sure how to feel about him atm, because I have the benefit of knowing that the push he was making on Roden was wrong, which in turn makes it feels bad reading it -- to be fair though, I have not read Roden's iso to know if he really was just out here scumming it up. Were other people reading Roden as scummy, outside of Noraa/TheBulge?

@Ydra - I see you were voting my slot in the most recent VC - did you agree with the bulge's takes on Roden?

Bulge's read transition on Roden also stood out to me --- Going from "this is what frustrated, caught scum looks like" to "Cabd, did I poke scum to the point of illogical flailing, or just piss off a newbie?" seemed odd, because there was very little indication that anything changed between bulge and Roden - and I am unclear why Cabd replacing in would result in him softening his stance?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 497, Lukewarm wrote:Because its working -- I always climb into the pocket of the first two people who compliment me.

@everyone else, there is still one opening, and I am taking applications
I am also quite upset that no one took me up on this offer yet --- Looking at you Strange :shifty:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Damn Luke, you cute and really nice to play games with
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 520, Lukewarm wrote:Damn Luke, you cute and really nice to play games with
Oh look, I guess I am climbing in to my own damn pocket now
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Ydrasse »

are you okay luke buddy

i think my vote's a holdover from noraa's vote because i had no interest in killing roden
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 522, Ydrasse wrote:are you okay luke buddy

i think my vote's a holdover from noraa's vote because i had no interest in killing roden
Yeah I'm good. Mainly just joking, but I was a little surprised that Strange posted after I repped in without saying hey to me --- We were just in a game together x.x
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Datisi »

~
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”