clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:28 am

Post by clidd »

But the problem is, while the perspective you're addressing doesn't seem to me to come from a scum mentality, I can't quite fit you into a town perspective. It's almost as if the things you're talking about are from a spectator pov and this weird feeling doesn't give me the confidence to advocate for you to stay in the game.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:29 am

Post by clidd »

There's also the point that I didn't understand the intent of your play. I've played alternative styles before, all with some goal in mind, but I haven't been able to empathize with your conduct here (especially the selfvote premise).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:30 am

Post by clidd »

And, well, you can still, if you like, continue to answer the rest of the questions, but unless there is something outside the curve on your part that demonstrates that you are, in fact, town, I don't see my opinion above changing. I'm just not voting you because I don't see scum!Ircher playing like this (as I've theorized), but I don't buy town!Ircher either given the current circumstances.

So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:35 am

Post by clidd »

Yep Amy, something is wrong with this "Ircher thing", but considering we don't read minds, only Ircher himself can clear this up.

The current justification, however, is just unsatisfactory.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:43 am

Post by clidd »

In post 1672, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata thinks the town should listen to what he’s saying considering Yin has cleared ircher and Nakata was already saying ircher was town who was set up!
Why do you think Yin would always say the truth?

An even if you're town, it doesn't make you 100% correct about every read. That's a weird line of thought.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:52 am

Post by clidd »

In post 1689, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 1623, Yang wrote:e-(x/3)<e-1
Wolfram Alpha apparently thinks this is related to the iPods and yellow spectrum colours.
In post 1639, clidd wrote:@Flea

What's your read on Ircher/Nakata/Robert?
I don't think Ircher is the correct elimination here, Rival Nakata is certainly one to be on the block today, Roberts AtE efforts have also earned my ire.

Yin missed my question, sad times.
Alright, and what do you think about Infinity and Tanner rn?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:55 am

Post by clidd »

, , > are directed to Ircher too (if the direction is unclear).
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:34 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Infinity is annoying null. I can't remember her much this game.
Tanners solid town imo.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1700, clidd wrote:But the problem is, while the perspective you're addressing doesn't seem to me to come from a scum mentality, I can't quite fit you into a town perspective. It's almost as if the things you're talking about are from a spectator pov and this weird feeling doesn't give me the confidence to advocate for you to stay in the game.
this is definitely how Ircher has been feeling for me all game.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:14 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1696, clidd wrote:
In post 1651, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1649, clidd wrote:Good read, I sympathize with your analysis.

It's enough for now, but if you have some time the next questions are 20, 21 and 22 (Ydrasse).
I have literally mis-read Ydrasse like 11 games in a row and she is very good at pocketing me :<

She feels really town tonally and she's got so much town energy and I know she's been kind of tired of playing scum so she might not have so much energy for it.

btw the last time I read her this way she was scum and rekt me so uh >.> don't like keep that in the bank?
Are these posts outside of her scum range in your opinion?

Spoiler:
In post 967, Ydrasse wrote:VOTE: infinity

i okay with this. my mentality when thinking about infinity went: "oh, i remember i didn't like something she did early game", read her iso, went "oh yeah, i didn't remember this, but it's bad when i'm looking at it again." she doesn't feel like she's... herself, this is hard to describe unless you've played with her a lot. town her is more Here and in the moment, free-flowing and though she sometimes gets flak early game it usually clears up even during d1. and the fact that it isn't happening here is like. ya okay her being off wasn't just a fleeting thing.

i think there's something to be said about satoru's unwilingness to vote infinity and positing her as someone who can be read later, while also... like. to me, the mentality about robert (we should get him out now as he's bait and we will not be able to solve him at all late game and he will just get killed by scum into a loss) (which i think is a scummy mindset in general; i lost a post i was trying to write earlier when my spare laptop's battery died wherein, i felt like satoru did none of the legwork to solve robert and was just fine kicking him over and see what he flipped which is the /exact/ sort of mindset that he's like, talking about will happen later down the line) isn't being extended to infinity, which doesn't make sense because like... what is a mt vote doing right now? why not vote someone you scumlean when there's a wagon on her when it will let 1) town!satoru live longer to do things and 2) fits into the mentality of "well all scum die eventually."

idk. just going like "any scumflip is good even if it's low info lol" and then going "nah better targets atm" when his life is on the line is dumb as fuck. if infinity flips scum i'm going to kill satoru or die trying tomorrow. i haven't felt this confident on my reads since titus v nancy drew and i was on fucking FIRE there.
In post 1168, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1162, Tanner wrote:uh. could you answer that question regarding me first? i've been waiting for you to express a read on me because i think that might be useful for me to read you, but you keep Not doing that.
it's intentional for many reasons but the main for you is because i started off this game really annoyed at you and i thought it better to Not engage like that for everyone's benefit. that and the statement i made earlier about you not reading me correctly was based in the memory of that normal game where you were scum and townread me which like, to me was "why can't he see what he's seeing here"

you're middle of the pack for me right now. i find it harder to discern you through tone because my impression of you as town is like, no offence, a bit messy and all over the place from your notes pts even if you don't put that into main threads for games all the time, here you're more contained.

actually, going through your iso now i don't know if you would continuously push robert unless you're scum with like, satoru/infinity together? it feels like there's stuff People Can Do to look towny when they're scum but doubling down on something that people aren't going for anymore feels like a waste of time and also risks looking performative when it's an... outlier of a read, i guess, or a wagon compared to the competing ones atm, and i don't think that you as scum would continue pushing this just for the sake of it? this is basically boiling down to you're genuine about the robert read. which uh, don't tell anyone but i've been keeping some of my reads close to chest and my robert one's dwindled a little bit because of . in the moment i took his emotion as like, real town irritation but you're right that it looks like a pattern based on pressure, but i disagree that "everyone sounds town" is a scummy mindset bc i just played a game where... like everyone basically sounded town to me and i was floundering lol. i think i'm more interest in limming robert if satoru does flip scum tho bc the strength of the read on just one person feels more like scum only able to pinpoint scumminess in a partner and not into that for d1. also like if we flip robert and he's town like, i still go to satoru most likely and ya. sorry this became another case on killilng satoru.

also despite the tone issue i have w you on this alt does actually sound like the sort of... floundering that i expect from you as town and idk if you would think to make a post like that on this alt and while pushing something that's not going anywhere. it feels like a moment where you slipped into who you actually ~~are which i think? would be harder for scum!datisi to do.

so, i guess townlean after i sat down and actually thought about it instead of powerleveling in wow
the last time I hard townread her for "being outside her scumrange" she was scum and trounced me :[

like she's not somebody I'll be able to trust until like I forget but I wouldn't want to elim her without good cause and not just based off like paranoia.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:22 am

Post by Chara »

is not a bad post but the fact that Ircher's most useful post is in answer to clidd's questioning doesn't make me think Ircher is any more likely to be town. the thing that is strange is while Ircher has given a scumread on Robert, he doesn't seem to be doing anything to actually get Robert eliminated, but that's been kind of the theme of his play the whole game.

and i'm expecting some weird mechanic will be revealed, but i don't know what to do with it besides vote players who aren't acting town.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:26 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1559, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata would also like to point out he has a very consistent line on Morning Tweet and that his voting her doesn’t clash with his prior expressed reads. Nakata called her scummy earlier for pushing him. Nakata is simply following up.
i don't know if it's posting style or not, but this isn't the first post from Nakata that feels too deliberate and aware of exactly the trajectory he is pushing in the name of being consistent. i know it's in response to Tweet saying that the Ircher read from Nakata is inconsistent but it does rub me the wrong way.

and i'm still not sure what about Tweetie Nakata actually scumreads, i see a lot of "scum Tweet is doing this" and not a lot of "Tweet is scum because X".
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Chara »

In post 925, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata doesn't see why changing who he thinks is scum looks bad, particularly, Nakata thinks he is displaying a natural progression in his reads based on what's happening in the game.
this was the earlier post. it's really "what do you mean i'm scum, i'm doing so well with faking my reads progression".
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:39 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1692, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 1664, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1279, NorwegianboyEE wrote: According to Yin:

- There is scum in:
Ircher
/Infinity/Nakata
- There is scum in: Norwee/Pooky/Chara
- There is scum in Pooky's votes before post : Chara/Tanner/Morning Tweet/
Ydrasse

- There is scum in Amy's votes before post : Chara/
Ircher
/Nakata
- There is either 0 or maximum 1 scum in:
Amy
/Robert/Tanner
- There are no scum in: Ydrasse/Amy/Ircher
- There are 3 factions (Repeated twice)
- Yang is not an criminal.
Yoink.
i also find it really unlikely we could just ask groups of three and get answers about whether there's scum in them, and be able to trust those 100%.

i can believe Nakata is scum, that would make sense with this, but i find it hard to believe that there is a scum in both Tanner/Tweet and Pooky/Norwee. it's possible, but then the three ICs (Ydrasse/Amy/Tanner) is a lot.

i do think Yin isn't 100% bullshit, there seem to be rules about what he answers and what doesn't, but i'm not sure asking about alignments in groups is what he's for. enough groups of three questions and the whole game can be broken in half, even if he doesn't answer questions about singular players.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:06 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1697, Ircher wrote:
In post 1657, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Are you going to answer what the purpose of the reaction test was? Was it really just a ‘joke’?
I already did and yes.
Ircher is trolling us
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:09 am

Post by clidd »

In post 1707, Flea The Magician wrote:Infinity is annoying null. I can't remember her much this game.
Tanners solid town imo.
Can you mention a post from Tanner's iso that reflects you as the most "towny" and why?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:10 am

Post by clidd »

@Pooky

Fair.

Moving on, what can you tell me about Nakata?

Spoiler:
(3) What do you think about Nakata?

(4) What do you think about Nakata' initial paranoia on the players who were inside his wagon?

(5) Which post reflects you as the most scummy(or towny) from Nakata's iso?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:11 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1704, clidd wrote:
In post 1672, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata thinks the town should listen to what he’s saying considering Yin has cleared ircher and Nakata was already saying ircher was town who was set up!
Why do you think Yin would always say the truth?

An even if you're town, it doesn't make you 100% correct about every read. That's a weird line of thought.
I find it really hard to believe Nakata is taking what Yin says as hard truth, this comes off very reachy. If Nakata were actually investigating, they also should have noticed they have two confirmed scum from Yin's clues -- but they're just taking from Yin what is convenient to them.

Dunno. It's a bad argument.
In post 1712, Chara wrote:
In post 925, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata doesn't see why changing who he thinks is scum looks bad, particularly, Nakata thinks he is displaying a natural progression in his reads based on what's happening in the game.
this was the earlier post. it's really "what do you mean i'm scum, i'm doing so well with faking my reads progression".
Hahahaha, that is a really odd thing for town to say in hindsight.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:15 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Pooky pook pook >:3
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 am

Post by clidd »

I agree with Chara, I don't think it would make much sense for Yin to facilitate the game, especially if we all had organized ourselves to test the consistency of his responses (something that was probably anticipated to avoid unfair advantage).

pedit: Yeah, I had the exact same impression (on the subject of Nakata).

pedit²: Hum.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:18 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

unofficial VC 1

4 >>
Ircher:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Robert M Hunter, NorwegianboyEE, Morning Tweet
3 >>
Satoru Nakata:
Infinity 324, Chara, clidd
1 >>
Infinity 324:
Tanner
1 >>
Morning Tweet:
Satoru Nakata

4 >> Not Voting: Ircher, Flea The Magician, Ydrasse, Amy Dunne

It takes 7 to sentence.

The deadline is in (expired on 2021-07-07 18:10:20). If there is no majority, plurality decides.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Interesting that we aren't allowed to no eliminate. Also it's called sentencing, so I guess it technically might do something odd.

To the people who think we shouldn't kill Ircher... why exactly? I get that he might be town, I dont think it's an assured scum hit, but he's the most suspicious and I dont think his explanation of "I was just trolling" and "trying out a new playstyle" are enough to cover his gameplay. Norwe (i think) made a good point earlier that Ircher hasn't exactly been an advisory role to town even if you do take into account he intentionally wasn't scumhunting or forming reads.

I don't think we should slide off Ircher elsewhere today. Does anyone have a convincing argument for why we should?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1721, Morning Tweet wrote:Norwe (i think) made a good point earlier that Ircher hasn't exactly been an advisory role to town even if you do take into account he intentionally wasn't scumhunting or forming reads.
You think?
Credits where credits are due, that was ME.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:31 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

so feisty I love it
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1600, Tanner wrote:hot take that may or may not make sense, i haven't checked: i think ircher is town, because i feel like there are way too many ~scummy slots going "idk i don't want ircher he's a loltownie" to the point where SOMEONE of them has to be scum tmi-ing him as town.
Maybe, it's possible. Also one of them might be scum with Ircher though. Too many variables for that to overturn my read of Ircher I think.

I know Robert's vote on Ircher bothers you and given your read on Robert i suppose i see your issue with it.

@Chara
does your suspicion on Nakata override the Ircher one, or are you still deciding?

@clidd
I agree Ircher's play is illogical from a townie's perspective although that is largely why i AM voting him. I think illogical play is just more likely to come from someone who knows something i dont, especially in this game. And there's just nothing to townread Ircher for. His explanation that he's joking around and trying a new playstyle just doesnt exactly make sense to me either

Flea
I remember that you have Infinity as null -- but do you have any thoughts on Nakata/Ircher, especially with 24 hours til deadline? I'm just really curious where your head's been at this day phase

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”