Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Cabd »

With 11 players alive, it will take 6 votes to burn a servant.

Deadline for Day 2 is set at: (expired on 2021-07-19 15:09:16)

Avenger (2): Beast, Rider
Foreigner (3): Alter Ego, Archer, Avenger
Beast (1): Caster

Page Usage: 5/33

Last edited by Cabd on Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

Catching up.

My issue with the Avenger-scum hypothesis is that for it to be true, it supposes Titus was doing nothing but bussing on day 1 (she jumped on Avenger in the duel and pushed fairly hard on him), and I'm not sure why that is somehow more plausible than all 3 wagons day 1 being on scum. To dismiss one of those as implausible but not the other seems like questionable logic.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

Just based on wagon composition and the scum that have already flipped. We have a lot of scum bussing going on. Maybe they all wanted to try going deep and hoped it would clear themselves.

I mean, the scum team is in Rider, assassin, foreigner, Avenger. Unless Altar or Archer are: very good scum, while also somehow being insane bussers.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

I forgot caster.
Sigh.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Servant Berserker »

In post 1725, Servant Rider wrote:You're so deep into this fantasy of yours that I don't really think you're worth the effort of salvation.
I find it laughable you think Archer is proposing a fantasy when their view of the game seems very rational and in line with my own thoughts
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1774, Servant Archer wrote:So, I mean, I feel like I have at least somewhat of a solid grasp of the game state this game. So it feels a bit odd to be talked about as though I am just a lost townie -- whether you agree with my current read or not.
I feel as though this same argument can be applied to me as well, especially considering my came before your , and had all of Beast, Avenger, Moon Cancer, and Saber explained as some sort of scum read.
In post 1066, Servant Berserker wrote:Caster, your disappearance is incredibly unnerving and I need to see more things from you ASAP.

Archer and Lancer are still town, Ruler is town, alter is town. Shielder is town.

Rider is leaning town, I quite enjoyed their wall. Caster disappearing is concerning.
To which original Berserker even admitted to have enjoyed reading through and I would not be surprised if my wall played into the slots they were looking to push and eliminate, seeing as how at least three (Avenger, Moon Cancer, and Saber) ended up being on the chopping block for elimination.

And if you don't really want to trust my reads because I'm not confirmed town or whatever, then we can at least trust notscience's because he was confirmed town and was on a hot streak as well.
In post 1093, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 1039, Servant Avenger wrote:Let's put it this way though, how often are millers dealt with?
More than not. I personally think that the general meta should be Miller claims do not make MyLo unless confirmed town.
I also think that a vig should always shoot a miller claim regardless of what has happened. Therefore, it's actually a stupid play from scum to claim (hence why the meta should remain regardless).

I don't survive to end game, and I'm not going to be pushing back on that later.
I have 2 additional roles though, 1 is either for or against scum (and low key ironic for me to get), and 1 is anti scum in this setup.
Both of these are also provable, the first at any point in the day and the second at the end of the day.

Here's some food for thought though, and I've been thinking this over for the last day to if I should say or not, and I've decided I want to since Lancer and Foreigner are shading and most likely contain 1-2 scum.
In addition, my power up power thing is the same Sabres. Originally I read Sabres comment as it's better late game, and that is my view on it.
So my thoughts here are
A) if anyone else at all has this power, then its plausible to be town or at least irrelevant to thought right now and I think Sabre is town anyway.
B) if only me and Sabre have this power then it's likely 1 of us is scum and 1 of us is town. Obviously in this situation, I would claim the town.

If its A, I'm probably going to use my first power on Foreigner if the votes are not going there.
0 reason to claim this as town. Townie would be more paranoid about revealing powers. Avenger got scared that after saber flips and someone notices that he used this ability, we will notice that he has to be scum for having the same power as flipped townie.
In post 1095, Annie Edison wrote:Yeah, I clocked that too foreigner. We will deal with them next flip.
Which, once again, with Avenger being on the chopping block for elimination, gives him plenty of motivation to want to gladiate Foreigner with a 1v1 as scum.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:15 pm

In post 1741, Servant Caster wrote:I would be happy with an Avenger or Beast flip at this moment in time.
I don’t think either of these flip scum
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

Well, I wouldn't flip scum.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1779, Servant Berserker wrote:
In post 1725, Servant Rider wrote:You're so deep into this fantasy of yours that I don't really think you're worth the effort of salvation.
I find it laughable you think Archer is proposing a fantasy when their view of the game seems very rational and in line with my own thoughts
Yeah, but I don't really get the feeling that your grasp on this game is that great.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 1006, Servant Beast wrote:Also, just as a general request, I'd prefer if I wasn't another casualty to the "must be one scum, one town pairing" fallacy.
@Rider, only if you're town tho. If you're scum I'll stop nagging you to get a better read.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:22 pm

I would say my perspective is more emblematic of the general consensus, and I’m also confirmed town, so do you really want to try gaslighting me?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

I don't know what the 'one must be scum, one must be town' pairing is referring to.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1785, Servant Berserker wrote:I would say my perspective is more emblematic of the general consensus, and I’m also confirmed town, so do you really want to try gaslighting me?
Why do you think I'm gaslighting you?

What do you mean more emblematic of the general consensus?

If you're trying to say that you are the direct reason we have two flipped scum, I would say no. I would say it was more your predecessor and the actions of other players around you, and that you mostly just inherited the slot because notscience posted on the wrong account. I don't even think you were on the final Saber wagon.

Just because you are in agreement with someone else doesn't mean either of you two are right.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:25 pm

In post 1752, Servant Beast wrote:Would it be a good idea to share my abilities or at least some of the relevant ones @Berserker? @Shielder?
Depends on how relevant they are IMO
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 1788, Servant Berserker wrote:
In post 1752, Servant Beast wrote:Would it be a good idea to share my abilities or at least some of the relevant ones @Berserker? @Shielder?
Depends on how relevant they are IMO
hmm. somewhat relevant, but my abilities still have use even with Saber dead. I could do a partial reveal of the relevant portions.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

I don't think he's gas lighting you so much as that he's using an ad hominem on you.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:31 pm

In post 1787, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 1785, Servant Berserker wrote:I would say my perspective is more emblematic of the general consensus, and I’m also confirmed town, so do you really want to try gaslighting me?

If you're trying to say that you are the direct reason we have two flipped scum, I would say no. I would say it was more your predecessor and the actions of other players around you, and that you mostly just inherited the slot because notscience posted on the wrong account. I don't even think you were on the final Saber wagon.

Just because you are in agreement with someone else doesn't mean either of you two are right.
I think you’re gaslighting me because you’re trying to suggest I shouldn’t trust myself. As for being more emblematic, it means our thought processes are shared by even more people than just us, and as such if you want to say we’re wrong you have a lot of people to convince.

I wouldn’t say I directly caused any scum to be eliminated but I took a deliberate course of not using my vote as an influence Day 1 and instead simply speaking my thoughts. I also don’t think your current attitude of trying to besmirch me for not voting out scum is a good look.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

It's not an ad hominem.

Just stating it how I see it.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:34 pm

In post 1790, Servant Beast wrote:I don't think he's gas lighting you so much as that he's using an ad hominem on you.
That seems to be part of it but I say gaslighting because that’s pretty much the only recourse scum have to work around conftown, is to make them doubt their own thoughts and feelings. Maybe he’s town doing it but the follow-up I just responded to makes that feel less likely
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:35 pm

In post 1792, Servant Rider wrote:It's not an ad hominem.

You’re literally saying that I wasn’t a factor in the scum flips and that I’m essentially resting on notsci’s laurels. That’s ad hominem.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

I condescend a lot at people that push me when I'm town though. It's a bad habit and bad play, but I do it frequently enough that I just sit in the "could come from either" camp, camp.

I do think Rider is fairly grumpy even though we're winning though. But I think foreigner or Avenger probably has at least 1 scum in it.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1791, Servant Berserker wrote:
In post 1787, Servant Rider wrote:

I think you’re gaslighting me because you’re trying to suggest I shouldn’t trust myself. As for being more emblematic, it means our thought processes are shared by even more people than just us, and as such if you want to say we’re wrong you have a lot of people to convince.

I wouldn’t say I directly caused any scum to be eliminated but I took a deliberate course of not using my vote as an influence Day 1 and instead simply speaking my thoughts. I also don’t think your current attitude of trying to besmirch me for not voting out scum is a good look.
I don't think you understand what gaslighting means.

Just because multiple players share the same view, doesn't mean it's right.

I've still yet to see an valid argument on why the 'miller' claim should be trusted.

I don't really care whether or not besmirching you is a good look. You say 'I'm confirmed town and plenty of people agree with me.' These are appeals to authority ('you should believe I'm right because I'm confirmed town') and to the crowd ('a lot of others believe the same thing, so it must be right'), both of which are common fallacies.

If you really have that big of an issue with it, then just eliminate me.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1794, Servant Berserker wrote:
In post 1792, Servant Rider wrote:It's not an ad hominem.

You’re literally saying that I wasn’t a factor in the scum flips and that I’m essentially resting on notsci’s laurels. That’s ad hominem.
The truth hurts. Doesn't make it any less true.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

I want to believe that Rider is in a biker jacket and has his back against a locker with sun glasses on when he says that. I don't care that he has to be on the computer. Probably voice command.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1795, Servant Beast wrote:I condescend a lot at people that push me when I'm town though. It's a bad habit and bad play, but I do it frequently enough that I just sit in the "could come from either" camp, camp.

I do think Rider is fairly grumpy even though we're winning though. But I think foreigner or Avenger probably has at least 1 scum in it.
Why would I be grumpy?

All the biggest threats to my role have been dealt with in some form or another:
-The player that is immune to investigations is conftown
-The strongman scum was eliminated Day 1
-The PT-crashing scum was also eliminated Day 1
-The town roleblocker was eliminated Night 1

My issue is the ridiculousness that is being presented to me by Archer [and potentially Berserker] in preserving Avenger despite him being very likely scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”