Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 716, T3 wrote:Frustration is NAI.
Overall, yes.
How it's portrayed, is AI.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 724, House wrote:@ Bingle: what happened between those posts that made you decide to vote there?
In post 706, Bingle wrote:
In post 699, NorwegianboyEE wrote:But seriously, where is Mastina?
Mood.
In post 715, Bingle wrote:
In post 653, Almost50 wrote:the push on Norwee looked genuine
Really?

It seemed pretty inflated to me. I also didn't like the push on T3 that fizzled out or the response to me being indignant at being townread being an excuse about the difficulty of forming reads instead of, you know, not giving a shit. I feel like mastina as town is less apologetic about townreading me there.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 721, Dunnstral wrote:I'm also against claiming packs
Fullclaiming packs is dumb.

Claiming specifically the anti town roles that were in your opening pack on D2 is good.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 697, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Eh i should have tried to keep my cool more, i've tried to change my style recently where i don't act all flustered about being wagoned but i went back to my old roots again.
I'll evolve to an higher level of consciousness from this point on. In the grand scheme of things, these fights do not help me with solving. Better to settle this petty squabble and look at the game differently.
Now i don't think,
The tone of this post feels of to me on a reread.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by T3 »

VOTE: Noweiganboyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by T3 »

This game is kind of dead...
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by NDMath »

In post 663, T3 wrote:Dunn putting this much effort into a game and the Mason claim which has no scum motivation is very +town AI, or so I've heard. I hav yet to see for myself.
"this much effort"?
In post 712, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 640, House wrote:
In post 623, Infinity 324 wrote:Though tbh I don't think it's fair to say I haven't looked for scum, I've pushed t3, a50, and house
I wouldn't call a flaccid, unexplained vote with no questioning or accusations much of a push.
This is the post in question for others
Someone remind me why we're making house answer every question three times.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by NDMath »

@Infinity, What is your read on flea?

@House, Do you have thoughts on the mastina v norwee interaction?
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Vote Count 1.7
[5] NorwegianboyEE: mastina, Flea The Magician, Taly, NDMath, T3
[2] Almost50: Dwlee99, Almost50
[2] mastina: NorwegianboyEE, Bingle
[1] T3: House
[1] Taly: cyrus62
[1] House: Infinity 324
[0] Flea The Magician:
[0] Infinity 324:
[0] Dwlee99:
[0] Bingle:
[0] cyrus62:
[0] Dunnstral:
[0] NDMath:

Not voting: Dunnstral

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Deadline expires in
(expired on 2021-07-20 22:28:21).
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 731, NDMath wrote:Someone remind me why we're making house answer every question three times.
Something something bureaucracy something triplicate.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by House »

In post 726, Bingle wrote:
In post 724, House wrote:@ Bingle: what happened between those posts that made you decide to vote there?
In post 706, Bingle wrote:
Mood.
In post 715, Bingle wrote:
In post 653, Almost50 wrote:the push on Norwee looked genuine
Really?

It seemed pretty inflated to me. I also didn't like the push on T3 that fizzled out or the response to me being indignant at being townread being an excuse about the difficulty of forming reads instead of, you know, not giving a shit. I feel like mastina as town is less apologetic about townreading me there.
I forgot about 715 and missed it on my skim before I asked. Thanks!
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by House »

In post 731, NDMath wrote:Someone remind me why we're making house answer every question three times.
A little exaggerated, but it does seem to have happened a couple times, yeah.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by House »

In post 732, NDMath wrote:@Infinity, What is your read on flea?

@House, Do you have thoughts on the mastina v norwee interaction?
Before Townstumps, I'd have had a very different answer for this question, but these days she seems to have a very different method for reading people that isn't very effective (at reading me, at least), unlike in the past when she could just soulread the hell out of me. If this game was happening in 2015-2016, I'd sheep the crap out of her but her play these days has certainly changed from what I remember.

So, I'm putting zero stock in her certainty of her d1 read on Norwe because she was also sure I was scum in Townstumps.

As far as Norwe goes, I'm kinda waiting for him to decide on a read of me because of (reasons).

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:06 pm

Post by mastina »

Urgh I really really don't want to be here right now but given that I wasn't here yesterday I'm pretty sure if I don't post tonight I'll be in prod range. So I'm really not feeling up to it but I unfortunately have no choice which means I've gotta try in spite of being unable to really be in the right mindset for mafia.
In post 485, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You can’t actually describe what it is that’s scummy?
When I say everything is different, I do mean literally everything. I mean night and day difference when I say it.

And think about it--how would
you
go about describing to someone who genuinely doesn't know what 'night' and 'day' are, how to describe the polar opposites? They're so natural to you, so obvious, so innate, so inherently apparent to you that you would struggle to find the words. You can see it yourself, what day is, and what night is, so how can you describe something that is second-nature to you to someone who doesn't have any idea of what night and day are?

The same way actually describing the concepts of 'night' and 'day' to someone who doesn't know what they are is something difficult to you when they are so innate, so inherent, to you, describing your towngame and scumgame's difference is something that I find difficult because it is so transparently obvious, so immediately stupidly obvious by knowing your towngame that this isn't it, that I don't know where to begin.

It's not
impossible
to describe the difference! Just like describing how night and day are opposites isn't impossible, describing how this isn't your towngame isn't impossible. But I don't know where to begin.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 503, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Can you talk to me about your Infinity read?
Infinity is saying things that appear town enough but I'm not convinced anything she's said or done is
actually
town. Similar to the T3 read in that regard. I see the town things there; I don't think the town things are actually alignment indicative. Not from what I've seen at least. (Admittedly that could've changed in the last couple of days and I have 9 pages to read yet. But it's not there in what I've seen.)
In post 500, Bingle wrote:I’m rather interested in why mastina poked T3 over the push but never followed through.
Because while I think T3 has a decent chance of being scum, I'm not
sure
that he's scum. It's a two-way street on the read thing, yaknow; my read accuracy on T3? Not the best. T3 looks like scum and there's good reason for T3 to be scum but I have been wrong about T3 being scum before so it is possible that I am wrong again.

Norwee however? Pretty damn clearly scum, soooo.
In post 508, House wrote:
In post 484, mastina wrote:
In post 482, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Of all the players here Infinity should be the most qualified to read me imo.
And I'm not convinced Infinity is town, sooooooooooo...
Do you really think scum!Norwee would give scum!Infinity those props?
I honestly can't tell.

I am pretty damn sure this is Norwee as scum.
I, separately, think that T3 has a decent chance of being scum.
I, separately, think it's quite possible Infinity is scum.
Individually, I could see any number of them being scum. I don't think it's none, but it could be any combination of 1, 2, or 3, and I can see it going either way for arguments involving specific pairings with them. Hard to tell; I want more days to get it better locked down one way or another.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 552, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Jesus christ, i have one good read on rep in and it's now somehow suspicious?
I mean your entire iso is filled with inconsistent weird takes that are out of place from the Norwee-town that I've come to know, where your trajectory is all over the place in a weird way that doesn't fit with anything I've seen from you before.
In post 557, NorwegianboyEE wrote:That kind of thing happens all the time, town goes into TvT and scum chooses their side accordingly while the main pusher is the fall guy for the inevitable townflip on any side.
By the way, don't fall for this--Norwee is trying to deliberately orchestrate a situation where the town writes off the fights with him as TvT.

They're not; Norwee is scum trying to deliberately mimic the TvT dynamic.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 651, Almost50 wrote:GOOD! Good fellas not goof!! GODDMAN! :oops: :facepalm:
No, no, goof fellas is an accurate description of me; I have sole ownership of the ':P' emote for good reason. :P
In post 654, T3 wrote:1. Town Dunn thought "hey I should use masons!"
For the record, I not only see this, but also similarly to Dwlee, think that the scum think this, too. As in, just like I think the scum think Dwlee is obvtown (in spite of me not seeing Dwlee as obvtown) and thus Dwlee cannot be scum, I think the scum think Dunn is clearly town with a mason (just instead of me not seeing it, I also see it).
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:37 pm

Post by Taly »

Yeah, at no point have I reciprocated the "let's write this off as TvT" with Norwee, nor think I eluded to that. The disconnect between how he frames this situation and how I've actively detailed my POV about it is why I think his frustration may be likelier coming from scum. His posts have been some form of diversion since mine and mastina's push.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:50 pm

Post by Taly »

I also have enough people I want to chew out that that list must contain town so I'm shelving my indignation.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:50 pm

Post by mastina »

You know how it seems like 80% of players hide their online activity?

How when you click on their profiles, and check for 'last visit', it's listed as " - " because they turn on the setting to hide it?

Guess what?

I don't. I never have, in fact. Across all three of my mains, it's right there, visible clear as day.

I'd probably get modkilled for taking a screenshot of it as an outside influence, but the fact of the matter is. You can in fact click on my username, mastina, and check to see these stats;
Last visited: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:07 pm;
They are publicly available for all who are logged in to see. You can't view my profile while you are not logged in, but as long as you are? It's right there, plain as day, for all to see.

And speaking of that, you can click on the Search User's Posts button; clear as day? Clear as day, my last posts onsite prior to today in this game?

...Were my posts on Saturday...in this game.

I haven't been online since my last visit here and this is something y'all can very very clearly look into yourselves and easily verify because it is something I, very deliberately, choose to never hide. Every visit to this site is public. Every time I log in, I
want
people to know that I have logged in, so that they know
exactly
when I was, and
wasn't
online. Because in my eyes, hiding your online activity in games is just cowardice. If you're going to log in, you should be prepared to post. (Which, mind you. Is why I can go days without posting onsite, because there are days when I am not prepared to post in the games I am in and thus don't log in.) I realize that this isn't a universal thing, but it's my personal philosophy.

But if you're wondering where I've been outside of mafiascum? Largely, streaming Chrono Trigger, watching streams, watching professional League of Legends (I'm actually listening to the LCO right now as I am writing this, and would be devoting my full attention there if not for the need to avoid a prod in this game), and playing games of League of Legends grinding Normals in an attempt to finish the questline they launched which sadly requires a grind because you can't earn points in tft (at least not yet), can't earn points from bot games, and each game you play is 20-40 minutes average of 30 minutes and I only have until the end of the month to complete the event and I am literally only a fraction of the way through.

And also, as I have mentioned repeatedly; I'm not really in the headspace to be playing mafia. I wasn't in the headspace to play mafia on Saturday but was forced to post as to avoid the prod; I wasn't in the headspace to play mafia on Sunday but knew I posted the day before so could afford to not be on mafiascum for a day; I'm
still
not in the headspace to play mafia, but I know I'd be in prod range without posting so am once
again
forcing it.

I take days off that I can when I am not in the headspace to play. If I am in the headspace to play tomorrow, I will post tomorrow; if I am not in the headspace to play tomorrow, I will take tomorrow off because I can afford to, having posted tonight. If I am not in the headspace to post on Wednesday in spite of having not posted on Tuesday, I will once again be forced to post in spite of not being in the headspace but will by necessity force it.

This will never change. But again--you can track it. I don't hide my online activity. So if I were online? You could see it. You will know exactly when I log in and have a reasonable idea of why.
In post 683, Flea The Magician wrote:I am really struggling to get my head in this game -.-;
Big mood; you know how I've been doing. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 737, House wrote:So, I'm putting zero stock in her certainty of her d1 read on Norwe because she was also sure I was scum in Townstumps.
I mean, it wasn't exactly that simple.

My first read was a scumread...but I hard-pivoted early, and kept through the entirety of the midgame, a townread on you that only slipped in the lategame because of a combination of poe, needing to reevaluate my townreads, and how you were treating slots like me, jjh, and Gamma with 2/3 of them being slots that should've been off the table as conftown. (Admittedly, Gamma wasn't. That didn't make the doubt of the clear any less suspicious, even if in that instance it just so happened to be correct. In 99% of games, doubting a slot that is conftown isn't going to be you in the right, it's going to be you mudslinging a slot that has every right to be conftown. We happened to be in the 1% where the slot conftown wasn't actually conftown but the 1% does not excuse that approach in the 99 other percent.)

For the entirety of the midgame, I had you as locktown.

It was only in the lategame where the game needed
someone
to be scum and the slot most strongly trying to call the mechanically-conftown to not be conftown, seemed like it was a reasonably good bet. Admittedly, that was wrong, and admittedly, one of the mechanically-conftown was scum, but again, in 90-99% of games, mechanically-conftown players are actually mechanically conftown and the alignment who has more reason to mudsling them as not being so is scum. So it was a wrong call
that game
but in general I stand by my assessment there in general applying.

But I digress. That was that game, this is this game.

Flea the Magician
Taly

Almost50
Dwlee99
Dunnstral

cyrus62
Bingle
House

NDMath

Infinity 324

T3

Momrangal/NorwegianboyEE

Locktown, basically-locktown, pretty damn strongly townreading for various reasons but not locktown, lean-town overall (NDMath I don't know at all but just gut-vibe them as town), not-townreading, seeing-as-scum, lockscum of lockscum.

These are my reads right now for D1.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:15 pm

Post by Taly »

Mastina, what makes Flea locktown?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 657, T3 wrote:What if everyone who has mason
doesn't claim
and then uses night 1. Anyone who receives a mason card will know the person who gave it to them is scum, and we could potentially end up with multiple confirmed town. If scum have masons this would also force them to waste their night 1 card choice.
And this is why you're subpoenaed to the jury duty

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:31 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 658, T3 wrote:
In post 657, T3 wrote:What if everyone who has mason
doesn't claim
and then uses night 1. Anyone who receives a mason card will know the person who gave it to them is scum, and we could potentially end up with multiple confirmed town. If scum have masons this would also force them to waste their night 1 card choice.
Never mind, there are only 2 masons max and Dunnstral has 1 so it doesn't really matter.
Is that in the rules?? Let me check

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OH. Only 2 Mason cards on the list indeed. :(

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”