catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by catboi »

UNVOTE:

Meh, not really ready to have someone at E-1 just yet. Read hasn't moved significantly on GeneralWu but I have some reservations.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by T3 »

Anti-town in a newbie doesn't mean scum. It's his first game.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

VOTE: UNVOTE

stopping an early hammer will post in a few mins thoughts
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

VOTE: GeneralWu

Hadn't finished reading and didn't see catboi unvote.
My thoughts: GeneralWu has generally done nothing to try to find scum this game, the closest to their "scumreads" is questioning why poeple think other people are towny. Now they jump to the defense of another player that realistically would not be voted out nor has done anything worthy of being townread.
Honestly it seems like GeneralWu is either scum that is paired with shwinnebago.

I would ask to not put people to E-1 though, as the longer this day goes on, the more informed decisions we can make.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 98, catboi wrote:
In post 90, Save The Dragons wrote:GeneralWu just seems to be trying to pocket people, i'll hold off on voting though as it looks like they're E-2
Hmm, where do you see him as trying to "pocket" anyone? I don't really get that feeling from his play at all.
maybe pocket is a strong word but generalwu is calling people out as town based on what i think is not enough evidence
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:25 pm

In post 102, catboi wrote:I prefer that to someone who spams a bunch of one-liners
oof
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by T3 »

catboi I will not disclose my read on.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:26 pm

In post 115, Roden wrote:
In post 109, shwinnebego wrote:I’ll post more complete reads eventually. I didn’t realize that each game day was a week tbh

Home forum is breadnroses, game days are usually a day

Range of high chaos to vanilla but we skew high chaos
You're used to 24 hour games but then you disappeared for over 36 hours? Doesn't really add up to me.

VOTE: Shwinnebego
VOTE: roden this feels opportunistic to me
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by T3 »

VOTE: Roden
I'll be opportunistic and vote someone for opportunism.
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by navigatorv »

In post 126, T3 wrote:Anti-town in a newbie doesn't mean scum. It's his first game.
Except it isn't
In post 22, shwinnebego wrote:I've played 8 games on my 'home' forum and became curious about how it looks elsewhere.
It may be his first game on here, but 8 games is more than enough to know ways to play to help town.
Honestly the fact that they've gone dark again when people start questioning them is definitely setting off some alarm bells in my head. I understand that life can be busy, but if that's the case, why not just say that? Instead their only defense is that their old games had the days go shorter? I have to agree with Roden that it just doesn't make any sense.

VOTE: shwinnebego
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:26 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 122, GeneralWu wrote:I don't think shwinniebego's inactivity is scummy. Usually, people who don't post that much might just be busy

I think shwinniebego probably just doesn't know exactly what's going on, and I wouldn't attack him this soon.

Besides, where did shwinniebego lie?
I don't understand why you'd rather infantlize someone than at the very least question them. We can't get anywhere if you just make excuses for people who vibe read three random people as scum and don't bother explaining why.
In post 123, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 121, Roden wrote:I don't normally switch my vote up this much. But if you don't want to pressure scummy activity, then pressuring you instead seems like the only way to get this game going.
This sounds like "kill shwinniebego or die".
No? I was literally the only vote on him and I didn't even tell you to vote for him. But if you're giving off scum vibes and defending other people who are doing the same, it doesn't look good. Who are we supposed to vote for if you want to shut down pressure on everyone else?
GeneralWu wrote: I wanna add that if he keeps doing what he's been doing, then that's suspicious. Since this is his first game on this forum, I think he's just getting used to everything; but if he continues to not provide any evidence for any of his claims, then that raises some red flags.
That's what I'm saying. I didn't demand his immediate execution, his posts just pinged me and I gave a reason for why I think he should be pressured.
T3 wrote:Anti-town in a newbie doesn't mean scum. It's his first game.
I'm not saying he's 100% scum, and I'm not even being particularly aggressive about this. I think he can handle a little bit of suspicion throw his way, if he's town his response should easily clear things up.
Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 115, Roden wrote:
In post 109, shwinnebego wrote:I’ll post more complete reads eventually. I didn’t realize that each game day was a week tbh

Home forum is breadnroses, game days are usually a day

Range of high chaos to vanilla but we skew high chaos
You're used to 24 hour games but then you disappeared for over 36 hours? Doesn't really add up to me.

VOTE: Shwinnebego
VOTE: roden this feels opportunistic to me
How??? It's one vote my dude, it wasn't on a wagon and didn't even turn into a wagon. What opportunity could I possibly be taking advantage of here?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:21 am

Post by catboi »

My feeling on shwinnebago's first read was newbie jumping in with an underexplained scumread on a player who wasn't discussed much is +town. That was undercut by him then accusing a bunch of people in short succession, but I'm fairly sure those accusations aren't really serious, given it was on 4 people for basically nothing. I think I have a tendency to read that sort of trollish playing as town, although that isn't inherently true, that kind of play
can
come from scum that simply doesn't care. My lean right now is toward town but that's a very slight guess.

Roden's vote on shwinnebago pinged me in the same way it did save the dragons - "opportunistic" isn't quite the words I'd use to describe it, but it felt
off
- more like it was a jump on someone who is playing "weird" rather than scummy, the kind of square peg/round hole that makes for easy misyeet fodder in newbie games. I don't find the reasoning about them being inactive particularly compelling - in particular, if someone is not used to checking the site regularly because they're not an obsessive like me, they can easily forget to post. I've been in enough newbie games to know that people from sites with higher activity often simply get bored. So, to me Roden's vote felt like a bit of a "gotcha" that I'd expect to see from scum here. I wasn't particularly a fan of the quick pivot to generalwu, who happens to be the leading wagon, either.
That
felt opportunistic.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:23 am

Post by catboi »

I do think at this point I'm pretty comfortable with calling MegAzumarill town, they're doing the things I expect of a newer player who is legitimately scumhunting and trying to move the game forward.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:57 am

Post by catboi »

Cold meta skim suggests there's a decent chance Roden is scum here~
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:14 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 117, navigatorv wrote:You say to take your word for it, but aren't really making a compelling argument. Are you just grasping at straws or are you just going off of gut-feeling and insisting everyone agree with them?
It's the latter.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:14 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 117, navigatorv wrote:You say to take your word for it, but aren't really making a compelling argument. Are you just grasping at straws or are you just going off of gut-feeling and insisting everyone agree with them?
It's the latter.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:15 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 134, navigatorv wrote:
In post 126, T3 wrote:Anti-town in a newbie doesn't mean scum. It's his first game.
Except it isn't
In post 22, shwinnebego wrote:I've played 8 games on my 'home' forum and became curious about how it looks elsewhere.
It may be his first game on here, but 8 games is more than enough to know ways to play to help town.
Honestly the fact that they've gone dark again when people start questioning them is definitely setting off some alarm bells in my head. I understand that life can be busy, but if that's the case, why not just say that? Instead their only defense is that their old games had the days go shorter? I have to agree with Roden that it just doesn't make any sense.

VOTE: shwinnebego
I have indeed been busy, and I'm finding it tough to remain interested in this game Day 1.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 am

Post by shwinnebego »

VOTE: catboi vibe shift
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 am

Post by shwinnebego »

My playstyle is too powerful for this forum
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:29 am

Post by shwinnebego »

I imagine people are going to ask me to justify my vote and provide evidence and so on.

So here is my justification:

I am voting for catboi because I think catboi is evil.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:58 am

Post by catboi »

Sigh. I can sense you're going to be a lot of fun to deal with.
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:02 am

Post by navigatorv »

That'll be a big ole yikes from me, chief
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:21 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 145, catboi wrote:Sigh. I can sense you're going to be a lot of fun to deal with.
:P
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:23 am

Post by shwinnebego »

If my playstyle is interfering with your having fun, or if you are town-aligned and think my playstyle is unhelpful for town, then you can certainly quorum me to solve the problem! It won't help you quorum a wolf though.

That said, I do think that quoruming me would provide a decent amount of information right now, given that I have managed to elicit reactions from at least catboi, GeneralWu, navigatorv, and maybe someone else who I've forgotten about (can't really be bothered to go back and read carefully).

So preemptively, you're welcome!

That said the day doesn't end for like 10 more years so a lot is likely to transpire in the intervening period.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:30 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”