catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 500, shwinnebego wrote:catboi - went to some lengths to not vote T3
I would like to clarify that Iwas not going to any lengths to not vote T3, the only reason I did not vote him was because I thought he was confirmed scum who attempted to self-hammer and failed. I refrained from voting in the hopes we could discuss and partner hunt further while all the townies were alive. I suppose that's egg on my face, but I really did believe he was conf-scum at that point in time. I probably hammer soone if I know he's town and think there's any possibility he might escape.

In general, I find on/off wagon reasoning to not be the most valuable - in one of my games there was an all-town elimination wagon on town on day 1. However, I don't, in principle, disagree with your vote here and feel at this point STD hasn't gotten enough heat.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 423, T3 wrote:Look for who was extremely confused at the mason claim and I guarantee you you'll find scum.
Re-reading T3's ISO to try to figure out what the hell happened and this stands out to me now that we know his flip. I think this is where we need to look.
catboi wrote:
In post 521, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 520, catboi wrote:
In post 433, Save The Dragons wrote:i guess it's just T3 here? i don't really see a good reason why town!T3 claims mason tbh.
Actually, here's a take: this is a post coming from someone who knows T3 will flip town.

VOTE: Save the Dragons
How come?
The language is almost too passive, it doesn't have the feeling I and other people did where we really jumped on T3 for fakeclaiming, it's kind of quizzical in the "oh huh why is he doing this", like he knows T3 isn't scum but has to push him anyway.
Tentative mindmeld.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Roden »

Schwin/StD is too easy of a hero solve for me because otherwise they made their buddying way too blatant. I think we have a good chance of flipping scum within these two though.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 357, catboi wrote:stray thought, but was looking back at votecounts because I wasn't sure if who had/hadn't been pushing generalwu, and that wagon feels pure?
I meant to ask this yesterday, but what did you mean by 'pure', in this context?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 528, Val89 wrote:
In post 357, catboi wrote:stray thought, but was looking back at votecounts because I wasn't sure if who had/hadn't been pushing generalwu, and that wagon feels pure?
I meant to ask this yesterday, but what did you mean by 'pure', in this context?
In the sense that everyone who voted generalwu yesterday, at least on the initial wagon (Roden, Meg, me, T3) is either a townread or confirmed town to me

And while, yes, I just said the idea of all-town wagon composition meaning the target must be scum is a fallacy...I have to wonder, if GeneralWu is town, why weren't scum pushing on him at all? That is making a lot of assumptions, though. The primary reason for a vote should always be things in-thread and I think dragons is scummier in my view.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Val89 »

Given the curveball we've been thrown, I don't think we need to rush this one, but in principle, I am also happy starting with StD, for much the same reasons as have come up already. As of this moment, GeneralWu would be my second choice for today.

I think I'll sleep on it before I put down the vote though.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 513, GeneralWu wrote:Catboi doesn't unvote me when shwinnie threatens to hammer. I get hammered and I flip town. People now get suspicious of shwinnie because he hammered a townie for no reason.
In the world where {Catboi, Shwinn} are the scum team, why does catboi play around his partner like that in the main thread in full view of everyone and allow you to draw conclusions like that, instead of saying "Oi, shwinn; don't you dare hammer here!" in the scum PT?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 523, catboi wrote:
In post 433, Save The Dragons wrote:i guess it's just T3 here? i don't really see a good reason why town!T3 claims mason tbh.
Actually, here's a take: this is a post coming from someone who knows T3 will flip town.

How come?
The language is almost too passive, it doesn't have the feeling I and other people did where we really jumped on T3 for fakeclaiming, it's kind of quizzical in the "oh huh why is he doing this", like he knows T3 isn't scum but has to push him anyway.
he was at E-1, if he wasn't i would have added a vote
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:48 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 525, catboi wrote:
In post 500, shwinnebego wrote:catboi - went to some lengths to not vote T3
I would like to clarify that Iwas not going to any lengths to not vote T3, the only reason I did not vote him was because I thought he was confirmed scum who attempted to self-hammer and failed. I refrained from voting in the hopes we could discuss and partner hunt further while all the townies were alive. I suppose that's egg on my face, but I really did believe he was conf-scum at that point in time. I probably hammer soone if I know he's town and think there's any possibility he might escape.

In general, I find on/off wagon reasoning to not be the most valuable - in one of my games there was an all-town elimination wagon on town on day 1. However, I don't, in principle, disagree with your vote here and feel at this point STD hasn't gotten enough heat.
Hm - okay, this is a reasonable defense
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:56 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 503, Val89 wrote:There were 5 T3 voters, and catboi was one of them. If I recall, he was first to join me on the wagon. I think you are just plain wrong when you say catboi went to some lengths to avoid a T3 vote.

In any case i didn't say that I thought scum didn't vote T3 after the Mason claim - that can't be what I was saying, can it, because you voted T3 and you are in my pool of suspicion. I said I found it suspicious that people were townreading or showing that they were considering the possibility that T3 was still town after everything he did, which smelt like TMI.

It's a stuble distinction, but an important one, because what I actually said puts you squarely in the crosshairs, and what you misrepresentated me as saying clears you, and I'm wondering if that was the intent...

I'm cool with being in the crosshairs. Either way, yeah, your actual assessment is the one I agree with - folks who townread T3 despite his actions felt like the knew something the rest of us didn't perhaps. Not sure that I fall into that category but I can't really remember what I said.

In light of this, like I said, if someone less lazy than I wants to dig up people's justifications for voting (or not voting) T3 - and please pick the ones that are closer to the end, and ideally after the mason claim - that could be helpful. Prior to that there's a lot of noise.

I do think that Val is playing in a way that I would read as townie, but I don't know his meta and this could totally be wolf playing as hard-nosed. After all, any townie in their right mind would have assumed T3 was scum and pushed hard for it. On the other hand, Val sussing me as hard as he is suggests to me that he is town, since a wolf wouldn't want to go so hard at town.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:04 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 526, Roden wrote:
In post 423, T3 wrote:Look for who was extremely confused at the mason claim and I guarantee you you'll find scum.
Re-reading T3's ISO to try to figure out what the hell happened and this stands out to me now that we know his flip. I think this is where we need to look.
catboi wrote:

How come?
Tentative mindmeld.
Yeah I feel this.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:12 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 529, catboi wrote:
In post 528, Val89 wrote:
In the sense that everyone who voted generalwu yesterday, at least on the initial wagon (Roden, Meg, me, T3) is either a townread or confirmed town to me
Why? Lotsa folks were voting Wu yesterday, seems like it would be an easy thing for anyone to do. If you would, please enlighten me (in simple language, please, remember, small brain here) as to why the initial Wu voters are townie.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:13 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 530, Val89 wrote:Given the curveball we've been thrown, I don't think we need to rush this one, but in principle, I am also happy starting with StD, for much the same reasons as have come up already. As of this moment, GeneralWu would be my second choice for today.

I think I'll sleep on it before I put down the vote though.
I will say I am surprised that my analysis of the game has converged with Val's, a player whose playstyle felt so diametrically opposed to mine early on.

I don't know what to make of this, but I am naming it.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:44 am

Post by shwinnebego »

After this exchange, on second look, catboi is looking really good. If he's a wolf, my hat goes off to him for the foresight required to play this situation in the way that he played it.

Anyway, my top quorum choice remains SaveTheDragons followed by General Wu

It gets fuzzier beyond that, but I think catboi may well be at the bottom of my list. With the "if you're a wolf my hat goes off to you" caveat
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:45 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 527, Roden wrote:Schwin/StD is too easy of a hero solve for me because otherwise they made their buddying way too blatant. I think we have a good chance of flipping scum within these two though.
I'd probably be better off not responding to this since it doesn't really matter but, if I'm not mistaken the 'buddying' was pretty much unilateral, aka me commending StD's chill playstyle in an otherwise aggro game. Conversely, I don't recall StD saying anything to buddy up to me, but correct me if I'm wrong.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:44 am

Post by shwinnebego »

Effort post time, fuckos! Let's start around the mason claim but before my negation of it:

In post 357, catboi wrote:
In post 175, GuyInFreezer wrote:GeneralWu (4): Roden, MegAzumarill, catboi, T3
Here, we have catboi's claim that the Wu wagon is 'pure' - strange, but not indicative of anything on its own

stray thought, but was looking back at votecounts because I wasn't sure if who had/hadn't been pushing generalwu, and that wagon feels pure? I don't think that's a fool-proof metric as I've seen and been part of an all-town wagon on town, but that was partly motivated by deadline pressure and this decidedly wasn't. Will think more tomorrow.
And her, we have navigator and Val being on the same page. Good for Val.
In post 358, navigatorv wrote:Personally I'm with Val; I don't quite buy T3 being a mason on just his word alone. I'd like to hear from Shwin before making any judgements about lynching
So obviously T3 and I are not scum buddies, and this entire logic doesn't really work since T3 flipped Town. But, I think that Roden's approach to speculation here seems like a couple degrees of galaxy brain downstream from a *geunine* presumption that T3 was Evil, that it puts Roden into TOWN territory for me.
In post 359, Roden wrote:
In post 329, Roden wrote:I have a theory about T3 that formulated when I went to bed last night, but idk if I want to pursue it.

I said earlier that I think Shwinn was either scum claiming or troll claiming. And if he's troll claiming, he's likely a PR. In this scenario, I have a feeling T3 is his buddy, due to the way both are acting and reacting, but also because of a gut feeling.

Which to me, means they're either scum buddies or Masons.

Like I said, I'm hesitant to pursue this. Either I'm making a huge hero solve or this ends in disaster because I'm outting both Masons. I think they both have had scummy behavior, but if they're doing it on purpose to avoid getting NK'd I'm gonna be so sad.
In post 341, T3 wrote:Or... maybe I'm literally masons with shwinn.
You ever get hyped about being right and then get sad that you were right at the same time
In post 360, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 357, catboi wrote:
In post 175, GuyInFreezer wrote:GeneralWu (4): Roden, MegAzumarill, catboi, T3
stray thought, but was looking back at votecounts because I wasn't sure if who had/hadn't been pushing generalwu, and that wagon feels pure? I don't think that's a fool-proof metric as I've seen and been part of an all-town wagon on town, but that was partly motivated by deadline pressure and this decidedly wasn't. Will think more tomorrow.
Which was motivated by deadline pressure and which wasn't?
When they were all voting me, there was still a lot of time left. :?
Here, a bit apropos nothing, Roden notes that StD is likely town based on meta. This is unconvincing to me, as I imagine StD would play similarly as a wolf too. Roden reads town to me still. If we flip StD and StD is evil, I'll have another look.
In post 361, Roden wrote:
In post 352, MegAzumarill wrote:I would like to suggest switching on StD or GeneralWu whenever shwin confirms the masonry.
This is where I'm at right now. Masons might actually just make this easier if we can narrow it down this much before Day 2.
In post 362, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 358, navigatorv wrote:Personally I'm with Val; I don't quite buy T3 being a mason on just his word alone. I'd like to hear from Shwin before making any judgements about lynching
Personally, I also wouldn't believe T3's claim alone either, and I agree that we can't 100% believe T3 without shwinnie's word. I don't think it's very good to pretend to scumread your mason partner...

And T3, if you're fakeclaiming as town, though you say it's NAI for you, it's a bad move for town...

But assuming T3 and shwinnie are masons:
My pool is everybody except myself, catboi, std, and the masons for today.

I think std is town; I checked his other games and he usually just doesn't post anything more than one-liners and stuff as town.
And here, Val suggests a high degree of understanding the implications of the situation that we are in - an analysis that made zero sense to me at the time (sorry, dumb noob) but in retrospect makes a ton of sense - townie points for Val:
In post 363, Val89 wrote:
In post 344, Val89 wrote:The very next person who needs to weigh in on this next is exactly Shwinn.
Look, I know this is a newbie game, and I can't be too cross with you all as a result, but Jesus H Christ - was that not spelt out clearly enough?

This gambit only works if you all open your mouths and start speculating what you will do "if if proves T3 is a mason", which is as good as saying "I'm not the PR you looking for for" as far as letting scum know who T3s hidden partner should be targeting for the NK when and if schwin comes along as says "Hold up, I'm no Mason!".

Schwin needs to come along and tell us whats up. Just Schwin. Do us a favour and chill out until that happens. There are 3 days left, and even if you personally beleive the Mason claim, that gives you time to pivot once schwin has posted.
Hindsight is 20/20, but T3 was correct here - of course, I still have no idea why T3 did this whole gambit other than to give us a buncha wine in front of us to point at and speculate over today
In post 364, T3 wrote:If I'm scum fakeclaiming then mechanically I'm in autoloss.
In post 365, Val89 wrote:Only is both schwin is your partner, and also actually claims to be a Mason with you before the CC.

Folks, T3 knows this - don't be taken in it by it. Wait for schwin before any more of you basically claim VT.
my counter claim...
In post 368, shwinnebego wrote:Hi. I am extremely not in a mason chat with anyone.

AND Val's response. Val, just to be absolutely clear, do you also think that the T3 town flip tends to paint catboi as town?
In post 370, Val89 wrote:What a shock.

You heard it here first, folks - I'm pretty sure catboi is T3s scumbuddy.

Details to follow, but I'm on my phone right now.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:46 am

Post by shwinnebego »

Dammit I forgot to comment on the General Wu quotes.

Put it this way: I am very interested in hearing a comprehensive assessment of the gamestate (that doesn't mean long-winded, however you prefer to communicate is fine - I think there are many just fine ways to share information and analysis in this game) from exactly General Wu and SaveTheDragons

Please share your thoughts. Why did T3 fakeclaim? What do you make of the folks who voted for him? Of the folks who didn't? Who do you think is most likely to be evil right now, and why? Cheers friends!
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 540, shwinnebego wrote:Here, a bit apropos nothing, Roden notes that StD is likely town based on meta.
He does? Where? :?
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 542, Val89 wrote:
In post 540, shwinnebego wrote:Here, a bit apropos nothing, Roden notes that StD is likely town based on meta.
He does? Where? :?
goddammit it was in there somewhere i must have fucked up the quoting
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 362, GeneralWu wrote:
Personally, I also wouldn't believe T3's claim alone either, and I agree that we can't 100% believe T3 without shwinnie's word. I don't think it's very good to pretend to scumread your mason partner...

And T3, if you're fakeclaiming as town, though you say it's NAI for you, it's a bad move for town...

But assuming T3 and shwinnie are masons:
My pool is everybody except myself, catboi, std, and the masons for today.

I think std is town; I checked his other games and he usually just doesn't post anything more than one-liners and stuff as town.
Nope, that wasn't Roden at all - it was GEneral Wu. my mistake.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by shwinnebego »

Come to think of it, yeah that logic "I think std is town; I checked his other games and he usually just doesn't post anything more than one-liners and stuff as town." doesn't pass the sniff test for me.

Making a poor argument isn't inherently scummy in my view (that would be rich coming from a half-baked non-rigorous poster like me), more just saying I strongly disagree with it.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

Actually I now agree that StD is just a hard-to-read low poster; he's not necessarily towny based on meta.
I can't actually find anything besides meta to show that he's towny.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 541, shwinnebego wrote:Dammit I forgot to comment on the General Wu quotes.

Put it this way: I am very interested in hearing a comprehensive assessment of the gamestate (that doesn't mean long-winded, however you prefer to communicate is fine - I think there are many just fine ways to share information and analysis in this game) from exactly General Wu and SaveTheDragons

Please share your thoughts. Why did T3 fakeclaim? What do you make of the folks who voted for him? Of the folks who didn't? Who do you think is most likely to be evil right now, and why? Cheers friends!
I don't know why T3 fake claimed.
But since you disproved T3's claim, T3 was guaranteed to be the lynch that day, so it's hard to distinguish who's towny and scummy based on votes alone.

I do find Meg suspicious because of this post, which I'm gonna quote right now.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 507, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 279, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: SavetheDragons

I dislike eliminating shwinniebego here for a few reasons.
1. The first is that I find it likely that if they are a town, they are probably a PR ( or doing some WIFOM thing). I would not want to out them if they are so.
2. I think that their flip doesn't give us much information. Either they are a town that has very much struggled adapting to the meta on this site, or they flip scum, which would be a very attractive bus on a new player. Either way we don't learn much about other players.
3. I honestly don't scumread them that much, they seem too apart from the norm of mafia games like this, so I think their behavior is NAI.
4. I feel that their input will generate discussion that could end up being useful to town.

Instead I feel like StD is a better vote, they overall don't provide much to town.

Shwinniebego, you should post your input if you feel like you need to say something, it will both help you get better and may help town.

I would like StD to post their reads and contribute a bit more substance. It doesn't really matter if you can't post often, but at least try to post something that is useful when you do.

And T3 appears to be avoiding confronting the accusation made at him by Val89, although the accusation doesn't hold a whole lot of weight imo.
I still find it strange how Meg said that shwinnie might be able to "generate discussion that could end up being useful to town", then shwinnie immediately changed his playstyle.
In post 486, MegAzumarill wrote:I will cast the hammer tomorrow if noone has any objections, if you do, say it now. (And i know you have questions but its late for me RN and I don't want to get into it tonight or on mobile) -_('-')_- I also don't find it relevant if I get nked, and if i don't i can always discuss on day 2.
Also, I reread the end of day 1 and I found this post, which seems odd because Meg wants to hammer despite saying "I know you have questions".
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 24, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: GeneralWu

Shifting off of Val because they will be away for the time being, and also because GeneralWu seems more concerned with semi- relevant at best posts.
Give some thoughts about the game in your posts. Or at least a vote. -_('-')_-
I understand its D1, and you are asking questions, but going forward, it will be better to ask or answer those questions with some actual info, provided something of note has happened.
As for T3, I would avoid shifting votes without an actual reason, it is the only legitimately scummy thing you have done so far imo.
Meg was pretty quick to attack me during RVS. I can see this as trying to move the game along, but in the beginning of the game, there really isn't much to talk about.
In post 45, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 43, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 42, catboi wrote:While this is technically true, it feels as though your content is aimed at discussing anything other than the game itself, and for page 2, that's fine enough for my vote.
I like going off topic during RVS.
It's sort of like the breakout rooms in Zoom school. Whenever you're in a breakout room with your friends, you never discuss the topic you're supposed to discuss.

The problem isn't that you are not particularly suspicious for doing so, but that being off topic damages town.
You can provide input to the game and still add to those conversations at the same time if you wish. But only going into those only benefits scum.
If you (GeneralWu) could go into your thoughts on the game at hand that would be great.
In the beginning of the game, it's more fun to go off topic.
In post 128, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: GeneralWu

Hadn't finished reading and didn't see catboi unvote.
My thoughts: GeneralWu has generally done nothing to try to find scum this game, the closest to their "scumreads" is questioning why poeple think other people are towny. Now they jump to the defense of another player that realistically would not be voted out nor has done anything worthy of being townread.
Honestly it seems like GeneralWu is either scum that is paired with shwinnebago.

I would ask to not put people to E-1 though, as the longer this day goes on, the more informed decisions we can make.
Meg is focused on attacking me for "not contributing". But questioning why people think other people are towny is one way of contributing. I defended shwinnie when Roden attacked him because at that time, I didn't think there was any reason to vote out shwinnie. I don't see why that's scummy behavior.
On the other hand, Meg doesn't attack any of the other non-contributors, most notably shwinnie. He just asks shwinnie to contribute more.
In post 180, MegAzumarill wrote:Welcome back Val, glad to hear what you have to say, a lot of it has good points
And what I meant in my earlier post was that it feels like GeneralWu wouldn't have had enough information to realistically want to defend swhinniebago as quickly as she did.
Thus I SR both of them as partners.
Although I still think GeneralWu is a good hang here, after shwinnie has posted more they seem very untrusting. (i.e. they only had 2 TR and 6 SR)
This feels a lot more townie than scummy, although I disagree with quite of few of their reads.
I would like StD and Wu to contribute more to the conversation though.
I didn't defend shwinnie because I thought he was towny. If you read my posts, you can see that I simply thought shwinnie wasn't scummy. Not scummy ≠ towny.
In post 206, MegAzumarill wrote:shwinniebego, just stop with this hammer nonsense. We do not want D1 to end yet. Think about what happens if you hammer. Not only do we lose a power role if GeneralWu is one, we also lose a few days of discussion (which can be quite helpful as our total discussion in the game is on a soft limit) We also have the most on track person silenced for the rest of the game (ala nightkill.) It doesn't really matter what GeneralWu is, we don't want them hung until later.
I understand you may scumread catboi from unvoting there is the objectively best move for town.

As a general note, voting is used for pressure to get discussion out of a player, but hammering will cut off that discussion which is the point of the vote anyway.
The problem with voting for pressure is that many players know they won't be hammered early in the game, making pressure votes essentially pointless.
In post 279, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: SavetheDragons

I dislike eliminating shwinniebego here for a few reasons.
1. The first is that I find it likely that if they are a town, they are probably a PR ( or doing some WIFOM thing). I would not want to out them if they are so.
2. I think that their flip doesn't give us much information. Either they are a town that has very much struggled adapting to the meta on this site, or they flip scum, which would be a very attractive bus on a new player. Either way we don't learn much about other players.
3. I honestly don't scumread them that much, they seem too apart from the norm of mafia games like this, so I think their behavior is NAI.
4. I feel that their input will generate discussion that could end up being useful to town.

Instead I feel like StD is a better vote, they overall don't provide much to town.

Shwinniebego, you should post your input if you feel like you need to say something, it will both help you get better and may help town.

I would like StD to post their reads and contribute a bit more substance. It doesn't really matter if you can't post often, but at least try to post something that is useful when you do.

And T3 appears to be avoiding confronting the accusation made at him by Val89, although the accusation doesn't hold a whole lot of weight imo.
Meg says that shwinnie could possibly contribute and help town, but he scumreads me for not contributing. This is suspicious.
In post 383, MegAzumarill wrote:I'm still thinking StD may be scum, you guys keep saying that him posting one liners and such is normal, that doesn't really make him seem townie in my eyes. At best it is NAI.
I would really like them to share reads, especially since if they get Nked we will lose that input forever.

We aren't hammering yet because we can still get meaningful discussion done before the hammer falls.
In post 486, MegAzumarill wrote:I will cast the hammer tomorrow if noone has any objections, if you do, say it now. (And i know you have questions but its late for me RN and I don't want to get into it tonight or on mobile) -_('-')_- I also don't find it relevant if I get nked, and if i don't i can always discuss on day 2.
I also find it strange how you said you wanted you wanted StD to share reads since if he gets NKed we'd lose his input, but later you said that you didn't find it relevant if you got NKed. Your last post before your hammer on day 1 sounds super strange and suspicious.
In post 498, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: GeneralWu

I think my general d1 suspicions toward them haven't diminished, and shwinniebego brought up a good point about how the vote on them dissolved yesterday despite them saying nothing at E-1.
Let's get this show on the road.

Also I'm on V/LA but I'll make sure to check in once a day if able.

Also what the actual frick T3.
You can't scumread me just because other people unvoted me at E-1. Look back and you'll see that caboi unvoted me when shwinnie threatened to hammer out of boredom. You also can't scumread me for not saying anything at E-1. I remember pretty clearly that I was offline for that time I was at E-1; when I got back online, catboi had already unvoted me.

Notice how at first shwinnie didn't give much input, and the input initially gave didn't contain many good reasons. I find shwinnie's behavior pretty scummy, especially his posting at the beginning of the game. I also find it incredibly scummy for Meg to attack me for "not contributing" when I did contribute. Meg also didn't attack shwinnie for not contributing, even though in the beginning of the game he really didn't contribute.

I do find shwinnie less suspicious now since he is trying his best to find scum even though his reasons aren't that good. However, I think Meg is scummy, and he seems to be buddying with shwinnie. I also find it suspicious how Meg made a big long post about why he didn't want to eliminate shwinnie, and then shwinnie immediately started contributing.

I recommend we get Meg first, and if he flips red, I'd recommend getting shwinnie.

VOTE: MegAzumarill

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”