Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:55 am

Post by Umlaut »

Prodge, going to catch up today but last I checked Meg hadn't done anything and was still on V/LA so.if there's a wagon there I hope it's for a better reason than that.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 74, Titus wrote:I actually mindmelded with Flubber but I take things very literally. So I am guessing that there's a tonal aspect to things.

I feel Umlaut flips scum here though.

VOTE: Umlaut

Happy Birthday. Sorry you got a red pm for it.
So pretty much from this post alone Flubber is probably TvT.

Titus saw a bit of herself in Flubber and is reacting emotionally in the moment rather than a strategic play.
Which also makes her read on Umlaut likely utter garbage.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:00 am

Post by Titus »

In post 476, MathBlade wrote:
In post 74, Titus wrote:I actually mindmelded with Flubber but I take things very literally. So I am guessing that there's a tonal aspect to things.

Titus saw a bit of herself in Flubber and is reacting emotionally in the moment rather than a strategic play.
Gee thanks. Nice to see you too.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 114, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 112, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 36, Umlaut wrote:A non-ridiculous reading is "there is something in Alchemist's posts that Seanzie didn't like and he's being coy about what exactly" and not "posting = bad," and I have a hard time believing the latter is really what you thought he meant even for a second.

More votes on Flub plz
so I don't think seanzie is literally scumreading someone for posting more. I think they're trying to manufacture a push and doing it poorly. so the only thing they could shade alchemist for was "posting". seems like I'm right too, because in elaborating, they're now saying things that are just...wrong
What do you think of my idea that Seanzie may have been testing to see who would try defending/pocketing me?
I think that if you had that idea you’d have pushed it rather than asking others about it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:03 am

Post by Titus »

Math, if you think I am town, we are ending the day on anyone not in my townblock. Thanks in advance.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 477, Titus wrote:

Nice to see you too.

Sorry I just woke up and probably could have wordsmithed that better but yeah that Umlaut vote is weird at best.

What do you make of my chaos/Alch/Aristeia theory?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 115, T3 wrote:
In post 36, Umlaut wrote:A non-ridiculous reading is "there is something in Alchemist's posts that Seanzie didn't like and he's being coy about what exactly" and not "posting = bad," and I have a hard time believing the latter is really what you thought he meant even for a second.

More votes on Flub plz
so I don't think seanzie is literally scumreading someone for posting more. I think they're trying to manufacture a push and doing it poorly. so the only thing they could shade alchemist for was "posting". seems like I'm right too, because in elaborating, they're now saying things that are just...wrong
What do you think of my idea that Seanzie may have been testing to see who would try defending/pocketing me?
That's a 400iq strat that people don't do.

After literally just losing to scum me where I did that strategy repeatedly.
Nope. People don’t do it. Not at all. Well thought out post. /sarcasm

I can’t tell if T3 is so bad he’s town or not.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 480, MathBlade wrote:
In post 477, Titus wrote:

Nice to see you too.

Sorry I just woke up and probably could have wordsmithed that better but yeah that Umlaut vote is weird at best.

What do you make of my chaos/Alch/Aristeia theory?
It's a theory I can roll with. Right now, I am willing to vote anyone not in my townblock.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:12 am

Post by T3 »

In post 481, MathBlade wrote:
In post 115, T3 wrote:

More votes on Flub plz
That's a 400iq strat that people don't do.

After literally just losing to scum me where I did that strategy repeatedly.
Nope. People don’t do it. Not at all. Well thought out post. /sarcasm

I can’t tell if T3 is so bad he’s town or not.
I'd just never heard of that lol
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Titus »

Titus is in the T3 fanclub.

P.S. Fypov, I'd vote chaos. It has momentum out of your picks.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 117, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1, tris wrote:IMPORTANT SPECIAL NOTE;
There are exactly three players in this game that have access to private topics.
This has been on my mind a bit, but have mods recently started putting info like this in their rulesets? This was an oddly specific detail to include and if there’s a neighborhood it means there’s a guaranteed scum in there.
Ewwww

This is terrible VOTE: Alchemist21

We don’t know Jack. I mean if there’s three scum then this post likely tells the truth.

Maybe scum don’t have a PT and have a discord instead? I have played a smaller game where this was the case. Reading that in the OP made me think what if no scum have a PT at all and made me want to join to see if this is the case.

I see no protown reason to bring this up. At best you’re right and risk outing PRs but at worst you leave an improper impression as scum won’t likely correct you.

Pedit: I don’t care about momentum right now. I care about catching up and feeling the vibes.
When I am and if chaos has momentum still then I may but voting for someone simply because they have momentum poisons my read. My goal isn’t to end the day it’s to elim the most likely scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:16 am

Post by MathBlade »

I have left a question for Tris about it to see what she says but I don’t like this setup spec out of nowhere.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Titus »

Either, we end this day in a hurry or we use a lot of words to say nothing. Stuff needs to be obfuscated.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 485, MathBlade wrote:Maybe scum don’t have a PT and have a discord instead? I have played a smaller game where this was the case. Reading that in the OP made me think what if no scum have a PT at all and made me want to join to see if this is the case.
for the record, don't think either of these things are within the realm or normalcy.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 487, Titus wrote:Either, we end this day in a hurry or we use a lot of words to say nothing. Stuff needs to be obfuscated.
Not any more it doesn’t. Assuming you’re town, you have just told scum there’s something to look for so there’s nothing to obfuscate unless you’re wrong. So I hereby say you’re wrong and there’s nothing to look for. Or you could have just let me continue my regular catch-up which sometimes buries things.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 488, Datisi wrote:
In post 485, MathBlade wrote:Maybe scum don’t have a PT and have a discord instead? I have played a smaller game where this was the case. Reading that in the OP made me think what if no scum have a PT at all and made me want to join to see if this is the case.
for the record, don't think either of these things are within the realm or normalcy.
Why not? Normal rules are about what roles are in the games.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game

Says nothing about whether scum have a PT or not.

And if we assume they do then the moderator telling us there is three scum isnt novel right?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:23 am

Post by Aristeia »

Apologies for my absence, I've had a busy weekend,

I shall catch up by tonight.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Titus »

In post 489, MathBlade wrote:
In post 487, Titus wrote:Either, we end this day in a hurry or we use a lot of words to say nothing. Stuff needs to be obfuscated.
Not any more it doesn’t. Assuming you’re town, you have just told scum there’s something to look for so there’s nothing to obfuscate unless you’re wrong. So I hereby say you’re wrong and there’s nothing to look for. Or you could have just let me continue my regular catch-up which sometimes buries things.
Why didn't you consider that I'm mindfucking you to look for things that don't exist so I have pointless content to engage with or I post while spamming to hide my partner's scumslip?

Stuff needs to be obfuscated lmao.

I could also be sarcastic partially.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:25 am

Post by Datisi »

normal rules are also about the mechanics, and keeping the game standard. "btw scum have no pt lol" is a slap in the face to both of those, but we can ask.

@mod, is it possible that the main mafia team has no access to what the game would consider a pt?

sorry, made an edit rather than quote >_<
Last edited by tris on Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:28 am

Post by Titus »

If I was modding, the scumteam would have a PT to be normal and treat discord as a feature not role related.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 492, Titus wrote:
In post 489, MathBlade wrote:
Why didn't you consider that I'm mindfucking you to look for things that don't exist so I have pointless content to engage with or I post while spamming to hide my partner's scumslip?

Stuff needs to be obfuscated lmao.

I could also be sarcastic partially.
Because a> I am townreading you right now
B> You can’t hide a slip because I always read everything in order so there’s no burying and you know this.
C> Meh you can be the queen of sarcasm for all I care. Take your throne milady
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 493, Datisi wrote:normal rules are also about the mechanics, and keeping the game standard. "btw scum have no pt lol" is a slap in the face to both of those, but we can ask.

@mod, is it possible that the main mafia team has no access to what the game would consider a pt?
If I was the mod, I wouldn’t answer any setup question publicly and asked the mod privately. Even if it’s as simple as it was posted two seconds ago to avoid interactions but I have asked tris this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:31 am

Post by Titus »

Well, if you're townreading me, why don't you trust me that all my babies need protecting?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:31 am

Post by Aristeia »

*waves at Mathblade*

: )
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 497, Titus wrote:Well, if you're townreading me, why don't you trust me that all my babies need protecting?
1>Because your reads so far seem to be emotionally based crap.
2> Just because you see something doesn’t mean scum will. Calling attention to something existing just makes scum hunt for it. Best to just not talk about it and hope it goes away.

Pedit:

Hi. I think you’re scum care to convince me you’re not?
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”