Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 2322, ManateeGal wrote:oh i just dont know how else i wouldve responded to the question. i dont think i outlined my reads as being based on others scumreads of me
Right.

It just happens that your scumreads are all players who scumread you.

I dunno. Maybe think about why or if that could be coloring your opinions. How confident are you in your scumreads?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

My absence was part laziness, part busyness, and part not wanting to comment 2 pages at a time 10 pages back

Unfortunately, I will be absent for a few hours until most normal people are asleep. I do want to talk to Unwnd and maybe LLD because I do not have 3 clean scumreads, and if it's not manatee then there are going to be a lot of problems in my reads.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 2323, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 2320, Snarky Fishes wrote:And ffs I've been waiting for over 48 hours for you dream-read.
If I could put it into words more than "he just feels off" I would have.
I don't feel like trying to talk you out of this, but I disagree. Not in a "ehhh I dunno, maybe he's having a bad week", way. In a "yeah, I reread stuff a couple times and I see where he's coming from, mostly" way.

There's a ton more content, but it kinda reminds me of my Quiet read in WH13.
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

well 8 out of the 13 players have expressed scumreads of some degree towards me? do you think given those numbers its that odd?
will be back eventually
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 2329, ManateeGal wrote:well 8 out of the 13 players have expressed scumreads of some degree towards me? do you think given those numbers its that odd?
How does the degree of their scumread of you map to the degree of your scumread of them?

I'm not trying to argue you out of these reads, but if it were me I'd be wanting to dig through my reasoning and make sure I've divorced my angst or irritation or whatever from what I see objectively.

I've had to do that in this game.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by Medea the Alien »

In post 2328, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 2320, Snarky Fishes wrote:And ffs I've been waiting for over 48 hours for you dream-read.
I don't feel like trying to talk you out of this, but I disagree. Not in a "ehhh I dunno, maybe he's having a bad week", way. In a "yeah, I reread stuff a couple times and I see where he's coming from, mostly" way.

Well, I can't make you talk me out of it. It's not like my non-vote is going anywhere.

Your "this was maybe a bad idea" post rings true, and it makes me sad because I certainly didn't expect the unretirement of Medea to go like this.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Here There Be Dragons »

In post 2329, ManateeGal wrote:well 8 out of the 13 players have expressed scumreads of some degree towards me? do you think given those numbers its that odd?
why are you keeping track
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 2331, Medea the Alien wrote:

Well, I can't make you talk me out of it. It's not like my non-vote is going anywhere.

Your "this was maybe a bad idea" post rings true, and it makes me sad because I certainly didn't expect the unretirement of Medea to go like this.
Peng doesn't deserve a restart like this one.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:16 pm

In post 2333, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 2331, Medea the Alien wrote:

Peng doesn't deserve a restart like this one.
And yet here I am like that one xkcd. Sitting in bed as she sleeps peacefully because people are being wrong on the internet and I'm helpless to change it or function thanks to our old mutual friend insomnia.

Heck, I can't even chat up the usual suspects that are up right around now because they're in this game and too risky to cross the ongoings line.

Maybe I'll just shoot the shit here ama but nothing that involves more than three brain cells at once.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

heh.

I've been thinking about 1436 tonight.
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:24 pm

anyway hello we've spent the last a while attempting to sync

here's the abbreviated results

annie, snarky
LLD, lukewarm
aa9, manatee
dunn
, pooky,
titus
, spiffeh
unwnd

medea

italics denote areas of disagreement
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:24 pm

more to come
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:25 pm

but not like a ton more don't get excited
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

okay, so here's the deal

this game has made Rhea cry like 3 times already, and i'm kind of done watching people treat her like shit because she can't speak back.

shame on everyone who is pushing the narrative that rhea's scumreads are anything but genuine scum reads (unless you think she's scum, which, fine, whatever)

shame on everyone who won't give rhea the time of day as her own fucking person, or help her with her fucking access needs.

and especially shame on the people who keep, after MULTIPLE times, telling the fucking mute girl that she's not allowed or shouldn't get to fucking try and play a game of mafia without having to use words, because she's never GOTTEN to play ANY of our in person games, of which we have played thousands, because she CANNOT TALK.

She has basically zero motivation to re-enter this game and be made to cry again, and i'm really fucking upset myself.

this is rhea's game, so i'm not gonna be stepping in to play it for her, but rhea's basically done.

congratulations, you shattered her dreams

and you're sitting here bemoaning that the unretirement of Medea deserved a better game.

Have a nice night, sleep well with it.

-Niamh
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:26 pm

In post 1436, ManateeGal wrote:well in NQN i presented myself as fearful of other players and generally inexperienced with mafia. i dont think ive done either of those so far despite being upfront about feeling behind everyone else
???
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

Rhea, I'm really sorry if my sympathy for Peng hit a nerve. I can see why it would.

I've been receiving what you have to convey about the game passively, but I am receiving it.

I'll try to be more active in engaging you going forward.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by unwnd »

Nasty storm rolled through, not sure when power will be back
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I am going to break down why this post implys a wildly inconsistent thought process from Titus.
This post was written at 1:18 PM est
In post 2013, Titus wrote:@Annie, The reason why I played it the way I did is that it leaves scum with no good options.
Topic sentence. Titus is presenting this post as HER PLAN ALL ALONG. This is not her spur of the moment thing she did. This is "why she played it the way she did"
If we shard me and then I get enough shards to turn demonic, I am removed from the elimination pool.
If we give her a shard today, and THEN she gets enough shards to turn demonic. "Her plan all along" revolves around the idea that she needs more then one shard.
However, by not sharding me after I get sharded today, they are suggesting they want me in the elimination pool which indirectly suggests I am town.

The only move for them is to argue that I am not an FN to try and eliminate me before I get enough shards to become a demon. It forces them to tunnel me.
Not only does her plan involve getting more then 1 shard, her gambit actually HINGES on it. She gets one shard, and then forces the scum team to decide the pro/con of giving her the second shard. Like. This is the gambit she was making in asking for a shard...
This makes zero sense if Titus thought that she only needed one shard. There is no explanation that I can come up with to make this make sense.
If they do decide to demon me and then roleblock me, then that's resources that aren't spent on our investigates which means they get shots off. Plus, they'd risk being tracked and or watched as I'd be an ideal target for such investigations if they occurred.
A bit of a broken record here, but once again. "If
They
decide to demonize her following getting her first shard.

-----
Again, that post was made at 1:18 pm est.

At 1:45 pm est Titus is asked about the shard numbers that she needs
In post 2028, Titus wrote:
In post 2026, Snarky Fishes wrote:How many shards do you need to get the FN/become demonic again?
The default number. I have none now. I need to check the ruleset.
At 1:48 pm est Titus acknowledges that she originally thought that everyone needed 1 shard, but that now she is realizing that she needs 2
In post 2031, Titus wrote:
In post 2030, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 1970, Titus wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by a 1-sharder. We should all be one-sharders.
What did this mean?
I was supposing everyone only needed one shard to be demonic, since my role PM didn't say. There's talk of two shards being needed though.
At 1:51 Annie comes in with the confimation of needing 2 shards
In post 2032, Annie Edison wrote:
In post 2, borkjerfkin wrote:Unless otherwise specified, a player is considered "Demonic" if they have two or more shards, otherwise, they are classified as "Human". Players may start with 0 or more shards per their role
-----

Now, jump to when Titus started talking to me.
In post 2167, Titus wrote:I'm not sure when I figured it out. I was confused and probably thinking both simultaneously until Annie quoted the mod for me. There's no way I can know the exact post when I was first told. The mod got back to me right as Annie posted.
Titus claims that she became aware of the correct answer when Annie told her, which was around the same time that the mod confirmed it. So 1:51.
BUT, she outlined her whole "gambit" at 1:18. The time line does not make sense.

In Conclusion, there are major cognitive inconsistencies in her post explaining her gambit.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

HYPOTHESIS.

Titus is a dirty scum bag who needs 1 shard to be turned into a demon. At the start of the day, the scum team was gunning for a shard win, and she went for it. Post change, like pooky pointed out it was less of a priority -- Every thing after that was Titus playing on the back foot

I think that pooky had her dead to rights. But Titus needed to respond, because she cannot just say "welp, you got me. I stopped caring about the shard because that stopped looking like the best way for me to win"

Que . Notice She does not immediately say "pooky, you have activated my trap card," and reveal her gambit. In this post, she is just tries to talk her way out of the pooky vote. But pooky does not drop it

It is not until she is unable to talk pooky out of it and it looks like he might push her, that she reveals the "gambit" see post .

Also of note, Medea voting Titus did not activate her "gambit" but pooky's did. The difference? pooky is pushing her
because
of her interaction with the shard mechanic.

But now she is getting pressed about her "gambit." Pooky, the Dragons, and Annie all question her.

That is when Titus sits down and has to come up with a comprehensive outline to explain her gambit in a way that makes sense, given all of the questions. Que post .

New interesting thing to note, this new detailed gambit explanation actually has nothing to do with her original slayers gambit :dead:

/2029/2031 is her not taking into account that she had already revealed that she only needed one shard earlier, and is now back peddling again.

Also, this seems tonally off as well:

Spoiler:
In Titus's world with her gambit, she just trapped scum!pooky
In post 1983, Titus wrote:
In post 1978, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:see wasn't that way easier
If I outright claim, I don't net scum. It's a small contribution but it's useful in catching opportunistic votes, which I knew would happen.
Does this sound like someone who is talking to someone who just fell for they gambit? Or is this someone scrambling to make the thread believe her fake explanation for not going for the shard?
This is TO POOKY, the person she just "caught"
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2341, Snarky Fishes wrote:Rhea, I'm really sorry if my sympathy for Peng hit a nerve. I can see why it would.

I've been receiving what you have to convey about the game passively, but I am receiving it.

er, I know I said I'd limit posts, but Rhea is insistent that I make this point clear.

We were both put off that after all she had to go through, no one reached out to her the way you reached out to Peng/Cabd about that, but

Rhea doesn't begrudge you for reaching out to them? It should have just been both. Like, IDK. Everyone should have courtesy and stuff.

It's not what made Rhea cry, at least. I listed those.

Just wanna like... Rhea wanted me to be clear it was not a "Medea didn't deserve sympathy" thing
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

I've teed this up for Bell in our hydra chat, to see if he agrees with your analysis too.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:53 pm

I was like a quarter awake before reading that post wall by Luke and now I think the insomnia might win because my reaction was "fuck, this is plausible". And that means very very wrong and lost.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

This feels like an inopportune time that I dropped my case on Titus :/

Rhea, I hope that I have not been someone to make you feel unwelcome in that way. I am aware that I am not been actively engaging with you, so I am sorry if I have contributed to that feeling in any way

Like ffery, I have been following along with your posts, and keeping up with you. You even snaked your way into my town reads recently.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:57 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 2345, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2341, Snarky Fishes wrote:Rhea, I'm really sorry if my sympathy for Peng hit a nerve. I can see why it would.

er, I know I said I'd limit posts, but Rhea is insistent that I make this point clear.

We were both put off that after all she had to go through, no one reached out to her the way you reached out to Peng/Cabd about that, but

Rhea doesn't begrudge you for reaching out to them? It should have just been both. Like, IDK. Everyone should have courtesy and stuff.

It's not what made Rhea cry, at least. I listed those.

Just wanna like... Rhea wanted me to be clear it was not a "Medea didn't deserve sympathy" thing
I didn't realize things were getting to her, but I should have. I've been kinda in my own head trying to deal with some very me issues about this game. That's at least dissipating.

I'll try to do better.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”