HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 315, LicketyQuickety wrote:I keep feeling like alstro is not really doing much. I feel like they are just posting to post - like they know they have to post something so they do, but none of it is really convincing because of so much hedging language (which is usually a Scum tell).
Agree but I think thier content has been /towny/ enough.

My reads are pretty similar to except maybe havign strange as a tl, and margot to null
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 325, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 315, LicketyQuickety wrote:I keep feeling like alstro is not really doing much. I feel like they are just posting to post - like they know they have to post something so they do, but none of it is really convincing because of so much hedging language (which is usually a Scum tell).

My reads are pretty similar to except maybe havign strange as a tl, and margot to null
What are you seeing about Strange that is Townie? Hard for me to get a read there. Why did Margot move to Null?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 317, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 305, MargotRosa wrote:I don't know that LQ has done much to assuage my earlier suspicions. I feel like people backed down from the scum read mainly on the basis of it being a bit of a pile on, and the fact that once I spelled out what I saw as the difference between scum defensiveness and townie defensiveness it changed.
If I have your reasoning right for why I am Scum it is because my defensiveness changed after you said I was being defensive? And that just because the wagon developed doesn't mean I am Town? I can still be reasonable sometimes just like I can be defensive sometimes. When I explained to alstro that defensiveness isn't a Scum tell for me, the reached the conclusion that it is person dependent whereas you still think me being defensive is a Scum tell. I'm just trying to tell you here that being defensive isn't AI for me. Make of that what you will but it's true.
My point was more that this was the reason I saw that people backed down from SRing you. My reasoning has been detailed elsewhere, and my point was that you haven't done much to assuage those suspicions. You are far from LS for me, but definitely on my radar.
In post 311, HockeyFan wrote:Who do you think is partners with LQ?
Not sure lol. I really need to think through it all. GTMH, it's Alstro, but I honestly don't know, because they've been acting pretty Townie recently
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:36 pm

In post 298, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 292, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 285, StrangeMatter wrote:It’s not really a pattern from just one person if you ask me. It’s a pattern between two users from my experience and reading into a scum game where both T3 and Roden were scum.
Why do you think they would play it the exact same way again?
Just because you lose as scum doesn’t mean you can’t do that kind of stuff again at all, and thinking like that could end up with scum completely getting away with doing said risky play because it IS the play Town wouldn’t expect.
I just think that adds a lot of unnecessary WIFOM into the game. No reason to think the team is exactly T3 and Roden yet.

Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:40 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 324, alstroemerial wrote:For now, I'm going to VOTE: Egix to try to squeeze some more content out. Question for you: Has your read on LQ changed since given that they've been particularly active, and since the whole slip discussion?
I won't be able to sit down and form a comprehensive, updated read until I am back from visiting my grandparents today, but for the time being I will say that I don't think it's a good idea to yeet the top poster on D1 unless there is a very compelling case for them being scum, because if they flip town it's a huge blow.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 327, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 305, MargotRosa wrote:I don't know that LQ has done much to assuage my earlier suspicions. I feel like people backed down from the scum read mainly on the basis of it being a bit of a pile on, and the fact that once I spelled out what I saw as the difference between scum defensiveness and townie defensiveness it changed.
If I have your reasoning right for why I am Scum it is because my defensiveness changed after you said I was being defensive? And that just because the wagon developed doesn't mean I am Town? I can still be reasonable sometimes just like I can be defensive sometimes. When I explained to alstro that defensiveness isn't a Scum tell for me, the reached the conclusion that it is person dependent whereas you still think me being defensive is a Scum tell. I'm just trying to tell you here that being defensive isn't AI for me. Make of that what you will but it's true.
My point was more that this was the reason I saw that people backed down from SRing you. My reasoning has been detailed elsewhere, and my point was that you haven't done much to assuage those suspicions. You are far from LS for me, but definitely on my radar.
Not sure lol. I really need to think through it all. GTMH, it's Alstro, but I honestly don't know, because they've been acting pretty Townie recently
Is anyone able to explain why they Tr Austro (blame phone) in less vague terms than this? As of yet I am unconvinced.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:11 am

Post by T3 »

I don't know what to do rn
My reads are the same.
Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Clasko »

@Margot wrt your #305, I want to ask you where Egix and T3 place on your reads list update since you forgot to mention them?
Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Clasko »

Also wanna ask SM who their two strongest elimination candidates are rn for D1, and why?
I say two, because one is most likely me which you've hinted the potential reasons for in #279 and iterating that doesn't say much.
Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Clasko »

In post 330, Egix96 wrote:Is anyone able to explain why they Tr Austro (blame phone) in less vague terms than this? As of yet I am unconvinced.
... Nothing outside of gut, but I like them trying to get more information out of me by actually engaging, like, they aren't just making conclusions without follow-up, but I want to see more from them.
Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Clasko »

In post 308, Clasko wrote:I'll probably rearrange/update my reads list in #267 next time I check in because that post was kinda scattered towards the bottom, there.
This is still happening btw.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:42 am

Post by Egix96 »

Smh, looks worse now that I've reviewed LQ's posts and seen that he actually had a town lean on Clasko in .

On the other hand, I do get mild town feels from /, and as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions here if it just ends up all being for nothing.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:48 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 333, Clasko wrote:Also wanna ask SM who their two strongest elimination candidates are rn for D1, and why?
I say two, because one is most likely me which you've hinted the potential reasons for in #279 and iterating that doesn't say much.
I say Roden or you right now is my top two candidates for scum has to be you and the former is honestly better to flip than your slot. Roden elim. To me, getting some information involving the meta (of T3 and Roden) is probably more useful than eliminating you because of what some people here consider a slip.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:51 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

VOTE: Roden
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:52 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Even if this flips green it means we still have some sort of information, so either way I think this vote is fine.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:53 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 326, LicketyQuickety wrote:

What are you seeing about Strange that is Townie? Hard for me to get a read there. Why did Margot move to Null?
Its mainly a meta read: . As for Margot Null, im not seeing enough content from them atm, sure their content at the very beginning was townish
In post 330, Egix96 wrote:

In post 327, MargotRosa wrote:
Is anyone able to explain why they Tr Austro (blame phone) in less vague terms than this? As of yet I am unconvinced.
Idk man, its mainly vibes/tonal. I like and and thier recent content has been towny too
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:03 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: alstromerial
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:16 am

In post 339, StrangeMatter wrote:Even if this flips green it means we still have some sort of information, so either way I think this vote is fine.
That's really really bad. Don't lynch for info unless you are doing some sort of calculations for it (which I will be calculating things during NP).

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:32 am

In post 341, T3 wrote:VOTE: alstromerial
Another naked vote, bro.

StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:47 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 342, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 339, StrangeMatter wrote:Even if this flips green it means we still have some sort of information, so either way I think this vote is fine.
That's really really bad. Don't lynch for info unless you are doing some sort of calculations for it (which I will be calculating things during NP).
I already did think over this, and I believe that this is just a better person to eliminate just from how they have been doing as having scum-like intent to me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:55 am

In post 344, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 342, LicketyQuickety wrote:
I already did think over this, and I believe that this is just a better person to eliminate just from how they have been doing as having scum-like intent to me.
How much of your read on Roden is based on the Scum team being exactly T3/Roden? I mean. I could consider that if Roden/T3 flip Scum, but doing pre-flip is generally a bad idea.

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:56 am

Post by T3 »

alstro is PoE.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:56 am

Post by T3 »

Newbie games burn the soul.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:58 am

In post 346, T3 wrote:alstro is PoE.
What happened to Clasko?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:59 am

VOTE: Strange

For being uh... strange.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”