Newbie 2077 : The Curse of a Blue Diamond!! - Gameover

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:42 pm

Post by Uranus »

In post 149, kennyk wrote:One last thing before I get hammered (as I am quite sure this will be reason enough for someone to vote me). In case of my untimely death I would like my fellow townies to not only look at those who voted me but also at those who didn't vote me. I know it sounds like revenge and therefor I didn't wriite it directly after it occured to me. But cowsloveSushirolls kind of started the final bandwagon on me without even voting me. Could be he really was satisfied with my answer or he just wanted to be able to say 'What do you want? I didn't vote an innocent.' afterwards.

And now I am waiting for the Queen song 'Hammer to fall'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU5LMG3WFBw

There ya go
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:11 am

Post by Radical Rat »

UNVOTE:

To be clear, my vote stands in spirit. I just don't want scum quickhammering before anyone else gets to weigh in here.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:32 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Alright, so, here's my problem.

A prod post is, usually, profoundly NAI. If anything, it might just BARELY lean Town, because Mafia benefits from Town lurking, and are thus less likely to bring it up, but it usually isn't that deep.

This particular kind of overthinking though I believe is vastly more likely to come from scum than town. I don't really see a Townie being afraid that trying to prod a lurker would look scummy, and if they did I don't see them making a big show about it, probably, but not necessarily, just PMing it instead.

However, by your own admission, you did it publicly hoping to gain towncred off it, but then got too paranoid about it backfiring that you wound up overexplaining yourself. That's scum logic if ya ask me.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:35 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Also
@Uranus

Whenever you put someone at E-1, please announce it as such. Don't want someone coming along, not properly reading, deciding to hop on the wagon, and hammering early. And you don't want to give scum a potential defense for doing it on purpose.

Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:38 am

Post by Uranus »

In post 153, Radical Rat wrote:Also
@Uranus

Whenever you put someone at E-1, please announce it as such. Don't want someone coming along, not properly reading, deciding to hop on the wagon, and hammering early. And you don't want to give scum a potential defense for doing it on purpose.
aight mate, thanks for the advice

E-1
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:59 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 154, Uranus wrote:
In post 153, Radical Rat wrote:Also
@Uranus

aight mate, thanks for the advice
E-1
... can't ... resist ...

@ Uranus: I guess you didn't read the thread properly. After Radical Rats Unvote I am now 'only'
E-2
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:15 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 152, Radical Rat wrote:Alright, so, here's my problem.

A prod post is, usually, profoundly NAI. If anything, it might just BARELY lean Town, because Mafia benefits from Town lurking, and are thus less likely to bring it up, but it usually isn't that deep.

This particular kind of overthinking though I believe is vastly more likely to come from scum than town. I don't really see a Townie being afraid that trying to prod a lurker would look scummy, and if they did I don't see them making a big show about it, probably, but not necessarily, just PMing it instead.

However, by your own admission, you did it publicly hoping to gain towncred off it, but then got too paranoid about it backfiring that you wound up overexplaining yourself. That's scum logic if ya ask me.
It is true I might have been overthinking it. But I didn't post it to get towncred. Like I said, nobody else seemed to notice the lurker. That's why I posted it. Yes, to get a lurker posting is beneficent for town. And that's why I did what I did. But while I wrote that post I thought about how it could be understood and added the '@all' part. If that's overexplaining in your eyes: OK. I thought it to be overexplaining if I added the 4 scenario part.

So again someone is suggesting it is better to contribute little to nothing to the game than trying to lay out thought processes. You all know who benefits from less talk and information.
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:24 am

Post by cowsloveSushirolls »

In post 149, kennyk wrote:One last thing before I get hammered (as I am quite sure this will be reason enough for someone to vote me). In case of my untimely death I would like my fellow townies to not only look at those who voted me but also at those who didn't vote me. I know it sounds like revenge and therefor I didn't wriite it directly after it occured to me. But cowsloveSushirolls kind of started the final bandwagon on me without even voting me. Could be he really was satisfied with my answer or he just wanted to be able to say 'What do you want? I didn't vote an innocent.' afterwards.

by not defending you and only explaining why i thought you were town, i got two people to dig themselves into really deep holes

i have doubts that both of them are aligned with you
selling fuit gummy at an affordable price
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:29 am

it was at the cost of a bit of discussion from me but i think kenny vs floo looks a lot more towny from both sides than kenny vs radical/uranus
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:33 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 144, kennyk wrote:From a general point of view there are (as I see it) four different setups regarding the connection between Entellian and me that matter concerning my prod demand (btw. the prodding didn't happen yet).:
1. We are both mafia.
2. We are both mason.
3. I am mafia, he is not.
4. I am town but not co-mason to him.

To 1.: I would definitely have PMed the mod about the prod. No one else seems to miss Entellian so why should I point it out in public and draw a connection between us. Yes this argument could be turned into the opposit: Because I knew I could always claim this, I did make it public to look town.
To 2.: This scenario is an even more PM one. Not only would a public prod post make the other townies sus of Entellian and me being scum. It might even get mafia to think, that we might be masons and therefor a viable nightkill.
To 3.: A setup in which public posting might be an option. It might look townish to be concerned about another potential towny not posting. On the other hand it can easily backfire.
To 4.: I definitely don't know what role Entellian has in this scenario. As in setup 3 it might look townish or scummy depending on what the others believe.

Emphasis mine, this is what I interpreted to be your reason for posting publicly, which is, in both scenarios where you do this, "It might look townish." I'm not really sure how else to read this.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:40 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 156, kennyk wrote: So again someone is suggesting it is better to contribute little to nothing to the game than trying to lay out thought processes. You all know who benefits from less talk and information.
This is NOT what's happening here. I'm saying your particular thought processes are scummy, not the fact that you shared them.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Radical Rat »

People I'd like to hear from before putting my vote back:

Salsa (V/LA should be up today)
catboi
Entellian himself (though that may not be possible...)

And everyone else, of course, but those are the main ones.

kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:07 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 157, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:

by not defending you and only explaining why i thought you were town, i got two people to dig themselves into really deep holes

i have doubts that both of them are aligned with you
Allthough cowsloveSushirolls defends me (again), I slightly disagree with him. I know some of you might (again) say I am overthinking things and that it makes me look even scummier, but I will try explain nonetheless.
From his point of view he can't be sure if I am townie or scum (unless he is scum himself or we are both masons. Yes I cover my bases again). He seems to feel, that I might be one of the good guys (at least I read his posts like that).

If he is correct (and I know he is, but that's another thing), and I would be killed in this bandwagon, I don't see the deep holes. It might as well have been, that both are town and both really thought, they caught scum. It sure would be something to go for, but definitely no deep hole.

If he is wrong and I am scum (which I am not), they did everything right and there is absolutely no hole in sight for them.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:12 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 159, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 144, kennyk wrote:From a general point of view there are (as I see it) four different setups regarding the connection between Entellian and me that matter concerning my prod demand (btw. the prodding didn't happen yet).:
1. We are both mafia.
2. We are both mason.
3. I am mafia, he is not.
4. I am town but not co-mason to him.

To 1.: I would definitely have PMed the mod about the prod. No one else seems to miss Entellian so why should I point it out in public and draw a connection between us. Yes this argument could be turned into the opposit: Because I knew I could always claim this, I did make it public to look town.
To 2.: This scenario is an even more PM one. Not only would a public prod post make the other townies sus of Entellian and me being scum. It might even get mafia to think, that we might be masons and therefor a viable nightkill.
To 3.: A setup in which public posting might be an option. It might look townish to be concerned about another potential towny not posting. On the other hand it can easily backfire.
To 4.: I definitely don't know what role Entellian has in this scenario. As in setup 3 it might look townish or scummy depending on what the others believe.

Emphasis mine, this is what I interpreted to be your reason for posting publicly, which is, in both scenarios where you do this, "It might look townish." I'm not really sure how else to read this.
"it might look townish or scummy depending on what the others believe"
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:21 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 161, Radical Rat wrote:People I'd like to hear from before putting my vote back:

Salsa (V/LA should be up today)
catboi
Entellian himself (though that may not be possible...)

And everyone else, of course, but those are the main ones.
I absolutely agree with you, that hearing their point of view would be good. But why not from Save the Dragons (I just noticed that using just the first letters of those three words is no good way to shorten his name) or floo? They didn't respond to this matter either.

I sadly guess you are right about Entellian. And I think Salsa won't change her tripple vote on me either (maybe only by adding more votes. Maybe I am listening to Queen too much [is that even possible?], but it might be she just did what she did, because she's the 'Killer Queen').
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:23 am

Post by Uranus »

1: Oops, I guess its an
E-2
then
2: Salsa is gonna be on tomorrow not today
3: I think kenny is a little more town again now that he's spoken, but its only a little and rn it's our best viable lead imo

And yeah, we should hear from especially CATBOI and FLOO.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:27 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i think kennyk is town
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Uranus »

In post 166, Save The Dragons wrote:i think kennyk is town
Do you have thoughts on the arguments made by radical and others?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:24 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Effective immediately LicketyQuickety replaces Catboi
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:26 am

hoh shit

lickety replaced into a townslot, catboi called me cringe

dunno if i called that out already
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:28 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Vote Count 1-5
Save The Dragons
:
floo
: , kennyk
Entellian
:
kennyk
: floo, Salsabil Faria,, Uranus
Uranus
: LicketyQuickety,
cowsloveSushirolls
:Entellian
Salsabil Faria
: Save The Dragons,
Radical Rat
:
LicketyQuickety
: cowsloveSushirolls, Radical Rat

Not Voting
(9):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: August 25th, 2021

Countdown: (expired on 2021-08-23 20:00:00)

Mod Notes:

LicketyQuickety replaces Catboi
Salsabil Faria is on V/LA till 19th August 2021
- :]
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:34 am

In post 162, kennyk wrote:Allthough cowsloveSushirolls defends me (again), I slightly disagree with him. I know some of you might (again) say I am overthinking things and that it makes me look even scummier, but I will try explain nonetheless.
From his point of view he can't be sure if I am townie or scum (unless he is scum himself or we are both masons. Yes I cover my bases again). He seems to feel, that I might be one of the good guys (at least I read his posts like that).

If he is correct (and I know he is, but that's another thing), and I would be killed in this bandwagon, I don't see the deep holes. It might as well have been, that both are town and both really thought, they caught scum. It sure would be something to go for, but definitely no deep hole.

If he is wrong and I am scum (which I am not), they did everything right and there is absolutely no hole in sight for them.
i think the dug holes are there regardless of your alignment. radical's intending to put the vote back with no regard to how you reacted at E-2 and even
E-1
briefly, meaning that i think that they are holding on to their biases way too much. of course i don't believe that they're intent on murdering you this early, but the information feels like just the right amount to say "oh shoot, my evidence was flimsy wasn't it. moving on"

uranus feels slightly less like this. he mentions that you give him townpings, but for the most part he's pushing with radical on the exact same point. he's not particularly iffy with the mention of you being hammered, as shown with .

clarifying not i'm not mad that you were put at E-2/E-1, that kind of pressure is super good in a slow game like this. i'm talking about the attitudes both of these people have
the holes in this case are the fact that they're showing off that their votes aren't going to go anywhere, but the evidence doesn't feel solid, only conjecture

if it makes you feel more secure, i think I as scum would defend you similarly to this
this only solidifies your town status. it is my soul that wants you alive

UNVOTE: LicketyQuickety
feeling OPPORTUNISTIC...
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:41 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Will catch up soonish.
In post 169, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:hoh shit

lickety replaced into a townslot, catboi called me cringe

dunno if i called that out already
Well, thanks for calling me Town.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 167, Uranus wrote:
In post 166, Save The Dragons wrote:i think kennyk is town
Do you have thoughts on the arguments made by radical and others?
i think he could be scum trying to harp on something wacky that a newbie is doing to get a mislim.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:45 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 26, Uranus wrote:The thing is that this game starts at the day, rather than night, meaning that anyones abilities couldn't be used at all, meaning that we have nothing to go off on.
Kinda lacks TMI...
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”