goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:30 am

Post by goats »

In post 276, MegAzumarill wrote:Not really feeling involved with the discussion so here's where I'm at with the game so far.
Townreads
{ goats, Hockey, Imaginality} - Imaginality gave off some weird vibes D1 with T3, but they seem to be scumhunting since, goats and Hockey have pretty reasonable with their arguements the whole game through, exception being Hockey and NM, but thats NAI at worst.
Null:
{T3, NM} T3 plays too chaotically for me to go through the headache of me figuring them out. After trying I'd put them as a townlean since they seem to be contributing positively. N_M has basically trolled the entire game but I figure that's par for the course and NAI.

{ Zyla, Arcangel} ArcAngel seems too be really confused about mechanics that have been clarified on more than one occasion, and they don't seem to be scumhunting very much. Zyla has only interacted with the Arc slot for most of the game and with cyrus. They also have chosen to disclude any game advancing content for most of their posts.
This read on me is just thrown out with literally no explanation, no consideration, this is the quintessential TMIing a strong town post. The wolf read on Arc is also really bleh
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:33 am

Post by goats »

In post 90, imaginality wrote:
In post 87, Not_Mafia wrote:Maybe we're all scum
Do you have a view on T3 and/or cyrus?
In post 123, imaginality wrote:
In post 110, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 106, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 104, goats wrote:
In post 8, cyrus62 wrote:itch ant must vest at in last long art top out wont next invest earth. so how is every one just dropping my anchor before game starts
wolf cause I can't read this post
use the 1st later of every word before i ask how everyone is doing
Why would you crumb VT? And why would you reveal it on page 5 d1?
To be fair, he crumbed the much rarer role,
Vailla
Townie. :D
In post 187, imaginality wrote:
In post 177, Not_Mafia wrote:I'd be relentlessly bussing cyrus if I were scum here
Cyrus is making quite a bit more sense this game than he did in Owner's Market Blitz, D1 at least.
In post 249, imaginality wrote:I haven't played with Not_Mafia before, is quick-hammering something he does every day or just D1?
In post 302, imaginality wrote:
In post 300, Not_Mafia wrote:I don't care about finding scum, I just want to know why Cyrus crumbed VT
Hey Not_Mafia, I've never played with you. When can we expect you to start doing something useful? Zyla says you're a good scumhunter - who are your scum reads at this point and why?
Why NM is a wolf is basically this

Why does Imaginality interact with NM so much? Why does wolf imaginality care about NM literally at all? Well the answer is he really wouldn't. The only angle here from wolf imaginality is talking about NM just to seem productive but it doesn't come across like that and also just.. why. It's much more likely wolf imaginality is interacting with NM because they're partners
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 301, imaginality wrote:-snip-
The idea that you placed a very early vote on cyrus for an extremely weak reason and didn't find any better reason to vote anyone else (or even a better reason to confirm your vote on cyrus) for the rest of the day doesn't sit well with the idea that you're town trying to solve the game.

-snip-
Wasn't that what your vote actually was based on? I.e. cyrus being cyrus. This bolded line gives me the sense your vote on cyrus was for other reasons (such as cyrus being an easier mis-elim for scum to push).

Also if you're scum then the fact you see NM as good at scum hunting gives additional motivation to not vote him, i.e. to not draw his attention onto you...
When I had done a meta read of Cyrus for my previous game with him, he hadn't done his weird "crumbing" before that game. I thought it was interesting that with me and Hockey in the same game as him again he did it again; I partially thought that he did it again in this game thinking that the two of us would believe him, because he had been telling the truth with it in our last game together
As for the second part, I would hope that scum!me can play well enough to not let the fact that I'm scum influence my voting
that
directly
In post 301, imaginality wrote: -snip-
This doesn't really address my points:
a. That you were focused on semantics rather than on substance
b. That while you used this to keep your vote on cyrus, you didn't respond to cyrus's 202
To me, using buzzwords while not seeming to understand them seems like a warning sign. In this case, it wasn't
As for B, he hadn't responded to my point in 183
In post 301, imaginality wrote:
In post 292, Zyla wrote: -snip-
I mean, I preferred Cyrus as the one to get eliminated, but T3 wasn't looking particularly towny to me, so I would've been fine with him too, yes.

'wasn't looking particularly towny'? That sounds very lukewarm when you said (below) he was one of your 'major suspicions'.
It's day one, major suspicion is relative
In post 301, imaginality wrote:
In post 203, Zyla wrote: As far as 'scumcoaching', if I were a scum partner, why would I say this in the main thread instead of the mafia thread, that just seems illogical to me.

If scum only chat in their day thread that makes them easy to spot so they have to have some main thread interactions too. Like I say, though, this line of thought isn't an additional reason to think you're scum. More just noting that if you are scum it's very compatible with T3 also being scum.
I mean, yes you have main thread interactions, but why would you be teaching them in the main thread rather than the mafia thread?
In post 301, imaginality wrote: -snip-
"your other major suspicion" was someone who you literally didn't mention until post 200 and even then you didn't give any reasons for suspecting him, just asked him to make a case on someone else?

TLDR:
I really don't get the sense that you've been trying to solve this game at all. My vote's staying on you.
The reasons that I have for suspecting T3 have already been brought up by other players, so saying them wouldn't really help anything
As for the tl;dr? Fair enough.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 304, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 302, imaginality wrote:Zyla says you're a good scumhunter
She was lying
I didn't say NM was a good scumhunter, I said I've
heard
that NM is a good scumhunter. I'm still unsure on that

In post 305, T3 wrote:
In post 299, HockeyFan wrote:t3, whats your gun to head solve
Arc Zyla Imaginality?
Why Arc? I still don't fully trust them as town yet, but are they really scummy enough to outweigh the night result?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Zyla »

For now, I think I'm going to
VOTE: MegAzumarill
MegA has mentioned not feeling involved in the discussion, but I see no effort in trying to become involved.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:40 am

Post by goats »

you have nothing to say about what I posted?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:23 am

Post by imaginality »

Goats, to address your points against me:
In post 320, goats wrote:
In post 125, imaginality wrote:
In post 109, goats wrote:I just ISOd the mod twice ama

imaginality is outed fwiw he's the most scummy
Your radar is off.

Are you calling me scum based off a hunch (in which case, you're wrong but hey, you do you), or for perceived reasons (in which case, please share)?
In post 167, imaginality wrote:
In post 166, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 74, imaginality wrote:
In post 72, T3 wrote:Won't say.
VOTE: T3

This 'I have a read but I won't tell you it yet' seems anti-town. Seems like keeping it unspoken means you can wait to see whether others lean cyrus:town or cyrus:scum so you can then say that's what your read was too.
This feels like a highly speculative post that essentially boils down to "T3 is being scummy if they are in the majority"
It doesn't feel like something a townie would push.
For me if I think "cyrus is scum and will make it obvious who his scumbuddies are if we watch and wait" I'd watch and wait, not say 'ooh I know cyrus's alignment but I'm not telling'. Seems like it offers no value to town to say that at that point but does offer some fence-sitting value to scum.
Look at the differences tonally and I'm approach in these responses to being wolf read
Difference in tone is because Meg gave a reason I could engage with whereas you didn't, you just called me scum.
In post 321, goats wrote:
In post 168, imaginality wrote:
In post 146, goats wrote:
In post 125, imaginality wrote:
In post 109, goats wrote:I just ISOd the mod twice ama

imaginality is outed fwiw he's the most scummy
Your radar is off.

Are you calling me scum based off a hunch (in which case, you're wrong but hey, you do you), or for perceived reasons (in which case, please share)?
this post is really scummy I think

the way imaginality treats me is with no scepticism. I'd expect some considering I just called him a wolf and his top scum read town
I'm sceptical about your read on me!

I don't have strong reads at this point, it's not like I think T3 is lockscum. His recent posts don't bother me so much. If I wasn't voting him I'd be voting ArcAngel most likely, also for somewhat weak reasons (the early chainsawing post and a sense she's been happy to go under the radar somewhat since then). Or mega for reasons below.

Sure, you might be scum but I see you as more likely town drawing wrong conclusions. I don't see you disagreeing on reads at this stage as scummy in and of itself. You seem to be trying to figure stuff out and make stuff happen compared to fake reasoning and gliding.

I'm more suspicious of Mega for only turning up and voting me after seeing others attacking me. Seems like he's jumping on me for convenience seeing me as a safe target to scum read.
In post 185, imaginality wrote:Here's what Mega said about me:
In post 163, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: imaginality

Their interactions with T3 give off a weird vibe to me.
Hunch, no analysis.
In post 166, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 74, imaginality wrote:
In post 72, T3 wrote:Won't say.
VOTE: T3

This 'I have a read but I won't tell you it yet' seems anti-town. Seems like keeping it unspoken means you can wait to see whether others lean cyrus:town or cyrus:scum so you can then say that's what your read was too.
This feels like a highly speculative post that
essentially boils down to "T3 is being scummy if they are in the majority"

It doesn't feel like something a townie would push.
Bolded is a complete misrepresentation of my point.

... And that's all.
So...
In post 180, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 169, T3 wrote:Meg town I think.
Wait, I just saw this, can you elaborate k ty
In post 181, T3 wrote:Good analysis of imaginality and I don't think they are s/s.
Where is this 'good analysis' you speak of? Choosing such a flimsy reason to call T3 town makes me wonder if you're trying to shift attention away from him. Are you buddies?
meh read on Meg, directing negative attention from Meg towards others in the form of criticizing the town reads etc
T3 was my main scumread D1, pointing out a reason to suspect him is hardly 'directing negative attention from Meg' (not sure if there was negative attention on Meg at that time anyhow?). I wasn't saying T3 scum Meg town, I was calling them scumbuddies.
first post is a continuation of moving off Meg for meh reasons, and a decently strong push on zyla likely comes from wolf imaginality if a wolf partner has chances of dying
Wanting more content from someone to lock in a read isn't the same as moving off them. My interactions with NM are also just trying to get a read on him which I'm finding hard to do.

On Meg's post:
Meg putting Arc and Zyla at the bottom of his list could mean he's partnered with them since I don't think he's able to drive an elimination so it's more likely intended to throw us off if he flips scum.

On Zyla:
Why do you read her as town? What am I missing in my case on her?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:29 am

Post by imaginality »

This sentence in the above:

"My interactions with NM are also just trying to get a read on him which I'm finding hard to do."

Was in response to:
"Why does Imaginality interact with NM so much?"

Your other points on me seem based on assuming I'm scum and looking for interactions, so I don't feel like I need to comment on those since I know the premise is wrong. Whereas the above points are more about me directly.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 am

Post by goats »

In post 140, Zyla wrote:I'm not so sure about Arc tbh, some of her confusion about the setup seems almost put on to me
zyla is town for this post don't need anything else tbh
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 333, goats wrote:
In post 140, Zyla wrote:I'm not so sure about Arc tbh, some of her confusion about the setup seems almost put on to me
zyla is town for this post don't need anything else tbh
That seems pretty superficial of you contrasted with your other reads. I could see that post coming from town Zyla or scum Zyla. In isolation it reads town but there's the context of her other posts to consider.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

Okay, im voting meg, everyone here doesnt deserve to get limmed rn

VOTE: MEG
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:04 am

Post by T3 »

Meg will flake out I think just wait for the replacement.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:34 am

Post by imaginality »

Ugh, now I'm second guessing myself. Zyla's latest reply to me seems reasonable. But then again she seems like someone who can make good posts and wouldn't panic under pressure.

I can see {Zyla, T3, Meg} as a possibility if Zyla is scum. Or {Zyla, Hockey, Meg} with the two of them deciding to both bus Meg now? I feel like with scum in the lead on the eliminations we have to look out for them bussing for cred.

{T3, Arc,?} is also looking plausible with how Arc subtly defends T3 D1 and their confusion D2 about the results which could be faked (as someone mentioned).

If Meg is town I think Hockey's vote here looks a little opportunist (Arc would you agree? You called hockey opportunist earlier, do you think the vote here is aaso?)
sInce it comes after goats and Zyla expressed suspicion of Meg without voting him (so Hockey already knew there's some buy in for his vote).

I feel like scum targeted NM just so we'd be stuck with him since he's deadweight. Would love to be proven wrong.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:39 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: zayla
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:11 am

Post by goats »

T3 why did you want to rush to the mechanics day 1 but now you've done basically nothing with it
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:52 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 336, T3 wrote:Meg will flake out I think just wait for the replacement.
That is a ....terrible reason to not vote someone lol
In post 337, imaginality wrote:Ugh, now I'm second guessing myself. Zyla's latest reply to me seems reasonable. But then again she seems like someone who can make good posts and wouldn't panic under pressure.

I can see {Zyla, T3, Meg} as a possibility if Zyla is scum. Or {Zyla, Hockey, Meg} with the two of them deciding to both bus Meg now? I feel like with scum in the lead on the eliminations we have to look out for them bussing for cred.

{T3, Arc,?} is also looking plausible with how Arc subtly defends T3 D1 and their confusion D2 about the results which could be faked (as someone mentioned).

If Meg is town I think Hockey's vote here looks a little opportunist (Arc would you agree? You called hockey opportunist earlier, do you think the vote here is aaso?)
sInce it comes after goats and Zyla expressed suspicion of Meg without voting him (so Hockey already knew there's some buy in for his vote).

I feel like scum targeted NM just so we'd be stuck with him since he's deadweight. Would love to be proven wrong.
Ok in , I had a TR on almost everyone except Arc,Zyla,Meg. Zyla became towny and Meg didnt become towny therefore I voted Meg. Yes you are correct that I partially voted meg because other people did but thats the only to form a wagon so meg will hopefully give more thoughts on the game
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Marashu »

Official Vote Count 2.03
EliminationWith 8 alive, 5 votes are required for elimination.

MegAzumarill
(3): goats, Zyla, HockeyFan
HockeyFan
(1): ArcAngel9
T3
(1): imaginality
Zyla
(1): T3

Not Voting
(4): Megazumarill, Not_Mafia

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-25 18:12:18).

Mod notes:
ArcAngel9 is V/LA weekends
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Zyla »

T3, any response to why Arc is scummy enough to override the night result?
As Hockey pointed out, you seemed to be pretty interested in mechanics day 1, but now you seem to be going against them
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Zyla »

Also, just amusing even if not relevant
In post 338, T3 wrote:VOTE: zayla
That's a new one, lol
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:11 am

Post by T3 »

In post 339, goats wrote:T3 why did you want to rush to the mechanics day 1 but now you've done basically nothing with it
tbh I'm not really sure what to do.
I think Arc is 1/2 rand to be scum? So yeah.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:33 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 276, MegAzumarill wrote: Null:
{T3, NM} T3 plays too chaotically for me to go through the headache of me figuring them out. After trying I'd put them as a townlean since they seem to be contributing positively. N_M has basically trolled the entire game but I figure that's par for the course and NAI.

{ Zyla, Arcangel} ArcAngel seems too be really confused about mechanics that have been clarified on more than one occasion, and they don't seem to be scumhunting very much. Zyla has only interacted with the Arc slot for most of the game and with cyrus. They also have chosen to disclude any game advancing content for most of their posts.
Meg: your reason for suspecting ArcAngel seems to apply to T3 too (e.g. 269 and 272 both come before this post of yours), so why is T3 only null/townlean in your read? Whereas Arc gets called scummy for it?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 342, Zyla wrote:T3, any response to why Arc is scummy enough to override the night result?
As Hockey pointed out, you seemed to be pretty interested in mechanics day 1, but now you seem to be going against them
Come join me on a T3 wagon?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:49 am

Post by Marashu »

MegAzumarill has requested replacement.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:20 am

Post by imaginality »

@mod: can we get an extension to give Meg's replacement time to contribute to the day?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:50 am

Post by Marashu »

Kop replaces MegAzumarill. You can have an extra day (new deadline is (expired on 2021-08-26 18:12:18))

Return to “Completed Open Games”