cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:49 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 397, Marashu wrote:
In post 363, JamesTheNames wrote:After doing that and doing some pondering about mechanics, 3 things came to mind before anything else.
First of all, in Dwlee tells us he rolled a Town Parity Cop with a Multitasking modification, as such, I put down the scores for such a role, in the list earlier.
The numbers he gave us were, [12, 8, 14] the 12 means Town, the 8 means Parity Cop, the 14 means Rampaging. Note, Rampaging, not Multitasking.

Secondly, in we get told he rolled a Mason role, we don't have a Mason role revealed by anybody.

Thirdly, we are informed by redtea that there is a Mafia Fruit Vendor, I'm not going to say I don't believe this but for now I'll say I'm neutral on this claim. My reasoning for this is as follows, if we assume redtea initially rolled Town Fruit Vendor, and was then giving a non-Town role, him revealing the Fruit Vendor as Mafia, means the Fruit Vendor can no longer use their abilities, as they'd be seen as scum for doing so (correct me if I'm incorrect). So if there is a Town Fruit Vendor hiding out there somewhere, can you reveal yourself if so? If not I believe it is safe to assume redtea is telling the truth at least in terms of alignment.
It is possible that I might be able to give fruit. My role was not in the list. I suspect I might have cyrus' roll.
no i rolled 7 7 1 = 15
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

I really don't know how to use my role and I'd love some advice for how to use it

If there's a neighborizer or recruiter, just talk to me now so I can get pointers early before I use it on someone I shouldn't
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 401, Thor Ragnarok wrote:I really don't know how to use my role and I'd love some advice for how to use it

If there's a neighborizer or recruiter, just talk to me now so I can get pointers early before I use it on someone I shouldn't
I think any role can complement a person's strong points. Once you realise how to connect it with your strong points you'll be fine, you won't need a neighborizer.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

What are my strong points you think?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 403, Thor Ragnarok wrote:What are my strong points you think?
I couldn't tell you, we haven't played a game together nor have you done much just yet.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

In post 305, cyrus62 wrote:Very good story I honestly didn't think we made it that far into space since are rover has just made it to Mars . And to discover such things but didn't we just make it to the moon in 1954 ? Was that whole story science faction?
It really is a good story. I'm not sure either if it's just science fiction or if there's truth to it, but I want to explore one of these stars one day.
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

In post 404, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 403, Thor Ragnarok wrote:What are my strong points you think?
I couldn't tell you, we haven't played a game together nor have you done much just yet.

I won't say much, but I'm confident I will find scum at some point, and then I'll go lightning mode and you'll be able to tell
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 342, Marashu wrote:UNVOTE:

Hunter is either town or unpartnered scum here - I don't think he asks that if he has a PT. Also, Hunter, if you look at your sent messages, it will show the results of your rolls. Use that with the chart in the setup post.
I don't really understand the unvote unless you are prioritizing team scum over other scum factions and intentional dumb tells do exist. Whats his scum game like? I think Hunter's play is scummy so....I'm voting there for now.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 372, SirCakez wrote:
In post 121, cyrus62 wrote:fyi this is how i play i currently sorting you and gauging your responses to find out if i think your pro team or anti team. basically you feel kinda anti to me right now.
not a huge fan of this - feels like dressed up OMGUS
In post 124, T3 wrote:
never under any circumstances claim what you rolled unless someone has claimed it
the fuck happened to this?
In post 127, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:VOTE: T3

Why am I orange in the VC? Just a leading wagon thing?
I know this was a while ago but why this vote?
My vote in 127 was in response to
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 407, Nero Cain wrote:

Hunter is either town or unpartnered scum here - I don't think he asks that if he has a PT. Also, Hunter, if you look at your sent messages, it will show the results of your rolls. Use that with the chart in the setup post.
I don't really understand the unvote unless you are prioritizing team scum over other scum factions and intentional dumb tells do exist. Whats his scum game like? I think Hunter's play is scummy so....I'm voting there for now.
My vote was still the RVS vote on Dragon. As for Hunter, well, he's a naturally scummy player even as town, but as scum I think he does rely on the PT.

Then again, that was before whatever that gambit was. That was... weird. VOTE: Robert M Hunter

I am prioritizing finding Cult Leader over finding a scum team. I'm not ignoring team scum, but I'd rather focus on stopping the cult before it gets too big to manage. I've never played in a cult game before, but I'd imagine that in a game like this, they would want to fish for roles that are beneficial to them, while hunting for scum because they can't cult them if they have a PT.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 7, Cook wrote:
flavor

"Boo! Survivor!" one particularly adventurous scummer yells. No clear consensus can be had on a game.
Now that we've all claimed what our rolls were, I was wondering if anyone had rolled a 20 for alignment because of this. I don't know if there would be hints in the flavour, though.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 408, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 372, SirCakez wrote:
In post 121, cyrus62 wrote:fyi this is how i play i currently sorting you and gauging your responses to find out if i think your pro team or anti team. basically you feel kinda anti to me right now.
not a huge fan of this - feels like dressed up OMGUS
In post 124, T3 wrote:
never under any circumstances claim what you rolled unless someone has claimed it
the fuck happened to this?
In post 127, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:VOTE: T3

Why am I orange in the VC? Just a leading wagon thing?
I know this was a while ago but why this vote?
My vote in 127 was in response to
Ok and why?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 409, Marashu wrote:

My vote was still the RVS vote on Dragon. As for Hunter, well, he's a naturally scummy player even as town, but as scum I think he does rely on the PT.

Then again, that was before whatever that gambit was. That was... weird. VOTE: Robert M Hunter

I am prioritizing finding Cult Leader over finding a scum team. I'm not ignoring team scum, but I'd rather focus on stopping the cult before it gets too big to manage. I've never played in a cult game before, but I'd imagine that in a game like this, they would want to fish for roles that are beneficial to them, while hunting for scum because they can't cult them if they have a PT.
I don't think Hunter is cult leader
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 306, cyrus62 wrote:Any way I see that we had a lot actively early but now it has faded and no ones even scum hunting at all besides James ,Nero red tea and my self.
you?????
lmfao no you're not. i know you can and you're not.
like i want to believe's dragon's read because he's played with you before but I'm not convinced.
In post 292, cyrus62 wrote: I have always been a very quick reader how is that scummy
i did not mean to imply anything by that comment, other than that you have unreasonable expectations
In post 301, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 283, cyrus62 wrote:i could act scummy if you like james everything i have done so far fits my town meta though.
How does that make you town?
How would I know this isn't scum you acting in what you think is your "town meta".
This isn't a valid defence nor a reason not to scum read you, it only increases my confidence because you can't come up with a coherent excuse.
hard agree also it doesnt fit his town meta afaik
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 411, SirCakez wrote:
In post 408, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: My vote in 127 was in response to
Ok and why?
because kyouko saw claiming rolls as pro-town, and so t3 opposing it is anti-town.
In post 374, SirCakez wrote:
In post 285, redtea wrote:
@sircakez
talk about your kyouko read a little more?
their posting feels really manufactured and LAMIST-y
like it's not genuine, just going through the motions
In post 286, redtea wrote:jamesthenames: probably scum, but could be improved town
cyrus: scum
how are you reconciling this considering James is tunneling cyrus?
i guess i can see that, but i also think that's how she plays.
as of his most recent posts, james is neutral for now.
tbh i kind of forgot he was doing that lol
he should join me on voting cyrus again
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by redtea »

Spoiler: @Dwlee
In post 362, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm guessing the mod changed a bunch of alignments.
or ppl r lyingg
In post 379, Dwlee99 wrote:T3 I want your James townread explanation cause I feel like he is spending his time finding LHF or weird non-AI stuff to scumread people for. Messing up what modifier I rolled isn't scum-indicative but James thinks it is worthy of a vote.
you're misrepresenting his case. I think it mostly hinged on you claiming mason, which you have since clarified was an inside joke.
then again, he hasn't unvoted.

Spoiler: @Dragon
In post 336, Dragon of the West wrote:Cyrus is permanent VI in my mind, I don't really care about limming there until like closer to Melo unless it's just absolutely assured he's scum
if he's either scum or VI then why in the world would you save him for
melo
In post 336, Dragon of the West wrote:scum
Guess I'll see how cakez catch-up goes but
I'm tempted to sheep T3 on his Cakez read
why's that
*Old account here
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 409, Marashu wrote:

Does that exclude nigeborizor pts?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Red tea I'm hunting scum I just don't give town reads leans or nul reads nor do I give scum reads leans . If I think I found scum I vote them till I see a flip.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

I'm voting Nero cuse I think he's anti team. Not pro team.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 417, cyrus62 wrote:Red tea I'm hunting scum I just don't give town reads leans or nul reads nor do I give scum reads leans . If I think I found scum I vote them till I see a flip.
So you don't hunt scum? You wait for scum to slip. Scum hunting is partly identifying somebody you find suspicious, acting based on those suspicions, and going from there. You're just waiting on others to do the work. The majority of your posts are fluff unfortunately.
UNVOTE: Dwell99
VOTE: cyrus62
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 286, redtea wrote:but could be improved town
This is just for my understanding because I've seen it before but never actually asked what it means, what does "improved town" mean?
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

@Dragon of the West, 2 things:

1) Why are you so determined to stop be pushing cyrus62? I'd understand a comment or two, but 6/13 of your posts relate basically to people wasting time pushing / policy voting cyrus62. I don't think this is AI I just find it really strange, it would be far too convenient for this to be a scum defence after all.

2) Why do you think an increase in Thor Ragnarok's activity would be scum indicative? I really had Thor Ragnarok pegged as a Jester, but nobody rolled it (provided people told the truth), and I can't think of a single case where a person wouldn't out a Jester existing.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by redtea »

you don't think
he
asks this or you don't think scum in general asks this?
In post 343, Marashu wrote:@redtea how did you get a SL off Robert?
In post 409, Marashu wrote:As for Hunter, well, he's a naturally scummy player even as town, but as scum I think he does rely on the PT.
this quote explained the vibes i got. His sheeping was weak af. He joined and then never talked about it again.
I might sheep your read, if i don't get around to meta'ing him. For now i definitely wanna get rid of cyrus however. I have a good feeling.
In post 294, T3 wrote: What specifically?
like... what games?
In post 288, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think ssbm is all that townie Wich is why I didn't really like you saying that you wouldn't vote them.

I didn't and I don't think cakez did either, take ssbms vote on mega to be an rvs vote Wich is why is a bit scummy.
rvs/getting the ball rolling is what i meant to get across
so i take it to mean you suspect we're partners
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 420, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 286, redtea wrote:but could be improved town
This is just for my understanding because I've seen it before but never actually asked what it means, what does "improved town" mean?
er, what i mean is based on your meta. your scum play had a much more imbalanced word count/substance ratio. Your current play seems more balanced, but you're also definitely participating more than what I saw in your town games. Based on that, either you're scum toning it down, or town improving your game, is what my thoughts were.
In post 417, cyrus62 wrote:Red tea I'm hunting scum I just don't give town reads leans or nul reads nor do I give scum reads leans . If I think I found scum I vote them till I see a flip.
okay. I didn't say you're not giving reads. I said you're not hunting.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 421, JamesTheNames wrote:@Dragon of the West, 2 things:

1) Why are you so determined to stop be pushing cyrus62? I'd understand a comment or two, but 6/13 of your posts relate basically to people wasting time pushing / policy voting cyrus62. I don't think this is AI I just find it really strange, it would be far too convenient for this to be a scum defence after all.

2) Why do you think an increase in Thor Ragnarok's activity would be scum indicative? I really had Thor Ragnarok pegged as a Jester, but nobody rolled it (provided people told the truth), and I can't think of a single case where a person wouldn't out a Jester existing.
i know i'm not him but as for 2, i'm pretty sure it's a conclusion based on Thor thinking he'd be a better player/would be better invested as a different role, and was trying to get recruited. So far the only recruiting role there is a claim for is cult. So Thor suddenly getting invested in the game = Thor was culted.
Which I don't like personally because I don't want to discourage him from playing with the role he has for the benefit of town(?), just because he might get scumread for it. But, Dragon's not necessarily
wrong
that it's something to look out for after a night phase.
*Old account here

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”