Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:56 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

me too buddy
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1495, Infinity 324 wrote:legitimately, do you not care that you're hurting others' ability to enjoy the game? i could join a new one, but i'm invested in this one already and it feels like it's stopped mattering.
My ability to enjoy a game is hurt when people are overactive, spam wall posts and/or drag days out unnecessarily, we all have different playstyles and methodologies and I'm not responsible for how you want to play or think the game should function.
In post 1495, Infinity 324 wrote:do you at least understand why i'm frustrated here?
Not really tbh, we have 3 days to hit one of two scum and there's been plenty of activity and interactions.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:01 am

In post 1501, Not_Mafia wrote:My ability to enjoy a game is hurt when people are overactive, spam wall posts and/or drag days out unnecessarily

lol you dont even read games dont front
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

NSG has also essentially been given a free for a gameday and a half by virtue of being a replacement
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1502, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1501, Not_Mafia wrote:My ability to enjoy a game is hurt when people are overactive, spam wall posts and/or drag days out unnecessarily

lol you dont even read games dont front
Not when people are overactive, spam wall posts and/or drag days out unnecessarily I don't.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1501, Not_Mafia wrote:My ability to enjoy a game is hurt when people are overactive, spam wall posts and/or drag days out unnecessarily, we all have different playstyles and methodologies and I'm not responsible for how you want to play or think the game should function.
i'm definitely willing to compromise here. i understand why this would be frustrating to you, and i definitely would try to limit my posting and move towards ending the day when it needs to be ended if you agreed not to end the day earlier. for me, i've been waiting to get more time so i can post more than the one line of content i've given so far. if days always ended at the point we're at now, it wouldn't feel like a real game of mafia to me.

i'm not actually sure if a compromise is possible here, and maybe it would be best if we avoided each other in games in the future, but i'm willing to try.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Okay fine, seeing as you’re being reasonable
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:16 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1493, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1491, Enchant wrote:NM, quickhammer go?
Let’s do it
VOTE: North
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I’d feel bad now
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Enchant »

You scaring me.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:27 am

if any1 can end the game by hammering their own scumbuddy its you NM
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

UNVOTE:

I'm willing to give Infinity time and I also kinda want to double check how goats/bugs interacted with each other on D1 if at all

I haven't committed to a reread yet been a busy work week
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: NSG
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:33 am

Post by implosion »

In post 210, goats wrote:Yeah I'm basically always voting Dwlee here especially after the talk about implosion's AtE.

Pooky, NM, Klick, and Infinity can be trusted. Maybe Flea.

I think GL's vote on Dwlee can easily be partnered. I would call GL my second top scumread right now.
This is a fascinating post by virtue of it mentioning every now-living player except nsg/bugspray. That "can be trusted" list i think is pretty likely to contain scum, though like, I don't think that's like a breathtaking revelation since I definitely think that even without this post. I'd be not massively but a little surprised if the list contained both other scum. There's definitely a valid interpretation of this post that points to nsg-scum though I don't think it's really compelling.

There are a couple things in the ISO that look vaugely s->s prodding of Flea to do stuff but not strongly (, )

The interesting turning point in their ISO is after I call them out, they say they're and then I think they never really had the level of engagement or interest in the game from that point on that they had when they were tunneling GL and widely being called vaguely town. goats did kinda against the bugspray wagon. That whole page, I feel like, should be really valuable for discerning nsg's alignment. Like, is 517 just a big lampshade? I guess the question is first off, what would scum do in that situation if they see bugspray being wagoned based on bugspray's alignment. If bugspray is town then they could join it or advocate for it, but goats was definitely trying to be relatively focused in their suspicions toward GL, Dwlee and sometimes MC. I think the trying to deflect the wagon is definitely possible if bugspray is town. The other important context is (as Infinity pointed out) the wagon at that point was probably all town (Gamma, Dwlee, Datisi, me, Infinity). Maybe goats-scum would have been less reluctant to call the bugspray wagon good or at least not-terrible if it was an all-town wagon on town. On the flip side if bugspray is scum then the question is just would goats be so explicit about defending a scumbuddy who, at that point in the game, I think would look pretty solidly like dead weight.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:59 am

Post by cyrus62 »

vote count 3.2

Northsidegal
: (4),PookyTheMagicalBear,Dwlee99,Enchan,Not_Mafia,
Not Voting:(5) Northsidegal,FleaThemagician,infinity324, implosion,GuiltyLion with 9 alive it takes 5 votes to be kicked off the island
day3 ends in
(expired on 2021-09-02 18:37:50) p.s i think im doing good with vcs thank you
scum cyrus slways kills carls night 1

Cyrus has us as scum together but I'm not sure this guy has the power to rally any votes given his playstyle

nomnomnom:
you made me spit my coffee congratulations
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:06 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 512, Dwlee99 wrote:Goats seems desperate to stop the bugs wagon so maybe we are on the right track?
In post 517, goats wrote:
In post 512, Dwlee99 wrote:Goats seems desperate to stop the bugs wagon so maybe we are on the right track?
yeah one person thinking a wagon is bad means they're partners and the wagon is good actually

excellent logic dwlee
There is also this sequence
I prefer they, thanks :)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:57 am

Post by implosion »

I mentioned 517. I do think goats is arrogant enough to post it as scum-scum w/ bugs but I don't think that precludes it being scum-town.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh there was no link so I just saw a number and blanked
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

so with N_M's vote on NSG it pretty much certainly means her partner would be in flea/infinity/implosion right?

I doubt that scum would be incentivized to carry out a bus on a buddy on D1 in this set up, even if they look like dead weight. Distancing definitely in play but I don't know if I would think that scum!goats paired with scum!bugs would be
more
likely to vote there once it picks up 4-5 votes, I could buy them instead trying to promote the idea that the slot is just low hanging fruit
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 112, goats wrote:
In post 110, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 98, goats wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

This is outed actually. He was angry at bugspray being a baboon, implying anger at bugspray's stupidity or lack of reading comprehension. But then he votes bugspray on the basis that they were mafia and intentionally trying to make them look bad. Which makes them scum, not someone who lacks reading comprehension. I think Gamma is mafia who got tilted at being suspected for the wrong reasons by a townie who didn't read their post properly. Which is why he initially calls them a baboon and then switches to a fake reason to attack them after.
And this feels massively over explanatory for page 4/5...
That's because it is.
i feel like this is something a scumbuddy isn't super likely to respond to.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

gl has a great point about the possible nsg bussers. i really don't see implo as scum and i tr flea too so that probably means nsg is just town here? it's more likely someone bussed bloodhail imo than someone is bussing nsg here.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

[insert link to white flag gambit here]
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I still believe in my case on NSG from day one and she is also AWOL
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

white flag gambit is one thing, but enchant and nm were about to hammer. scum are almost definitely not gonna white flag gambit if there's a risk of a qh.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:50 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 1518, GuiltyLion wrote:so with N_M's vote on NSG it pretty much certainly means her partner would be in flea/infinity/implosion right?

I doubt that scum would be incentivized to carry out a bus on a buddy on D1 in this set up, even if they look like dead weight. Distancing definitely in play but I don't know if I would think that scum!goats paired with scum!bugs would be
more
likely to vote there once it picks up 4-5 votes, I could buy them instead trying to promote the idea that the slot is just low hanging fruit
Go on then, on what planet am I scum with NSG?

Return to “Completed Open Games”