Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:22 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 1991, the worst wrote:i did indeed see those, i just kept reading (didn't register that you actually wanted a response to #2)

1) idk I'm not your brain!! i was asking you!!!!!
2) more interested in manatee doing a read on you than I am in answering this
If you were my brain I'd be wanting more than a few words with you. Why do you think I should vote you?
Oddly I'm more interested in your thoughts than in manatees.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:22 am

Post by Auro »

Thor is memeing.

Out of all the wagons I've actually disliked the votes on Flea the most, now lemme go read everything~
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:23 am

In post 1997, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1977, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 1832, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I thought faer hop onto Gamma was awkward

I feel like fae would've mentioned something about voting the same person as faer top scumread for most of the day (Auro)

General dissatisfaction with the leading wagons
Well it appears MM is at least able to extract some information.

The replace out of the hydra to a single player while still suspicious does confirm that Xtomx is really not feeling the game. My interactions with auro were good enough that I could bump them to a neutral read. Given also that end of phase is approaching it was time to begin consolidating and not riding what was essentially a vanity wagon with me being the sole participant.

damned if you, damned if you dont I guess.
I feel like when scum hydrae replace out typically all the heads fall at once
It’s probably NAI that Auro remained in but I think on a base theoretical level your idea of the main replacing the hydra being scummy is flawed.
Where in that post do I say the main replacing the hydra is scummy?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:24 am

In post 1998, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1985, Flea The Magician wrote:Oh and as for WWSF do, scum flea would absolutely vote enchant for that wagon.

Enchant either goes super townie and becomes untouchable, or super scummy.
Gamma can be raged or made apathetic and made to appear scummy.
ex-fucking-scuse me I can obvtown too
Yes, you can, but in the same post you prove my point :P
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:31 am

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: manatee
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:47 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1926, Thor Ragnarok wrote:Something_Smart, can you clear up whether you agree with my theories or were making fun out of them? My opinion on you heavily depends on it.
The latter. Sorry :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:56 am

I think that Thor should out his main.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:58 am

Because he is claiming to be quite possibly the worst person at understanding setups on the entire site. And that may be true, but statistically it probably isn't.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:59 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1943, the worst wrote:I don't think he expected to be epically called out. I don't know why he's faking this or what he expects to gain, but it's pretty damn clear he's talkin shit.
Not sure I agree that Thor was intending to be
townread
off of that. The meta was posted defensively, to show precedent of that behavior as town. That said, I will have a laugh if it turns out he's scum and the team all got roles from one side and he genuinely just believed that though. Can you recap your thoughts on his non-mech posts?
In post 1554, ManateeGal wrote:hqrahajabajjsnakskzksns i do not know why i am strugglinh to play this game mental blocks r the worst :mad: im gonna try to do isos tmrw so if theres anyone specific people r curious abt my thoughts on do lmk
Manatee? It's been more than a day, will you be doing those ISOs soon?
In post 1638, Enchant wrote:I am tempting to suggest no-elim and let give PR time to work.
... Joke. I just suggested it, statistic say we elim townie 1d most likely, so why not?
So this is a joke? Will you be voting anyone?
In post 1832, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: General dissatisfaction with the leading wagons
{Gamma, Enchant, Manatee} all seem like fine lims to me. You explained that Gamma's lack of survivalism made him seem at least meh-towny, but can you explain your dissatisfaction with the other two?

Miss Midnight, on a skim of the later parts of your ISO, I've observed that while you're happy to post defensively and engage with people about their thoughts, you barely appear to be the aggressor in your interactions. As a result, a lot of your engagement feels like it's not leading anywhere substantial, at least to me. Your vote was on Gamma for a while, but your engagement with Gamma was limited to "I think you're scummier" (). Kinda looks like you're voting non-controversial slots, and then just leaning back and posting mostly neutral content.

Any thoughts on that?
VOTE: Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:03 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 2008, Auro wrote:Any thoughts on that?
I think that that seems like such a backwards way of looking at my play that I'm equally as convinced that you're just looking for some kind of reaction here as I am that you actually think it. Maybe more convinced of the former.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:06 am

Post by Auro »

My complaint is pretty simple: you're not aggressing or don't appear to be engaging with people in a manner that will obtain reads.

Treat me dumb and explain why this seems like such a backwards way of reading your play :P
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:09 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

Would you classify my interaction with Penguin yesterday as defensive or neutral?

Also, you don't need to engage people to get reads. I engage people to
talk
about reads, and read the thread to
get
reads.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:11 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

Also, literally on the page that you link to of my "only" engagement with Gamma, directly above the post you linked is an entire series of interactions between me and Gamma...?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:17 am

Post by Auro »

Given I'm categorizing defensive/neutral against aggressive, would that matter? As lines are blurred there anyway.

What do you obtain from engaging people to talk about reads?
Miss Midnight wrote:Also, literally on the page that you link to of my "only" engagement with Gamma, directly above the post you linked is an entire series of interactions between me and Gamma...?
Whoops, apologies. This is a retraction of that point. Reading back, I also missed those in my first read of the game .>.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:21 am

Post by Auro »

While you're here: do you still townread Manatee?
If so, are you okay with her wagon right now? Why not push elsewhere?
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:22 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

Sorry, that wasn't a "would you say it's X or would you say it's Y?", it was a "would you say it's any one of (X or Y)?"

Uh, I obtain hopefully convincing people. I obtain other people's perspective on my thoughts, which help inform my own. It demonstrates to the thread at large that I'm playing the game instead of just thinking things but never making them known.

Again, really not sure what the point of this is and I still kind of doubt that you're really convinced of what you're saying.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:22 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 2014, Auro wrote:While you're here: do you still townread Manatee?
If so, are you okay with her wagon right now? Why not push elsewhere?
Lightly, sure. I've already talked about my thoughts on her wagon and have indicated that I think that it's a pretty bad one.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:24 am

Post by House »

In post 1930, Thor Ragnarok wrote:Actually, is it not very likely that scum already knows which setup it is, unless they have no power roles at all? I'm willing to take that chance and will throw this out here for more transparent discussion:

We're in the left-side setup
If you're going to drive a great truck through the thread, you might as well drop trou and tell all.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:24 am

Post by House »

In post 2017, House wrote:
In post 1930, Thor Ragnarok wrote:Actually, is it not very likely that scum already knows which setup it is, unless they have no power roles at all? I'm willing to take that chance and will throw this out here for more transparent discussion:

If you're going to drive a bread* truck through the thread, you might as well drop trou and tell all.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2015, Miss Midnight wrote:Sorry, that wasn't a "would you say it's X or would you say it's Y?", it was a "would you say it's any one of (X or Y)?"

Uh, I obtain hopefully convincing people. I obtain other people's perspective on my thoughts, which help inform my own. It demonstrates to the thread at large that I'm playing the game instead of just thinking things but never making them known. .
Yes, it did seem (defensive or neutral), did it lead to a read on Penguin? I'd love to hear.
Sure, can you offer me more reads that were affected by your engagements? I know the theory reasons for engagement, my complaint is that the aggression seems lacking - that you're demonstrating that you're around, but playing it safe.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:31 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2018, House wrote:
In post 2017, House wrote:

If you're going to drive a bread* truck through the thread, you might as well drop trou and tell all.
There's also a really tiny chance Thor is playing a certain 200IQ move with that entire line of posting. :cop:
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:31 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 2019, Auro wrote:
In post 2015, Miss Midnight wrote:Sorry, that wasn't a "would you say it's X or would you say it's Y?", it was a "would you say it's any one of (X or Y)?"

Uh, I obtain hopefully convincing people. I obtain other people's perspective on my thoughts, which help inform my own. It demonstrates to the thread at large that I'm playing the game instead of just thinking things but never making them known. .
Yes, it did seem (defensive or neutral), did it lead to a read on Penguin? I'd love to hear.
Sure, can you offer me more reads that were affected by your engagements? I know the theory reasons for engagement, my complaint is that the aggression seems lacking - that you're demonstrating that you're around, but playing it safe.
Yeah, I don't really care to go through my own ISO to pick out examples. If you'd like to pick out some specifics then you can and we can talk about them, but so far the only one you've brought up you immediately retracted.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:35 am

Post by House »

{
Time for work!
}

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:36 am

Post by Auro »

Rather than pick out specific engagements, I'll pick out specific players you've had engagements with. Let's begin with CSF and Bee - what's your read on them right now?
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:37 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

Both town. What does this have to do with anything about my being "defensive"?

Return to “Completed Open Games”