Mini Normal 2234 | Who needs title (Game Over)

HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 873, Galron wrote:
In post 828, HockeyFan wrote:lol, ok, so I saw the wagon formation on SF and thought scum were on it, But idt all 3 scum would buddy up together on a wagon like that. So there was probs 1-2 scum on it right? Yea... so I made the conclusion that t3 is probs town so the others 2 are scum. When did i narrow it down to one of them? I said either one OR both.
That's the thing though. It sounded like you had 3 scum on it or maybe I just misread. So I saw the leap from 3 to 1 and thought what? If I look at it now, I can maybe see what you're talking about, so I'm not going to push it further. At the time I probably wasn't reading it as generously as I probably should. But now that I look at your response here, I see you say that you reached the conclusion that t3 is probably town so the other 2 are scum. But you're NOT saying that, you're saying it could be 1 or 2 of the others as scum. So again, maybe my misreading, maybe your inconsistency. Not sure where that goes rn.

Now think about this, if we're in a regualr mini normail where it's 10-3, how often have you seen two scum back-to-back on an early day wagon? And you kinda did narrow it down to one of them. I dunno. It may be a distinction without a difference, but it's and inconsistent thought process, which is probably more likely not scummy. Caveat being would scum do that and you know how that goes.

Man reading those two paragraphs I just wrote hurts my head.
Yea i also dont understand what your 2nd paragraph is saying? Do you mean u think they wouldnt buddy up on a wagon so quickly? Cuz that is fair, but they could so eailly do it here cuz its early D1 and they face little to no reprecussions for doing so
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 871, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 856, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 802, T3 wrote:
In post 747, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 724, T3 wrote:
In post 722, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 716, T3 wrote:
In post 697, marcistar wrote:
In post 696, superbowl9 wrote:pedit: apparently softing D1 for no reason is cool now???
i was trying to think about this but im so confused.. the biggest flag is "i cant be a townleader because of my role" seems like bs to me LOL... just seems a bit of an excuse so he could continue to slide by being inactive.
it isn't cool at all, but im not sure how to proceed...
Nah.
Scum don't do that.
Absolutely false and do not try to convince people that this is the case
Pretty much all the time when I've seen someone openly claim PR on day 1 without any reason they have been town.
"I've never seen scum gambit" isn't really enough for me
This isn't the kind of gambit scum does though.
Please stop overthinking this and just do what's clearly GTO. We stop talking about it and get a claim tomorrow if the slot's alive, then evaluate from there, I think we can agree on that much at least
This is something I actually feel confident I can defend T3 on
While his theory is probably not entirely correct in practice, I know T3 has said similar before, and as such unless there was a game I am not presently aware of where something happened to contradict that belief it would make sense he’s still thinking this
No yeah i dont doubt he believes this hes just wrong
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 872, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 862, superbowl9 wrote:If you want to just save some time gamma's town
so u think Gpas mafia right?

Also,

nvm im moving my vote over here rn

VOTE: Kop

the wagon orignally started out too fast but it kinda just dissipated when kops recent posting wasnt even towny
Uhhhh no?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 870, Roden wrote:
In post 802, T3 wrote:
In post 724, T3 wrote:
In post 716, T3 wrote:
In post 696, superbowl9 wrote:pedit: apparently softing D1 for no reason is cool now???
i was trying to think about this but im so confused.. the biggest flag is "i cant be a townleader because of my role" seems like bs to me LOL... just seems a bit of an excuse so he could continue to slide by being inactive.
Nah.
Scum don't do that.
Pretty much all the time when I've seen someone openly claim PR on day 1 without any reason they have been town.
Please stop overthinking this and just do what's clearly GTO. We stop talking about it and get a claim tomorrow if the slot's alive, then evaluate from there, I think we can agree on that much at least
Why are you so set on getting me to claim tomorrow?
Why so serious? You didn’t seem to have an issue softclaiming today :P
If you’re town, it at least gives us the full information (more helpful to town than scum since scum already have info advantage). If you’re scum it locks you into a role early and gives us a chance to spot a bs claim. Tell me, if you actually are a PR and survive the night, what benefit does concealing your full role serve at that point?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 877, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 872, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 862, superbowl9 wrote:If you want to just save some time gamma's town
so u think Gpas mafia right?

Also,

nvm im moving my vote over here rn

the wagon orignally started out too fast but it kinda just dissipated when kops recent posting wasnt even towny
Uhhhh no?
i have no clue why now 2 ppl have said that Gpa/Gamma are TVT, like how does someone think that lol
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

People tend to write off slap fights as TvT
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 878, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 870, Roden wrote:
In post 802, T3 wrote:
In post 724, T3 wrote:
In post 716, T3 wrote:
Nah.
Scum don't do that.
Why are you so set on getting me to claim tomorrow?
Why so serious? You didn’t seem to have an issue softclaiming today :P
If you’re town, it at least gives us the full information (more helpful to town than scum since scum already have info advantage). If you’re scum it locks you into a role early and gives us a chance to spot a bs claim. Tell me, if you actually are a PR and survive the night, what benefit does concealing your full role serve at that point?
Oof, this was not a good response.

Scum actually don't have the full info advantage here. There is a very good reason I didn't full claim and your reasoning for trying to make me full claim is weak and not coming from a townie mindset. Only scum benefit from PR claims, and you trying to force one makes you look like you're trying to open wolf this game. The role fishing here is obvious and I'm not sure how you could ever justify it.

The worst part about this is that I'm not even on the chopping block here yet you're acting like I'm at E-1 and claiming to save myself. I'm offering info because town PRs absolutely need to be wary and try not to crumb, since I'm fairly certain scum can tear through them this time around.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 861, superbowl9 wrote:The car is not moving out of park until I stop wanting to lim you T3
In post 866, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 865, T3 wrote:
In post 861, superbowl9 wrote:The car is not moving out of park until I stop wanting to lim you T3
The car will have to be towed.
What are you gonna do vote me? :lol: Start being townier and I'll gladly move elsewhere
In post 876, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 871, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 802, T3 wrote:
In post 724, T3 wrote:
In post 716, T3 wrote:
Nah.
Scum don't do that.
This is something I actually feel confident I can defend T3 on
While his theory is probably not entirely correct in practice, I know T3 has said similar before, and as such unless there was a game I am not presently aware of where something happened to contradict that belief it would make sense he’s still thinking this
No yeah i dont doubt he believes this hes just wrong
These thoughts aren't congruent btw.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 874, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 873, Galron wrote:
In post 828, HockeyFan wrote:lol, ok, so I saw the wagon formation on SF and thought scum were on it, But idt all 3 scum would buddy up together on a wagon like that. So there was probs 1-2 scum on it right? Yea... so I made the conclusion that t3 is probs town so the others 2 are scum. When did i narrow it down to one of them? I said either one OR both.
That's the thing though. It sounded like you had 3 scum on it or maybe I just misread. So I saw the leap from 3 to 1 and thought what? If I look at it now, I can maybe see what you're talking about, so I'm not going to push it further. At the time I probably wasn't reading it as generously as I probably should. But now that I look at your response here, I see you say that you reached the conclusion that t3 is probably town so the other 2 are scum. But you're NOT saying that, you're saying it could be 1 or 2 of the others as scum. So again, maybe my misreading, maybe your inconsistency. Not sure where that goes rn.

Now think about this, if we're in a regualr mini normail where it's 10-3, how often have you seen two scum back-to-back on an early day wagon? And you kinda did narrow it down to one of them. I dunno. It may be a distinction without a difference, but it's and inconsistent thought process, which is probably more likely not scummy. Caveat being would scum do that and you know how that goes.

Man reading those two paragraphs I just wrote hurts my head.
Yea i also dont understand what your 2nd paragraph is saying? Do you mean u think they wouldnt buddy up on a wagon so quickly? Cuz that is fair, but they could so eailly do it here cuz its early D1 and they face little to no reprecussions for doing so
With 2-week Days, I really don't expect much to come out of the first few irl days other than some back-end confbiasing which I've had about my limit of these past few weeks. So I'm not going to say you're wrong, but I am going to point it out as something to pay attention to and mayb circle back on as the day and the game progresses.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Galron »

Really, I look at you as lhf and am willing to give you some leeway. But there is going to be a point where we're going to have to consolidate. This isn't a setup or anything. I'm just kinda treating this first week as information gathering. I don't think any real action is going to come for a few more days.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by Roden »

ISO dived sb9 and uh, wow it's actually a lot worse than I thought it was. I liked his posts when they were happening in the moment, but the entirety of his content is either jokes, a
lot
of complaining, nothing one liners, and role fishing. Any time reads come up it's only to shut down somebody else's town reads and scum reads. His own reads barely even exist, with most of his opinions on others either being vague or hedging. His only real read is a scum read on T3 but he also implies T3 is just a wrong townie. He doesn't even seem to scum read me, he just wants me to claim because he said so.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by Titus »

Ok kids. Superbowl9 please don't get my car towed. I'll never let you drive if that happens.

Gamma stop yelling at your grandpa. Grandpa, please stop acting like an old curmudgeon.

Everyone, there's two creepy people (SF and Kop) threatening our family. Let's eliminate them.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 880, Gamma Emerald wrote:People tend to write off slap fights as TvT
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 887, Galron wrote:
In post 880, Gamma Emerald wrote:People tend to write off slap fights as TvT
That's because both of the parties usually need to get grounded. A majority of the players are town. Just reality. Slap fights do very little persuading but just are exhausting.

So go to timeout and come back out when you want to play with all your fellow siblings.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Galron »

I'm gonna sheep titus because I'm super intrigued and I think she's town.

VOTE: Salsa
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Galron »

Also, I don't particulary think Day 1 needs to last 2 weeks.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 885, Roden wrote:ISO dived sb9 and uh, wow it's actually a lot worse than I thought it was. I liked his posts when they were happening in the moment, but the entirety of his content is either jokes, a
lot
of complaining, nothing one liners, and role fishing. Any time reads come up it's only to shut down somebody else's town reads and scum reads. His own reads barely even exist, with most of his opinions on others either being vague or hedging. His only real read is a scum read on T3 but he also implies T3 is just a wrong townie. He doesn't even seem to scum read me, he just wants me to claim because he said so.
I want this in my ISO.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 886, Titus wrote:Ok kids. Superbowl9 please don't get my car towed. I'll never let you drive if that happens.

Gamma stop yelling at your grandpa. Grandpa, please stop acting like an old curmudgeon.

Everyone, there's two creepy people (SF and Kop) threatening our family. Let's eliminate them.
I’ll do it just because this gave me a proper chuckle.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 663, T3 wrote:
In post 661, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 645, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 638, superbowl9 wrote:^We might as well get rid of this slot if this is all of the content it's gonna produce
In post 641, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 639, marcistar wrote:
In post 638, superbowl9 wrote:^We might as well get rid of this slot if this is all of the content it's gonna produce
do u scumread them at all
Nope
btw wtf is this sequence lol. I dont think theres anythign wrong with DGB giving blanket reads
I dont think so either but if that's your entire content you need to go
Dunno man, what if we have DGB as an IC by meta who we don't eliminate.
But she could be playing to her meta that everybody will know is her town meta, it's not really requiring any effort or energy to do so. So simply put it, she might be scum this time, but playing her general town playstyle. I'm not willing to have an IC based on meta, whatever she was in the previous games, does not equate to this game.

I fully understand the point in meta, but I simply cannot, and won't, base any reads concretely on meta.

If that's the only content that she can provide, single one liners without any reasoning to back her reads up as the game progresses, then it is simply going to be difficult to make a decision towards the end of the game who to eliminate. And I don't like the idea of doing coin flips on naked reads and very little reasoning over content with valid but could be wrong reasonings. And I certainly ain't going to put meta on her side of the coin.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Ok, I finished catch up (again :giggle:). Not in the mood for post by post commenting rn, so I'm giving my thoughts altogether.

Most probably
Galron
asked me why I think
Kop
's wagon formation indicates they're likely town but not for
T3
because what I said already (my reason to scumread them) + I can't remember
T3
's wagon tbh + they played with town!me in couple of games before where my play style is pretty similar (except 1/2 ig) like in this game and I'm always a miselimination slot due to my
certain paly style
which they clearly know.

The last reason goes for
Titus
also. Both of them are going for LHF slots which I don't think town!them would do. So, the scum team is now:
T3
/
Titus
/?
If
Roden
and
DGb
both are towns, then
Garlon
can be the 3rd scum. I don’t really like their vote on me.

Not sure about
Roden
atm, their softing PR is a ballsy move, especially when there’s no daytalk available for scums. So I'll let them live today but I'm agreeing with
sb9
about this matter: if they're not the nk, then they're sus.

Grandpa
vs
GE
seems TvT to me also, but definitely not SvS.

@HF
, if I wouldn’t townread you, would you still put me in the towncore?

Updated read list with no particular order:

marci

sb9

HF

GE

Kop

Grandpa

Garlon

Roden

DGb

STD

Titus

T3

T3
also asked me a question if I ever played with
STD
before, something like that. The answer is yes and I don’t remember that they placed RVS vote by giving joking reason.

UNVOTE: Roden

VOTE: T3

Will go afk now (2) :P
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by Kop »

It does seem weird, but I don't think he is bullshitting with this, and I generally don't think he is using that as a valid reason to go back into being inactive. I don't know why he has come out with it this early, but his reasonings seems plausible from the posts after.

He's town based on that.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 698, superbowl9 wrote:
I think it buys a day, if he's alive tomorrow he hardclaims and we go from there
I can sense the reasoning behind this, but I don't like it. It feels like something that scum would be actively thinking, and are setting up the next day.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 707, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay, we should be voting people just because they have a lazy playstyle
It's not necessarily a lazy playstyle we should be voting for, some lazy playstyles have valid reasoning behind there posts but just lack in ability to put more effort in. You can give valid reads with reasonings in a few posts, it doesn't have to be walls that can give a town read.

DGB is simply posting naked reads, little reasoning, but is getting widely town read based on meta, I'm uncomfortable having that sort of style at the end of the game, but right now, I don't feel this day is best to sort it out. I'd personally prefer a information gathered lynch, than a policy lynch, as DGB would give us nothing to go on.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:14 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 724, T3 wrote:
In post 716, T3 wrote:
Nah.
Scum don't do that.
Roden can be town based on that. It's not just the hint that's giving me town vibes, it's some of the explanation after, that kinda makes it more plausible that he is town.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:23 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 724, T3 wrote:
In post 716, T3 wrote:
Nah.
Scum don't do that.
Scum do gambits I agree, but I just don't think this is one. Not this early, and not under any pressure to do so.
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”