StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:36 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I don’t think this has any meaning since both PRs are out, but I am a VT. You can vote me Ythan, but you will get NKed with eliminating me today.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:40 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

That is what I know for sure. And if you think I’m just scum bluffing then in the end it doesn’t matter since if I hammer myself or you do we will never get anything from this.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 900, StrangeMatter wrote:You can vote me Ythan, but you will get NKed with eliminating me today.
This strikes me as a weird comment.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:38 am

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 897, T3 wrote:or i can VOTE: strange
It's impossible to tell if you're a flip flopping scum or just committed to ending the game out of sheer boredom lol.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:39 am

Post by MargotRosa »

I mean, much less likely in my mind than Strange, just frustrated that T3 is committed to muddying the waters as much as possible in the last couple days
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:51 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 3.3
StrangeMatter
(3): MargotRosa, GrandpaMo, T3
MargotRosa
(1): Roden
T3
(1): StrangeMatter

Not Voting
(1): Ythan

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline
: (expired on 2021-09-07 20:30:30)
<(") | (")>
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 890, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 887, Roden wrote:Grandpa why do you think Margot is town? Do you think he tries to NK the Tracker N1 if he believes I softed Doctor?
honestly it doesnt matter. i dont want strange in a f3 regardless -- i feel like we always vote t3 over strange tomorrow if margot is town today
I’d like for you to explain why you don’t want me in the final 3? Also, what was your night 1 track if you’re tracker
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Air quotes on tracker there
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Ythan »

As town I had a different reaction to the recent claim. Your response does not fill me with confidence.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 906, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 890, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 887, Roden wrote:Grandpa why do you think Margot is town? Do you think he tries to NK the Tracker N1 if he believes I softed Doctor?
honestly it doesnt matter. i dont want strange in a f3 regardless -- i feel like we always vote t3 over strange tomorrow if margot is town today
I’d like for you to explain why you don’t want me in the final 3? Also, what was your night 1 track if you’re tracker
I already explained and the person I had checked -- which clasko did submit a night action for but I believe they replaced -- I kept it. It was alstro visited ythan, the "tracker" claim. That's why no one died at night. Scum targeted Ythan, and Alstro saved them. That's why I claimed doc lmfao. because I knew alstro would come out. im so big brain. Night 2, visited ythan, didint visit anyone. Anyways, you still being weary on my tracker claim, is def weird. I am hard claiming it here just look at Ythan's comments about Clasko. There was even a whole interaction happening with T3. You second guessed yourself in , it was a joke. ive played with hockey (know them personally) many times to know he fakeclaims A LOT as town.

anyways ur just outted scum. i think we win the game by voting u. hammer this ythan.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

ythan listen to me, you will be the only confirmed in the f3 if strange is town which i doubt.

but just in case, iso t3 and if they act serious half way vote them out LOL .

jkjk, even tho its like a good scumtell, both ppl have good towncreds on them. margot had been scumread lq by eod and vice versa while t3 hammered lq by accident? scum t3 could do this. margot is being paranoid bout t3 being scum, probably could be a tell for setting up a chain lim since they know strange is flipping scum. but this talk doesnt need to come until day 4. which we are in a rare instance of!!! newd3 setups usuaully end by day 3. but knowing this game have gotten by this long, it means a lot to me personally. anyways bye bye
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

wait....

ythan will die >> because its optimal to always nc day 4 in a world of evens. so nc day 4 >> we will be led to a f3 in day 5.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

unless ythan doesnt have to die. the only time ythan doesnt die if scum can presudae / use ythan as a vote goat, and make scum vote with them. there is a chance where roden dies as well. anwyays its good info regardless by nciing
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 906, StrangeMatter wrote:i feel like we always vote t3 over strange tomorrow if margot is town today
is that not good enough explanation?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Roden »

Should I just post intent to hammer? I don't think it makes sense for Strange to be scum here, but I don't think I can convince you guys on my logic wrt the NK and I want to avoid a no-elim.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Ythan »

I'll try to review your thoughts on that again but don't wait longer than you're comfortable if you can't be here right up to the deadline.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by Ythan »

Oh right I'm not voting. I'll be around.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Big stream of consciousness post coming. Apologies if the rambliness gets in the way of comprehension too much
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

So here’s one significant part of why I am convinced that Strange is the last scum, specifically the interactions between them and LQ on d1.

Rereading, their exchanges read so much like scum becoming increasingly frustrated by their partner and the overt scum tells he was giving off.

The dynamic that played out here, if it is between two Scum, is a pretty common pattern I’ve seen IRL. Obviously don’t have the experience of forum format to say whether or not it carries over, but I imagine it would to some extent.

The dynamic in question is when someone is when you have a scum pair, and one of the two is clearly giving off massive scum tells. Even if it’s not necessarily crystal clear for town, it’s clear for the other scum, because they know to look for the tells in the first place.

Generally, when I’ve seen it, it plays out in two phases. At first, there is genuine attempts to subtly deflect away from the scumminess of their partner. It’s always fraught, because if you lean in too hard, you become an obvious target for elimination in later days, so it has to be subtle. Where it really starts to show itself is not even necessarily the person doing the deflection, but in the perceptible differences in the way that their partner interacts with them.

In a d1 that was notable for just how wildly defensive LQ was getting about even the slightest hint of a scum read on him, basically the only slot that did not almost immediately spur instant defensiveness was from Astra/Strange.

Here's some posts, with some brief notes. Hope you can piece together the narrative I'm presenting here. Feeling a bit under the weather, so best I can do under the circumstances. Far from exhaustive. Tried to leave out stuff that could count but may also be very dubious.

Examples of defensiveness in response to:
Roden –
T3 –
Alstro –
Me –
Me and T3 –
Defensiveness tell in general (which had not been brought up by Astra/Strange slot) –

LQ responding in a less heated way to Astra/Strange presenting guarded SRs of him:

Back and forth between Strange and LQ (one example of a few, not much evidence of this happening with LQ and other players):

Mopre exchanges oin which he and Strange are, on some level (intended or not) backing one another up:

Literally first time LQ says something that can be even construed as testy towards the Astra/Strange slot is when he tells Strange never to vote for a slot just for info.

Incidentally, is a smoking gun? Does NP stand for night play, and LQ thought he was messaging in scum chat?) Strange’s response is maybe the most obviously irritated I’ve seen them in game (though entirely possibly because it was a brisque way to address them irrespective of whether they were doing it to divert attention from LQ.)

LQ does vote for Strange in , but I don’t buy it tbh. It’s a really half-hearted dig.

I know this is very based in emotiion, but that was literally how we tagged LQ in the first place. Makes sense that their interactions might also reveal who his team member was.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:26 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Went through ISOs of Roden and T3, and I'll save you the whole shebang, but I just don't think it's them. I know I'm Town. In my mind, it can only be Strange.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:02 am

Post by T3 »

In post 918, MargotRosa wrote:So here’s one significant part of why I am convinced that Strange is the last scum, specifically the interactions between them and LQ on d1.

Rereading, their exchanges read so much like scum becoming increasingly frustrated by their partner and the overt scum tells he was giving off.

The dynamic that played out here, if it is between two Scum, is a pretty common pattern I’ve seen IRL. Obviously don’t have the experience of forum format to say whether or not it carries over, but I imagine it would to some extent.

The dynamic in question is when someone is when you have a scum pair, and one of the two is clearly giving off massive scum tells. Even if it’s not necessarily crystal clear for town, it’s clear for the other scum, because they know to look for the tells in the first place.

Generally, when I’ve seen it, it plays out in two phases. At first, there is genuine attempts to subtly deflect away from the scumminess of their partner. It’s always fraught, because if you lean in too hard, you become an obvious target for elimination in later days, so it has to be subtle. Where it really starts to show itself is not even necessarily the person doing the deflection, but in the perceptible differences in the way that their partner interacts with them.

In a d1 that was notable for just how wildly defensive LQ was getting about even the slightest hint of a scum read on him, basically the only slot that did not almost immediately spur instant defensiveness was from Astra/Strange.

Here's some posts, with some brief notes. Hope you can piece together the narrative I'm presenting here. Feeling a bit under the weather, so best I can do under the circumstances. Far from exhaustive. Tried to leave out stuff that could count but may also be very dubious.

Examples of defensiveness in response to:
Roden –
T3 –
Alstro –
Me –
Me and T3 –
Defensiveness tell in general (which had not been brought up by Astra/Strange slot) –

LQ responding in a less heated way to Astra/Strange presenting guarded SRs of him:

Back and forth between Strange and LQ (one example of a few, not much evidence of this happening with LQ and other players):

Mopre exchanges oin which he and Strange are, on some level (intended or not) backing one another up:

Literally first time LQ says something that can be even construed as testy towards the Astra/Strange slot is when he tells Strange never to vote for a slot just for info.

Incidentally, is a smoking gun? Does NP stand for night play, and LQ thought he was messaging in scum chat?) Strange’s response is maybe the most obviously irritated I’ve seen them in game (though entirely possibly because it was a brisque way to address them irrespective of whether they were doing it to divert attention from LQ.)

LQ does vote for Strange in , but I don’t buy it tbh. It’s a really half-hearted dig.

I know this is very based in emotiion, but that was literally how we tagged LQ in the first place. Makes sense that their interactions might also reveal who his team member was.
VOTE: strange
This post is very towny.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:11 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

So I'm just going to be saying this again since it's somewhat relevant but in my personal experience trying to actually catch scum with partner often ends up leading into Town making many, many mistakes over the course of a single game. My first game had this exact problem, where Town read into interactions where Lukewarm (scum) interacted with multiple people. I just feel like that partners is undeniably the most inconsistent way to catch scum and scum plays around this by dragging down town when they die as well.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:23 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 919, MargotRosa wrote:Went through ISOs of Roden and T3, and I'll save you the whole shebang, but I just don't think it's them. I know I'm Town. In my mind, it can only be Strange.
Well you can just take my word for this since scum is either you or in your TRs since I know you're certainly wrong this. Also, it feels like you haven't really said anything about T3 and that pivot in particular feels like you at the point couldn't make much of a case on T3 as scum and then switched to voting me.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:52 am

Post by T3 »

In post 903, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 897, T3 wrote:or i can VOTE: strange
It's impossible to tell if you're a flip flopping scum or just committed to ending the game out of sheer boredom lol.
Sheer boredom.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 921, StrangeMatter wrote:So I'm just going to be saying this again since it's somewhat relevant but in my personal experience trying to actually catch scum with partner often ends up leading into Town making many, many mistakes over the course of a single game. My first game had this exact problem, where Town read into interactions where Lukewarm (scum) interacted with multiple people. I just feel like that partners is undeniably the most inconsistent way to catch scum and scum plays around this by dragging down town when they die as well.
I would normally agree with you, but in this instance we have a scum who was making very obvious mistakes and tells throughout d1. I'm just making the point that, given scum completely showed their hand d1, it makes some sense to look to that again when looking at interactions

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”