Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4725 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

DotW on CSF, Sitting On The Fence, Extreme Edition:

Spoiler:
In post 655, Dragon of the West wrote:Okay so I just finished reading through everything...I'm coming to the conclusion that D1s really frustrate me. Quick reads:

A50 - null; not enough content to read. Anyone familiar with A50's town vs scum play? I only played one game with them where they were scum and just seemed disengaged most of the time, similar to here so far.
Andre - townlean; not much content but what was there, I liked for town. reminds me of 233
CSF - mostly null; tone has seemed fine

DGB - townlean; I'm a little confused about how the whole hood thing played out but the way DGB came clean about the 'gambit' and explained the hood interactions in detail struck me as town-ish. Although, I disagree that claimed masons get targeted by scum for NK. the games I've seen so far the claimed masons/neighbors/mason-lites just get kept alive as weak PRs that people get paranoid about
Gamma - null to townlean; this seems like inquisitive town!Gamma for the most part. Seems to be a little more in the driver's seat here from other games I've played with them, but idk if that's AI
House - not sure what to make of this slot. maybe scumlean? some posts seem like they're acting from an informed position or agenda-y, but other ones also strike me as engaged and hunting. not sure if that's just busy-work, though
Kerset - null, no content
MathBlade - scumlean; I think if one of DGB or MathBlade is scum, it's this slot. Paranoia about getting investigated, "botching" the crumb/claim and then using that to cast suspicion on DGB seemed off and kinda scummy. I think they backtracked their DGB read when they realized it might get them killed either before DGB or right after
Nero - honestly, Nero is a mystery to me. Every game he seems to have a tinfoil paranoia hat on that makes no sense to me and sounds like he's just slinging conspiracy theories around and I get paranoid he's scum and then he ends up being town and his theories end up being right. I don't think I'll be on board for a D1 Nero lim
Kyo - null to townlean; thought process and questions seem like town!Kyo
Titus - townlean; much more engaged and aggressive early compared to what I saw in 233 where they were scum. They said they play very different game to game so again not sure if AI but tone strikes me as town
Wake - null, no content

VOTE: MathBlade
Hopefully I'll have more time to be around for discussion tomorrow
In post 1386, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 995, House wrote:Gamma and CSF aren't scum together. :lol:
I agree with this because I think the Gamma/Ythan slot is town but why do you think they specifically couldn't be scum together?
In post 3317, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 3197, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1427, Dwlee99 wrote:
Vote Count 1.18
Dragon of the West (E-2)
- Titus, Cat Scratch Fever, Almost50, House, MathBlade
Titus (2)
- ssbm_Kyouko, Nero Cain
MathBlade (1)
- Ythan
Ythan (1)
- Andresvmb
Almost50 (1)
- Wake88
Cat Scratch Fever (1)
- Kerset
House (1)
- Dragon of the West

Not voting (1)
: DrippingGoofball

It takes
votes to eliminate.

Mod Notes:
House and Titus are VLA through the 20th of September.

Deadline
: (expired on 2021-09-23 17:06:41)
Phone forgot this but the point stands.

I see zero reason for CSF to move from DoTW to Wake if scum.
I'm kind of torn on CSF's slot. I disagree that they're cleared through VCA, but some of their posting has seemed townie to me. Hopping of the Wake wagon was really bad...but it was almost so bad I feel like scum wouldn't have done it because it looks so terrible.

For this post though, scum could have moved off my wagon because they didn't want to look bad by being on a wagon that flips town
In post 3333, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 3297, Nero Cain wrote:Also, I feel a bit like House is just aimless and I'm not sure if that's really a town mindsight. Can I get some opinions on House not using his rolecop ability last night?
In post 3294, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 3250, Dwlee99 wrote:
Vote Count 2.11
Cat Scratch Fever (E-2)
- DrippingGoofball, Titus, House, Almost50, MathBlade
Kerset (1)
- Andresvmb
DrippingGoofball (1)
- Cat Scratch Fever
House (1)
- Dragon of the West

Not voting (4)
: Ythan, ssbm_Kyouko, Kerset, Nero Cain

It takes
votes to eliminate.

Mod Notes:
ssbm_Kyouko is VLA through the 26th of September. Dragon of the West is VLA through the 5th of October. Cat Scratch Fever was previously prodded and has (expired on 2021-09-27 08:19:12) to post before I begin looking for a replacement.

Deadline
: (expired on 2021-10-03 23:06:00)
yeow at me being the top wagon with two votes from people who don't really think I'm scum afaict?

I probably should've declared a v/la for the weekend, but as there's basically no hope of me absorbing the last 20 pages, and admittedly I don't look great by VCA, I'm just going to claim Town [redacted] Backup Vig. Incidentally, I think I'd make for a good rolecop target tonight, and if House survives and can name my entire role, we'll basically have two locktowns because there's already a flipped scum role cop and I don't think scum would be given two role cops.
Hmmm...not sure what to make of this claim. I don't feel too great about relying on House to rolecop because I really think he's scum and you could both be scum together making it meaningless. Especially because I think we should be limming House today. If House flips red this ask to be role copped to create conftowns would look kinda bad for CSF.

I'm not super interested in limming a CSF slot I don't feel strongly about that's claiming a vig role. I think the claim should work itself out mechanically
In post 4420, Dragon of the West wrote:So if we're talking about eliminating in the VTs and no one is claiming vig, CSF is the obvious choice. Backup vig is a weird, out of place claim; if there's no vig, CSF has no utility; if town!Math, CSF can't even be protected despite being useless. At best, CSF is useless town who hasn't really helped solve anyways. At worst, they're scum. I prefer this over a no lim and being in the same place tomorrow

VOTE: CSF

I believe that's L-1
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4726 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:51 pm

VOTE: DotW
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4727 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:54 pm

Kyouko said extraordinarily little about CSF, so could still be scum if DotW doesn't pan out.

Spoiler:
In post 1985, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1890, Kerset wrote:When i vote CSF, no one cares. When CSF votes me then everyone speaks up.
CSF is a vanity wagon, come on to a real one
In post 3691, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 3653, Titus wrote:Yes, let's pretend the mystical vig exists.
I'm assuming it does not or we would have seen a kill last Night. Might still see one toNight, but if CSF role is real it's probably a red herring and the non-backup vig does not exist.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4728 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4536, MathBlade wrote:I kinda don’t like the assuming three.
See here's the thing. It's the correct thing to do. I'm not going to crucify for you since in my last few games there have been town that have speced on a traitor and under or over estimated the setup numbers. It's dumb as fuck to do so but its nullish.
In post 4541, Titus wrote:If you eliminate me, you follow my plan and give Nero a big plate full of motherfucking crow.
then give it to me? Your role is useless and you help with the POE.
In post 4543, Titus wrote:So Nero has Xmen style reads because of his pride.
my reads in X-men were good so you are saying that my reads are good? Also like I helped lead town to a d2 scum elimination and am prob right that it's a /5 split, the vts are town and the last scum is in the pr claims.
In post 4545, Almost50 wrote:@Nero: Why are all VT claims confirmed again?
show me a game that's a 6pr/4vt split? The games below us, Mini Normal 2234 and Mini Normal 2236

2234 was a 5/5 town split

and

2236 was a 6vt/4pr split

but both games had weaker scum teams.

So are we saying that this is a 6pr/4vt b/c scum have a rolecop/voyer and a bp ascetic and ???

I mean maybe I'm a bit stuck in my ways but back in the day games were considered balanced when it was majority vt. I mean obviously, it's not going to be a majority ITG but 50% is fairly close and it's obviously been done b4. And yeah, the recent trend is to make games a bit townsided so I guess it's not
impossible
this game has 6 prs b/c of a slightly stronger scumteam. But this is where my thinking is coming from.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4729 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:58 pm

Andres didn't say much about CSF but I can't find fault with it.

Spoiler:
In post 4003, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1399, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 1038, Wake1 wrote:
In post 34, Titus wrote: Good luck figuring that out. I play different and wild all the time.
In general that makes it more difficult to Scumread you, but also Townread you.
Not a huge fan of Wakes's entrance. Like this is just saying something to say nothing
DotW, Kyouko, and Ythan are Town. I don’t know I’m that confident in these reads, I’ve had some weak spots, but I like those slots for Town almost always.

Since Ythan has supposedly checked Nero Cain, let’s assume Nero is Town. I’m going to have to re-read A50 just to make sure it’s not a well executed bus, but it just didn’t seem like it to me at the time. And I’ll take a leap and say DGB and CSF are Town for now (DGB I have explained in part, but I’m not seeing it, and CSF is an educated guess). That leaves… {Titus, Kerset, Mathblade, House} as my POE.
In post 4382, Andresvmb wrote:CSF is the Backup Vig Claim right?
In post 4387, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: CSF

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4730 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by House »

I'm thinking:

Lim DotW
Jail Kyo if town flip

Pray for no nk

If nk, lim Andres
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4731 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:03 pm

In post 4730, House wrote:I'm thinking:

Lim DotW
Jail Kyo if town flip

Pray for no nk

If nk, lim Andres
I like this plan.

DotW:

Mailman who was super non-committal over CSF, but bus'ed at the last minute. Mitigating factors are (1) he's often wishy-washy anyway and (2) I'm surprised that scum would bus Day 2 but crazier things have happened.

Kyouko:

VT/goon who did not bus Day (as I would predict) and pretended that CSF doesn't exist.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4732 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Titus »

I like that plan.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4733 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by House »

In post 4729, DrippingGoofball wrote:Andres didn't say much about CSF but I can't find fault with it.

Spoiler:
In post 4003, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1399, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 1038, Wake1 wrote:
In post 34, Titus wrote: Good luck figuring that out. I play different and wild all the time.
In general that makes it more difficult to Scumread you, but also Townread you.
Not a huge fan of Wakes's entrance. Like this is just saying something to say nothing
DotW, Kyouko, and Ythan are Town. I don’t know I’m that confident in these reads, I’ve had some weak spots, but I like those slots for Town almost always.

Since Ythan has supposedly checked Nero Cain, let’s assume Nero is Town. I’m going to have to re-read A50 just to make sure it’s not a well executed bus, but it just didn’t seem like it to me at the time. And I’ll take a leap and say DGB and CSF are Town for now (DGB I have explained in part, but I’m not seeing it, and CSF is an educated guess). That leaves… {Titus, Kerset, Mathblade, House} as my POE.
In post 4382, Andresvmb wrote:CSF is the Backup Vig Claim right?
In post 4387, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: CSF
You can't find fault with Andres having 3 locktown and a player calling for me NOT to Rolecop CSF as his PoE?

I can.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4734 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Titus »

Wait, I'm not going for lim Andres unless Math dies.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4735 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by House »

In post 4734, Titus wrote:Wait, I'm not going for lim Andres unless Math dies.
En? The PoE in 4003 was utter dogshite.

I'm calling it 100% town.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4736 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by House »

Oh.

I geddit.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4737 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:13 pm

In post 4736, House wrote:
Oh.

I geddit.
I dunt geddit

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4738 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4554, Andresvmb wrote:maybe Titus (but I TR them quite strongly)
you were scum reading Titus d2, was it just b/c she voted you? What made you town read her? B/c she pushed on CSF a bit.
In post 4574, House wrote:CSF wagon was stalling out at the end of yesterday and Titus and I strong-armed it through.
lol guy. CSF wagon went away until
I
brought it back up. You and she had very little to do with it. You even attempted to wagon me over her.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4739 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4730, House wrote:I'm thinking:

Lim DotW
Jail Kyo if town flip

Pray for no nk

If nk, lim Andres
I don’t but I will do whatever town decides. *shrug*
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4740 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4737, DrippingGoofball wrote:
Oh.

I geddit.
I dunt geddit
Math can clear VTs.

Lim Dragon.
Jail VT if game not ended.
If kill, VT clear.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4741 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by House »

In post 4737, DrippingGoofball wrote:
Oh.

I geddit.
I dunt geddit
Lim Dragon
Jail Kyo
(Non-MB kill)
Lim you, as you have no utility for town and are effectively a chatty VT
Jail Andres
Profit

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4742 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 4508, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4503, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:BP on the scumteam could be a red herring and there is no vig (which seems to be the case) - or it was there to reduce the info that scum got on town's power. They wouldn't know if CSF was ascetic to dodge investigations, BP to dodge vigilantes, or both to dodge both.

So maybe assuming there is a vig is a scumslip, but I think Nero's crumbs were apparent enough that I would buy an uninformed Math drawing that conclusion. I'mma step back from this, I think setup spec is a bait in this one.
Furthermore I didn’t believe Nero was a vig and if he is ??? He said he wasn’t.

Where are you getting Nero vig from? Nero is conf town anyway. He could be Miller ascetic disloyal tomatoes and I don’t care anymore it’s more scum over roles
Thought it was you that pointed to the posts where he was talking about "I give you bullets, who do you shoot tonight" - could be remembering wrong
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4743 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

naw, I gave a list of actions that I'd perform n1 if I had them. House called it fake. back and forth happened. I asked House who should I vig.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4744 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by House »

Those were the days.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4745 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by House »

Who should I Neighborize, btw?

Not that it really matters much at this point, I guess... but if there's a particular player that would be the best target, I'm open to that.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4746 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by House »

I'm guessing Math for utility's sake.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4747 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I KIND of think CSF thought I was a vig and they claimed backup vig thinking it was safe to do so. Although CSF being bp makes me sorta think someone besides the mafia have bullets but that could just be a red herring.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4748 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by House »

In post 4747, Nero Cain wrote:I KIND of think CSF thought I was a vig and they claimed backup vig thinking it was safe to do so. Although CSF being bp makes me sorta think someone besides the mafia have bullets but that could just be a red herring.
I confess.

It's me.

Spoiler:
not really

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor