Mini Normal 2242 | Opossum Mafia | Game Over!

redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by redtea »

blank
zero
zilch
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by redtea »

okay so after some proper reading, I understood wtf house and fua were going on about

I mean the "there is a mafia traitor" IS the signal to scum, and revealing the bulletproof part could be beneficial to reveal. It's like saying "hey, I'm here, don't worry about nk'ing me I'll be safe." Which I think is what fua is hinting at here:

also
In post 490, cool cookie wrote:ah yeah, that reminds me, the traitor is NK immune + gated (no specifics given beyond that). forgot to say that as i didn't really think it mattered, but perhaps it would be helpful when the traitor was trying to fashion a fakeclaim to also gate themselves.
It's just so strange to me that the mod would say that there is a restriction to the bulletproof ability, but not say what that restriction is. Why the alignment and role but not the modifier- though that a modifier exists is mentioned. Is that common?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 603, fua wrote: So you think Cookie is a bulletproof traitor trying to signal to his team, and that redtea is one of the other two scum fakeclaiming to get the heat off of him since such a thing would align with his own role? I can’t imagine one being scum and not the other.
Curious how you got me fakeclaiming to "get the heat off of him" from that post. Like as an aside, maybe-tangential-idea, sure, but why is this your first and only conclusion in this post. Why not "cookie was trying to signal to his team he's the traitor and found a convenient way to do so by pinning redtea as the traitor because of an unfortunate post", which to me seems more obvious. And see:
In post 602, House wrote:Why would town hold off on posting reads after leading a wagon on what they felt was a solid chance at flipping red, knowing that it's probably their only chance to do so if scum flips?
cookie is clearly not inexperienced. He ought to know that, as he was basically seen as conf-town at that point, he was likely gonna be nk'd. I think that may be what he meant by "if I'm still alive tomorrow". But as House says- if he is aware of this, why wouldn't he share his reads now? It's not town behavior. The alternative is he was wary the wagon on me would do a 180 flip onto him, which is extremely self-conscious and also scummy, but I think that scenario's less likely.

I was kind of piecing together what House was probably seeing as I was typing, and I'm tired as hell, so sorry if it seems to just be reiterating the same things as his post(s).
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 642, fua wrote:
In post 628, redtea wrote:okay. I don't like fua's tone in recent posts, but I haven't had the chance to really sit down yet so I won't hop on the wagon for now.
You never like my tone…

:cry:
So when I was skimming + rereading, I really didn't like the tone of your truce proposal post, as it sounded so fake-cooperative to cover the inherent self-preservating aspect of it (and not in a towny way). In that way, however, it kind of wraps back around to it maybe just being the way you play. It's not unlike Farren? I want to say Farren typically sounds more genuine, but honestly I don't think I've played against him as town!me. Off the top of my head, I think he sometimes gets scumread for the same kind of tone + actions.
Man I just don't know, but that you're willing to lim cookie may just be a good sign.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by redtea »

so anyway. Surprisingly productive 40 minutes. I hope you all will join me.

VOTE: cookie

also weird that cookie was actually the one pushing for my lim after my claim, which fua didn't pick up on but DID misread Three's post as something similar. I don't know if there's anything to make of that but no one's pointed it out yet, either.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by redtea »

sorry if there's weird tenses/editing errors/wtv/straight up nonsense. Hopefully nothing that obfuscates the meaning of my posts. I haveta sleep
*Old account here
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:07 pm

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 698, fua wrote:
In post 696, Jacket wrote:
In post 597, fua wrote:I kind of want to let Dwlee prove himself? Osetr’s posts aren’t alignment indicative in hindsight because 90% of his posts were just trolling.
You said you legitimately thought Osetr was scum though.
I don’t think that anymore after context of him being banned from another site and a cursory reread.
In post 699, fua wrote:Also, part of my scumread was justification for my vote on him due to an inherent dislike of his conduct. The other part is me being biased in liking Dwlee and not wanting to scumread him.
sorta dislike this explanation. what did you find scummy about osetr at the time?
In post 145, fua wrote:
In post 142, Jacket wrote:
In post 134, fua wrote:
In post 130, House wrote:
In post 128, Jacket wrote:Also, frankly rude to tell someone new not to play again.
Anyone, for that matter

New or not.
His content is disturbing and disrespectful towards basically everyone here who's actually trying to play the game. I wouldn't say it if he was intentionally going out of his way to break the rules.
So are you voting him because he's disrespectful or because you think he's mafia?
Both!
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:24 pm

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 708, fua wrote:
In post 706, Jacket wrote:
In post 698, fua wrote:
In post 696, Jacket wrote:
In post 597, fua wrote:I kind of want to let Dwlee prove himself? Osetr’s posts aren’t alignment indicative in hindsight because 90% of his posts were just trolling.
You said you legitimately thought Osetr was scum though.
I don’t think that anymore after context of him being banned from another site and a cursory reread.
That doesn't make sense.
People like N_M can troll as scum. It’s part of their lifestyle. People said he was flailing because he was caught, I just followed the wave.
i guess this is it, i should've fully caught up.
osetr does tend to be more of a troll as scum, since his goal is to just have fun.
but again, it's hard to tell this time, because he only posted during the "dumpster fire" phase.

meh, he could've been an easy push to make and then disguise like this, so i'm still doubtful.
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:24 pm

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 721, Three wrote:
In post 595, fua wrote:
In post 589, House wrote:
In post 586, HawaiianPizza wrote:don't tell him that was actually a pretty terrible take on osetr.
As it isn't true, I won't tell him that.
I feel like voting for someone on Day 1 because we won’t be able to rely on them at the end of the game
is
really flimsy reasoning, to be honest. I definitely agree that he deserved to be limmed if he wasn’t replaced because I don’t tolerate that behavior on this site, but that post from Three feels like he’s trying to justify his vote a little bit too much.
In post 605, fua wrote:Actually. @Three I’m seriously suspicious of you, but I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here if you’re willing to do the same with me. It’s in both of our best interests to work on a compromise for today— in case you are town, then scum is obviously going to look to keep our wagons as the main focuses so that the spotlight isn’t turned on them. Both of us
do
give out a lot of content that could be useful to find each other later, so why don’t we let each other keep talking and try to reach a conclusion on something else?

TL;DR: You trust me and take your vote off me, I’ll trust you and take my vote off you.
I don't think scum tries to call a truce with an opposing wagon, so sure, I'll trust you for now.

UNVOTE:
that was easy. perhaps too easy.
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:32 pm

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 695, Jacket wrote:
In post 581, HawaiianPizza wrote:need jacket to explain why he townread osetr/me tbh

i am not getting an answer, am i
I don't feel like explaining, yeah.
based.
i tend to townread this at first, then start getting paranoid and having huge doubts. good luck in the near future.
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:36 pm

Post by HawaiianPizza »

In post 737, Three wrote:If we're calling a truce then I need a new target, and I don't want to vote cookie. We've got three people who basically aren't playing, and the game state doesn't feel like it's had much scum influence, so I think we'd have a good chance hitting scum there. Between George/Zen/A50, I feel least good about George due to their awkward RVS posts. Zen's posts are whatever, and Wake/A50 never posted so I have nothing there. Maybe Wake dropped because they didn't want to play scum?

Otherwise, as far as our active posters go, any that are scum are likely just playing very safe/muted. Assuming the treaty with Fua is pure, I think cookie and redtea are telling the truth and are town. I feel good about House and Dwlee as well.

Which leaves Jacket/STD/T3/Pizza for basically my null reads. T3 is insistent STD is town though, so I could believe it if he gave a compelling enough reason.

For now I'm fine with voting George.

VOTE: George

PE: I could do a Jacket vote as well.
VOTE: Three
explain reads on house/dwlee/fua (other than that treaty)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:39 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 751, redtea wrote:okay so after some proper reading, I understood wtf house and fua were going on about

I mean the "there is a mafia traitor" IS the signal to scum, and revealing the bulletproof part could be beneficial to reveal. It's like saying "hey, I'm here, don't worry about nk'ing me I'll be safe." Which I think is what fua is hinting at here:

also
In post 490, cool cookie wrote:ah yeah, that reminds me, the traitor is NK immune + gated (no specifics given beyond that). forgot to say that as i didn't really think it mattered, but perhaps it would be helpful when the traitor was trying to fashion a fakeclaim to also gate themselves.
It's just so strange to me that the mod would say that there is a restriction to the bulletproof ability, but not say what that restriction is. Why the alignment and role but not the modifier- though that a modifier exists is mentioned. Is that common?
Scum would already know there was a traitor anyway

All of this feels like moonlogic when I think cookie's play has just been townie
I prefer they, thanks :)
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:43 pm

Post by HawaiianPizza »

brain would like to review redtea's posts later. and check T3/Jacket.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:15 pm

Post by Three »

In post 760, HawaiianPizza wrote:
In post 737, Three wrote:If we're calling a truce then I need a new target, and I don't want to vote cookie. We've got three people who basically aren't playing, and the game state doesn't feel like it's had much scum influence, so I think we'd have a good chance hitting scum there. Between George/Zen/A50, I feel least good about George due to their awkward RVS posts. Zen's posts are whatever, and Wake/A50 never posted so I have nothing there. Maybe Wake dropped because they didn't want to play scum?

Otherwise, as far as our active posters go, any that are scum are likely just playing very safe/muted. Assuming the treaty with Fua is pure, I think cookie and redtea are telling the truth and are town. I feel good about House and Dwlee as well.

Which leaves Jacket/STD/T3/Pizza for basically my null reads. T3 is insistent STD is town though, so I could believe it if he gave a compelling enough reason.

For now I'm fine with voting George.

VOTE: George

PE: I could do a Jacket vote as well.
VOTE: Three
explain reads on house/dwlee/fua (other than that treaty)
House is town because we TvT'd earlier.

Dwlee is town because they literally weren't doing anything besides shading people, at least at the time I initially town read them.

Fua isn't a town read.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:20 pm

Post by Three »

In case it isn't clear, I don't think scum actively try to do scummy things Day 1. This is the only Day where you can feasibly get somebody voted out for looking at you weird, so why the hell would scum blatantly try to look scummy right now?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

Hello, everyone! I see there are more people I don't know than there are recognizable faces.

Can anybody catch me up or point me to what to read?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:51 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Skip the first 10 or so pages
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

Thank you :]

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 261, cool cookie wrote:I'm going to claim. I'm an Informed Townie. I know there is a Bulletproof Mafia Traitor in the game. I think the quotes below are Redtea signalling to the rest of the mafia that they are said traitor, partly given it was a really weird out-on-a-limb connection to make in the context of the discussion to that point, and partly because there are very few reasons to make such an effort to hint that you are mafia-aligned, other than being the mafia traitor.
In post 43, redtea wrote:(Translator's Note: gay means mafia-aligned)
In post 46, redtea wrote:im gay
VOTE: redtea

I could be wrong, but there's nothing really lost by me claiming anyway as that's my only power.
I checked those posts and saw someone else also said they were gay (Hawaiian Pizza iirc). Do you suspect both are mafia, or do you think HP (Hewlett-Packard??) was joking/meme'ing?

(Silly question, but I'm just trying to force myself into the game tbh. Otherwise I won't be posting much, which Dwlee will interpret as me being Sucmmy. See, Dwlee seems to think me posting is scummy, while me not posting is also scummy) :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 283, T3 wrote::P

like 95% of the time an unprovoked fakeclaim, details about role pm, or soft will come from town
My Role PM was in English. Does that count? :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 294, Jacket wrote:The claim is very likely a lie.
Are crumbing "Scum that know there's no traitor" or am I missing something?? cookie claimed specific info (i.e. didn't stop at "I'm Informed") so what makes you think it's "very likely a lie"?

P.S. If it's already answered later, I'll find it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 295, cool cookie wrote:
In post 291, Dwlee99 wrote:If t3 tells me to I will
In post 292, Dwlee99 wrote:Or GeorgeBailey

Or STD
are they all even voting redtea themselves?
If your claim is true, this is probably Dwlee signaling his team he is the real Traitor. ;)

TheZenMan
TheZenMan
Goon
TheZenMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:27 am

Post by TheZenMan »

Been away for a while and skimmed the thread. Gut feeling for me is that Cool's insistence on still lynching someone like redtea after the claim is flimsy to me at best. Read the claim and redtea was basically forced to claim, and seems weird to claim complex vig then. Also find it weird that cool is insistent that because redtea is complex vig he can't be of use. Why are you so sure of that?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 315, redtea wrote:also there's daytalk
What's that got to do with anything??

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:32 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 771, Almost50 wrote:
In post 295, cool cookie wrote:
In post 291, Dwlee99 wrote:If t3 tells me to I will
In post 292, Dwlee99 wrote:Or GeorgeBailey

Or STD
are they all even voting redtea themselves?
If your claim is true, this is probably Dwlee signaling his team he is the real Traitor. ;)
The dwlee/STD/GeorgeBailey/t3 dream team

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”