Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 220, Ampharos wrote:ceph, would love it if you could briefly walk me through your mindset at the time - specifically what was going through your mind when they claimed cop
I am surprised this is so controversial tbh. I thought cop was likely to be a scare away claim, especially as I was not expecting a straight up cop to exist in what seems like a complex setup. I felt the way that they claimed it didn't seem like it was coming from a town mindset and some of their other posts (which multiple other players keep pretending didnt exist???) Were bad as well. I can get more detailed momentarily
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:55 am

Post by SCP 999 »

wait i just realized zyla is in this game and has flown under the radar- better vote imo VOTE: zyla
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 80, StrangeMatter wrote:Huh, that RVS ended very quickly for a lot of people or felt like it.
In post 75, Galron wrote:
In post 47, Dunnstral wrote:Don't claim your scp flavor, it's linked to the breach mechanic. It's likely that more dangerous subjects have more dangerous breaches.

Don't be afraid to not use an ability as town if it uses up d-class or security personnel. I don't think all town players are supposed to use their abilities every night.
I like this post.
I agree both of what Dunnstral has said. The Upick is likely designed for not everyone to use their roles and flavor as balance if the roles are probably town favored. However, can't really say if this is town or mafia trying to look good with two fairly reasonable ideas out there, so I'm going to put a pin in this for now.
This post is pretty useless
In post 87, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 82, SirCakez wrote:
In post 80, StrangeMatter wrote:Huh, that RVS ended very quickly for a lot of people or felt like it.
VOTE: strange matter

This is a scum tell
I want to hear what this tell is by the way.
I think this is when I decided to vote this person. The main goal of my vote was pressure, but I felt that caring about why someone has an issue with them on page 4 is a scum trait. if i were scum, i might have been scared to e-1 someone and draw attention to myself and definitely would have provided a nice looking reason for my vote, but ok let's do level 1 thinking and pretend i couldn't do that for some reason because i'm so bad
In post 100, StrangeMatter wrote:Yeah ok.

Btw I can confirm it is a PR role a newbie game would probably have, which is Cop, which I use 5 D-Class to check if they are Town or not.

Either way I don't think my role will be useful anymore unless we happened to have a doctor.
i really didn't like this post. the weasel wording around getting to cop was weird to me, what is the point of telling us this. it seemed like a desperate attempt to link it to something they were already talking about? and discounting their usefulness made me think they were scum who was going to pretend to be roleblocked so they wouldn't have to produce helpful results. so i suggested that they might actually be scum. which was a completely normal thing to do for someone who couldn't see into the future. i wanted to talk about it more and keep them under pressure.
In post 103, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 101, Cephrir wrote:I think this might actually be scum?
I mean go ahead, follow the scumtell with almost no objections to it which nobody has stated and I don't know, kill PR and have another member of Town die.
this is fearmongering which i also feel is a scum trait
In post 104, StrangeMatter wrote:This wagon just stinks of Infiltrators if anyone asks me. If you need my flip to confirm it I don't know what to tell you.
this is omgus
In post 109, StrangeMatter wrote:I'm not going to claim what my flavor is at this point. Only 5 pages in and town has already screwed themselves over, and I'm already annoyed at this game.
and this is being deliberately unhelpful. thought a cop should want to play and not take their ball and go home after a barely post rvs nothing wagon. they crumbled under pressure and it looked like scum. again, i didn't plan to elim them on page 5, but if i saw someone act like this in another game i would vote them again. i'd be right 8 times out of 10.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 223, SCP 999 wrote:"I dont like the places scp 999 has decided to - " gonna stop you right there chief- you're going the level 1 route of assuming disagree = mafia
idk why you would assume don't like doesn't mean "i think it's scummy". it usually does
Bartleby the Scrivener
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:14 am

Post by SCP 999 »

disagree but that can be a postgame discussion because I have strong opinions about it and it would derail the game. Basically i think the "scummy" part is debatable in terms of player accuracy level in finding actual scumtells
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 260, Galron wrote:I'm probably going to scum read Cephrir for life because of another game we played in so I have to be careful with him that I don't confbias myself.
i feel like im going to townread you for life for the same reason, bc i was pushing on stuff there that i legitimately believed tended to come from scum and now i know you just do those things

although im not townreading you yet here i guess!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 279, SCP 999 wrote:disagree but that can be a postgame discussion because I have strong opinions about it and it would derail the game. Basically i think the "scummy" part is debatable in terms of player accuracy level in finding actual scumtells
ok well for future reference if i say i dislike something it means i think it's scummy or coming from scum and the opposite goes for liking
Bartleby the Scrivener
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Galron »

In post 270, Infinity Zero wrote:
In post 262, Galron wrote:I think Infinity saying that she and Gamma are out of sync isn't something a town hyrdra would be so concerned about as a scum hydra.
imo this is something i should be concerned about as both alignments so that we're not a pain to play with

-infinity
I think what I was getting at more was that you had to make a point of expressing it rather than the actual fact that it may be happening. If town, I think I'd have a tendency just to try to fix the problem rather than tell everyone there is a problem and then go try to fix it.
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:27 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

fair enough, i try to be more transparent when i'm under pressure, also i have thoughts but i want to talk to gamma a bit more before i voice them

-infinity
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 150, SCP 999 wrote:hey friends - I want to just let people know lets not get into the trap of only attacking people who talk a lot because its so easy to do that ! friends friends!
You make a decent point

VOTE: SirCakez
How was commenting on the fact that RVS ended early a scumtell on SM?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 284, Zyla wrote:Not a bad point
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

VOTE: zyla

i hate that vote, especially since you're sheeping someone who is currently voting you. also i agree with koba that you're going under the radar

gamma is fine with this vote and is more skeptical of my ceph townlean

we both think galron's burst of posting was towny

-infinity
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

In post 275, Cephrir wrote:
In post 220, Ampharos wrote:ceph, would love it if you could briefly walk me through your mindset at the time - specifically what was going through your mind when they claimed cop
I am surprised this is so controversial tbh. I thought cop was likely to be a scare away claim, especially as I was not expecting a straight up cop to exist in what seems like a complex setup. I felt the way that they claimed it didn't seem like it was coming from a town mindset and some of their other posts (which multiple other players keep pretending didnt exist???) Were bad as well. I can get more detailed momentarily
this was mostly my thought process as well. also they felt overly ready to claim which i thought was scummy

-infinity
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

In post 231, Galron wrote:Dwlee doesn't seem upset their hammer was taken.
no one said this

-Gamma
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

In post 262, Galron wrote:Xfinity Zero I should scum read, but I have a null there. I think Infinity saying that she and Gamma are out of sync isn't something a town hyrdra would be so concerned about as a scum hydra. So I guess a lean scum atp. Their content seems to be a bit scattered, so it's hard to get a read off of that.
I feel like being more cohesive as a hydra unit is generally a good thing, dissonance can be towny or scummy in certain cases but in general I'd say hydra dissonance is anti-town because it's distracting. No one wants to have to parse through a slot that has wildly wavering takes. Last time me and infinity hydra'ed we also posted a lot of notes in the hydra discord, and while I don't believe our takes always meshed we basically knew where to give and where to take.

-Gamma
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 174, Ampharos wrote:oh wait i figured it out

i may be stupid
To be fair, SCP-999 did not say that they were Koba directly. They had not specifically said anything except implying that they were Taco Hemingway, and I don't know if it's common knowledge that that's their alt or not
In post 142, Cephrir wrote:i don't agree that that was literally all they said. not sure there is much point in relitigating it now though.
I don't like this, there's not very much information for us to go on at this point, so how is talking about what we do know ever not relevant?
In post 273, Cephrir wrote:
In post 211, Roden wrote:This feels like a reach, there just wasn't enough content or posts at the time to say they looked scummy, RVS had barely even ended at the time.
I feel like it's kinda not my problem if you dont read as deeply as I am reading
Except your job as town is not just to say "this person is scum" and then vote for them, it's to explain *why* they look scummy so that people can agree or explain why you're wrong so that we can figure out if you're correct or not
In post 209, Dunnstral wrote:Sircakez vote reasoning was one of the most plausible/justifiable from what I've seen. Other than that, they haven't done anything at all, and seemed pretty unconcerned coming into today.
I do not really follow this one, how is the fact that SM said they were surprised at how quickly the 'serious' voting started scummy? I would have thought that not an issue
In post 140, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 126, Zyla wrote:Hm. Cephrir seemed to not have a good reason for putting SM at E-1
But I'm also not sure about Dwlee not believing a Cop claim on D1

For now Cephrir doesn't look very loyal to the foundation, so
VOTE: Cephrir
btw this post is super scummy

sounds like the kind of person who wanted to come in here and eliminate deadbeat today, and now deadbeat is dead and town so they just moved down the line.
I mean, you're not 100% wrong, the person who hammered looked the guiltiest, and Cephrir looked guilty to me for bringing her to E-1
In post 55, Roden wrote:Every Day start, we definitely should claim if we used up any resources during the night. Only scum will have a reason to lie about any D-Class personnel they may have used up, and I'm fairly certain everyone has at least one ability they can use.
I will say I'm not sure about this post. If I'm not mistaken, more D-Class personnel suggests a stronger power, so wouldn't people claiming their usage just tell the infiltrators who has the strongest powers?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 253, SCP 999 wrote:Hm
Ok

dunns btw you need to.lay your thought process out - i do want to trust your reads to some degree as a near clear townie, but i am viewing things differently and, yes i have the capacity to be big wrong and need a little nudging.
I think opposing opinions are useful to reach a solved state.

That being said dwlees confused reaction plus the fact ik theyre busy irl is like plausibility enough of them being town so UNVOTE:
Hmm I'll accept a truce here I think
UNVOTE:
I prefer they, thanks :)
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Zyla »

I won't be around for the rest of the night, so here's a readslist

LLD - Lock Town

Dunn, Galron - Town
Ampharos - Light Town
Roden - Null Town
Dwlee, Infinity, SCP - Null
Sir Cakes - Scum Lean
Cephrir - Scum

GIF - Definitely Scummy, all of his posts are major TMI
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:50 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

why is galron as high as dunn?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 292, Zyla wrote:I won't be around for the rest of the night, so here's a readslist

LLD - Lock Town

Dunn, Galron - Town
Ampharos - Light Town
Roden - Null Town
Dwlee, Infinity, SCP - Null
Sir Cakes - Scum Lean
Cephrir - Scum

GIF - Definitely Scummy, all of his posts are major TMI
why aren't you voting for me then
Bartleby the Scrivener
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by SirCakez »

VOTE: roden
don't like
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by SirCakez »

ceph's hammer reaction was actually townie cuz I've felt the same way post hammers I thought were scum
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by SirCakez »

i didn't use any d class or guards last night
In post 138, Infinity Zero wrote:why the votes on us

-infinity
eww
In post 162, SCP 999 wrote:yeah whats up cakez
still mad about the end of day 1
In post 169, DkKoba wrote:
In post 168, Ampharos wrote:lmao what the fuck happened while i was gone

anyways, mech stuff:
- my role does not use d-class or guards
- i visited dunnstral last night and was told that he is town; this result is unrelated to my role

will post actual game related takes later
kinda sus
how so?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I literally dropped a poke vote on SM and came back and they were hammered
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by SirCakez »

oh 999 is Koba? this feels like scum Koba

VOTE: scp 999
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”