He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Roden »

In post 492, SCP 999 wrote:ok fk it im impatient lol

Subject: Newbie 2076: Mafia Hideout
Roden wrote:Weird. But yeah I can do that. Bus me if you need to, T3 will probably suspect me since he's seen me steamroll the last two scum games and knows he can't let me fly under the radar.

im still gonna keep reading stuff but - this SUPER stood out as this is confirmation that roden does default to lurky under the radar play as scum.

I'm going to leave the reaction to Roden to see if they deny it before I even bother verifying this - but essentially I think I caught scum lackin and trying to just watch town eat eachother for the most part(this HARDSPEWS infinity town too -> remember that.)
Oof. This is a fair point about my scum meta but I'm not actually lurking, you can see in my post history I've posted very little at all on this site the past couple days. Tbh as long as you don't metabad I'm more than fine with having someone dig into my meta.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Roden »

Ngl 999 you're already doing better than literally everyone in Scarlet Witch who tried to meta me.
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:43 am

Post by SCP 999 »

who is the person who is linked to Dunn as claiming to receive the FN message?
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:45 am

Post by SCP 999 »

I just realized its not Amph after reading that ISO - and recent postings are making me doubt stuff and I need to go back and look at Dunn + their linked partner.
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:49 am

Post by SCP 999 »

In post 168, Ampharos wrote:lmao what the fuck happened while i was gone

anyways, mech stuff:
- my role does not use d-class or guards
- i visited dunnstral last night and was told that he is town; this result is unrelated to my role

will post actual game related takes later
oh nvm it is amph i just can't read lmao

and i wasnt townreading dunn at the time and wanted to pressure amph at the time :lol: (still don't actually)

i'd really like to hear more thoughts from dunn + amph though - just because 1 clears the other does not a masonry make - and I will forever ignore mechs in favor of solving holistically <3
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:51 am

Post by SCP 999 »

@Cephir, I have possibly the least experience playing with you - only doing so by proxy via Team Mafia iirc - what would you say are key differences in play when you are scum vs when you are town? - I'm basically asking you to explain why you are town for sure here. I am asking this from a place of townreading you - but I'm currently at a point where everyone feels *good* to some degree and I need to start raising the bar more.
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

tbh i liked and didn't hate roden's reaction to the meta thing; i like a zyla vote better but i'll see what gamma says

@zyla actions are one thing but dunn is confirmed town unless he's doing a gambit with amy, do you think that's likely?

-infinity
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:55 am

Post by SCP 999 »

In post 125, Roden wrote:Wtf happened yesterday? I woke up to the thread being locked and a Cop claim getting flash wagon'd for no apparent reason. I kept rereading what happened but all anyone kept saying was "yeah this is probably scum" over and over again.

I believe the Vig claim since I'm sure scum were salivating over Deadbeat's hammer and would never NK a policy elim. Though this means scum either no-killed or got blocked; it's possible they tried to shoot 999 to try to call their bluff. Either that or we have a protective role making god tier plays with zero information.
what about this did you like ?
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

genuine but not overblown frustration about the d1 elim; good mechanics spec

-infinity
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

In post 433, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Still scumread Infinity more, but my list is basically ordered.

Infinity over Koba over Zyra
unless I again have yet the read the specific post, you've yet to justify why you have us as such a strong SR.

-Gamma
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:07 am

Post by SCP 999 »

In post 508, Infinity Zero wrote:genuine but not overblown frustration about the d1 elim; good mechanics spec

-infinity
but this is not a good holistic reason to townread ?

thats not how effective scumhunting works - you should know that.
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

In post 510, SCP 999 wrote:
In post 508, Infinity Zero wrote:genuine but not overblown frustration about the d1 elim; good mechanics spec

-infinity

/shrug, it's enough for a townlean for me, i might re-evaluate later but i don't have a particular reason to suspect him atm

-infinity
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 34, SCP 999 wrote:
In post 31, Zyla wrote:Huh! I'm not aware of that, must've not been on this account?
do you like tacos???? yummy!!
In post 506, Infinity Zero wrote:@zyla actions are one thing but dunn is confirmed town unless he's doing a gambit with amy, do you think that's likely?
I don't think it's likely, but I'm not at the point where I'm ready to locktown him either
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:12 am

Post by SCP 999 »

In post 511, Infinity Zero wrote:

-infinity

/shrug, it's enough for a townlean for me, i might re-evaluate later but i don't have a particular reason to suspect him atm

-infinity
you're on the chopping block - why are you *not* concerned with going deeper into reasoning?
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:18 am

Post by SCP 999 »

mmmmmmmmmmm

at this point im thinking like -

yeah.

zyla/infinity has 1 scum. that's SvT.

Idk im fucking like trying to restructure my reads bc i started feeling like everyone was towny and it was fucking with me.

bleh
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

maybe i should be. i don't really know if there's that much to analyze from roden's posts though. also i wanted to talk to gamma. he said that he liked but not much else

it's possible that roden just posted that big wall in order to get townreads but it didn't really feel that way and i thought it was relatively towny how he wanted to townread our slot because he related to gamma's frustration about being sred early on. i think towniest connect their reads to personal experiences and emotions a lot and scum might not think to fake that. that's about it

-infinity
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 505, SCP 999 wrote:@Cephir, I have possibly the least experience playing with you - only doing so by proxy via Team Mafia iirc - what would you say are key differences in play when you are scum vs when you are town? - I'm basically asking you to explain why you are town for sure here. I am asking this from a place of townreading you - but I'm currently at a point where everyone feels *good* to some degree and I need to start raising the bar more.
I'm a good scum player, at least as far as avoiding the lim. I excel at sounding town tonally and imitating my town game.

At a baseline, I tend to play more confident and care more as scum and be kind of a sideline/support player as town (though I still post plenty usually), but I'm aware of this so will sometimes project lower confidence and/or wim on purpose. Perhaps unfortunately, having bad reads is probably a towntell. As for how to tell the difference, I honestly don't know, but some people seem to manage it. I'm probably better at sounding town on my own than managing associatives?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:30 am

Post by SCP 999 »

Can you then tell me where you're at in terms of reads then? - Who should be off the table mainly
SCP 999
SCP 999
Goon
SCP 999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:30 am

Post by SCP 999 »

In post 516, Cephrir wrote:
In post 505, SCP 999 wrote:@Cephir, I have possibly the least experience playing with you - only doing so by proxy via Team Mafia iirc - what would you say are key differences in play when you are scum vs when you are town? - I'm basically asking you to explain why you are town for sure here. I am asking this from a place of townreading you - but I'm currently at a point where everyone feels *good* to some degree and I need to start raising the bar more.
I'm a good scum player, at least as far as avoiding the lim. I excel at sounding town tonally and imitating my town game.

At a baseline, I tend to play more confident and care more as scum and be kind of a sideline/support player as town (though I still post plenty usually), but I'm aware of this so will sometimes project lower confidence and/or wim on purpose. Perhaps unfortunately, having bad reads is probably a towntell. As for how to tell the difference, I honestly don't know, but some people seem to manage it. I'm probably better at sounding town on my own than managing associatives?
Appreciate it
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

-infinity

The former is basically what I liked as well. Dude has 20 posts, I can only work with what I've got. And I mean as expressed above I'm not actually a good scumhunter so nyeh.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

In post 464, SirCakez wrote:why?
it looks like you're throwing out suspicions and seeing what sticks

-Gamma
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

In post 473, Zyla wrote:Towniness isn't based on actions for me, galron and dunn both didn't have bad vibes
I think Infinity was more curious why you had Galron equivalent to someone who is town by night play presumably (not that I'm trying to object to the read, I'm just saying for the sake of discussion)

-Gamma
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

In post 484, SCP 999 wrote:Ok this is a random question for everyone : but who feels that Roden has flown really hard under the radar?
He maybe has but I don't think it's like in 235 where he felt suspicious for it, it just seems like maybe a consequence of the gamestate?

-Gamma
Infinity Zero
Infinity Zero
Goon
Infinity Zero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Infinity Zero »

In post 489, SCP 999 wrote:ok like full honesty i want to switch to roden 100% but like im afraid of people then flipping it as me trying to "save a partner" [zyla] and then like end up mislimming today and then tomorrow is even worse and we snowball into a loss - so i'm being careful trying to make sure we can cooperate - but if people are willing to listen and be convinced, I'd like to shine light on Roden here right now.
I don't object to bringing Roden into the light but I think unless I actually sense something off from him I won't be down to push there for real

-Gamma
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 474, SCP 999 wrote:LLD. - if you are town here i implore you to consolidate onto zyla because i hard tr infinity here - like the fact that out of all your reads and my reads differences and im hard pushing the one read we do share scumread wise, you should be able to at *least* consider good faith for getting zyla out - you have many reasons for scumreading her - and i have a similarly strong read there for other reasons - mainly that she is the least towny( my method of sorting now primarily focuses on how much i townread someone as thats my strong point - finding townies)

You should understand that my pov that you likely can be a scum doing a gambit to avoid being limmed and control the gamestate at the same time.

I also ask others leave infinityalone at least 1 day phase here - and reconsider on zyla's flip.
If zyla does flip town - I'll start reevalling - but until then i dont think i need to because i believe its a hit.
I agree Zyla is scummy but why is IZ town?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”