Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3020, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3017, unwnd wrote:Based on your own dissertation it sounded like you just disagreed

That doesn't mean my brain isn't working, we're just not on the same wavelength
if you're town, i'm sorry, i just can't construct a realistic model of town!unwnd based on your posting

and i've been trying
Cause you're evil and you need to keep your mislim open
I prefer they, thanks :)
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 2981, unwnd wrote:Taly is a big question mark for me because they don't fit in my mind. This is a curious (?) where I don't think they're townie but also not null. They're a hard elimination and in my absolute tinfoil paranoia
I think they're being protected by scum
. I have less on the motivations of why, but I feel their presence to not be something that relieves me. Maybe it's their nature to weird, but I can't townread weird because something tells me that Taly is probably decent at his own weirdness and using it as a means to be townread. There's nothing entirely wrong with his approach but that alone makes me question because it is presented in such a processed and orderly manner where every appearance by him is very deliberate. It would be townie in another game but not this one, and not based on the events that have happened.
The bolded is the epitome of my fear this game but presented from an outside perspective with seemingly incomplete knowledge of my slot.

What unsettles me is that you don't reach any conclusion of my alignment from this information. Am I townblocking with my scumteam or am I good slot to parrot and WK as town for later game WIFOM?

On one hand, I can sympathize and appreciate your POV, on the other - this is the only time you've directly spoken about my slot. So its hard to gauge whether your suspicion is natural.

You are correct about one thing.

I am not a player to take at face value.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3015, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2997, petapan wrote:
In post 2987, Infinity 324 wrote:i feel bad but...unwnd still isn't towntelling imo

also i'm not super convinced about the cakez case but at this point i'm ok sheeping it. kinda done with this phase tbh
his walls as scum are a lot more empty
unwnd? that wall felt pretty empty to me tbh
i don't agree. i was wrong on him once because he tends to ramble as town and i had no idea what to think. but he's making points and they're fine and make sense it's not all obfuscation and inconclusiveness
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3024, skitter30 wrote:@peta wrt your sircakez case:

cakez is quite clearly not invested in the game, and i think that most of your issues with the depth of his thoughts functionally stem from that.
the issue i'm having with the conclusion that he's scum because of it is that we have gypyx + toog + dwlee to a similar extent playing in a very similar way, and i don't think they're all scum.

cakez' is uninvested and shallow, yeah. i'm not coninvced that's inherently scum-indicative

tonally/emotionally i think he's being very honest about his thoughts and feelings and approach to the game, and i still like his mortal kombat thing from last night
i don't think he's scum and i don't think i can vote him here
i don't care if he's uninvested he's capable of stringing togethere coherent reasoning and what he's shading people for is just scummy
free crypto
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 3026, Taly wrote:
In post 2981, unwnd wrote:Taly is a big question mark for me because they don't fit in my mind. This is a curious (?) where I don't think they're townie but also not null. They're a hard elimination and in my absolute tinfoil paranoia
I think they're being protected by scum
. I have less on the motivations of why, but I feel their presence to not be something that relieves me. Maybe it's their nature to weird, but I can't townread weird because something tells me that Taly is probably decent at his own weirdness and using it as a means to be townread. There's nothing entirely wrong with his approach but that alone makes me question because it is presented in such a processed and orderly manner where every appearance by him is very deliberate. It would be townie in another game but not this one, and not based on the events that have happened.
The bolded is the epitome of my fear this game but presented from an outside perspective with seemingly incomplete knowledge of my slot.

What unsettles me is that you don't reach any conclusion of my alignment from this information. Am I townblocking with my scumteam or am I good slot to parrot and WK as town for later game WIFOM?

On one hand, I can sympathize and appreciate your POV, on the other - this is the only time you've directly spoken about my slot. So its hard to gauge whether your suspicion is natural.

You are correct about one thing.

I am not a player to take at face value.
You have fear of..being pocketed? Being protected? Explain it a bit more.
Stop
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3007, ulyana wrote:like 'towntelling' about not knowing how many sabotages there are and such
where did he do this?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3022, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2998, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't think we should assume the scum team sabotaged after the target was chosen, I think it was selected before that. So if gamma is town I don't think the sabotage actually says anything about galron's alignment. Also, I'll do this for Peta
VOTE: Cakez
This vote is sort of completely hypocritical cause the reasons Peta are suggesting here are also just how I've been playing so I'm not sure what the difference is to him but sure
Yeah I think it was basically instant so if scum sabotaged because of who I suspected that means they didn’t want someone in (Toog, Galron/unwnd, Ceph, Dwlee) dead, but it’s more likely they just wanted to kill a player who they felt they couldn’t mislim
Let's say there is one scum in that list. I think scum could have done the math and realized that sabotaging doesn't decrease the odds one of them dies from the execution, so I think it's more likely to be just to kill pooky
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2981, unwnd wrote:Taly is a big question mark for me because they don't fit in my mind. This is a curious (?) where I don't think they're townie but also not null. They're a hard elimination and in my absolute tinfoil paranoia I think they're being protected by scum. I have less on the motivations of why, but I feel their presence to not be something that relieves me. Maybe it's their nature to weird, but I can't townread weird because something tells me that Taly is probably decent at his own weirdness and using it as a means to be townread. There's nothing entirely wrong with his approach but that alone makes me question because it is presented in such a processed and orderly manner where every appearance by him is very deliberate. It would be townie in another game but not this one, and not based on the events that have happened.
also i read this and just kinda went :huh?:
i don't think taly is being theatrical/processed at all, and i don't' think he's getting townread for 'weirdness' either
and where do you see 'protected by scum' ? like what does that mean and where is that happening
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Taly »

I'm more often endgamed than I am mislimmed.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2981, unwnd wrote:I think Skitter is very not afraid to put her stake in things but that makes it dangerous because
I've seen her do so to dissuade town
. It's just this dismissive attitude that is rubbing me wrong and I wish it didn't.
bolded: whree have you seen this happening?
second sentence: my apologies if i'm being dismissive, i will try to be better
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 3030, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3007, ulyana wrote:like 'towntelling' about not knowing how many sabotages there are and such
where did he do this?
In post 2993, unwnd wrote:Why waste a Sabotage (I am assuming they're x-shot, there's no way scum get free reign to sabotage every event) if your teammate is the one at the helm of the event?
j'aurai disparu
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

To be specific, (n - 1)/n * 1/(n - 1) = 1/n which is the chance of a scum dying in that list if only one is
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by unwnd »

Skitter I am literally looking at you like

1) We will never mesh, you are in pure opposition in the way I play this game
2) You are going to continue to try and create matter-of-fact statements about my play but you pivoting literally does not benefit you if you're scum

This is not the fight I want right now
Stop
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3027, petapan wrote:i don't agree. i was wrong on him once because he tends to ramble as town and i had no idea what to think. but he's making points and they're fine and make sense it's not all obfuscation and inconclusiveness
can you explain to me why he actually scumreads skitter then? how about taly?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 3033, Taly wrote:I'm more often endgamed than I am mislimmed.
i was miselimmed once very sad experience +(

skitter was even trying her hardest to save me!
j'aurai disparu
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2983, unwnd wrote:{Gamma}
{Gypyx, Dwlee, Ulyana}
{Dunnstral, Ydrasse, Infinity, Peta}
{Skitter, Taly}
{Toog, Saber, Cakez}
i just kinda look at this and go ???? because it doesn't vibe with my sense of the gamestate at all

pedit ok i can drop it if you don't want to do this. i don't think i can unvote at this time tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by SirCakez »

damn unwnd and Peta both dropped books and I was about to sit down and watch tv and eat snacks ahhh
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

This makes me think that we actually should really look at pooky's posts cause scum either 1.) Didn't do the math to realize that it doesn't decrease the chance of them dying (I haven't done the math for more than 1 scum in a list but I suspect it is the same) or 2.) Really wanted Pooky dead.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 3033, Taly wrote:I'm more often endgamed than I am mislimmed.
Is this because you think your reads aren't good? Susceptible to pocket? Still would like a little bit more cause yeah my thoughts were genuine and this is opportunity to get a more personal looka t you.
Stop
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2996, unwnd wrote:They were already getting an extra free kill if Gamma is scum and just gets to execute whoever the hell they want lol
well, not if scum-gamma wants to live afterwards?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3005, Dwlee99 wrote:Like what evidence do you think points to the sabotage being selected AFTER Gamma made his choice?
Yeah this just, wouldn’t be fair? Scum could always just veto the first execution attempt if it’ll kill one of them. And they could then argue WIFOM.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 3040, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2983, unwnd wrote:{Gamma}
{Gypyx, Dwlee, Ulyana}
{Dunnstral, Ydrasse, Infinity, Peta}
{Skitter, Taly}
{Toog, Saber, Cakez}
i just kinda look at this and go ???? because it doesn't vibe with my sense of the gamestate at all

pedit ok i can drop it if you don't want to do this. i don't think i can unvote at this time tho
The only way I can convince you (if town) is continue to eliminate red to where it would be stupid of me to do so

Or flip

Pretty much where I'm at lol
Stop
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 3042, Dwlee99 wrote:This makes me think that we actually should really look at pooky's posts cause scum either 1.) Didn't do the math to realize that it doesn't decrease the chance of them dying (I haven't done the math for more than 1 scum in a list but I suspect it is the same) or 2.) Really wanted Pooky dead.
to me pooky was basically confirmed and! pooky is a very capable town, so

i just kinda assume mafia took the opportunity to kill pooky because of this
j'aurai disparu
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: Dunnstral
I think we should do this
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3047, ulyana wrote:
In post 3042, Dwlee99 wrote:This makes me think that we actually should really look at pooky's posts cause scum either 1.) Didn't do the math to realize that it doesn't decrease the chance of them dying (I haven't done the math for more than 1 scum in a list but I suspect it is the same) or 2.) Really wanted Pooky dead.
to me pooky was basically confirmed and! pooky is a very capable town, so

i just kinda assume mafia took the opportunity to kill pooky because of this
But there will almost definitely be more opportunities for scum to kill. I doubt that each one will actually require a sabotage as well, so this is special I think

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”