Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1616, Bingle wrote:
In post 1600, Morning Tweet wrote:I can't remember the last pro-town thing Bingle did this game
anyone with half a brain would know that hammering Wisdom there would bring them under a lot of scrutiny they didn't want to be under as scum.

It's a weak defense, but I'm actually pretty well regarded for my scum game and this game is not it. I could see it maybe if I were trying to set up a deep wolf partner to go the distance, but me playing this sloppily as scum doesn't match up with any of my prospective scum partners.

I know, I know. WIFOM.
The hammer makes more sense with SS as Bingle's partner because the hammer reeks of scum being extremely eager to get the 8-ball elim, which would lead town to look on the wagon for the other scum, rather than suspecting Mom/SS who wasn't on the wagon.
In fact part of why Bingle might have been so eager is precisely
because
he could lim Wisdom without his buddy needing to be on the wagon.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1630, Bingle wrote:most of them (the exception being imagine) had also expressed willingness to shift to imagine earlier
Bingle admitting he knew voting me could have seen me elimmed D1 and had no concern about that.
I know Bingle will say that's cos he's town and I didn't seem super town D1, but coming from scum!Bingle this is further evidence he's paired with SS rather than me. This setup doesn't seem a great one for bussing buddies D1.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by imaginality »

SS earlier:
In post 1641, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 995, Something_Smart wrote:maginality seemed like the most likely person to pick Wisdom as the 8-ball, as well as being Wisdom's primary suspect.
Is your read any deeper than this?
In post 1643, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1641, Morning Tweet wrote:Is your read any deeper than this?
No, other than that PoE put him at a baseline of 67% and he was highly unlikely to be the 8-ball.
SS today: -tries to dredge up whatever he can that might make me look scum-

Wouldn't a town SS have brought up that stuff yesterday? No reason to wait til today unless you're caught scum putting in more effort as you get worried you and Bingle are being cornered.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1700, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1698, imaginality wrote:
In post 1667, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 604, Save The Dragons wrote:
4 Wisdom (House, Taly, the worst, imaginality)
More food for thought. A Bingle/me team would require believing that this was all town.

But I think it makes sense with Bingle/imaginality knowing that a few townies (Alisae, Taly) were going to be pushing Wisdom and they could hop on afterward.

And I do kinda feel that Wisdom being made the 8-ball implies that the two people who voted him the day before were probably both town? Like a Bingle/imagine team could count on at least those two, and it's easy for imagine to set up a vote on him, and then go from there. But a Bingle/Alisae team would have to keep people off of Alisae and they'd have only Bingle to help with that.
Your version means both scum being on the 8-ball wagon which seems kind of risky to me (doubly so with the way Bingle joined it, triply so with them night killing someone who was on the wagon). Choosing a 8-ball they could have hopes town would push for them seems a smarter option.
Wisdom was pushed by taly/ali, no?
To clarify I mean that scum were more likely to choose an 8-ball that they didn't both have to push to get over the line. Which fits with Wisdom, given I'm town. But doesn't fit if I'm scum. Because then you have both scum on the wagon. If I were scum after D1 I'd have stayed on Ali D2 rather than hop onto an 8-ball wagon. Would've hoped Mom would join it by end of day.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1627, Morning Tweet wrote: Mom has no gameplay. Nothing to suggest being with or not being with anyone really.

Maybe if anything it's slightly surprising no one EVER tried to use her as a mislim. Like who ever brings up that slot to vote? No one. If there are two scum not named Mom, I'm sort of surprised at that. SS points this out himself after repping in, lol.
I actually don't find that so suspicious in this game with good players all round. I think it is null rather than a point for SS being scum.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by imaginality »

(Going into a few hours of work meetings so wanted to comment on all the relevant stuff first. I'll shut up awhile now.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1727, imaginality wrote:No reason to wait til today unless you're caught scum putting in more effort as you get worried you and Bingle are being cornered.
Why would this be asymmetric with respect to my alignment? If this is a pure 1v1 with Bingle being caught scum, I would be equally afraid of losing as either alignment.

Plus, it's entirely silly to say that there's no reason for me to do this as town. If nothing else, just because I didn't feel like doing it until now.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1660, Morning Tweet wrote:Not really my issue so much as that it reads anti-partnery to me.
I mean... I don't care if you don't have an issue with it? If I can develop a strong read on SS this game gets a whole lot easier.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1665, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 405, Bingle wrote:VOTE: ali

I don’t really trust this sudden shift to Wis, makes me worried he’s an 8 ball, tbh.
what is this post

like actually what is it
Can we all just assume I posted all those things I posted D2 which explained that post, or do we have to beat that horse again?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1670, Something_Smart wrote:Like I know Bingle and I know that he would do something like that. Because if he gets executed the next day then it goes right to theoretical mylo if scum can guess the execution target.
:neutral:

What leads to any of these conclusions?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1685, Morning Tweet wrote:Bingle do you ever get tired of being the 8-ball?
I can 100% guarantee that any scumteam that made me 8 ball today is shitting the bed fantastically, given, you know, they win with my elimination regardless of whether I'm the 8 ball.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1732, Bingle wrote:
In post 1660, Morning Tweet wrote:Not really my issue so much as that it reads anti-partnery to me.
I mean... I don't care if you don't have an issue with it? If I can develop a strong read on SS this game gets a whole lot easier.
My point was whether or not SS interpreted imagine's posts reasonably I don't think it matters to his alignment.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1736, Morning Tweet wrote:My point was whether or not SS interpreted imagine's posts reasonably I don't think it matters to his alignment.
Sure it does. If SS was obviously not making an attempt to read the post then that's VERY scum indicative for SS. The point was finding out if SS had a reasonable parsing of the post because if it was as bad as I thought it was it implied he just didn't bother reading it and was instead throwing shit at a wall to see if it stuck.

Scum team is confirmed not me/bat, btw.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by House »

Idk what to make of imaginality rn.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Bingle »

Scum team is confirmed not me house
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by House »

In post 1739, Bingle wrote:Scum team is confirmed not me house
Duh.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Bingle »

It’s the difference between likely true and confirmed true. Scum us was unlikely, now scum is is impossible, from everyone’s PoV.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by House »

K, going back to open wolf lurking.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by imaginality »

Before I voted SS there were the following scenarios:
1. Lim me = we lose
2. Lim SS/Bingle
a. We lim the other one tomorrow = we win
b. We lim me tomorrow = we lose
c. We lim House tomorrow = we lose
3. Lim House today = we lose

I'm trying to take scenarios 2c and 3 off the table.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by House »

IME, the player defending me on late game (that hadn't been before that point) tends to be scum.

Nothing personal, just an observation.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by imaginality »

I don't disagree, but I've consistently townread you since soon after you joined D2, snd Bingle and SS are casting doubts on you, so I don't see your observation as relevant to this game.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by imaginality »

In random news wooooo my organisation just won a major industry award for the success of a technology project my team and I've been heavily involved in.
Apologies in advance for any drunken posts later lol
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Very nice imagine!! You enjoy yourself!

I don't have the time or willpower for this right now. Tomorrow will be the day probably.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by House »

In post 1745, imaginality wrote:I don't disagree, but I've consistently townread you since soon after you joined D2, snd Bingle and SS are casting doubts on you, so I don't see your observation as relevant to this game.
Sorry, my mistake if that's true.

If it's not, I'm sure someone will be along to call shenanigans, so I'm willing to take your post at face value because it's not something worth lying about as getting outed over it would probably be damaging.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Post by imaginality »

My reads on House (quick iso but I think I got them all) :
In post 524, imaginality wrote: House is here now and I like House's posts so far.
In post 681, imaginality wrote: House's posts have reassured me somewhat about the Ali-House spot since he replaced in, as he seems to be trying to get a genuine read on people. So that's why my vote is back on Wisdom right now rather than still on Alisae.
In post 825, imaginality wrote: I think scum sat back and laughed at a TvTvT on D1. I think House is town.
Actually of the remaining players aside from myself, I think House is the least likely to be scum.
In post 875, imaginality wrote: House, please don't check out like this. I think you're likely town and I think we need your voice in the mix.
In post 940, imaginality wrote: House's posts today, while they've been incredibly frustrating to read, I don't think are likely to come from scum (faking being demoralised town seems like an unnecessary risk when he was already getting townread), and as previously mentioned I've liked his posts yesterday.
In post 1569, imaginality wrote: As of right now I still think Bingle's scum and fully plan to vote him but House's early vote was super bad.

My money is still on Bingle-SS. I don't know if all this means I should consider Bingle-House too... At the outside it could be an attempt by House to make Bingle seem town when no one quick hammers?
In post 1642, imaginality wrote:Just posting to say I'm reading. From my pov I'm still convinced both Bingle and SS are scum and you and House are town
Even in my x-lo paranoia phase at the start of today (1569) I still saw Bingle and SS as more suspicious than you.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”