Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:34 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Does our mod town-sided? Like, everyone says
Datisi
is scum-sided mod.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:37 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1974, Datisi wrote:kyo, do you genuinely believe that
2 ic's
a 4-power joat who is also conftown since they have a vig shot

and a backup vig that becomes full vig once scum does the MECHANICALLY CORRECT PLAY and shoots the joat

are all town???
No, but I'm trying to decide if it's ethical to ask the mod to confirm if a backup of an x-shot would receive the remaining shots. I think the most likely explanation is that Margot is fakeclaiming and read from the Universal Backup wiki rather than the Backup, because the Backup doesn't have any mention of how X-shot roles work. Just taking my time here.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:48 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

MafiaWiki entry for Backup wrote:The standardized Role PM for "Backup" describes the modifier as follows:

As a modifier on an active ability: Each night, but only once a P1 has died, (edit)
As a modifier on a passive ability: P2 once the role you back up has died (edit)
Example (modifying an active ability)
Welcome to game! You are a Town Backup Jailkeeper.

You have the following active ability:

Each night, but only once a Jailkeeper has died, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from kills that night, but all their actions will be blocked that night.
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

Example (modifying a passive ability)
Welcome to game! You are a Backup Bulletproof Townie.

You are protected from kills that target you once the role you back up has died.

You have no active abilities.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

MafiaWiki entry for Universal Backup wrote:The standardized Role PM for "Universal Backup" describes the passive ability as follows:

As an unmodified passive ability: You will inherit the role of faction power roles who die, losing this ability in the process. (edit)
As a passive ability with a modifier: You will inherit the role of the nth faction power role who dies OR faction power roles who die on day n, losing this ability in the process. (edit)
Example (unmodified)
Welcome to game! You are a Town Universal Backup.

You will inherit the role of Town power roles who die, losing this ability in the process.

Example (modified)
Welcome to game! You are a Town Odd Night Universal Backup.

You will inherit the role of Town power roles who die during odd-numbered Nights, losing this ability in the process.

---
In post 1959, Datisi wrote: anyway, that was such weird wording for a backup vigilante role pm, but i know that gypyx writes his own role pm's, and he's not a native speaker, so it wouldn't surprise me if the role pm was written clunkily. *however*, then i remembered that gypyx had had a backup in his games before. i rolled town backup roleblocker in mini normal 2180. and this is my role pm from that game:
Gypyx wrote:
Town Backup RoleblockerWelcome ! You are a
Town Backup Roleblocker

If a roleblocker dies, you will become able to each night, target a player, that target will be prevented from taking any actions this night

Your goal is to eliminate every threat to the town, you may find the game thread here
maybe it's foolish to assume that gypyx would keep the consistency of the role pm from almost a year ago, but damn this looks much different than "You will Inherit the first [role] to die in your faction".
In post 1876, MargotRosa wrote:Town backup vigilante

I didn't want to mention it, because it makes scum's kills pretty much auto for the rest of the game, and it also means that if we suspected ssbm, I'm guaranteed to die the night we killed her, and would have just wasted the role

It's useless as soon as you have to claim it
In post 1924, MargotRosa wrote:Based on what the mod sent to me, I would assume that I only get one shot if that was your role:

"You will Inherit the first vigilante role to die in your faction"

Can't quote the entire message, obvs, but that's exactly what was sent to me by mod in my role PM
In post 1925, MargotRosa wrote:Also, for what it's worth, the "in your faction" bit was what made me wonder whether there was a mafia aligned vigilante in the game. Likely just a standardised part of role PMs based on others saying it's impossible
In post 1930, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 1904, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Margot, your only gate is Backup? You have unlimited shots once the Vigilante dies?
My gate is that I inherit any vigilante role from my (Town) faction. I took from that that I get the same modifiers.
In post 1948, MargotRosa wrote:Why wouldn't I have claimed universal backup then?

And I didn't quote. I copied and pasted. I figured that was ok
In post 1962, MargotRosa wrote:Yes. I am Town Backup Vigilante
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:03 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Also, I'm not aligned with Margot, I would have coached her on this if I was. Your partner either doesn't have a lot of experience as well or just let you down.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:17 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Margot's partner is almost definitely Ari, just go back through Ari's ISO and Ctrl+F "Margot".

gg, drive home safe.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

I don't have much knowledge about roles and mechanism
CO
but I've green role pm :]
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:36 am

Post by MargotRosa »

If everyone is dead set on throwing then fine, vote away
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:37 am

Post by MargotRosa »

And I guess I do just become vigilante I guess. Idk, I'd need to confirm with Mod
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:38 am

Post by MargotRosa »

I've also been going through mod's past games, and it seems like they're all horrifically balanced in favour of Town lol. Idk, maybe we auto win anyway
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:39 am

Post by MargotRosa »

Well, just remember for tomorrow:

Datisi then Salsa, then Chaos, then Ari, then ssbm, then enchant
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:40 am

Post by MargotRosa »

I do actually wonder whether this is wild play by ssbm and I was actually correct to begin with that they are scum. Doesn't matter. My order stands. Will just be a funny reveal if it happens lol
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:40 am

Post by MargotRosa »

Well done scum. I tried. 5th times the charm I hope
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:08 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1979, ChaosOmega wrote:Margot's partner is almost definitely Ari, just go back through Ari's ISO and Ctrl+F "Margot".

gg, drive home safe.
I want so badly for this to be correct because it means they both just violently bussed IV for no discernable reason, unless Margot/Aristeia is just a Mafia Universal Backup and they knew one of them would inherit the Vigilante/IC finder and they'd both be unlikely to get vigged.

Let's face it, if T3 had died over IV, it would be reasonable to assume a Vig would shoot IV, and scum would lose a result. By bussing IV a Mafia UB would get a result N1.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:11 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Sounds like Backups dont inherit modifiers, which includes X-Shot.

Margot is definitely scum, waiting to vote until I've had time to dig for partners. Putting her in self-hammer range is a scumclaim
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:15 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Oh she is in self-hammer range, can one of Datisi/Salsa/Chaos unvote?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:16 am

Post by Datisi »

UNVOTE:
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 1984, MargotRosa wrote:Well, just remember for tomorrow:

Datisi then Salsa, then Chaos, then Ari, then ssbm, then enchant
In post 1985, MargotRosa wrote:I do actually wonder whether this is wild play by ssbm and I was actually correct to begin with that they are scum. Doesn't matter. My order stands. Will just be a funny reveal if it happens lol
Wait, wut??? :lol: :lol:

MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:17 am

Post by MargotRosa »

This is going to be such a waste of time when I flip green and you've all wasted 5 IRL days trying to find my non-existent partner lol
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:18 am

Post by MargotRosa »

Again, I was able to self-hammer. I didn't. Wonder why that was? Now you're just dragging out my death.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:26 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

This day reminds me of D1 of this mini where town whirlwinds accusations around, we build wagons, nobody seems correct, then scum just falls in my lap right before deadline. Not building wagons this time as we're close to ELO but feels like I've considered everyone but Enchant toDay
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1978, ChaosOmega wrote:Also, I'm not aligned with Margot, I would have coached her on this if I was. Your partner either doesn't have a lot of experience as well or just let you down.
The idea that I would allow my partner to claim in such a messed up way is frankly insulting
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Aristeia »

also I would definitely not tell her to "copy/paste" her role pm as that's just a modkill like 99% of the time
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:29 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I feel like it can be assumed that if Margot had waited for assistance in claiming, no matter who her partner was, he/she would have caught the error. Maybe Salsa doesn't catch it, idk. Not going to read too much into it because it is also possible Margot has slipped on purpose to make an experienced partner seem less likely to be partnered with Margot because he/she would have caught that mistake.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:10 am

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 1997, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I feel like it can be assumed that if Margot had waited for assistance in claiming, no matter who her partner was, he/she would have caught the error. Maybe Salsa doesn't catch it, idk. Not going to read too much into it because it is also possible Margot has slipped on purpose to make an experienced partner seem less likely to be partnered with Margot because he/she would have caught that mistake.
I would like to point out, yet again, that nine of this makes sense based on everyone's narratives that they've built around my slot whatsoever.

Again: I masterminded a situation in which I worked out that I could, with relative safely, buss a PR on my team because it was the most sensible given the format, and I also completely ballsed a role claim that I've been plotting since D1. Never checked a thread. Never anything. I'm just both brilliant and a complete fool
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”