Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 910, Wisdom wrote:If the IC says stupid stuff like "Dunn is scum because he claimed his flavor" it gives scum space to attack them and fight them

That's precisely what I would do as scum

What's the motivation? Discredit a conftown, gain cred for actively posting stances, gain more cred for posting stances different than a conftown's
i mean i understand this but:
- not all scum i think would/can push the ic this way, and don't think scum-toog would pick that fight there
- kyo wasn't here while the lld/dunn thing was happening, and i don't think she got any sort of cred for that vote at all. i don't think you can read much into it at all

~ skitteR
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 914, Gamma Emerald wrote:Looking at S_S’s ISO, he kinda pings town in a few spots for now
kinda wnat to hear more abt this

~ skitteR
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 949, Gamma Emerald wrote:I almost nominated Pooky for Don Corleone last year (was too lazy to actually write the post up) and am considering trying again this year (again, depends on my will to actually write something up)
He’s good at scum, TRUST ME.
Okay, okay. I haven't seen his scum game, I'll let you have this one.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Towelie »

Critter personally how did you get to froom ssbm's opening, it's not super clear from your ISO

-b
f the steelers
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Vote: Milk and Mocha
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:50 pm

I think this is scum, tbh.

And I'm worried that Dunn may indeed be town, but Wisdom might not.

But Wisdom and I's history is.. long, and I'm a little mroe willing to give Wisdom cracks at the jar than I am Pooky at this point. Pooky looks awful.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Towelie »

I've found pooky town to be very easy to pick out from time to time. It's not been a tool i can use in this game so far. Usually he'll get into it w/ someone by now. I'd more trust my ability to read him than noraa.

(Skitter in the game we played together it's kinda how i felt midgame when they were going back and forth w/ cakez)

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 919, Towelie wrote:Got a little time over lunch today so I'll start w/ talking to skitter about stuff and see where it takes me. I haven't really read in depth since ssbm entered.
just gonna pick out the stuff i want to respond to:
In post 919, Towelie wrote:I honestly feel like this is almost exactly like my tenet D1; mostly observation mode but picking up things where I could and generally starting to form reads around it without really being in 'attack mode' per se, but I don't really feel like harping on your take, perpetual ELO this isn't, for sure, but I also felt like there was a lot of meat there early game whereas here sans Dunn there really wasn't.
honestly i don't remember early-tenet-you, was kinda busy having a mess of a 1v1 with your other half for most of that >.>.
eventually the lightbulb kinda ~turned on~ by comparing what you were doing there with scum-you in the normal and that's when i was convinced u were town
ig here tho i'm kinda at a ~wait and see~ with your slot rn, i'm not dazzled like elo but there's nothing i don't like either. like you're just kinda flat and here and yeah idk how to make a read off of that rn
In post 919, Towelie wrote:re: Mush. Obviously there's thought there, yes, but ultimately I'm having trouble I guess seeing MUSH push on things that seem like they matter as far as alignment is concerned vs like weird gotchas that don't ultimately mean anything. Like this most recent wisdom push I loathe because nobody goes, internally, "Well as a town player my role PM doesn't say X players are town with me, so therefore I should not be at all hyperbolic about the certainty of my reads" and therefore wisdom is scum.
yeah i agree that the weird gotchas don't actually mean anything but i also don't think they come from scum, or that scum thinks they'll actually go far / get anywhere by pushing someone that way
and well there's another thought here that i'm nto sure i actually want to say it but that's also affecting how i'm reading things
In post 919, Towelie wrote:Even so, what is their objective here as scum other than pushing a read you don't agree with?
again, idk what their motivation is as scum, but i also think their play doesn't make sense as town and i don't think it makes sense ot double-down on gamma when they did.
and i think it's a little reductive to say that i think they're scummy for pushing a read i don't agree with. it's more that they're pushing a read that i don't think makes sense for town-them to have, the fact that i don't agree with it isn't so important tbh

also r.e. tenet-noraa i at least could understand how/why she was getting frustrated there, idk why town-her gets so annoyed with gamma here. like i just don't get how that whole sequence comes from town here
In post 919, Towelie wrote:S_S: I am worried about being wrong on "being underwhelming" being a scumtell for S_S - you saw this firsthand in tenet, and I basically had the same (wrong) take there based on a prior encounter in illicit. I don't really know how to read S_S but I don't feel like he ever got to a point where he was "whelming" in tenet. Even in illicit he was probably limmable if I hadn't been an idiot and saw a PR tell that wasn't there. What meta stuff are you basing this off of?
his recent scumgame in radio buzz, wherein he coasted for ~2 dayphases on saying a lot of ineffectual nothings and never really sat down and provided reads or tried to solve despite promising to do so. think this looks like that
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 927, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:It's safe to assume EMMI is at least somewhat experienced because it's a gimmick account and I feel like those are almost always created by players with an established meta looking to have a more relaxing game where they dont have to play as hard to their established meta.
i was actually reading emmi as a new player and not as a gimmick account, fwiw
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 929, Towelie wrote:In addition I was kinda hoping lilith could be a backdoor into sorting that slot by someone with experience there after my colossal failure to get it right in MELO
:good:
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 930, Gamma Emerald wrote:These are probably the posts I like best from you S_S
You’re being assertive about your feelings but staying calm, you don’t seem worried about stepping on people’s toes a little
i don't think those are ai
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 957, Venus Fly Trap wrote:or that scum thinks they'll actually go far / get anywhere by pushing someone that way
this is basically my holdup on M&M right now unless you just think they're trolling and are unconcerned with the strategy behind what they're trying to accomplish other than creating noise

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 956, Towelie wrote:I've found pooky town to be very easy to pick out from time to time. It's not been a tool i can use in this game so far. Usually he'll get into it w/ someone by now. I'd more trust my ability to read him than noraa.

(Skitter in the game we played together it's kinda how i felt midgame when they were going back and forth w/ cakez)

-b
bolded: not sure why you're bringign this up

~
and r.e. pooky/noraa yeahi kinda want pooky to be playing more (+ signing their posts cuz i can't tell them apart)
i'm not *fantastic* at reading him but i think i'd probably do a better job with him than noraa
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 955, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And I'm worried that Dunn may indeed be town, but Wisdom might not.
i don't think i'd ever flip wisdom before i'd flip m&m here just because i think wisdom scum would be predicated on m&m scum (i just think gamma is town irrespective) otherwise i don't think he puts up such a high guard on protecting them both out of the gate when they went at it

-b
f the steelers
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:01 pm

I really don't think M and M are town at this point. Or at minimum, I wanna see what happens when we force them to try.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 962, Venus Fly Trap wrote:bolded: not sure why you're bringign this up
contextualizing how i get to town pooky in a way only you are likely familiar with and that i'm not seeing it here so far

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 961, Towelie wrote:
In post 957, Venus Fly Trap wrote:or that scum thinks they'll actually go far / get anywhere by pushing someone that way
this is basically my holdup on M&M right now unless you just think they're trolling and are unconcerned with the strategy behind what they're trying to accomplish other than creating noise

-b
that's a fair point but for mm i just don't get why they double-down on gamma, i think most town backs off after the cc there

for mush like i feel it's a real thought they had and wanted to pursue
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Cabd »

Earlier page tops have been converted to proper vote counts. No prods as you are all very active busy bees!
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 965, Towelie wrote:
In post 962, Venus Fly Trap wrote:bolded: not sure why you're bringign this up
contextualizing how i get to town pooky in a way only you are likely familiar with and that i'm not seeing it here so far

-b
i guess ... i'm not sure i get this because this isn't really how i'd try to get to town-pooky at all

~

also
@cabd i forgot to say i'm always vla on fridays and saturdays
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by Towelie »

i
think
i'm ok w/ vft for now. I'd probably expect skitter to capitulate / promise to research my comparison of myself to my tenet self (and it's not like we're under pressure atm that she'd lose ground by ceding a townread to mollify me)

either that or she doesn't think i'll be able to catch her anyway
which is probably correct
but gun to head i'd say town here

*winces*

-b
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 968, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i guess ... i'm not sure i get this because this isn't really how i'd try to get to town-pooky at all
I'm not saying it is something you'd do, I was trying to establish context for something I potentially want to do in a way that some other player in the game could potentially relate to

i'm not really sure why this is a thing

-b
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 967, Cabd wrote:
Earlier page tops have been converted to proper vote counts. No prods as you are all very active busy bees!
I am the only insect here! LLD I think M&M is town and struggle with words why. Are you sure you want to push M&M? I will lend my vote if you need it but I think it was just an attempt to draw the NK going horribly wrong.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

i don't know either, i'm confused by this whole tangent

@bork
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 972, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i don't know either, i'm confused by this whole tangent

@bork
I don't really have anything material to say about it at this point lol

-b
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 953, Towelie wrote:Critter personally how did you get to froom ssbm's opening, it's not super clear from your ISO

-b
I was responding in the moment. Will reread those posts to get that mindset just a moment.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”