Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:33 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:34 am

Post by Something_Smart »

You may be right. My meta on him is very stale though so I wouldn't count it for much at all (if the number of the Math scumgame I was considering rereading-- 1841-- is any indication).
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:34 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

wowow site literally ate 1625 first time I tried to make it, that was a close one
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:35 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I might have let you have it, especially if I knew you were going for it. I try to avoid pagetops.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I have given it some sleep thought and some more reading and I'm still convinced VFT is the way to go today.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Critter »

What is VFT at?

Please let it be noted I strongly disagree with this elim.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Critter »

In post 415, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 110, E. M. M. I. wrote:Just curious; how popular is/was Mountain Dew DEW*S*A?
It was one of the last ones I tried before I started calorie counting and i really liked it. It was like sparkling berry, reminded me a little of whiteout which I guess makes sense because it was a mixture of whiteout code red and voltage
Remember this if day ends when I am afk
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:16 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 1630, Critter wrote:What is VFT at?

Need to stop dropping off with this game, doing the exact same garbage in another game.

Again, can you explain why you don't want VFT?
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:20 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

welp all I got from that was that SS is probably town

look bork/notsci I know you’re frustrated with skitter but fypov she should either be genuinely trying to sort you or scum, and I don’t think it’s either of our intent to make you upset or make it personal, which it kind of sounds like it’s getting to. I think that’s partly why I (and maybe she but I can’t read skitter’s mind) started questioning there, because she went down a path that I didn’t think was supposed to be.. accusatory? in my mind but it seems that’s how it was taken. at the end of the day it’s just a game and I hope you aren’t taking it personally/in an oog sense. my question to bork was primarily borne of confusion that you’d try to consult with SS about me given that I’d expect you to have a hydra head that could give about the same confidence on reading me as SS but with the benefit of you knowing you can trust them; and that SS kind of has to give the same answer regardless of his alignment otherwise it’d be suspicious, so I was skeptical of how you were expecting his response to help sort him. I don’t think yall are scum necessarily, just that we don’t seem to be on the same wavelength.. but apparently I have very different reads than skitter.

pedit: well this just makes me not want to play the game :/

ppedit: please don’t discuss ongoing games.

- lilith
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:20 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1632, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 1630, Critter wrote:What is VFT at?

Need to stop dropping off with this game, doing the exact same garbage in another game.

Again, can you explain why you don't want VFT?
Because he Wisdom and I are all syngergized on reads, I don’t think Skitter does what she did earlier as scum and Imho it’s a huge hit to the town block.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:21 am

Post by Critter »

She* sorry whoops
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

blegh I have bad feelings about critter WKing us now

- lilith
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 1633, Venus Fly Trap wrote:look bork/notsci I know you’re frustrated with skitter but fypov she should either be genuinely trying to sort you or scum, and I don’t think it’s either of our intent to make you upset or make it personal, which it kind of sounds like it’s getting to
it's not for me, and i know i got a little heated early on but i've been able to move past that, and fmpov skitter hasn't crossed any lines into personal. if I have crossed those lines i'll reflect on where and try not to in the future.

-b
f the steelers
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:26 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 1631, Critter wrote:
In post 415, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 110, E. M. M. I. wrote:Just curious; how popular is/was Mountain Dew DEW*S*A?
It was one of the last ones I tried before I started calorie counting and i really liked it. It was like sparkling berry, reminded me a little of whiteout which I guess makes sense because it was a mixture of whiteout code red and voltage
Remember this if day ends when I am afk
Okay, this just feels like stretched logic of you thinking Kyo scum having to do with the flavor things you mentioned earlier, when this is very likely just fluff.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 1633, Venus Fly Trap wrote:confusion that you’d try to consult with SS about me given that I’d expect you to have a hydra head that could give about the same confidence on reading me as SS
these aren't mutually exclusive

-b
f the steelers
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:30 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1636, Venus Fly Trap wrote:blegh I have bad feelings about critter WKing us now

- lilith
I admit I will be incredibly surprised if both you and critter are town here.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1519, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1453, Critter wrote:You know what. I am borrowing from MathBlade. It helped him nail a scum team 3/3 can everyone do this?

viewtopic.php?p=13054226#p13054226
Lmao grabbing your own shit and pretending it's not you - was waiting to out this after I found but now I know this is you and i know this verbiage is your scumgame's excuse to waffle on a town slot.

VOTE: critter

Critter is MathBlade. MathBlade in Calculasia called town!Flea a teapot read - described faer as someone that, given time, alignment can be determined. Like, leave the tea on the stove long enough, and it will boil. He did the same thing to Dwlee in a mini recently where Dwlee, Math, and I were in ELO, and I thoroughly dug through his meta checking if he used that terminology in any town games. I am 100% certain critter is scum here and that he TMIed Dunnstral as town. Receipts for this read are coming. Even if we dont do this today because we want to go with LLD for the day, never forget this post.

At first it was hard to tell who Critter was but more recently he's slipping out of persona. I was going to finish catching up and then go ego dive MathBlade and Critter to check if they post in the same timeframes, but that wont be necessary anymore. Makes total sense that he would want me dead too as I nuked his buddy DGB in that mini on D1 out of a completely Stalled gamestate and he's desperate to get to N1 to get me out of here

Is this what it feels like to be Koba in a game where I'm scum? I think it is.
I had also figured out Critter was MathBlade but I wasn't aware this was his scumplay particularly, though I was a bit perturbed by the play in general so maybe on some level I did process that?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1637, Towelie wrote:
In post 1633, Venus Fly Trap wrote:look bork/notsci I know you’re frustrated with skitter but fypov she should either be genuinely trying to sort you or scum, and I don’t think it’s either of our intent to make you upset or make it personal, which it kind of sounds like it’s getting to
it's not for me, and i know i got a little heated early on but i've been able to move past that, and fmpov skitter hasn't crossed any lines into personal. if I have crossed those lines i'll reflect on where and try not to in the future.

-b
not on our end idt, just felt like you were getting frustrated in the most recent exchange between you and skitter and I wanted to make sure you weren’t oog upset about it

pedit @bork: did you get anything out of it?

- lilith
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:39 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I won't lie and say having a townblock is inherently a bad thing, there are flaws to (way too many times scum has been a part of them in the past) that too, but is a little hmm moment that all three of Critter, VFT, and Wisdom have town reads on each other like that. I've seen scum do some...wild plays where they townread each other (It's happened off site) but I really doubt that all three are actually scum.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1640, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1636, Venus Fly Trap wrote:blegh I have bad feelings about critter WKing us now

- lilith
And I would be surprised if Skitter isn’t town. I don’t know enough about lillith to judge her but I think Skitter is town. I don’t get your VFT argument at all.

I just want to know where the vote count is so I don’t accidentally hammer.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:07 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1644, Critter wrote:

- lilith
And I would be surprised if Skitter isn’t town. I don’t know enough about lillith to judge her but I think Skitter is town. I don’t get your VFT argument at all.

Why are you considering voting her now when deadline isn't really close, there is clearly support for it already, and you're against this elimination? It's not like we're at the point we have to compromise or risk missing deadline.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1525, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:My instinct is telling me the way Gamma is treating me now is reminiscent of scum!Gamma in OMB, but my only confident SR is on Critter right now. I still have a lot of rereading to do - keep getting distracted, which is quite possibly the whole point of what Critter has been doing toDay.

Pedit: interesting timing, I was already writing the above when you asked
In post 1526, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Working theory right now is those 2, plus one of EMMI, StrangeMatter, M&M
In post 1528, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Theatre is the only possibility imo, so unless it's exactly Critter, Gamma, M&M, Gamma probably not scum.
You’re probably town for this overall but you said similar things about being similar to OMB in Radio Buzz and I was town there
I also probably will not be playing exactly like I did that game ever again because I had a seriously awful mindset that I only really managed to purge recently. Isekai UPick would actually be more emblematic of my scumgame rn, particularly in terms of approach to scum mates. Although thinking about it there’s a gaping hole in my scumplay that I’ll need to eventually patch, so don’t even expect that to last forever.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1534, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Gamma, who makes sense as Critter and M&M's partner?
Wisdom, maybe? This is just the first name that came to mind FYI, not a lot of thought out into it
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1553, Towelie wrote:
In post 1519, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Critter is MathBlade
just want to say that this is utterly awful form and i hope you never do it again

notty suspected it was mathblade ever since he brought up mathblade unprompted, but at the surface this feels very much like w13 math where he tunneled on a few slots most of the game and kinda refused to accept anyone else's worldview, so knowing it's math makes me townread the play more.

-b
In post 1554, Dunnstral wrote:Yeah outting the alt leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially when everyone then uses meta. But what can you do once the cat is out of the bag.
I will say I’ve done the “out the alt to level the playing field” thing a bit as scum but that was in the face of a rather obnoxious meta tell
This I don’t think falls into the same bin, kyouko basically honey trapped Critter by letting him think he was going unnoticed until he’s gone too far to pull back
Kyouko did similar stuff to me in Radio Buzz, so this is very likely town!Kyouko
<Embrace The Void>

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1645, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1644, Critter wrote:

- lilith

Why are you considering voting her now when deadline isn't really close, there is clearly support for it already, and you're against this elimination? It's not like we're at the point we have to compromise or risk missing deadline.
Because this day has to end.
I have like no hope of giving LLD what is needed.
This game is pretty much lost from my POV and I am trying to be positive and trying to not do what I am used to but I don’t see how unless I just cave and LLD sees she was wrong.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”