Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1648, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1553, Towelie wrote:
In post 1519, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Critter is MathBlade
just want to say that this is utterly awful form and i hope you never do it again

notty suspected it was mathblade ever since he brought up mathblade unprompted, but at the surface this feels very much like w13 math where he tunneled on a few slots most of the game and kinda refused to accept anyone else's worldview, so knowing it's math makes me townread the play more.

-b
In post 1554, Dunnstral wrote:Yeah outting the alt leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially when everyone then uses meta. But what can you do once the cat is out of the bag.
I will say I’ve done the “out the alt to level the playing field” thing a bit as scum but that was in the face of a rather obnoxious meta tell
This I don’t think falls into the same bin, kyouko basically honey trapped Critter by letting him think he was going unnoticed until he’s gone too far to pull back
Kyouko did similar stuff to me in Radio Buzz, so this is very likely town!Kyouko

It is and always obnoxious and I am not scum here so there’s nothing to honey trap.

Like let’s just miselim who LLD wants I end up dead and y’all elim in (Kyo/SS/EMMI/Towelie} tomorrow
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:25 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I'm glad to wake up and see LLD hinting at my exact thoughts about Critter/VFT.

I don't have much else to say about things right now other than:
I like Critter less and less over time (incredible feat at this stage),
I don't like VFT much and they aren't doing any heroics I trust to pull them out of the fire,
I /really/ like ssbm (except that outing alts is poor form IMO),
and I think StrangeMatter, EMMI, bears, Dunn is where scum 3 is at right now.

Having second thoughts on bears. Both EMMI and StrangeMatter are blatantly ignoring that people want to make them the elimination soon. Dunn's dropped off a cliff in activity, I feel like.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1564, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1562, Critter wrote:I would love it. Even if it’s just me. Because more sorts.
All right, here goes:

Gamma Emerald
Towelie
MUSHSHAGANA
E. M. M. I.
Milk & Mocha
Venus Fly Trap
Dunnstral
Critter
StrangeMatter
ssbm_Kyouko
In post 1572, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1569, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I disagree with the assessment of Math but why is he in your elimination pile if it appears you are recognizing this as his townplay?
Oh I misinterpreted. I never said that was his townplay? And besides I have you in my elimination pile and I townread you. It's because I recognize that my reads are often bad, and mafia is about teamwork which requires compromise.
You have the moral backbone of a chocolate eclair. Are you so spineless literally any elim is acceptable as long as it’s not you? Accepting you’re often wrong is one thing but this just reads super fucking slimy.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1652, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1564, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1562, Critter wrote:I would love it. Even if it’s just me. Because more sorts.
All right, here goes:

Gamma Emerald
Towelie
MUSHSHAGANA
E. M. M. I.
Milk & Mocha
Venus Fly Trap
Dunnstral
Critter
StrangeMatter
ssbm_Kyouko
In post 1572, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1569, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I disagree with the assessment of Math but why is he in your elimination pile if it appears you are recognizing this as his townplay?
Oh I misinterpreted. I never said that was his townplay? And besides I have you in my elimination pile and I townread you. It's because I recognize that my reads are often bad, and mafia is about teamwork which requires compromise.
You have the moral backbone of a chocolate eclair. Are you so spineless literally any elim is acceptable as long as it’s not you? Accepting you’re often wrong is one thing but this just reads super fucking slimy.
I think he is scum but please don’t attack people’s moral character

I agree with your point that is very slimy though.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1651, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I'm glad to wake up and see LLD hinting at my exact thoughts about Critter/VFT.

I don't have much else to say about things right now other than:
I like Critter less and less over time (incredible feat at this stage),
I don't like VFT much and they aren't doing any heroics I trust to pull them out of the fire,
I /really/ like ssbm (except that outing alts is poor form IMO),
and I think StrangeMatter, EMMI, bears, Dunn is where scum 3 is at right now.

Having second thoughts on bears. Both EMMI and StrangeMatter are blatantly ignoring that people want to make them the elimination soon. Dunn's dropped off a cliff in activity, I feel like.
If I am wrong in my pile you’re added but I don’t think you’re scum because reasons but this is ewwww
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That first line towards S_S was meant to be slightly humorous FYI
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:34 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I don’t care what you like or don’t like about my play, Critter. I’m not playing for you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1652, Gamma Emerald wrote:You have the moral backbone of a chocolate eclair. Are you so spineless literally any elim is acceptable as long as it’s not you? Accepting you’re often wrong is one thing but this just reads super fucking slimy.
Really don't know how to respond to this. Setting aside the question of why you brought my character into this for no reason, I don't see what's objectionable about giving other people's reads that are more confident, more informed, and probably more accurate precedence over mine. ESPECIALLY LLD, because I don't even have to doubt her motivations.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:39 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 1651, MUSHSHAGANA wrote: and I think StrangeMatter, EMMI, bears, Dunn is where scum 3 is at right now.

Last I checked, people keep talking about wanting me for an elimination and then ignore my slot for a good portion of this game. If anything that's not at all true if you ask me, and I still have zero idea what you're even trying to do since it's beyond weird.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:42 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Gamma, Something_Smart’s list there makes more sense in context as you go, I feel. It’s given more depth later, and it was given under the understanding that it was functionally worthless for most purposes. Granted, I have a barely functional brain, woke up a half hour or so ago, and haven’t eaten yet, so... make your own conclusions, of course. Just saying what I saw.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 1620, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1605, Towelie wrote:i am not bell heh

-bork
oh my b
Spoiler:
hehe,
b

I haven't played with either of you though, I'm mostly thinking of your slot as Notscience and someone else because I played with another notsci hydra in Isekai (though I think I was mostly talking to good cop in that game). I'm not very good at differentiating Hydra heads
we were townreading you and your reads were fantastic so I didn’t have to

Also I was busy repeat dunking gamma
f the steelers
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1657, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1652, Gamma Emerald wrote:You have the moral backbone of a chocolate eclair. Are you so spineless literally any elim is acceptable as long as it’s not you? Accepting you’re often wrong is one thing but this just reads super fucking slimy.
Really don't know how to respond to this. Setting aside the question of why you brought my character into this for no reason, I don't see what's objectionable about giving other people's reads that are more confident, more informed, and probably more accurate precedence over mine. ESPECIALLY LLD, because I don't even have to doubt her motivations.
The just say “I’ll do whatever LLD wants”? Listing every slot in the game minus yourself, the IC, and the one you’re on record as being against limming D1, while completely overlooking reasons you have to townread any of them, is just not a good look at all.
<Embrace The Void>

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:46 am

Are you actually giving me shit for doing what Critter asked me multiple times to do?

MUSH is right, it was kind of a defiant "this is what you asked for, but it's not what you asked for".
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1593, Something_Smart wrote:Mm.

Do I go reread 1841 or not

I am incredibly tempted to but I do not really feel it will be enlightening.
I think you were
in
1841 maybe
<Embrace The Void>

Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 1648, Gamma Emerald wrote:Kyouko did similar stuff to me in Radio Buzz, so this is very likely town!Kyouko
Surprised pikachu
f the steelers
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:49 am

In post 1663, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think you were in 1841 maybe
I don't understand what you're getting at, yes I was in it, that's why I considered rereading it...
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1662, Something_Smart wrote:Are you actually giving me shit for doing what Critter asked me multiple times to do?

MUSH is right, it was kind of a defiant "this is what you asked for, but it's not what you asked for".
Critter asked for it because he wanted the data. By giving such a response you basically fuck over any attempts to generate anything actionable from it. Copying LLD’s list would have been a better way to
actually provide the requested data
<Embrace The Void>

Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Towelie »

In post 1642, Venus Fly Trap wrote:pedit @bork: did you get anything out of it?
viewtopic.php?p=13083123#p13083123 didn't give me much; as far as how it affected my read on you, he didn't really say anything that i could use. as far as how it affected my read on him: it's in character for SS to respond with something akin to "this is why i don't think your question is going to give you the result you want" and i don't mind what he said on hydraing not necessarily being a path for knowing how to read the hydra partner in his case (although it might be for some people)

notty thus far had expressed a vague sense of unease at your posting, as he said though he was giving you time to get into the game.

-b
f the steelers
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:53 am

In post 1666, Gamma Emerald wrote:Critter asked for it because he wanted the data. By giving such a response you basically fuck over any attempts to generate anything actionable from it. Copying LLD’s list would have been a better way to actually provide the requested data.
I would imagine I would at least owe it to him to be accurate, though. The list I gave was an accurate reflection of how I felt, which is what he wanted. LLD's list wouldn't have been that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1606, Towelie wrote:
In post 1599, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I think if M&M was town we would have seen some more traction
i'll concede that this is possible, esp w/ m&m basically just not playing

-b
Yeah this seems reasonable
M&M was at 4 votes for a long time and nothing actually overtook it ever, I believe
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1668, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1666, Gamma Emerald wrote:Critter asked for it because he wanted the data. By giving such a response you basically fuck over any attempts to generate anything actionable from it. Copying LLD’s list would have been a better way to actually provide the requested data.
I would imagine I would at least owe it to him to be accurate, though. The list I gave was an accurate reflection of how I felt, which is what he wanted. LLD's list wouldn't have been that.
Whatever, go off Sandra*

*this is a reference to the Survivor player Sandra whose stated strategy is “anyone but me”
I tend to emulate her
actual
strategic gameplay in my own games where I basically employ “anyone but me
or my townreads
” because I feel like my town hunting is pretty good, generally at most one scum will creep into my higher TRs. So I think your play here is basically just how I play but shittier because you don’t even have the guts to stick to any of your TRs!
<Embrace The Void>

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1649, Critter wrote:
In post 1645, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1644, Critter wrote:
In post 1640, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1636, Venus Fly Trap wrote:blegh I have bad feelings about critter WKing us now

- lilith
I admit I will be incredibly surprised if both you and critter are town here.
And I would be surprised if Skitter isn’t town. I don’t know enough about lillith to judge her but I think Skitter is town. I don’t get your VFT argument at all.

I just want to know where the vote count is so I don’t accidentally hammer.
Why are you considering voting her now when deadline isn't really close, there is clearly support for it already, and you're against this elimination? It's not like we're at the point we have to compromise or risk missing deadline.
Because this day has to end.
I have like no hope of giving LLD what is needed.
This game is pretty much lost from my POV and I am trying to be positive and trying to not do what I am used to but I don’t see how unless I just cave and LLD sees she was wrong.
Why do you do this to yourself on Day 1?

This is day 1, we have no flips, and either scum shoot me or they leave me alive but either way we're in an okay spot to progress on Day 2 no matter the flip.

Obviously, the preference is scum and I'm hunting for scum, but if I'm wrong I'm going to be flipping my reads and looking either way.

This defeatism because you don't get what you want day 1 is ridiculous (and would be scummy if you weren't exactly the kind of player to catastrophize for no good and god damned reason)
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:07 am

In post 1599, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:My lim pool is, by order of preference:

Highly preferred: Critter
Would eliminate happily: M&M
Still happy with these, but they feel like compromise given the confidence I have in scum!Critter: EMMI/StrangeMatter

deadline compromise: MUSH, S_S, Gamma, VFT

pedit: @bell regarding VFT wagon, this is fair, but I think scum are more likely to sheep the IC when the IC is pushing town than scum. I think if M&M was town we would have seen some more traction. Not to mention they've felt a bit "do-nothing" and still haven't explained how the game was "solved" back when they announced their read on Dunn and said they were going to chill now because they have it solved.
I just wanna say that like...

this is concerning to me as a post. Things don't feel good with this post. All the "Kyouko is 100% town" read stuff I had last time I played with them in Isekai is not here at all. And Critter, MM, EMMI and StrangeMatter really doesn't feel like a kill list that flips more than 1 scum ever, if it does flip a scum.

And then being willing to compromise on GAMMA OR MUSH at deadline? VFT last, only because I said it?

God I mean...

I REALLY hate this post.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:08 am

Once again, this feels like a list that was procedurally generated with end goals in mind as opposed to being put together from reads.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:08 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

(Ahem. There's also the fact that Critter's my-way-only playstyle has made it so I can't even really try to evolve reads on any slot unless they're interacting with him, and any and all good-faith attempts to force him to commit to letting other people have space to play shit through have been dismissed, misconstrued or outright ignored.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”