Newbie 2083: Viae Romanae - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 93, DkKoba wrote:which janitorial setup? I used to play a lot of Jan 3.0 on epicmafia
it's like the sterotypical one on mafia.gg
janitor
fixer
mafia goom
three vanilla townies
one oracle
one miller (town aligned, appears as maf on cop reports)
a doctor
a cop
i'm better at maf than i am town
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 99, Val89 wrote:
In post 94, DkKoba wrote:yeezys is my top townread atm
See what I mean?

Koba knows full well we are going to say to ourselves "hang on, why the hell are they townreading that slot after that display?“.

They are hoping you think they can't be scum because a mafia player would never draw attention to themselves by doing something quite so rediculous.

I'm not fooled by it, and you shouldn't be either.
stop being manipulative
i forgot the name of the specific type but yeah
stop being manipulative
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 99, Val89 wrote:
In post 94, DkKoba wrote:yeezys is my top townread atm
See what I mean?

Koba knows full well we are going to say to ourselves "hang on, why the hell are they townreading that slot after that display?“.

They are hoping you think they can't be scum because a mafia player would never draw attention to themselves by doing something quite so rediculous.

I'm not fooled by it, and you shouldn't be either.
stop being manipulative
i forgot the name of the specific type but yeah
stop being manipulative
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by yeezys »

oops i accidentally posted that twice
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by DkKoba »

thats jan 3.0 from epicmafia yeah, fun setup.

also great for learning how to be good at scum

that being said, how good would you say you are at being mafia?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 96, DkKoba wrote:val trying to deny the shade they threw at me and implication they had in their post is just like NAGL here
See, that's the thing - there was no shade when I asked (although there certainly is now!) and you two reading shade when obviously wasn't is exactly what is pinging my scumdar so hard right now.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

haha nevermind you answered that

chat mafia players ftw :P
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i mean i can just dunk u now or you can fess up now and have a conversation

choose 1 LMAO
retired
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by yeezys »

val: you're scum because you defended koba when they were clarifying about their meta!
also val: you owe me more respect
sorry but what ??? what koba did is NAI why do you think it's AI
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 104, DkKoba wrote:thats jan 3.0 from epicmafia yeah, fun setup.

also great for learning how to be good at scum

that being said, how good would you say you are at being mafia?
on one of the websites i play on (i will not reveal it bc i got over here through those guys) i played a scum game and won
then again i forgot i was scum several times so as a result i played townily
i didn't bus my partners though
i frequent in mafia.gg but my play there is low quality
so on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the least and 10 being the best, i'd give a solid 6.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 108, yeezys wrote:sorry but what ??? what koba did is NAI why do you think it's AI
I didn't consider it AI at the time, and I've said as much several times now, and your continued attempt to misrepresenting me as doing so is noted.

I'm not sure what you are both expecting to gain by this given that the exchange is recording in black and white for prosperity. Other slots can read what took place and see the over reaction you had to it.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 64, Val89 wrote:
In post 60, DkKoba wrote:I'm not even going to really honor you with a reply here because wow this is manipulative (in the bad way) as hell. VOTE: val

see here newbies, this is what we call, bad faith! When a player intentionally frames someone as bad with no intentions to consider good intentions from that person.
I was asking a question. I thought I might be misunderstanding what you were saying, because if I assume you meant "forcing people into situations where its unreasonable to fos [you]" is how you play as town, that would appear to just be saying "I play as townie as possible, so people come off bad when they sus me", which isn't really saying anything at all is it?

I was hoping you might clarify. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion I was intentionally framing you as bad for attempting to clear up a misunderstanding I think I might be holding myself.

I am wondering now, however. Defensive, much??
ill just drop this post here :dead:
retired
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 95, Val89 wrote:
In post 89, yeezys wrote:like i'm sorry but koba's post was not even remotely scummy idk what you're on about
I never suggested it was. I asked a question to clarify what Koba was trying to tell us.

The fact that you've jumped immediately into assuming I was scumreading Koba because the post contained the word scum clearly indicates you are hypersensitive to criticism towards that slot on page 4.

Is Koba your partner, or are you hoping to buddy up there and pick up that "too scummy to be scum" townread on the way?
a ) you voted koba why do you think i was scumreading you
b ) neither, actually, i don't see how my behavior strikes you as coming from a mafia-aligned player.
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 110, Val89 wrote:
In post 108, yeezys wrote:sorry but what ??? what koba did is NAI why do you think it's AI
I didn't consider it AI at the time, and I've said as much several times now, and your continued attempt to misrepresenting me as doing so is noted.

I'm not sure what you are both expecting to gain by this given that the exchange is recording in black and white for prosperity. Other slots can read what took place and see the over reaction you had to it.
first thigns first !!!!! i am NOT misrepresenting you you were throwing shade a koba
secondly, you are misrepresenting what i'm saying. i'm not overreacting, and you repeatedly kept claimign motives that i did not have, and strawmanning some of my posts.
lastly, in all due respect: shut up
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by yeezys »

i wonder if i'll be force-replaced or something for telling some person on a mafia forum to shut up
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i love this person

please sign up for more games :lol:
retired
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Val89 »

Exactly.

I think you must have somehow picked up a false impression of me somewhere if you think you can openly misrepresent me and expect it to go without being called out.

Folks, the fact that Koba has quoted that post tells you they have read it.

Come join me on this wagon and let's see what other over the top reactions we get.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

no i've said worse and wasnt force replaced you are fine :P its when you start making personal attacks like "you're stupid" is when its an issue.
retired
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 112, yeezys wrote:you voted koba why do you think i was scumreading you
The record will show I voted Koba AFTER the reaction they had - the same one you did, which was to read shade where there clearly is none.

I think the fact you are trying to change the timeline here and suggest I voted for Koba before that reaction shows quite clearly you know you are in hot water here and can't get out of it without resorting to misrepresentation, so no, I won't be shutting up, as much as I know you would like that.

Both of you trying to browbeat me and shut me down is itself as scummy as fuck. I understand you don't want attention drawn to what you are trying to do here, but hey, if you think I have a scum motivation for doing so, wouldn't you prefer I keep talking and show myself to be scum?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

consider maybe I am a smart enough player to understand that someone is trying to set up shade on me and make out something to be worse than it is.

If you just said something to the effects of "yeah i kinda fluffed it up for a reaction" i'd tbh believe you and wouldn't think you had scum motivation but here you are trying to justify it like ?? lmao
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by DkKoba »

browbeating is a chat mafia playstyle that is not alignment indicative. it is just an aggressive style we utilize to hard pressure people into alignment telling and not wriggling out
retired
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 116, Val89 wrote:Exactly.

I think you must have somehow picked up a false impression of me somewhere if you think you can openly misrepresent me and expect it to go without being called out.

Folks, the fact that Koba has quoted that post tells you they have read it.

Come join me on this wagon and let's see what other over the top reactions we get.
tf
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by Val89 »

I don't really think I need to "set up shade" when you are doing a perfectly good job yourself.

I'm scumreading you for the reaction you had; I haven't actually had the chance to determine if what you said there was alignment indicative or not, since I note that you never actually answered the question in order to enable me to understand what you were trying to say about your own meta.

How does one force situations where its unreasonable for people to FoS you?

Are you going to continue attempting to dodge question, or are we going to get a straight answer?
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 118, Val89 wrote:
In post 112, yeezys wrote:you voted koba why do you think i was scumreading you
The record will show I voted Koba AFTER the reaction they had - the same one you did, which was to read shade where there clearly is none.

I think the fact you are trying to change the timeline here and suggest I voted for Koba before that reaction shows quite clearly you know you are in hot water here and can't get out of it without resorting to misrepresentation, so no, I won't be shutting up, as much as I know you would like that.

Both of you trying to browbeat me and shut me down is itself as scummy as fuck. I understand you don't want attention drawn to what you are trying to do here, but hey, if you think I have a scum motivation for doing so, wouldn't you prefer I keep talking and show myself to be scum?
is it jsut me or is this manipulative because i dont like this
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 120, DkKoba wrote:browbeating is a chat mafia playstyle that is not alignment indicative. it is just an aggressive style we utilize to hard pressure people into alignment telling and not wriggling out
Yeah, no. You don't get to wiggle out of it by saying 'I tried to shut down you pointing out what a strange reaction I had as a reaction test! I'm town, really!"

That won't wash one bit.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”