Newbie 2083: Viae Romanae - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:47 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Nyeh!
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:32 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 140, floatingmay wrote:no i mean yeezys can you do your defending before i vote you so i don't have to unvote right after
i am town because i am 42069% cooler than all of you combined
idk i'm town what do you want from me
In post 149, Val89 wrote:I'm not sure what to tell you. I realise that you've all obviously have some history together, on other sites if not this one, and clearly some slots are banking their game on that in a big way. I wasn't expecting it to actually work though.

Just look at the reaction these two slots have had to me asking a clarifying question that clearly had no shade implied. How is this NOT scummy as hell?

Nether do we still have an answer to the question I asked, despite asking twice now. I think that's pretty telling.

Apparently Koba was trying to tell us something about their self-meta. It's something that I don't understand, but I don't think my lack of understanding as to what it was trying to express makes any difference to the fact the reaction was extremely scummy.

If the 'self-meta' declaration had been something simple I could understand, like "I always townread my partners", I wouldn't have needed to clarify the slot saying so was talking about their scumgame, but if I did, because I suppose it's possible they were talking about Mason partners, and that slot suddenly started screaming 'how DARE you shade me and try to paint me in a bad light, MANIPULATION!", I would be still be saying that's an over the top defensive reaction.

If Koba is going to continue to dodge the question, perhaps someone else can explain to me in a general sense how it would be possible to force situations in which it is unreasonable to point the FoS at someone?

Given the lengths that Koba is going to to not only dodge the question, but paint me as scum for merely asking, it would not suprise me if it turns out there was something alignment indicative in it after all.
well the "that's manipulative" og post from koba was a bit over the top, but i still stand by what i say when you were misrepresenting both mine and their statements and making posts that jsut came off in a bad way
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:33 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 148, kennyk wrote:I am not yet sure what to make of this whole val/koba/yeezys thing. I doubt it is a T vs S+S thing as this would be very gutsy for scum. But all aother constellations are possible from my POV (even S vs S+T). As the mathematical probability is very high, I would assume there is scum in this battle but a total townie thing is also possible.

I guess I will have to reread this part of conversation later on and hope to get a better view on things. Until then I won't change my vote on any of those participants. I am curious on Val's reaction on the E-2 though.
i don't understand
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

honestly kinda not feeling val as scum as i did yesterday
Something abt their big angy post feels genuine but imma keep my vote bc its funny:3
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

I'll consider unvoting if they find me somewhere else to vote;)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:55 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 146, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Idk I dont think much of what Val is saying makes sense and I'd like to bulk up my ego if I noticed right away he was scum for not making a wall in RVS
VOTE: Val89
E-2 (2 more votes and Val will be eliminated)
i strongly dislike val's behavior (especially the "i know this is a newbie game but you should show us some more respect" like ????) but this is literallly RVS can we wait before a hamemr
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:56 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 153, DkKoba wrote:honestly kinda not feeling val as scum as i did yesterday
Something abt their big angy post feels genuine but imma keep my vote bc its funny:3
yeah me too (as in the "it feels genuine")
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:21 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 152, yeezys wrote:
In post 148, kennyk wrote:I am not yet sure what to make of this whole val/koba/yeezys thing. I doubt it is a T vs S+S thing as this would be very gutsy for scum. But all aother constellations are possible from my POV (even S vs S+T). As the mathematical probability is very high, I would assume there is scum in this battle but a total townie thing is also possible.

I guess I will have to reread this part of conversation later on and hope to get a better view on things. Until then I won't change my vote on any of those participants. I am curious on Val's reaction on the E-2 though.
i don't understand
I guess you mean the first part (right?). So the first real skirmish of this game is between you and koba on one side and val on the other.

I doubt that scum (or S for short) would team up and go on a town (or T for short) player so early. It is possible that val and either you or koba are scum, or one or none of you three is scum.

But because of the mathematical probabilities it is likely that one of you is scum. From my point of view (POV) 1/4 of you is scum (2 out of 8). So if three out of those eight are in a small fight, it has probability of one of them being scum that is not neglectable.
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:07 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 157, kennyk wrote:

i don't understand
I guess you mean the first part (right?). So the first real skirmish of this game is between you and koba on one side and val on the other.

I doubt that scum (or S for short) would team up and go on a town (or T for short) player so early. It is possible that val and either you or koba are scum, or one or none of you three is scum.

But because of the mathematical probabilities it is likely that one of you is scum. From my point of view (POV) 1/4 of you is scum (2 out of 8). So if three out of those eight are in a small fight, it has probability of one of them being scum that is not neglectable.
oh okay
also "from my pov there are 2 scum" lol the thread says there are two
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by yeezys »

maybe this si a mroe controversial take but there hasn't been a post in the last four hours and i am bored so: dkkoba is probabaly town
now fight me
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by yeezys »

koba i have just put you on my friends list without your consent
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by yeezys »

so far floatingmay & fixer as well as kenny seem decently towny
welly
welly
Townie
welly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by welly »

I got kicked?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 162, welly wrote:I got kicked?
I'm sorry, yes. You're welcome to /in to the Newbie game queue again. If you have your account set to receive an email when you get a PM here, you'll know when your next game is ready to go.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by floatingmay »

wow yeezys our reads are like polar opposites

i'm bored too can we argue about something
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:15 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 158, yeezys wrote:
In post 157, kennyk wrote:

i don't understand

oh okay
also "from my pov there are 2 scum" lol the thread says there are two
The setup is "two out of nine" are scum. From my POV it is two out of eight as I know I am town (if you believe me or not is a whole different thing). The same is true for any other townie (except for the setup with masons, where the ratio is 2 of 7).
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:18 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 161, yeezys wrote:so far floatingmay & fixer as well as kenny seem decently towny
Why do you come to this conclusion? It is not that I contradict your read (especially concerning one person :mrgreen: ), but I like to know your way of thought.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:50 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@Mod I’m VLA until tomorrow night. I’ll be back to catch up - I’ve just had a busy weekend.

V/LA Acknowledged!
~f
Last edited by fferyllt on Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:02 am

Post by yeezys »

In post 164, floatingmay wrote:wow yeezys our reads are like polar opposites

oh yeah i should explain my reads holup
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:05 am

Post by yeezys »

wait these are all gut reads
floatingmay
floatingmay
Townie
floatingmay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:11 am

Post by floatingmay »

that's not an argument though yeezys

ssbm why do you townread them?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:18 am

Post by fferyllt »

fixer and MBot have been prodded.

Idic
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:44 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 164, floatingmay wrote:wow yeezys our reads are like polar opposites

What *are* your reads?
retired
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

et

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

ascendo

Idic

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”