Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:38 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 446, Fun and Games wrote:And wrt enchant: he's kinda not doing himself any favors, and isnt really trying to make himself 'seem popular' so to speak. Like he's being kinda contrary, almost on purpose, and i think he can tell how that's being perceived, and i think most scum would try to tone that down to get people off of their backs

Like he's behaving in a way that wont make people townread him, and even tho people are scumreading him, isnt changing that, when i think scum would try to modulate their behavior
i think i have seen scum!enchant acting like this before

i'd be lying if i said it's scum!indicative, though

skitt, can you convince me baltar is town?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Datisi »

i'm not digging my dunn vote anymore but also i am not digging anything else - someone try to sell me on something please
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 772, Datisi wrote:bingle, do you think i'm purposefully not engaging with this game? like, do you genuinely have a problem with the amount of content i've had so far?
Do I think you haven’t posted enough? No. Do I think the amount/content of what you’ve posted makes you town? Also no. Do I think focusing on ico when you did was a convenient way to produce content that scum you could take advantage of? Yes. Do I think that town you wouldn’t have focused on ico there? No, although that’s more based on how skitter is treating your ability to read ico than firsthand knowledge of your ability with him.

I agree that you’d probably have a more nuanced read/plan by now if you/ico was S/S though.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:55 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 777, Datisi wrote:i'm not digging my dunn vote anymore but also i am not digging anything else - someone try to sell me on something please
There’s this neat blender I can give you for only 60 payments of $9.99.

What are your thoughts about gamma and the defeatism?
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:05 am

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 774, Datisi wrote:
In post 756, Fun and Games wrote:Datisi - townie if you exclude the icky ico associatives
i am annoyed by this

i don't particularly think it makes skitter *scummy* since i struggle to see the scum!motivation behind this read, but i'm just personally annoyed, does scum!me really usually have reads on my partner be *that* sloppy?
Sorry, i'm not trying to be annoying :/

And this isnt like 'clean' partner play either, but i'm really struggling to understand why town-you isnt pushing ico more

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:06 am

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 776, Datisi wrote:skitt, can you convince me baltar is town?
I really like his earlygame, there was such clear obvtownie posting, and the way he was approachinf things was just ... great

Tbf the read is now fading a bit

What are your thoughts on penguin?

~ skitter
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:07 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 779, Bingle wrote:What are your thoughts about gamma and the defeatism?
i've just reread page 30 about 3 times and each time i came up with a blank.

for a newer player, i'd say the "not giving reads immediately and going into antispew is scum!indicative", but gamma doesn't strike me as a player that would just go into complete antispew there? especially as he wasn't really that close to yeet

overall, not sure i get much. i can see as either alignment being annoyed that people are following the vote -- here, i was gonna write "that he thinks is incorrect", but i don't actually notice that he's disputing a50's metaread... ok uhh

bingle, what's the "objection" of yours gamma is talking about in ? i didn't get it originally and i was just gonna just skip over it, but now i'm interested in trying to figure this out
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:14 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 780, Fun and Games wrote:Sorry, i'm not trying to be annoying :/

And this isnt like 'clean' partner play either, but i'm really struggling to understand why town-you isnt pushing ico more
i don't mean to say that you are annoying, like i'm just annoyed that anyone is looking at how i'm treating ico and saying we're buddies from it (in a kinda "do you really think i'm this bad" way)
In post 781, Fun and Games wrote:
In post 776, Datisi wrote:skitt, can you convince me baltar is town?
I really like his earlygame, there was such clear obvtownie posting, and the way he was approachinf things was just ... great

Tbf the read is now fading a bit

What are your thoughts on penguin?

~ skitter
i also liked his early game, mostly for tonal reasons, but my tonal reads accuracy on baltar has historically been 0% and i'm not sure i see what about his approach there makes him obvtown

penguin is penguin
not a fan of the slot, but afaik there's not much use pushing him on day one since he usually just like, doesn't do much, no? so he's generally a wait and see for me

i do remember a few times in the past when i did actively (and correctly) townread him on d1 and that feeling is not present now, so make of that what you will
~M
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Bingle »

@Dats
In post 495, Bingle wrote:
In post 492, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think the base assertion is just straight bullshit because this isn’t a fast game at all, Hidden Temple was faster than this and I was able to keep up fine, I even told people they were wrong to bitch about the posting rate that game because it wasn’t even the worst I’d experienced (that probably goes to Xenoblade 2 for what I can remember)
Wut?

That doesn’t at all look like what what VP is accusing you of. VP is saying specifically that your level of engagement with the peeps posting is low (which is a weird take) not anything to do with the posting rate being too high.
In post 563, Bingle wrote:
In post 528, Almost50 wrote:Btw, I'm dead serious about Gamma here. Not gonna say why in details, but he knows as well as I that this is a scumtell of his.
Does this stand if the thing vp is pushing isn’t really true?

VOTE: gamma emerald

Either way this does more work here.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Datisi »

ah, alright. so the "i think this is important" is a sort of "that is incorrect" response. i can definitely understand it as my first thought when baltar came up wit that readslist was "???" because gamma did not feel like that at all... and now i'm reminded of the metadive i told myself i was gonna do. ugh.
~M
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:28 am

Post by Bingle »

My impression of the progression was:

VP: Gamma isn’t keeping up with the thread and might be scum.
SA: Why gamma and not other lurkers?
VP: By keeping up with the thread, I mean interactions with players, not post count.
Gamma: I don’t have issues keeping up with this post count! Look at these games where I kept up with a larger post count!
A50: Vote Gamma.
Bingle: does gamma being scum rely on VP being right about gamma not engaging with players, cause he kinda was. Also baaa.
Gamma: why you vote me monkey?
A50: you told me you like to distract from relevant convo by making mountains out of molehills as scum, and the post count thing is a molehill.
Gamma: But that’s totally relevant to jingles question!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:31 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 786, Bingle wrote:cause he kinda was.
By this I meant that gamma kinda was engaging with players before VP’s case, not that VPs case was correct. That was ambiguous
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:33 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Datisi wrote: gamma doesn't strike me as a player that would just go into complete antispew there? especially as he wasn't really that close to yeet
He kind of was but either way can you not see how there was momentum and he could have felt like he was going down?
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:36 am

Post by Bingle »

@SA

Fwiw contextually I’m pretty sure gamma has been going through rough times IRL (<3 Gamma). Does that info color your read of the wagon response?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 788, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Datisi wrote: gamma doesn't strike me as a player that would just go into complete antispew there? especially as he wasn't really that close to yeet
He kind of was but either way can you not see how there was momentum and he could have felt like he was going down?
He was at NM-1 afaict.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 480, VP Baltar wrote:Game is moving too fast and they can't keep with the pace.
this is what baltar originally said, and i do think this can easily be understood as "they're lurking / not keeping up with all of the content" so. yeah i don't think gamma looks that bad here at all. (and now i'm reminded just *how much* i originally disliked that case...)

and re sleepless, that's where the first part of my post plays in. even if he was close to yeet, i don't think he would default to antispew as scum - i think his reaction is not very alignment indicative here.

gonna go reread some iso's from old games because i think i won't be able to focus on my art if i don't do that now.
~M
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

Hi

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Datisi »

i just reread like 200 posts from an old game's iso and i am not finding what i thought i was gonna find and i am upsetti

gonna go out for a walk then have dinner then (a) keep doing pointless iso reading (b) make art (c) actually study???? we'll see
~M
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:13 am

Post by Bingle »

What do you make of this?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 794, Bingle wrote:
I'm here

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

Reads are for tryhards

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

Hi

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

And to personalize the gimmick:

I want a banana

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 795, Almost50 wrote:
In post 794, Bingle wrote:
I'm here
I’m sorry, we were looking for an Airplane! joke.

Seriously though, what do you think about the situation re: Gamma since you’ve been gone?

Return to “Completed Open Games”