Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.01

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-11-28 00:30:00).

elimination
Meuh [1]:
MegAzumarill
ProHawk [1]:
Cape90
Spartan117 [1]:
Meuh
AsuStuckey [1]:
Greeting

not voting [5]:
Mathenalin, AsuStuckey, ProHawk, Spartan117, marcistar

mod notes~ Mathenalin and Spartan117 have (expired on 2021-11-19 19:00:00) to confirm their role pm before i start looking for replacements

flavourImage
Last edited by Datisi on Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 25, Datisi wrote:beep
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
[..]
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign

(yes, this is a very clever reference to the theme of this game and what basically the mod is trying to say)

The problem seems to be, that it's not the people who already checked the thread, and therefore had seen this inconspicuous mod prod, that are idle. :dead:
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 22, marcistar wrote:ill explain a bit on the cape90 being town thing ig

i liked his starting post (), it didn't seem nervous at all, i expect scum to be a bit nervous.
then i liked alot actually, which is what stuck "cape90 = town" in my head originally. the taking the "locktown" as a townread on meg azurmarill at face value, while some people might think not understanding a joke = scummy, i don't think that would be the case here. gives good vibes following that. i think hes not thinking too deeply into stuff, while scum would think deeply and be like "what if i say something weird aaaa i need to understand this aaa" and would analyze it more before posting. i also like how it seems like hes poking at things.
I think you are looking too deep into me. If I was scum why would I be nervous in the literal first page of the game?
In post 23, marcistar wrote:while im aware i usually sus meuh for the weirdest reasons (me and meuh are friends fyi), this post ↓ was 100% serious.
In post 14, marcistar wrote:
In post 12, Meuh wrote:
In post 6, MegAzumarill wrote:Image

It's a sine!

VOTE: Meuh

This is a very serious scumread.
:0 how could you? I'm a pure innocent angel :good:
see u feel
off
already,
u know im the innocent angel :roll:
to me it feels weird because i dont remember meuh using "pure innocent angel :good:" much before, as thats typically something i would say.
im not sure if it makes her scum, but it makes her feel
off.
This still doesn't feel like a real read to me.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Greeting »

Oh, so it wasn't a mod prod but a placeholder.
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:45 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 24, Greeting wrote:
In post 21, marcistar wrote: do u want to spice it up :twisted:
In what way? :cool:
"speedwagon somebody.."

idk we can either:
-1v1 for no reason
-attack somebody together
ur choice :cool:
In post 24, Greeting wrote:Why do you expect scum to be a bit nervous?
idk cape90s experience but just in general,
scum are usually worried about their appearances, so i feel like they would be cautious when entering the thread, and a bit nervous abt making the wrong comment. early on people latch onto like anything, so making the wrong comment will be deadly :cool:
In post 27, Cape90 wrote:I think you are looking too deep into me.
yah cuz im trying to get the game started
(like itll prob end up in me being wagoned but idm :cool:)

its an early read, it wont hold much weight as more stuff develops
In post 27, Cape90 wrote:
In post 23, marcistar wrote:while im aware i usually sus meuh for the weirdest reasons (me and meuh are friends fyi), this post ↓ was 100% serious.
In post 12, Meuh wrote::0 how could you? I'm a pure innocent angel :good:
see u feel
off
already,
to me it feels weird because i dont remember meuh using "pure innocent angel :good:" much before, as thats typically something i would say.
off.
its a real read bb if u want u can scumread me for making reads out of like nothing.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 16, Cape90 wrote:
In post 13, Meuh wrote:
In post 8, marcistar wrote:HELLO EVERYBODY HELLA HYPED AND EXCITED TO BE PLAYING WITH U!!@@!!@@@!!!!
In post 6, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: Meuh

This is a very serious scumread.
locktown tbh
dropping townreads this early, marci>?? must mean you're trying to pocket (either me or azumarill, i'm not even sure who you're calling locktown) :mad:
very suspicious behaviour :nerd:
Usually this behavior is completely NAI and I would argue mostly just comes from town. I dunno what is up with the townread this early either + dunno why you would assume they were pocketing you.
This was a joke and not a legitimate comment about Marci’s alignment, but Idm you looking into it, that’s the point of it anyways, now discussion’s been fuelled a bit more :cool:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Meuh »

Also I mentioned my own name as someone she might be pocketing because I didn’t lnow if she was calling me or Azumarill locktown, I was saying she’s pocketing whoever that is
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 29, marcistar wrote:
"speedwagon somebody.."

idk we can either:
-1v1 for no reason
scum are usually worried about their appearances, so i feel like they would be cautious when entering the thread, and a bit nervous abt making the wrong comment. early on people latch onto like anything, so making the wrong comment will be deadly :cool:

see u feel
off
already,
off.
its a real read bb if u want u can scumread me for making reads out of like nothing.
The bolded part feels odd tbh, why are you suddenly so defensive the second someone makes a negative comment about a read you’re making? Nothing was said about scumreading you, drawing that line yourself reeks of paranoia :eek:
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:17 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 32, Meuh wrote:
The bolded part feels odd tbh, why are you suddenly so defensive the second someone makes a negative comment about a read you’re making? Nothing was said about scumreading you, drawing that line yourself reeks of paranoia :eek:
to me, "not a real read" is something a scum player would do, so im trying to see if he draws that same conclusion...?
what makes it seem defensive..? it was just a casual comment inviting scumreads on me with open arms
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 33, marcistar wrote:
In post 32, Meuh wrote:
to me, "not a real read" is something a scum player would do, so im trying to see if he draws that same conclusion...?
what makes it seem defensive..? it was just a casual comment inviting scumreads on me with open arms
The invitation just feels like fake confidence and like I said, they never said they scumread you, so it came out of nowhere. I can easily see scum make that post in an attempt to posture as a confident townie willing to die, yknow? I think you have a fair point with the not a real read stuff, it’s too early to be shutting things down like that, we have barely anything to go off of, any hunch is a valid read at this point of the game :cool: unless he was saying not real as in he thinks you’re being disingenuous? Which would be fine to put out there and push on
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:13 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 20, Greeting wrote:This game surely got off to a slow start.
You are being a great help!
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:16 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Game can start properly when the remaining 20% of people join us.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Cape90 »

"speedwagon somebody.."

idk we can either:
-1v1 for no reason

see u feel
off
already,
off.
1. I see what you are getting at with the whole scum are cautious thing. I feel like, more of a kinda tell I look for is consistency or even the lack there of, I feel like either are usually town indicative, meanwhile, if it more mixed, then I kinda find that sort of thing a scumtell.

2. Fair enough on the deep point.

3. I don't scumread you for what I said. It just seems like a very strange meta observation to make on such a simple post. I have the feeling you are town, on your elaboration post about me, I have a hard time thinking that mafia would make a such in depth elaboration on why they think I am town soooo early on I would expect if mafia were to do something like this, it would be later in the game, also I feel like you are actively progressing conversation which is also a big plus.

------

I have played Forum Mafia before, this isn't my first exposure to it, sort of relatively newish since summer though
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by Cape90 »

To clarify my whole stance on the read not being "real" it isn't that I feel like the read is disingenuous, it is just a read that feels like it shouldn't actually mean anything, if that makes sense.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 38, Cape90 wrote:To clarify my whole stance on the read not being "real" it isn't that I feel like the read is disingenuous, it is just a read that feels like it shouldn't actually mean anything, if that makes sense.
As a general rule of thumb you shouldn't openly discredit reads like this unless grounded in bad logic, not just that you disagree.
All it does is hamper town. Each person can decide for themself if they think the point is valid.

No use discussing reads not grounded in evidence though they can be useful.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Seems like we've escaped the random voting scene so I need to take a few moments to digest the scene which I haven't had enough time to do properly yet.

Man I feel old when new terms come into play that are new to me... when did "locktown" become a thing... haha

Anyhow, I'd love to get a feel for the experience of our newer players if you'd like to intro that a bit for those of you who haven't, that would be great.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 40, ProHawk wrote:Seems like we've escaped the random voting scene so I need to take a few moments to digest the scene which I haven't had enough time to do properly yet.

Man I feel old when new terms come into play that are new to me... when did "locktown" become a thing... haha

Anyhow, I'd love to get a feel for the experience of our newer players if you'd like to intro that a bit for those of you who haven't, that would be great.
Sure! This is my fifth game onsite, all of which have been in the newbie queue (gonna be graduating from being a newbie after this :()
I have a bit of experience with online mafia outside of here (been playing for almost a 2 years now i think?) although all of it in a much shorter format (24h/24h day/night cycles typically, some even 12h/12h, longest format I've played outside of MS was 72h/24h), haven't played at all in several months though and generally not much in the past year with newbie 2063 being my latest actual game. :cool:
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 34, Meuh wrote:The invitation just feels like fake confidence and like I said, they never said they scumread you, so it came out of nowhere. I can easily see scum make that post in an attempt to posture as a confident townie willing to die, yknow?
mmmhmm yeah ic
why no vote pressure if u see that as scummy..? :?
In post 36, MegAzumarill wrote:Game can start properly when the remaining 20% of people join us.
i dont think we should let that stunt our growth tbh :good:
In post 37, Cape90 wrote:1. I see what you are getting at with the whole scum are cautious thing. I feel like, more of a kinda tell I look for is consistency or even the lack there of, I feel like either are usually town indicative, meanwhile, if it more mixed, then I kinda find that sort of thing a scumtell.
mmhmm yeah i see this, that kind of stuff will become more obv later on but now we still need some more solid stuff i feel.

:shifty: :shifty: if ur actually scum i might be a bit sad ngl, cuz i feel like ull have me pocketed fairly soon :cool:
In post 37, Cape90 wrote:It just seems like a very strange meta observation to make on such a simple post.
In post 38, Cape90 wrote:To clarify my whole stance on the read not being "real" it isn't that I feel like the read is disingenuous, it is just a read that feels like it shouldn't actually mean anything, if that makes sense.
i can see how its a strange point yeah,
later on ill get a better read on her :twisted: :twisted:
In post 40, ProHawk wrote:Man I feel old when new terms come into play that are new to me... when did "locktown" become a thing... haha
heya heya! when did u last play..? :P
im not sure when it became a thing :?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 42, marcistar wrote:
In post 34, Meuh wrote:The invitation just feels like fake confidence and like I said, they never said they scumread you, so it came out of nowhere. I can easily see scum make that post in an attempt to posture as a confident townie willing to die, yknow?
mmmhmm yeah ic
why no vote pressure if u see that as scummy..? :?
I'd rather pressure someone who hasn't said a word yet, infighting amongst the active players would just reward not being present and allow potential scum to hide out in inactivity, so my vote stays where it is
AsuStuckey
AsuStuckey
Townie
AsuStuckey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:15 am

Post by AsuStuckey »

Ah Sorry Im late but im ready to get in the groove of this Mafia game

Im not really into voting someone of the bat (even if they havnt made a post yet), since there is players like me that might just be late to the game
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 44, AsuStuckey wrote:Ah Sorry Im late but im ready to get in the groove of this Mafia game

Im not really into voting someone of the bat (even if they havnt made a post yet), since there is players like me that might just be late to the game
I love this song!

UNVOTE: AsuStuckey
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Greeting »

"speedwagon somebody.."

idk we can either:
-1v1 for no reason
Let's say I do. Who is your choice and why?
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:04 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 44, AsuStuckey wrote:Ah Sorry Im late but im ready to get in the groove of this Mafia game

Thats fine, but do try to check in a couple times a day pretty please?
You don't
need
to vote somebody off the bat, its just trying to kickstart discussion (-:
Has anything stuck out as either good/bad to you so far? Or anything else you would like to comment on?
In post 45, Greeting wrote:

I love this song!

what do you love so much abt it that made you unvote?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 47, marcistar wrote:
In post 45, Greeting wrote:

I love this song!

what do you love so much abt it that made you unvote?
Madonna is an
icon
. I can't keep RVS-ing someone who reminded me of Madonna by accidental usage of a phrase which made me think of an iconic song.
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:10 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 46, Greeting wrote: Let's say I do. Who is your choice and why?
prob meg, since I wanna solve them and I feel like it might be more benefical to do it earlier on.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”