Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Datisi »

might

emphasis on might

i need to sleep maybe i'll manage to do that tomorrow
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

tbf, seems like Bingle is trying to rally people to his poverty.

P.edit: real life comes first of course. The gamma-FG interaction is a pretty quick read, even with checking the source meta referenced. Took me about 30 mins yesterday
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Lol

To his POV
YOUR AD HERE

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:41 am

Post by Datisi »

on the other hand i could just act as baltar's doublevoter

that is a possibility

we'll see
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:44 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1676, VP Baltar wrote:rally people to his poverty.
I am absolutely not trying to start a pyramid scheme in this specific mafia game. :shifty:

And yeah, RL is more important, Dats. GL with the edumafication stuff. I hope whatever you're working on works out.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Datisi »

don't worry about my rl, i mostly know what i am doing
~M
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:56 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1666, Bingle wrote:
In post 1648, DArby wrote:I have a town read on both Datisi and VP. I want to apply pressure. Having pressure as a replacement should be a good reaction test.

I still would want to hear them out.
Assuming PP and Enchant both stay in, we have roughly 24 hours between Dunn replace and EoD. Do you think that's actually enough time to get a reaction, read into said reaction, and decide if it's worth eliminating there? If the player who replaces in isn't caught up when they do so, do you think they'll respond to a lot of pressure on themselves? If they are won't they realize they're under pressure? Suffice to say, 'pressuring Dunnslot' (or really NM slot) isn't going to do much. We need to start consolidating now so we're not scrambling for a lim last minute.

Might I interest you in this shiny Gamma wagon that has the two amazing qualities of not being on you and being a possible elimination?
If Pooky’s argument against how flimsy Gamma’s meta arguments are hold up, I’ll probably switch.

If we have a freeze, I’d imagine the replacement will have some time to make an argument alloted by the mod. I don’t expect a read of the game but to see how they respond to the pressure.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:59 am

Post by DArby »

Actually, the more I think about it the dumber that sounds [my last paragraph].

VOTE: Gamma
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1682, DArby wrote:Actually, the more I think about it the dumber that sounds [my last paragraph].

VOTE: Gamma
Did you look at the exchange between pooky and Gamma before you made this vote?
YOUR AD HERE

DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:17 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1655, Fun and Games wrote:Ok so you did your research, do you actually have an example of a time when scum!me tries to kill town!you on D1?
In post 1656, Gamma Emerald wrote:aside from Mtn Dew? I'm assuming this is pooky speaking
I think you pushed me to some degree in Gensokyo maybe? I know out of the rest of the scumteam Kilga was pushing me and KA was whiteknighting me
In post 1658, Gamma Emerald wrote:what the hell happened in mtn dew that derailed the initially elim order for y'all
In post 1653, Fun and Games wrote:like I don't believe Gamma found some random post I made in a scum pt and thinks its a smoking gun and then decided to "drill" me with it while not talking about it and now dramatically reveals it.

Like that makes no sense to me

if town him actually believes this is some sort of smoking gun I think he just posts it and attacks.

Instead he feels like he is trying to calculate if he can get away with this or make us back down by just threatening and now when he sees sentiment in thread is doubtful, he figures he has nothing to lose so he just lets it rip.
This one, VP?
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:18 am

Post by DArby »

Or do you mean the one that’s being referenced?
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:28 am

Post by DArby »

You probably mean the second.

I avoid meta reading as much as I can help it. I’d rather gauge the reaction of those who actually did it.

It’s really unfun for me to read games Im not apart of. :/
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

How do you know pooky is correct about Gamma if you aren't looking into the argument yourself?
YOUR AD HERE

DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:47 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1681, DArby wrote: If Pooky’s argument
Key word if.

I changed votes because I realized my reason for voting Dunn is stupid.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1688, DArby wrote:
Key word if.

Why is it stupid?

Also, when and how will you know IF pooky's points are valid?
YOUR AD HERE

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1672, Bingle wrote:How important is it that you do ~something~? Very. If we just sit around waiting for replacements we're going to be sitting around waiting for replacements until A50 dies of old age. Monkeys are only supposed to live 40 years after all.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:59 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1689, VP Baltar wrote:
Key word if.

Why is it stupid?

With the replacement, it would only be 1-2 days of pressure for the replacement to say anything. I don't realistically expect a rando to read all of these pages, come to a logical conclusion, engage with pushback, AND town coming to a consensus in that time. It sounds better on paper if we had more time for the replacement.

Gamma and you would be my main indicator. I'd imagine Gamma would push back, and F&G would push back to that. They will either bring up the relevant pieces of the meta to this game and agree on some form of facts (to which I could make a conclusion then) and/or you as an informed third party would correct any wrong statements. It's not fool proof but I don't like doing extra work when it can be avoided.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

In post 1536, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1528, Sleepless Assassin wrote:But if you're town who is holding onto it to avoid being NKd, those thoughts dying with you if they're really as accurate as you seem to think, is worse than losing you as a player in this game.
Why in the world should I spill info now that helps scum plan? I don't think my thoughts are more valuable than anyone else's, so if I die, oh well. I'm certainly not going to give up info that helps scum play off my own speculation in the case it is wrong.
By that logic don't share any reads ever.

____________.

Fun and Games vs Gamma didn't change a ton for me. It looks like Fun and Games saying why they suspect Gamma and Gamma getting upset . What does stand out:
-Gamma getting upset now when he didn't seem to care he almost died earlier. Not sure this means anything but it stood out
-Gamma seeming to at the same time have strong opinions and care a lot while forgetting details and saying he would rather lose and have fun than win and not. It feels contradictory but again I don't see scum motivation in that.
-Why do I feel like I'd be scum reading Pooky if not for being in a hydra with skitter. Ahhh my brain lol.
-I wasn't gonna say anything but Bingle already did and scum is never killing Gamma anyway. I also noticed a long time ago Gamma "spewed non PR" . So that's why I've been so willing to compromise on him.

-------------------

Maybe im biased but I'm... like... blinking in disbelief at darby this page. I didn't understand him voting Dunn in the first place but if he believed in it enough to make the vote, I'd think he'd do a better job explaining it and not just go "yeah that was dumb lol" and switch off of it. Then he goes to Gamma because he didn't like his own Dunn vote but with zero interest on the case being made against Gamma. I mean to some extent I understand self preservation and an approaching deadline, but shouldn't there be some original tbought and actual reasons for preference on who dies Day 1?
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1692, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Fun and Games vs Gamma didn't change a ton for me. It looks like Fun and Games saying why they suspect Gamma and Gamma getting upset . What does stand out:
-Gamma getting upset now when he didn't seem to care he almost died earlier. Not sure this means anything but it stood out
-Gamma seeming to at the same time have strong opinions and care a lot while forgetting details and saying he would rather lose and have fun than win and not. It feels contradictory but again I don't see scum motivation in that.
-Why do I feel like I'd be scum reading Pooky if not for being in a hydra with skitter. Ahhh my brain lol.
-I wasn't gonna say anything but Bingle already did and scum is never killing Gamma anyway. I also noticed a long time ago Gamma "spewed non PR" . So that's why I've been so willing to compromise on him.
This reads like you're more suspicious of the F&G side of things, but more willing to vote Gamma.
YOUR AD HERE

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1665, VP Baltar wrote:Gamma, how confident are you in this pooky tell? It reads quite thin.
Not as much as I was before. But I also do not like their way of reacting to my pressure of gaslighting me.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1691, DArby wrote:
In post 1689, VP Baltar wrote:
Key word if.

Why is it stupid?

With the replacement, it would only be 1-2 days of pressure for the replacement to say anything. I don't realistically expect a rando to read all of these pages, come to a logical conclusion, engage with pushback, AND town coming to a consensus in that time. It sounds better on paper if we had more time for the replacement.

Gamma and you would be my main indicator. I'd imagine Gamma would push back, and F&G would push back to that. They will either bring up the relevant pieces of the meta to this game and agree on some form of facts (to which I could make a conclusion then) and/or you as an informed third party would correct any wrong statements. It's not fool proof but I don't like doing extra work when it can be avoided.
What you’re expecting to happen is already happening tho, where’s your take on that???
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

In post 1693, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1692, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Fun and Games vs Gamma didn't change a ton for me. It looks like Fun and Games saying why they suspect Gamma and Gamma getting upset . What does stand out:
This reads like you're more suspicious of the F&G side of things, but more willing to vote Gamma.
I don't want to vote either. But Gamma does look better than Pooky in that exchange so it makes sense you'd see it that way. Overall I still think the Fun and Games slot is townier. Consider it more of a "my eyes are open" moment on that slot than a scum read. Gamma I still think is town too just not with a ton of confidence. I think Darby is the only scum who is viable today.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1696, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
In post 1693, VP Baltar wrote:
I don't want to vote either. But Gamma does look better than Pooky in that exchange so it makes sense you'd see it that way. Overall I still think the Fun and Games slot is townier. Consider it more of a "my eyes are open" moment on that slot than a scum read. Gamma I still think is town too just not with a ton of confidence. I think Darby is the only scum who is viable today.
So you are willing to vote there strictly because you think scum won't eliminate Gamma?
YOUR AD HERE

Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1694, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1665, VP Baltar wrote:Gamma, how confident are you in this pooky tell? It reads quite thin.
Not as much as I was before. But I also do not like their way of reacting to my pressure of gaslighting me.
This is downright absurd
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Proving my point!
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”