Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 249, Prism wrote:They
[Notes PTs]
are uncommon, but not super rare, and the usage depends on the person. I personally use them exclusively to commentate scumgames for postgame reference and study, but this is not the norm.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 108, ProHawk wrote:So fair warning, I'm phone posting this whole weekend so don't expect a lot of quoting and long posts going on because it's well difficult.

After reading and trying to digest a bit after a long day I've come to get some initial gutish reads.

I like merci and muah as town based on good posts that have a town feel of scum hunting in general. I have a feeling that Prism is town but am weirded out by the post in which she votes me almost like as if she needs to vote me to have me answer a question. I had gotten some scummy vibes from the questions that Greeting had initially put out like they were questions for the sake of questions without any follow up.

The rest of you I still need to sort, also for those of you who are more experienced, keep in mind the players who are actually new to Mafia in general and not overwhelm the thread in intense discussion.

VOTE: Greeting

Yeah so anyway, since this is the most that ProHawk has provided in terms of content so far.

VOTE: ProHawk

This vote just seems like a vote to just go with thread consensus at the time.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Maybe this thought I just got is based around too many hypotheticals, but I feel like Asu would be coached in mafia chat about how to play, what to say to the thread, etc. But instead from Asu, there is no real content/Asu asking what stuff means in thread, which I would expect a new mafia player ask directly to someone else on their team in private. If this makes sense.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 249, Prism wrote:My vote was direct and immediate. The questioning was in the hopes of catching him in an outright lie and making my life easier in pushing it. I think the explanation is implausible but not technically impossible.

They are uncommon, but not super rare, and the usage depends on the person. I personally use them exclusively to commentate scumgames for postgame reference and study, but this is not the norm.
Is there something that makes you think that it would be implausible for me to have a PT, moreso than other players? Or is it just an automatic assumption, because people generally don’t use them?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:04 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 241, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 240, Prism wrote:The implication is that it is most likely a scum PT. They provided the explanation that it is a notes PT. I find the scum PT more likely.
Are you proposing an elimination over this? I don't see how that accusation can be addressed, and appears to be meaningful enough of you to 180 the slot.

Personally I can give some benefit of the doubt in the situation although I find Greeting scummy on their own.
In post 245, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 242, Prism wrote:Yes. I have discussed this already with Greeting and acknowledged it is an irreconcilable difference.

I do not understand how this is even a question for someone who is supposedly reading my posts.
I mean I got that impression but just wanted to make sure. It was really drastic and mostly laid out in subtext.
That’s... weird. Not scummy, but weird. And also tells me more about the way you think in mafia games.

To me,
Prism
was being crystal clear as to why she’s voting me out. They didn’t need to explain, and I didn’t ask for an explanation. To you, it was implied and subtext.

On the other hand, you seem to focus on things which to me are completely irrelevant and make you look weird in my eyes for even trying to look at - for instance in or . It just keeps blowing my mind as to why anyone should find that scummy and that’s where my snarky reactions come from.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:57 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.07

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-11-28 00:30:00).

elimination
MegAzumarill [2]:
Meuh, Prism
marcistar [2]:
StrangeMatter, Greeting
ProHawk [2]:
MegAzumarill, Cape90
Greeting [1]:
ProHawk

not voting [2]:
AsuStuckey, marcistar

mod notes~ one two seven three

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Datisi »

prodding ProHawk and AsuStuckey.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:25 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 252, Cape90 wrote:Maybe this thought I just got is based around too many hypotheticals, but I feel like Asu would be coached in mafia chat about how to play, what to say to the thread, etc. But instead from Asu, there is no real content/Asu asking what stuff means in thread, which I would expect a new mafia player ask directly to someone else on their team in private. If this makes sense.
Personally, I've tried doing this exact play as town (I actually learned about it from someone playing scum in Newbie 2076 so right now after failing I'm taking it with a grain of salt since they had already known who was town) where I assumed wrong that they didn't have a partner, just that their partner actually didn't really help them much and they escaped under the radar. Personally, though I still think it's possible that scum can just not help each other, though honestly I don't have enough data to really confirm this or not.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:26 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 244, Prism wrote:VOTE: MegAzumarill
I missed this. Why the change?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:41 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 400, StrangeMatter wrote:I think this should be brought up. I noticed this but if Illwei has a mafia partner, they're either intentionally not helping them, or they don't have a partner at all.
Never mind I'm just bad, but I had assumed the 3rd option when it was actually the 2nd here.

I'm wondering though. I get the idea of things being faked and not being really original, but I don't get the "what" that's faked. Because right now I feel like there's a really large spectrum of things that can be faked.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 am

Post by ProHawk »

Still getting caught up from over the weekend. Will get to the meat of this thing in a bit.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:47 am

Post by ProHawk »

Real quick, initial impressions are that Greeting doesn't feel like opportunistic scum for vote hopping to marci who is generally town-read in the thread.

Probably going to take a peek at Prism, getting scum-vibes there ATM.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Greeting »

Finally, since N2082 ended, so has my gag order on speaking about that game. I hate pretending that things that happened in other game just don't exist, but I guess speaking about unfinished games could bring great harm to them. Even though I was long dead in there anyways, I wouldn't want to spoil it for the rest.

The missing puzzle, which I briefly mentioned in is user MafMen from N2082, who has been posting in the same way as the other two users I had mentioned before.

I just wanted to say that
Prism
plays a similar role (of a mentor, senior figure somewhat) in this game to in N2082. And since implosion was town in that game, that strengthens my townread of
Prism

When it comes to
StrangeMatter
, who was also town in that game, his posts are very similar and consistent with what they exhibited when they plunged into N2082. It's not enough for a townread to me still, but there's other neutral reads I'll be willing to look into first and I would rather leave dealing with
StrangeMatter
for later. They're also on the
marcistar
wagon, which I think leads to voting out a potential scum, but this could be distancing as well (SM voted them first, I joined second), as it seems that the rest of town doesn't agree with that read. So yeah, still neutral territory, but with better potential than the other two.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:29 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 261, ProHawk wrote:Probably going to take a peek at Prism, getting scum-vibes there ATM.
how longs this gonna take?
im interested to see what uve got ^.^
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:57 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 262, Greeting wrote:The missing puzzle, which I briefly mentioned in is user MafMen from N2082, who has been posting in the same way as the other two users I had mentioned before.
capitalization and such is largely nai, its just a coincidence everyone u've meet up until now that dont do it were scum.

also, if ur curious go thru ur town tracker igorsprites iso in newbie 2082, while he does use
some
capitalization, more posts don't use it. :3
just one example, but i could find diff people fitting this bill if needed.
In post 262, Greeting wrote:I just wanted to say that
Prism
plays a similar role (of a mentor, senior figure somewhat) in this game to in N2082. And since implosion was town in that game, that strengthens my townread of
Prism
you can believe what you want ^.^ but i think it'll be bad to use this as a piece of evidence since prism could prob easily do it as scum as well. prism and implosion aren't the same people as well, so comparing them is meh :3
In post 262, Greeting wrote:They're also on the
marcistar
wagon, which I think leads to voting out a potential scum, but this could be distancing as well (SM voted them first, I joined second), as it seems that the rest of town doesn't agree with that read. So yeah, still neutral territory, but with better potential than the other two.
:shrug: im not scum
im not sure if they fully agree with their vote on me during all points in time..? afterall s votecount was right before where they say i feel town. :oops:
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Prism »

My swap is because no one else is voting Greeting for it and I'm not going to harp on it. I don't enjoy pushing the angle to begin with. Someone asked about why a notes PT is less likely-uncommon, especially from newer players, though one...unusual player did during my last game, and unlikely to need to link to.

StrangeMatter, you haven't changed your vote since entering with RVS. Do you have nothing better than random in your mind?

Also very excited for ProHawk to ISO and give something concrete for once. The reads on marcistar/Meuh were vague, he declined to expound on them further, and I am hoping the read on me will be different.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Prism »

While I am town, I am uncomfortable being assigned that way on the basis of guidance. Some of my questioning (eg. towards StrangeMatter) is trying to both further my own alignment and be guiding, but I'm always going to try and make sure players are engaged and walk away from this with a better understanding of the game. The fact that I am town this time, as implosion was, will make it tempting to reinforce this instinct that players are town for it, but this is a mistake. I can, have, and will provide the same sort of advice and guidance as scum.

While I've explained a lot of terminology and the like, I also want to emphasize I am not the only SE this game, and their experience is equally valuable and available.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:19 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 265, Prism wrote:My swap is because no one else is voting Greeting for it and I'm not going to harp on it. I don't enjoy pushing the angle to begin with. Someone asked about why a notes PT is less likely-uncommon, especially from newer players, though one...unusual player did during my last game, and unlikely to need to link to.

StrangeMatter, you haven't changed your vote since entering with RVS. Do you have nothing better than random in your mind?

Also very excited for ProHawk to ISO and give something concrete for once. The reads on marcistar/Meuh were vague, he declined to expound on them further, and I am hoping the read on me will be different.
Not really as of right now no. I prefer to take things at my own pace by putting everything into reading one person at a time. Can't really read multiple people at once that's for sure.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Meuh »

Greeting, I think you’re putting a bit too much emphasis on the way some people talk or general archetypes of players as patterns from past games to define your reads. I skimmed through other games I played with Marci and she didn’t use capital letters more there. Mentors can be town, and they can be scum. I don’t think alignment would change whether or not someone plays as a mentor or if someone suddenly likes capitalizing things. :eek:
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 108, ProHawk wrote:So fair warning, I'm phone posting this whole weekend so don't expect a lot of quoting and long posts going on because it's well difficult.

After reading and trying to digest a bit after a long day I've come to get some initial gutish reads.

I like merci and muah as town based on good posts that have a town feel of scum hunting in general. I have a feeling that Prism is town but am weirded out by the post in which she votes me almost like as if she needs to vote me to have me answer a question. I had gotten some scummy vibes from the questions that Greeting had initially put out like they were questions for the sake of questions without any follow up.

The rest of you I still need to sort, also for those of you who are more experienced, keep in mind the players who are actually new to Mafia in general and not overwhelm the thread in intense discussion.

VOTE: Greeting
In post 261, ProHawk wrote:Real quick, initial impressions are that Greeting doesn't feel like opportunistic scum for vote hopping to marci who is generally town-read in the thread.

Probably going to take a peek at Prism, getting scum-vibes there ATM.
I have a feeling this is towny

UNVOTE: ProHawk
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:40 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 259, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 400, StrangeMatter wrote:I think this should be brought up. I noticed this but if Illwei has a mafia partner, they're either intentionally not helping them, or they don't have a partner at all.
Never mind I'm just bad, but I had assumed the 3rd option when it was actually the 2nd here.

I'm wondering though. I get the idea of things being faked and not being really original, but I don't get the "what" that's faked. Because right now I feel like there's a really large spectrum of things that can be faked.
Can you please answer this @Cape90?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 270, StrangeMatter wrote:

You are quoting a post from another game, I do not copy.

If you are talking about , yeah I kinda agree, a lightbulb in my head went off when I said that, I wanted to make sure I wasn't being mistaken.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:01 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I have no clue what happened there. Hang on I'm bringing it up.

This is what I'm talking about.

I have no clue what happened that made me grab that specific post from my first game.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 271, Cape90 wrote:
In post 270, StrangeMatter wrote:

You are quoting a post from another game, I do not copy.

If you are talking about , yeah I kinda agree, a lightbulb in my head went off when I said that, I wanted to make sure I wasn't being mistaken.
Whenever I had said that something is "faked" I believe it is just content that mafia could easily spew out without thinking too hard, which, yeah isn't exactly "faked" in a literal sense. expresses my doubt in my wording.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:05 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I'm so dumb.

Let me clear this up for a second lmao.

I quoted #400 of that game because of . Second and unrelated, that's not my first game, but my second game lol.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”