Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Prism »

Contrast this to marcistar and Meuh, who I skimmed new games of looking for
extremely specific behavior
as opposed to trying to divine some new pathway.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by ProHawk »

That makes more sense. Why haven't you skimmed my previous games?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by ProHawk »

I find this trajectory on me very odd, almost forced. Here in 92 we get this...
In post 92, Prism wrote: I'll hold of voting Meg, or anyone, for the moment.
Then they post 93, and then in 94 we get
In post 94, Prism wrote:Oh, actually I almost forgot:

VOTE: ProHawk
In post 40, ProHawk wrote:Seems like we've escaped the random voting scene so I need to take a few moments to digest the scene which I haven't had enough time to do properly yet.

Man I feel old when new terms come into play that are new to me... when did "locktown" become a thing... haha

Anyhow, I'd love to get a feel for the experience of our newer players if you'd like to intro that a bit for those of you who haven't, that would be great.
I was curious if anything came of this.
And that's all within a span of four minutes... so that begs the question as to why would you say you would hold off on voting anyone and then vote someone four minutes later.

Well... here's the answer...
In post 111, Prism wrote:I was referring to the digestion of the first few pages. The vote was a friendly prod.
So a friendly prod, why again make a comment earlier that you weren't going to vote someone? It's such strange trajectory, especially when the friendly prod turns into
In post 137, Prism wrote:Happy to vote pile: ProHawk, MegAzumarill, StrangeMatter
Which means there is some semblance of this vote-prod having turned into more without.... having more? This feels like a vote-park, which is also evidenced by the quick shift to Greeting, and then MegAxumarill without having finished sorting me, the vote-park. Round that out with Prism being an apparently very heavy meta-based-reads person and no research done for my own particular meta....
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In 2081 Greeting from the gate is proactive and inquisitive, leans more aggresive than passive responds to pressure with transparency and explanation.

In this game they start off slow, responds to pressure with deflection, doesn't even feign giving reasons for most of their action, generally uninquisitive.

I mean it's pretty much night and day if you want to read it yourself
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 295, ProHawk wrote:
In post 179, MegAzumarill wrote:-_()_- It feels more likely to come from town than scum.

I'd provide example but I don't think we'd get anywhere.

VOTE: ProHawk Let's get some pressure this way.
Can you explain your logic/reasoning here? Have you put Greeting on the not-scum list as of this post?
Nope, still was scumreading greeting but the wagon was stagnant so I decided to try to get some content out of you.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 297, ProHawk wrote:
In post 183, Cape90 wrote:
In post 180, Greeting wrote:
In post 171, Prism wrote: That said, the MafiaScum wiki has some great articles that have kind of stood the test of time. I'm partial to this one.
Wow, this article is a real eye-opener as to how players on MafiaScum operate and behave. I guess it explains quite a lot. I’ve obviously played mafia several times before joining this site and I knew the general strategies, which I applied in my own way. I had no idea that people use this as a suggested point system and then act upon it.
Alright locking Greeting as town.

Have a nice day
Is this locking town thing a joke around here? I can't fathom any town-player locking anyone down as town aside from IC, or flipped-seer-confirmed.

Is locktown = conftown?
Locktown is conftown yes. I didn't say the locktown thing as a joke but more of an experimental reaction test.
I wanted to see how other people reacted to the statement when I made it.
In post 188, Meuh wrote:183 I also like, can't see scum post that, really.
This is how another slot reacted to the same statement, a person who I think is quite towny especially for the stark read change on Greeting early game vs now. , where the suspicion begins... then they flat out call Greeting town in backed up by a bunch of logs. Also it makes their look pretty decent since they actually... did reevaluate.

Going back to , I don't townread the post as much as I let on, but it is something odd to point out as mafia. I
feel
like mafia wouldn't comment on it if they saw and read the article. Even if it is a poinltess comment to make.

I feel like the slot has been getting treated the strangest out of literally everyone here. I literally said Prism was handing Greeting with
kid gloves
while they were talking to Greeting, I also feel like Meg has been a bit strange around the slot, though I will admit I do kind of like where they pointed out a quote from Greeting's town game and they said it was different then how they are here, that's one of the reasons I unvoted Meg. But I have a stronger townread on those who think Greeting is town. Even you ProHawk said yourself that Prism was suspicious.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In resume,

That's where the scum-vibes are mostly coming from with Prism is a lack of trajectory and even sorting/hunting particularly of my slot. With one caveat, and would like some input from the rest of you,

Prism's tone sounds very.... honorable? Her tone doesn't match to me what I would consider a low-blow by scum-knowing that Greeting was posting from a private topic and then using that as a "smoking gun" (In the event that Greeting was town and Prism was scum).

UNVOTE: Greeting

VOTE: Prism

I have a hard time seeing that scum-greeting goes all-in on pushing for a marci lynch when they are essentially on the chopping block. Greeting has been pretty much front and center, playing very bold, I don't see that from scum here yet. The only odd thing is the drop off on meme/video posting from them but I have no idea if that's even AI.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 304, MegAzumarill wrote:
Nope, still was scumreading greeting but the wagon was stagnant so I decided to try to get some content out of you.
Voting me to get more content out of me usually only works when I'm around :lol:
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 301, ProHawk wrote:That makes more sense. Why haven't you skimmed my previous games?
I literally just addressed this in the two previous posts. What is making sense to you here if not those posts?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 307, ProHawk wrote:
In post 304, MegAzumarill wrote:
Nope, still was scumreading greeting but the wagon was stagnant so I decided to
try
to get some content out of you.
Voting me to get more content out of me usually only works when I'm around :lol:
:)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Prism »

Here, I will make it ridiculously fucking explicit, one second.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Meuh »

VOTE: StrangeMatter

Prefer my vote here. :cool:
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Prism »

I have cited 6 games of meta so far.

4 of these I had read or played in
prior
to the game starting, ranging from many weeks ago to several months.

-The first two games contrast a small behavior of Meg's, emphasis on mechanics vs. reads. One of these games is Mini Normal 2246, which we both played Day 1 of back in August. By definition, I read it before the start of this one. One of these is trist fall, which I spectated because of the playerlist and a personal interest in the setup. I can decisively prove I read this game prior to the start of this one, because I quoted from it in the next iteration.

-The third game is Tarot, by marcistar. I spectated this game because I wanted to play in it originally, I am friends with the moderator, and it was a good playerlist. This game swung off of marcistar's elimination Day 1 for the behavior I outlined here. I can again decisively prove I read this game prior to the start of this one, because I commented on the postgame.

-The fourth game is 2081 of Greeting's. I have explained why I spectated this game,
3 weeks prior to the start of this one, several times already.
While I cannot decisively prove I read it prior to the start of this game, why the fuck would I even bring it up if I were trying to dodge using it?

I have further skimmed 2 games that I
had not already read this game
. The intention was to look for
extremely specific behaviors
as a sanity check.

-The first of these is marcistar, who contended that she could be this forceful on entrance as scum. I looked at a scumgame of hers, Isekai, and looked to see how forceful and assertive of an entrance she made. The contrast was clear.

-The second of these was Meuh, who posted a giant readslist. I looked at a scumgame of hers with the intention of seeing if this is something she had replicated. She had.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Prism »

I have no reason to spectate your games without a
specific behavior to look for.
I have already said this in post 300, one of the ones that "made sense" to you.

I am
not
randomly or universally spectating games to divine things from scratch for every player in a game.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Prism »

re: 302 Yours was the only start I hated because you didn't engage with the content and didn't follow up on the promise to. It was on page 2. I wrote a catchup post when I finished reading and didn't like my vote anywhere. I remembered that entrance existed and placed my vote accordingly.

The trajectory is 4 minutes. Do you think as scum worried about where to put a vote I just made the decision to vote nowhere, then changed it out of fear or nervousness <4 minutes later? This isn't something impossible to fake but there's a clear trajectory here and you're arguing it's a lack of one.

I have kept you in my top vote picks ever since that opening. I have grilled you continuously to make your reads concrete and to provide content. If the trajectory you're expecting is to have moved you to town, why on earth would I have when you still hadn't done a thing?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Prism »

302 is horrific, "lack of trajectory" when I had you as a top vote pick and you didn't give anything more than "vibes " for 10 pages, somehow expecting that to change, but 301 has me legitimately malding.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 311, Meuh wrote:VOTE: StrangeMatter

Prefer my vote here. :cool:
May be wrong on this idea but I feel like Strange's in a position a lot of mafia members are: widely null or slightly scumread with not much radical takes, and without much pressure on them. I think this kind of null or slight scumread is what a lot of mafia members like to read each other, I could see many players be doing this regarding Strange.
Strange is also to me probably the player who has the widest net of possible scum partners (other than Asu I suppose), so that's also something that makes them a correct vote here more often. I suppose this delves into preflip associations which you may not all like but eh :eek:
I'll say I've liked Meg's recent posts a bit more than their earlier ones so that also nudges me that way. Not sure how I feel about Hawk's new posts though
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Prism »

Jesus Christ this gets worse, you even snipped the concrete criticism I gave you in the quotes and ignored all of the actual commentary on your slot.

111 gets cut from this:
In post 111, Prism wrote:I was referring to the digestion of the first few pages. The vote was a friendly prod.

I would love something more concrete on the Marcistar and Meuh reads, which are very vague. I am especially interested in the latter.

I also fundamentally disagree on the value of intense discussion relating to the new players. Your two townreads, three counting your gutread on me, all came from such discussions. Two of the newer players have been core drivers, and the rest have not shied away.
to this:
And therefore loses a giant chunk of the criticism.

You didn't even
touch
In post 193, Prism wrote:Happy to vote pile
======
ProHawk: Didn't follow up with the content commentary and didn't seem to know how to engage with the marcistar/Meuh content. He ended up calling them both likely town but couldn't really justify it. The fear for me is that he saw two people who knew each other and that it would be suicide to get in the middle of them as scum.
nor did you touch 265
In post 265, Prism wrote:Also very excited for ProHawk to ISO and give something concrete for once. The reads on marcistar/Meuh were vague, he declined to expound on them further, and I am hoping the read on me will be different.
No wonder there's no trajectory beyond the vote, you cut out all of the criticism and every attempt to follow up on it to get something out of you.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Prism »

Like I guess this
is
the answer to 265 but holy

I'm taking a lap before I blow a lid
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Prism »

There is a very good chance I vote swap but I'm going to get the tilt out of my system first then revisit if this is malicious or just completely inept
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Meuh »

@ProHawk, what do you think of me and Marci? You've yet to comment on it since the original mention back in despite being asked. :?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Meuh »

Hawk seems more focused on throwing suspicion on Prism than on developing significant reads or reads on the broader set of players, which is off-putting :eek:
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Prism »

Let me set aside my tilt and rephrase this.

ProHawk, given that I have not liked your opening post, nor the vague reads on marcistar/Meuh in the following posts, and my repeated (3 times!) attempts to engage you/spurr you towards something more concrete than "vibes".

Please elaborate where my trajectory and attempts to solve you prior to 301/302 were lacking
in relation to your ISO.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Prism »

...At least I finally got something concrete, I guess.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Well, that's quite the defense :lol:

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”