Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Something_Smart »

It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:27 pm

In post 38, T3 wrote:VOTE: whatever the Pokemon in your avatar is
lmao what pokemon do you think it is
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #211 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:10 am

Is this not just a ranking of how well-known people are
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #212 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:13 am

In post 128, NorwegianboyEE wrote:i’m a general "hide my identity" alt
You're doing a bang-up job of it :P

Also ayy Norwee's in the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #213 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:17 am

In post 189, Azaariah wrote:what was the motivation behind posting this post? i actually dont understand.
then how can you scumread it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #263 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:54 am

In post 246, osuka wrote:are you saying i'm well-known? i'm not entirely sure that's a good thing
Moderately. It's more that putting two alts at the bottom is nagl.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #271 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:56 am

In post 266, osuka wrote:i hope the rumors arent that im a complete dick
I think I've only played with you once. You fought a lot with me, but you were right and I was scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #276 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:00 am

In post 274, Andante wrote:tbh green name scares me ._.
Should wear off pretty quick when you realize how toothless of a game I play.

Also nice to meet you! I don't believe we've played together before :]
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #281 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:03 am

In post 277, Andante wrote:probably, I mean everyone seems to be fine with april outing lists and changing them with no explanation, sooooo
On the scale of annoying things he can (and probably will) do, it seems pretty mild.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #290 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:05 am

In post 282, osuka wrote:oh yeah im always right
I killed you and won 'cause nobody listened to you :cool:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #291 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:05 am

In post 288, osuka wrote:
In post 280, Hella Jeff wrote:Sent from my iPhone
hahahahahahah what the fuck my sides are in orbit
Also yep same
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #322 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:40 pm

In post 319, Azaariah wrote:when i see this post, it feels extremely out of the blue.
Meh, I don't really see what's wrong with it. It's not like you need to have interacted with someone in order to have a read on them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #348 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:36 pm

In post 323, Azaariah wrote:so you think that if i posted a reads list and someone asked me a specific question about it, some newly replaced in person saying "it'd be really scummy if Azaariah replies [this]" isn't strange?
Well, it would be strange, but not for that reason. It wouldn't be any less strange if someone who'd already interacted with you a bunch said it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #353 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:12 pm

In post 350, Azaariah wrote:there is a reason that my first though was the tmi and that's because a lot of unreasonable things that seem to not come from either alignment can be explained because of tmi existing.
Maybe. I feel like relatively few TMI accusations are actually TMI.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #448 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:07 am

In post 427, Hella Jeff wrote:the way this is phrased is just *chefs kiss* i don't even know why it townpings me so strongly
I kinda see what you're talking about. I think it's +town if Andante is town but +scum if Andante is scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #460 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:15 am

In post 452, NorwegianboyEE wrote:...Why?
This line feels very distancey: "i think andante is scum. this post is just such a strange post and not in a good way. what was the motivation behind posting this post? i actually dont understand." like they're trying to play up how weird/confusing it is.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #461 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:16 am

In post 456, Azaariah wrote:i bus my buddy like this on day 1 when they are in a perfectly amazing position. okay ...
Why wouldn't you? Do you expect people to actually follow you and kill Andante?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #471 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:21 am

In post 468, T3 wrote:“Can I just duck big have fun”
Lmao
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #479 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:31 am

Just the number of short sentences underscoring the point makes it feel less likely genuine based on experience. Could just be stylistic, of course.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #482 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:37 am

In post 480, Azaariah wrote:the number of long sentences i've wrote are far more and plentiful. if you really want to do this, address all of my posts on the case.
There is no way that is healthy for the game.

I am pattern-matching based on what I've seen in the past. I can't think of specific examples, but I can think of a situation where I advised a scum partner not to make a post that did the exact thing that I'm talking about. It does happen.

That said, I wasn't aware when I made the comment that your Andante vote was your first substantial post of the game. I think most people wouldn't be distancing quite THAT early, so I retract it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #485 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:48 am

Wasn't planning on it. We still have over a week left in the day.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #492 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:00 am

In post 486, Azaariah wrote:how do you feel about norwegianboy and osuka? my initial thought was that both were town. im not as certain anymore.
I all honesty I looked but couldn't find anything for either of them.

I don't trust in my ability to read Norwee at all; I don't recall if I've ever seen him as scum, but if so I sure don't remember what it's like.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #493 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:02 am

Also I do have to back up geraintm here. I get reads on me all the time because I'm playing similarly or differently from my town or scum game and I would bet that those reads are in general not better than random.

People pick up on patterns in my play but my play has a LOT of patterns that do not depend on my alignment (but can depend on other external factors).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #528 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:38 am

In post 507, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why is everyone so wary of bussing in this particular game.
No particular reason, it's just something that came to mind.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #534 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Not sure if joke.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #550 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:54 pm

In post 535, T3 wrote:It’s not a joke.
Granted, I was multitasking when trying to to meta dive you so unless I missed something really really obvious then I think you’re town?
No the reason I thought it was a joke is that I just got done saying that people find things in my meta that don't mean anything and then you made that incredibly vague post.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #562 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:09 pm

Hopefully with my later posts that comment will make more sense.

Perhaps I come from an era where people used to bus all the time for no goddamn reason and that's no longer as common. That's probably true for newer players at least, but I have no idea how much experience Azaariah has and with alts I tend to assume the worst.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #635 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:30 am

Reading my meta, not just my ISO in this game.

And he didn't even really give a concrete reason.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #647 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:39 am

In post 639, Andante wrote:Cause skimming T3, it's just "meta this, meta that" "town post" "vibes" for someone with almost 100 posts, I want actual content...
What do you consider to be actual content?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #664 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:45 am

In post 654, Andante wrote:idk, like an actual push on someone for a legit reason...
What makes a reason legit?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #730 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:00 pm

In post 726, Gamma Emerald wrote:this is not a poe KEKW
It sure looks like one to me...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #749 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:26 pm

In post 745, Andante wrote:I think SS here is kinda suspicious, like the way he was asking me questions/whatnot, just enough to be like "hey I'm contributing" but honestly, he's always here, yet never seems to have significant thoughts, seems to avoid any major conversation, mostly tried to stay out of aza/I.. idk something seems off about ss
The irony of you whining about people attacking you for playstyle and then posting this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #753 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:31 pm

My point is you're scumreading me for my playstyle.

Please knock it off.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #756 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:33 pm

In post 752, Andante wrote:Also, SS, notice how you only talk after I go "I really don't think SS is town"
Are you actually giving me shit for staying out of the discussion that you asked people to stay out of because you (rightly) felt you were being dogpiled?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #764 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:35 pm

In post 758, Andante wrote:No, see, it's not exactly your playstyle, it's more, I sr one person, T3, think about interactions with people, such as you, and how you've interacted with T3, bam!
I mean, that's fair. You're welcome to come after me if T3 flips red. But doing it now seems pretty backward.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #766 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:36 pm

In post 762, Azaariah wrote:everyone stop posting. close this tab. take a break. please
Why are you saying this now that the conversation has finally moved to a productive place?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #774 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:45 pm

In post 769, Andante wrote:I'll probably have to read into other team options before we flip someone today, but this is essentially how I get my reads, partner interactions. It's just hard when there's not a whole lot of interactions amongst people
Imo using partner interactions between unflipped players is... ambitious. It's not like it can't be made to work, but I usually don't see it accomplishing much especially early on.

But you do you, and I think this is the kind of content everyone wants to see from you. Just don't try to push me for something T3 did unless he's dead and flipped scum.

(And fwiw I agree that his meta read is really weird and eyebrow-raising. It reminds me of this. I would like to hear him elaborate on it if at all possible.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #863 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:16 pm

In post 861, osuka wrote:this ticks me off in a really wrong way. ss knows better than to do this shallow of a misrep
What's the misrep?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #871 (isolation #38) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:33 pm

In post 869, osuka wrote:she's attacking content, not style. are you saying your style is to not post anything she'd classify as "significant thoughts"?
Very likely, yeah.

Style is a bit of an ambiguous term, but I would say that someone's playstyle is embodied in how they make content. I don't see the two as opposites.

Semantics aside, her description fits the majority of my games as both alignments.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #892 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:16 am

In post 888, T3 wrote:Btw the read that game I’m pretty sure was completely made up
Yeah I figured.

So... can you demonstrate that it isn't this time?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #893 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:17 am

Also the problem with D1 nihilism is that if everyone buys into it and just treats D1 like it's pointless and random then D2 becomes another D1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #899 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:07 am

In post 895, Azaariah wrote:i dont like this. the poe is really gross. it really looks like you are just placing everyone who took part in the 1v1 between andante and i and put them in poe because we are being discussed right now and most likely to come under pressure. the town reads are also just not good. you townread everyone who basically hasn't done anything (relative to the current "1v1") or have a decent amount of town reads. thats pretty lazy. you're just calling everyone who is partaking in this specific discussion poe which honestly is true, but i really hate that it's written out like this. it's very unsettling to see.
It seems pretty clear that the readlist is presented as him listing people he townreads for independent reasons and putting the remainder in the PoE.

If I understand this correctly, you are accusing him of completely faking all his townreads in order to put everyone who involved in the Aza/Andante fight in the PoE, yes? And if this is the case, then the natural follow-up would be to ask T3 to explain his townreads...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #905 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:38 am

In post 904, geraintm wrote:nah, town will have some info from the first night to play 1.
maybe like 1-2 people will, but they're not really going to want to share that, are they?

your other point is fair though; not everyone plays the same way and it wouldn't be good for the game if they did anyway. But I'm not convinced that D1 nihilism really adds anything of value to the game, especially since it's clearly possible for some people to get valuable reads on D1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #908 (isolation #43) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:56 am

Also, someone who's been on the site 15 years thinking a D1 miller claim isn't serious is frankly ridiculous.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #916 (isolation #44) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:11 am

In post 913, Andante wrote:And one more thing, how often do scum fake claim miller?
I have not seen a true or fake miller claim in a while. The role has become pretty rare.

It used to be... relatively common, I would say, but maybe I'm biased because I've done it (and got away with it, too, though I probably shouldn't have).

Given that miller has become rarer I would say fakeclaiming it would also probably be rare.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #974 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:27 am

In post 954, geraintm wrote:you are really giving me way more credit than i am due. i am fairly sure there are others around here who can vouch for my cluelessness in games
Okay, well, trust me, it is almost certainly serious. It may not matter quite yet, but it is serious, at least.

Also whoever is bubbly can you please quote that slip
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #988 (isolation #46) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:54 am

In post 986, Andante wrote:HAPPY SCUMDAY SOMETHING_SMART!!!! Today is a good day!!!! Love seeing cake first thing in the morning :)
Thank you :]
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1054 (isolation #47) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:57 am

In post 1049, Gamma Emerald wrote:this is what my mind goes to for "in too deep"
Same, was wondering if anyone else would post it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1103 (isolation #48) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:11 pm

In post 1101, Azaariah wrote:i kept saying that andante scum cleared april because i really wanted to see people's reactions to that and to see if i could get scum to bus andante in return for a hard townread on april who seems like a strong player (everyone seems to know them for some reason?).
This explains a decent bit.

Unfortunately you don't control the gamestate on your own and without knowing who you are I don't think April would ever take that bait.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1110 (isolation #49) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:28 pm

In post 1104, Azaariah wrote:i guess that might sound a bit stupid but i sort of imagine that if andante were scum, they'd be active and panicking in the scum pt.
Meta read? Or you just think you command so much force with a page 8 read that scum would feel unable to shake it?

Given how early your read came out, I wouldn't be taking it that seriously as Andante's partner, or even as Andante herself. If you were someone she knew and/or respected, that might be different.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1111 (isolation #50) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:29 pm

sorry to hear that osuka, hope you feel better soon!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1138 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:23 am

Norwee, what's your read on me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1143 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:27 am

That's... fair, I guess. Is that for D1, or indefinitely?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1145 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:28 am

Lmao. Unless it's by April, don't trust that shit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1151 (isolation #54) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:48 am

In post 1149, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Is April known for doing cop checks on you?
He's known for fakeclaiming and gambiting especially as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1187 (isolation #55) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:30 am

Oh yeah, I should probably mention this at some point.

In almost every game I've played with scum-April:
- I have caught either him or one or more of his teammates (usually based on something he did)
- He has killed me
- He has gone on to win anyway

If 1 & 2 happen please don't let 3 happen.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1199 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:09 am

In post 1191, T3 wrote:Town
Why...?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1231 (isolation #57) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:41 pm

In post 1226, Azaariah wrote:holiday is town and im never voting there without a claimed guilty.
Because of ?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1256 (isolation #58) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:09 pm

You're starting to sound like T3

And April tbh, but his read on me is always wack early on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1257 (isolation #59) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:10 pm

I kinda want to just kill T3 unless he can justify his read on me because it feels like he's trying to frame me as his partner or something
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1293 (isolation #60) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:15 am

VOTE: T3
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1298 (isolation #61) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:20 am

In post 1294, Andante wrote:What made right now the time to vote?
T3 keeps dodging my requests to explain his read on me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1301 (isolation #62) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:25 am

In post 1300, Andante wrote:Something_Smart's vote hasn't moved all game... but I know that's a playstyle thing
Out of curiosity, what gave you this impression? I don't think we've played together before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1303 (isolation #63) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:26 am

This is a good point lol, literally my last post before that vote was "I want to kill T3"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1310 (isolation #64) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:33 am

In post 1304, Andante wrote:Cause I never used to move my vote much, didn't understand people who changed it a bunch, and since coming to MS, most people change votes a lot lol
Good save if that was a TMI. I am notorious for not using my vote much, especially early on. So I'm with you :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1338 (isolation #65) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:05 am

In post 1327, T3 wrote:?????????
You made 0 effort to explain your read from the 76-minute meta dive in any detail and you ignored .
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1339 (isolation #66) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:06 am

In post 1331, T3 wrote:what possible scum motivation is there to just completely ignore you
Well there is some but mostly I just wanted to get your attention. Which looks like it worked.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1361 (isolation #67) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:29 pm

I'm kind of a terrible player to slingshot on D1 though.

I'll take townreads of course, but I don't feel that he truly townreads me (at least in my understanding of the word).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1368 (isolation #68) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:43 pm

In post 1362, osuka wrote:oh boy i have 16 pages to catch up on, fuck this noise

thankfully i can speed read and type really fast so it should only take 1 hour 16 minutes to get it done
lmao
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1369 (isolation #69) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:45 pm

In post 1365, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Dude, not cool.
It's not up to you to decide that.
He's talking about the alt slip. I don't think he got to the point where Aza claimed it yet.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1475 (isolation #70) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:59 pm

Can we just burn that entire last page in a fire
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1569 (isolation #71) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:29 am

Did not realize prods were 36h mb. What in the high hell is this holiday wagon
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1570 (isolation #72) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:31 am

I don't have an issue with the wagon itself (other than I thought someone had her as hard town?) but why are there 4 people jumping on with 0 reasons given
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1572 (isolation #73) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:35 am

If you're referring to yourself what you said doesn't count.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1576 (isolation #74) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:40 am

In post 1574, Enchant wrote:I want kill, is this count as reason
You just told T3 to tell you who to kill and then you ignored what he said though...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1578 (isolation #75) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:41 am

In post 1575, Almost50 wrote:I don't know if this is scum defending a p or scum WK'ing town.
Or if it's town defending an incredibly fast wagon. Why did you leave that option off?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1588 (isolation #76) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:49 am

Oh I don't particularly buy the claim either, but we might as well give him a chance to get himself killed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1594 (isolation #77) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:54 am

At the very least, I sparked some interesting discussion.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1595 (isolation #78) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:55 am

Not sure if I want to vote A50, I feel like this is a relatively towny response? I'm pretty townread this game, why go after me as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1599 (isolation #79) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:58 am

In post 1598, Almost50 wrote:Now that you did. It still felt VERY strange of you to question a wagon formed with less than 2 days to go after the previous one claimed PR.
It was a knee-jerk if I'm being honest. Big trains of sheep wagons give me the willies.

Somebody called Holiday strong town at some point in the game, but I can't for the life of me remember who. Any ideas?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1601 (isolation #80) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:59 am

And I saw the wagon before I saw the claim so that contributed to me being spooked
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1603 (isolation #81) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:00 am

In post 1600, Andante wrote:that green name is still scary lol name is green, has us thinking you flip green, I see how the mind games work!!!
Ah yes, all part of the master plan

Now to get zoraster and kison to join a game and they'll be easy to mis-exe
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1613 (isolation #82) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:06 am

In post 1608, Dwlee99 wrote:Eh a50 is probably town here

Holiday should be the vote today
Premature VT claim is definitely > rand town. Do you think Holiday's reaction is suspect?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1615 (isolation #83) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:08 am

In post 1612, Andante wrote:LMAOOO OMG a game with the 3 of yall???
That probably won't ever happen, zor plays very rarely and I don't think kison plays at all.

But we could get a game with 3 greens; I've played with all of them before, and PP and lilith quite a bit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1616 (isolation #84) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 am

April has given reasons fwiw, though they are PoE and shouldn't really be sheeped.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1619 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:11 am

In post 1617, Hella Jeff wrote:i think implicitly refusing to take that path is +town
Take what path?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1622 (isolation #86) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:13 am

It's just PoE, isn't it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1785 (isolation #87) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:11 pm

In post 1774, April Ludgate wrote:Not only do I have multiple people this game that could call me out, the people who don't know me as well are the types of players to not understand and push me in that regard.
I think I buy this
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1787 (isolation #88) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:13 pm

In post 1778, Tracer.Bullet wrote:If Dwlee only claims miller as town that's a trust tell.
It gets weird when you get into small sample size. I don't think Dwlee ever said they would never claim miller as scum so this isn't relevant.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1797 (isolation #89) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:53 am

In post 1790, Tracer.Bullet wrote:I think it's a trivially stupid read to say ___ only claims miller when ____ is town.
I don't understand your point
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1817 (isolation #90) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:49 am

I got an Azumarill in my brilliant diamond playthrough :]

I want to get belly drum + aqua jet (with huge power) but I'm not sure if it can learn both those moves naturally.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1824 (isolation #91) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:16 am

Well that makes this pretty easy then

VOTE: Holiday

E-1
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2006 (isolation #92) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:18 am

In post 1947, Tracer.Bullet wrote:I don't think April is uninformed or gives a shit what Holiday actually flips as.

Confidence is manufactured and sounds hollow and fake.
None of this is AI for him
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2011 (isolation #93) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:23 am

No he doesn't? (I don't think?)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2014 (isolation #94) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:25 am

I don't put much stock in meta arguments made by secret alts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2017 (isolation #95) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:31 am

In post 2015, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 2014, Something_Smart wrote:I don't put much stock in meta arguments
made by secret alts.
Why aren't you voting April then?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2026 (isolation #96) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 am

In post 2019, Dwlee99 wrote:What...?
Like, April is playing really agenda-y and informed and forced. If you don't care that that's his meta I don't see how you wouldn't have him as scum.

But mostly I'm just giving you a hard time for saying something that seems obviously wrong to me, so sorry.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2118 (isolation #97) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:36 am

In post 2115, April Ludgate wrote:I'm running Gastrodon as my water poke.
I've got two because I was doing Simple Swords Dance Bibarel and then I couldn't resist Huge Power shenanigans. My friend tells me both belly drum and aqua jet are egg moves though :X

(Sorry for this fluff btw, I feel like a little socializing is fine as long as it doesn't take over the thread.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2123 (isolation #98) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:42 am

I think it would take quite a lot to get me to vote you on D1.

Certainly after you've claimed a PR, bullshit sensors going off though they may be, I wouldn't ever be touching you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2294 (isolation #99) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:04 pm

Weird kill.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2296 (isolation #100) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Hard to tell.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2298 (isolation #101) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:28 pm

I feel like most of the time the things he's doing aren't really that alignment indicative. When I'm able to successfully read him it's mostly due to whether his big plays seem crafted to influence the game or haphazard and liable to backfire.

Until I know where he's going with the doctor claim I can't really say that. And his progression on you is pretty hard to follow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2314 (isolation #102) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:00 pm

VOTE: April
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2362 (isolation #103) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:36 pm

UNVOTE:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2365 (isolation #104) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:37 pm

In post 2358, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I feel like the thought behind the kill was to make April look more sus.
Why would killing his scumread make him look more sus?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2368 (isolation #105) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:40 pm

In post 2366, April Ludgate wrote:Something Smart, if you’re scum, you played a very lowkey perfect scum game, but sometimes a marionette’s string snaps for no reason
If that were the case it would be entirely by accident.

And like not even true? I don't think anyone besides you ever had me as strong town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2371 (isolation #106) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:45 pm

Meh, I wasn't really taking the reads of a gimmick alt seriously. I guess some people would though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2383 (isolation #107) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:02 pm

Checking a miller claim seems pretty reasonable to me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2387 (isolation #108) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:04 pm

Announcing role cop does sound like a more likely scum role in a vacuum, but it seems pretty weird for a scum announcing role cop to check a miller.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2391 (isolation #109) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:07 pm

If that is a scum gambit then I have one guess for who masterminded it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2401 (isolation #110) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:32 pm

In post 2395, Dwlee99 wrote:Boring that you don't think I could come up with something like that as scum
I don't know your scum gambit capacity that well, but I would expect something less house-of-cardsy from you (and most people).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2528 (isolation #111) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:50 am

VOTE: T3

April could be a scum doc protecting buddy T3 from a vig. That would be pretty weird to have both scum claim protective... but I've seen weirder from scum teams with him on them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2538 (isolation #112) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:13 am

In post 2535, Dwlee99 wrote:Like tinfoil: scum rolecopped me thinking I was claiming Miller to inform team I was scum with them
This fails Occam's razor incredibly hard.

I guess it isn't completely implausible but the simplest explanation is that a town rolecop wanted to confirm your claim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2559 (isolation #113) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:34 am

In post 2541, T3 wrote:IM VT I WAS TRYING TO BAIT THE NK
> Tries to bait the NK
> Claims a role that scum have 0 incentive to kill
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2562 (isolation #114) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:35 am

In post 2560, Dwlee99 wrote:I would have murderized t3
Why??
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2566 (isolation #115) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:39 am

Meh I guess it depends if scum have the tools to deal with an investigative.

But T3 was pretty clearly executable if he didn't stop a kill.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2567 (isolation #116) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:39 am

In post 2565, April Ludgate wrote:Nope, I was trying to make sure Something Smart wasn't killed to frame me more.
I didn't call you scum though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2570 (isolation #117) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:03 am

That's my plan.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2618 (isolation #118) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:30 pm

I can't think of any reason why getting rid of the goon is beneficial when there's a claimed follower... oh wait.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2629 (isolation #119) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:23 pm

I thought it would be obvious :/

Because T3 can make the kills while he's alive?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2650 (isolation #120) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:45 am

In post 2640, Almost50 wrote:And..? JK can take care of that.
What JK?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2695 (isolation #121) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:21 pm

Yeah you're the counterwagon to scum for some reason
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2696 (isolation #122) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:22 pm

Well, you were. Not really much of a wagon anymore
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2727 (isolation #123) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:44 pm

In post 2717, Andante wrote:Something_Smart!!!! I know you're around, you're the nicest one here, tell me, is it a good idea to drag out D2, or just end it now?
Well my opinion is that T3 is guiltied scum and if that's accurate, then it should be ended now.

I don't think anyone has put together a well-reasoned counterargument; some people want to keep him alive despite agreeing that he's scum which is utterly silly with a follower around. And he doesn't really seem interested in saving himself, so... I'm thinking you can end it.

And ninja'd by the unvote lol. I think it still holds though?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2728 (isolation #124) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:45 pm

If T3 is scum it's better to have him out of the way so Enchant can maybe get another guilty.

If T3 is town it's better to know that asap.

Sounds like a win-win to me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2750 (isolation #125) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:18 pm

In post 2748, osuka wrote:see this is where i have a problem with the push - i do think t3 is scummy, even if not as much as andante, but how is there a guilty there? the voyeur-follower slot confirmed that he didn't do anything and it wasn't because of a roleblock, and he himself admitted to having fakeclaimed. is that all there is? that doesn't actually make a guilty
He backtracked his claim after getting caught in a lie. It's like if a cop claimed a guilty on someone and they went "oh yeah, I'm miller". It's still a guilty.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2757 (isolation #126) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:26 pm

In post 2753, osuka wrote:that's not a guilty, though - not in terms of alignment anyway. i agree it looks weird but saying t3 fakeclaimed therefore he's scum is ridiculously hyperbolic
I think I pretty clearly did not say that was necessarily the case. I think it's the most likely. A guilty does not have to be 100% to be called such.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2773 (isolation #127) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:56 pm

In post 2766, osuka wrote:that's toeing the line between slight exaggeration and misrep, because it is a slight exaggeration but it's also the cornerstone of the push on that slot
I don't understand any of this, how is it an exaggeration or a misrep? He got caught in a lie. That's what a guilty is.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2777 (isolation #128) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:07 pm

In post 2769, osuka wrote:two ungated town doctors means that if one claims then neither can be nightkilled, unless there's a mafia slot that can roleblock but then that's _really_ swingy
Who said ungated? It may be that at least one of the doctors has a modifier that prevents them from just targeting the same person over and over.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2800 (isolation #129) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:25 am

The weird kills continue.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2801 (isolation #130) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:27 am

Mafia cop means there's very possibly a traitor?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2805 (isolation #131) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:30 am

It's rare, but it's not unheard of.

Weirdly I'm like the third or fourth person to bring it up despite there not being a shred of evidence for one until now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2835 (isolation #132) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:18 am

Dwlee if the rolecop is scum then why are you alive
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2837 (isolation #133) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:19 am

Lol Enchant beat me to that question

I don't really understand why scum would kill April over you; clearly they wanted to shoot a PR and it's not like April was super townread either
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2840 (isolation #134) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:21 am

I'm not doubt casting you, I'm disagree with your assertion that the rolecop is likely scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2842 (isolation #135) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:21 am

Disagreeing*
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2845 (isolation #136) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:24 am

In post 2843, Dwlee99 wrote:Rolecop is likely scum because otherwise I think we have too much town power
How so? Simple doctor is practically negative utility, follower + roaming doctor together is all right but they can't keep the follower alive very long, and we don't even know the scum's other roles.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2855 (isolation #137) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:48 am

If there's a traitor and the rolecop is scum they'd have to be multitasking.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2889 (isolation #138) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:26 am

In post 2884, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Actually i don't townread S_S, but i'm trusting Flavour on that one.
If it's wrong, then blame him.
T3 literally pulled the exact same trick on me he did in trust fall lmao
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2891 (isolation #139) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:51 am

Where he claims to have gotten this really strong townread on me but won't give any explanation or details of the read
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2892 (isolation #140) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:52 am

I have no idea why he thought it would work the second time but I would definitely have pressured him in the scum PT to explain it if we had been partners.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2894 (isolation #141) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:13 am

Ninja might make sense with town rolecop as a role it can guilty, especially since the scum cop would basically be a godfather for a town rolecop.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2898 (isolation #142) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:37 am

So what the rolecop is the traitor and Andante is a ninja? Or Andante is a goon, there is no traitor, and the rolecop is multitasking?

These are both quite specific scenarios.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2904 (isolation #143) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:43 am

In post 2899, Dwlee99 wrote:Andante - Multitasking Ninja Role Cop

OR

Andante - Ninja
Traitor - announcing role cop
Both of those are uh pretty specific and unlikely. Especially multitasking ninja announcing rolecop, I feel like the reviewers would not let that mouthful of a role through.

Besides, my point was kinda that I don't understand why scum would get a ninja and a rolecop. Like where's the town power then? You think there's a cop who's hiding or something?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2906 (isolation #144) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:55 am

This feels like projecting on both your parts.

I would say that most people are typically equally emotional as either alignment-- but that would be projecting myself. I think the answer is "it depends", and I don't know if Dwlee would count this as meta, but it definitely pays to know the person you're dealing with.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2927 (isolation #145) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:53 pm

Ninja speculation still seems kinda wild
especially
with people thinking the rolecop is scum, but even if you think it isn't. Like what reason is there to assume there's a ninja to counter the weak investigative town has?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2929 (isolation #146) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:34 pm

I mean it's stronger, but even in a 2-scum game follower is not great until one scum is dead. And town wouldn't necessarily know there's a traitor so the results wouldn't necessarily be revealed as innos.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2972 (isolation #147) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:43 am

That explains the huge amount of pressure you've been getting for it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2979 (isolation #148) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:48 am

In my recollection you were asked by Enchant (basically confirmed town) and me (not attempting to push you). Was there anyone else?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2984 (isolation #149) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:54 am

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that Andante scumreads you because you're pushing her, and bringing up your claim was just an extra piece of evidence and not really a major argument. At least, that's how it reads.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2988 (isolation #150) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:01 am

I think what I'd like to do is

VOTE: geraintm
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2992 (isolation #151) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:17 am

In post 2990, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You don’t have much going for your slot other than *cute* and <GOOD VIBES>™
...and an exonerating result that could possibly be a true inno?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3008 (isolation #152) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:47 am

In post 3006, Andante wrote:call me crazy, but I'm gonna do this

VOTE: osuka
I don't think you're crazy, he was the other person I was considering voting.

But I would like geraint to actually do stuff today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3023 (isolation #153) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:53 am

In post 3013, geraintm wrote:why? i havent checked back through your post history but i dont recall you ever saying i was scummy?
you spent all of D1 complaining and now it's D3 and all you've done is some facile VCA

I'm not saying it's scummy per se, but I would like to hear more from you
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3032 (isolation #154) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:51 am

Do we just massclaim at this point?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3033 (isolation #155) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:52 am

Scum already have their next few kills mostly locked in, and there's probably at least one scum in the unclaimed, and we may be wanting osuka to claim today anyway...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3112 (isolation #156) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:55 am

In post 3109, geraintm wrote:Ah, that's fair. Have you played with me before?

If this wagon was started just to pressure me and others are joining for other, less well explained reasons then I feel better.
No, I haven't, but I've played with other people with a similar "D1 is useless" mentality, and the mentality only really makes sense if you actually kick into gear on future days.

My PoE is {you, Jeff, osuka}, so I'm not opposed to executing you, but I picked you primarily to get you to talk more, yes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3262 (isolation #157) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:56 am

One day I will remember 36 hour prod timers.

But it is not this day.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3392 (isolation #158) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:03 pm

In post 3353, Andante wrote:Also, Something_Smart, you've been way too quiet lately, I'd love to hear some thoughts
Monday is my busy day, sorry. But my brain is kinda empty and I just want to see a flip in my exe pool and I don't hugely care who it is.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”