Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:50 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 479, Galron wrote:
In post 469, RH9 wrote:@Cook VC please?
Thank you in advance.
Why are you holding on to your vote?

Also, Jacket, why the unvote?
I need a definite scumread. I currently just have loads of nullreads, who I need to sort.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:51 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 480, Galron wrote:
In post 467, RH9 wrote:You should know. Galron voted you in D6 for it. I don't want to be misread or misinterpreted. I want the truth to be revealed.
But RH9 you said you were afraid to sound ott defensive. When I voted Taly in that Ronald Reagan game, he sounded ott defensive, and he was, indeed, scum. Really if you're town you shouldn't be worrying about what you're sounding like.
Will take this advice to heart.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:01 am

Post by RH9 »

Something about STD feels odd. Only ADSE has contributed less. Maybe STD is busy so my only scumlean is ADSE.
VOTE: A Dreary Saturday Evening

v/la every weekend

A Dreary Saturday Evening
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by A Dreary Saturday Evening »

In post 502, RH9 wrote:Something about STD feels odd. Only ADSE has contributed less. Maybe STD is busy so my only scumlean is ADSE.
Lazy vote.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 503, A Dreary Saturday Evening wrote:
In post 502, RH9 wrote:Something about STD feels odd. Only ADSE has contributed less. Maybe STD is busy so my only scumlean is ADSE.
Lazy vote.
Explain.

v/la every weekend

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Three »

In post 465, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:
In post 463, Three wrote:
In post 437, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:Three, there is one train of logic to help you read me.

I have pushed 2/4 of your scumreads. Do you believe a bus has occurred from me?
I can't confidently if a bus is happening or not on Day 1. With zero flips, pushing people doesn't mean much to me, especially since I could be wrong about my reads. Even if you were bussing and we flip scum today, it is never my first thought to eliminate whoever orchestrated a scum wagon anyway. Unless we find some damning evidence of course.

I feel like asking me if you're bussing or not is a weird way to get me to read you but I kind of get the logic behind it. What's your scum history with bussing?
When I play my main, Taly, I strongly prefer not to bus, but I still do it to self-preserve.

I won't say that I play similarly or differently as Cupcake Butterfly. I just do not have sufficient data to give you meta on this alt.

And my question is not just about helping you read me, it helps you flesh out your POV, and I sort you in return.
Makes sense. Then to give you a more definitive answer to your question, for now I don't think you're bussing, I think it's more that we were both pinged by similar things and have a potential mindmeld here if our shared suspects flip red.
In post 470, Jacket wrote:
In post 463, Three wrote:What made you think A50 can make himself obvtown so early into the game?
I remembered him being fairly obvious town right away in 2242, but I went back and checked and he replaced into that game, so probably not the best comparison, but still, his content here was entirely fluff/trolling, with basically no real attempts to solve, and making weirdly self-conscious posts about not doing anything rather than...actually making game-advancing content, which he had no trouble doing in that other game.
That's fair, I don't think he did much to get a town read. I don't think he's always obvtown as town though, in the most recent game I just played with him he almost got mislimmed Day 1 for doing exactly what he was doing this game.
In post 473, Jacket wrote:Not really happy with how the game is playing out, need to change things up, will try to do a reset tomorrow.
What's wrong with the current game state? It's not particularly active but I think the leading wagons have a good chance of flipping red. Do you town read them?
In post 474, Nathann wrote:
In post 419, Three wrote:But something I gotta say now is that I don't understand how some players have so many town reads. Because the more I read the more I was just like...how? So many players have scummy tones or are making accusations with nothing to back it up or are making serious votes while giving zero effort in actually getting their scum reads eliminated. It's bizarre.
Considering I'm probably one of those people, I'll answer this for myself - in gamestates like those, where a lot of people appear scummy for certain reasons and there's not much transparent townieness, the bar for a townlean lowers. I mostly do it for my own sanity, since I feel like I need to have
some
townreads to properly function.

Three, do you have any completed scumgames on the site? I'm digging you tonally so far, but you strike me as an experienced player, so I'd like to check that.
Ok, I can get that. So it's less an abundance of town reads and more like "well this probably isn't scum indicative" reads.

I don't have any scum games on this site yet, and this is only my fourth game here so far. I've played off-site on other forums, but that was awhile ago.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 504, RH9 wrote:
Lazy vote.
Explain.
Anyways, you haven't done much solving, admitted to lurking and you expect me not to scumlean you. I am not asking for anything. Even an explanation for your periods of inactivity like others (STD and Nathann) have done is fine. If you can post something which can flip my read, then I might consider unvoting. However, I currently see no reason to do that.

v/la every weekend

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:54 pm

Post by Three »

Spoiler:
In post 430, Scorpious wrote:
In post 428, Jacket wrote:
In post 404, Scorpious wrote:
In post 372, Jacket wrote:Skimmed the game. I have a handful of weak-ish townreads and exactly one scumread.

VOTE: RH9
What did you skim to get exactly one scat read?
...the game? It's not that long. I have more than one read. I just don't talk about stuff right away all the time. Right now I'm more interested in poking at things and seeing how people react. And why is it a shit read if you didn't like RH9's posts either?
If the game isn’t that long. You shouldn’t have to skim. Your replacement counterpart said he was reading specifically. It concerns me that you are also making me repeat why I’m using different “s” words. I’m not going to explain why I’m doing it again. You can look and read. I’m not calling your read shit even though I think it may be.
In post 443, Scorpious wrote:
In post 440, Jacket wrote:
In post 434, Scorpious wrote:I think Jacket replaced in. Got his red pm, and was totally lost because SF had like 2 posts. So he skimmed looking for any mention
Of SF and much to his dismay, found nothing, and is having a tough time generating content because of it. This slot feels… sus, but I’m just a boomer trying to talk like the cool kids.
I've read none of salsabil's posts. And I'm hardly lost.

Why not? Wouldn’t that be the first thing you do?

VOTE: Jacket
In post 441, Jacket wrote:Do you really think I got "lost" reading 15 pages? Do you really think that's a thing that would happen?
In post 445, Jacket wrote:I seriously can't fathom where Scorpious is coming from with this push.
In post 475, Scorpious wrote:I can’t for the life of me remember how to snip quotes. Sorry

Re: Nathann’s question about using site mechanics to know who’s online.

In other sites I’ve played on, it’s blatantly against the rules. So it struck me as off. I don’t think it’s AI,

As far as skimming goes. Depends on the context. I would think a replacement would want to read as critically as possible.skimming to catch up in a game you’ve already been active in is much different.

Hot take: I think this is scum distancing from each other. Scorpius' aggression towards Jacket doesn't read as natural; the moment Jacket replaced in, Scorpius immediately had a bone to pick with him. The attacks he's made feel very over the top, and Scorpius' reasoning for scum reading him feel too weak and manufactured VS how he's actually treating Jacket. Jacket also is barely fighting back and doesn't seem to be showing even a hint of suspicion towards Scorpius despite thinking that the case on him is unfathomable.

Furthermore, Scorpius has decided to further put suspicion on Jacket and is tunneling the "skimming" argument, but doesn't have much else to say about everything else going on in the game. He hasn't even acknowledged mine or anyone else's scum reads on him.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 507, Three wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 372, Jacket wrote:Skimmed the game. I have a handful of weak-ish townreads and exactly one scumread.

...the game? It's not that long. I have more than one read. I just don't talk about stuff right away all the time. Right now I'm more interested in poking at things and seeing how people react. And why is it a shit read if you didn't like RH9's posts either?
If the game isn’t that long. You shouldn’t have to skim. Your replacement counterpart said he was reading specifically. It concerns me that you are also making me repeat why I’m using different “s” words. I’m not going to explain why I’m doing it again. You can look and read. I’m not calling your read shit even though I think it may be.
In post 434, Scorpious wrote:I think Jacket replaced in. Got his red pm, and was totally lost because SF had like 2 posts. So he skimmed looking for any mention
Of SF and much to his dismay, found nothing, and is having a tough time generating content because of it. This slot feels… sus, but I’m just a boomer trying to talk like the cool kids.

In post 441, Jacket wrote:Do you really think I got "lost" reading 15 pages? Do you really think that's a thing that would happen?
In post 445, Jacket wrote:I seriously can't fathom where Scorpious is coming from with this push.
In post 475, Scorpious wrote:I can’t for the life of me remember how to snip quotes. Sorry

In other sites I’ve played on, it’s blatantly against the rules. So it struck me as off. I don’t think it’s AI,

As far as skimming goes. Depends on the context. I would think a replacement would want to read as critically as possible.skimming to catch up in a game you’ve already been active in is much different.

Hot take: I think this is scum distancing from each other. Scorpius' aggression towards Jacket doesn't read as natural; the moment Jacket replaced in, Scorpius immediately had a bone to pick with him. The attacks he's made feel very over the top, and Scorpius' reasoning for scum reading him feel too weak and manufactured VS how he's actually treating Jacket. Jacket also is barely fighting back and doesn't seem to be showing even a hint of suspicion towards Scorpius despite thinking that the case on him is unfathomable.

Furthermore, Scorpius has decided to further put suspicion on Jacket and is tunneling the "skimming" argument, but doesn't have much else to say about everything else going on in the game. He hasn't even acknowledged mine or anyone else's scum reads on him.
Good catch. I didn't notice it before. I give my greatest thanks to you. Now, Scorpious is a scumlean for me. One less null read. Jacket, I'm not sure, because Jacket could either be '"apethetic Town" or scum. I'll wait for Jacket's response before deciding.

v/la every weekend

Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:23 pm

Post by Nathann »

In post 498, RCEnigma wrote:That content will mostly be explaining why ADSE is scum and why slots like STD Cupcake and Greeting are town.
I'm especially interested in the towncase on Save The Dragons.

strikes me as goodposting. I've been feeling bad vibes from Scorpious for a while now, and while I've been chalking them up to playstyle clash (because it wouldn't be the first time that's happened with an older player coming back to the site), I could be wrong.

Though, if he were scum, I imagine his buddies would be trying to get the ADSE counterwagon through or at least make it viable? And I'm not explicitly scumreading anyone on it right now, and I don't get the feeling it's being egged on from the sidelines. Hm.
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:40 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Yo Three. What do you think about jacket + SM then? Err more specifically salsa and SM.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:42 pm

Post by Nathann »

Wait, Jacket replaced Salsabil? Then scratch my earlier point how Jacket was trashing his own slot when he was talking about disliking Almost50. :facepalm:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:38 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Hmmmmmm
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Cupcake Butterfly
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:58 am

Post by Cupcake Butterfly »

Nathan wrote:
In post 460, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:They proposed you [Galron] were town because you were too abrasive in some posts (which I'd argue not but that's less important here).
Incorrect, they proposed Scorpious was town for abrasiveness.

Hm, is Jacket doing that tell when someone replaces into a scum slot and then shades their predecessor? The Amished or something? Could be. Not sure I have much of a read on Jacket otherwise.

Okay, I'm up to where I started posting. Yay.
Then why haven't they corrected me?
You may know me by Taly or Lady Chloe.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:04 am

Post by Nathann »

Probably the same reason they haven't been doing anything else - I reckon they don't care about this game.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:19 am

Post by Jacket »

Spoiler:

So much for being able to read me. If you're expecting me to blow up in response to getting pushed, that's just not going to happen.

The thing about Scorpious is, his case on me is terrible, nitpicky, and based on a ridiculous theory (I don't read my predecessor as either alignment), but I had sort of liked his posts before that. I have a hard time telling when someone is scum making bad faith attacks on me or town who has the wrong idea. Still trying to work that out.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 487, Nathann wrote:
In post 482, Jacket wrote:As it is, I'm doubting myself on that push anyway.
Okay, fair enough. Mind telling me what's got you doubting this push now? In my readthrough of the last few pages, I got the feeling RH9 has gotten worse, not better.
I didn't like most of his responses either, but the self-assuredness of didn't really feel like it came from scum.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:31 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 495, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 483, Jacket wrote:
In post 479, Galron wrote:Also, Jacket, why the unvote?
He said a thing I don't think comes from scum.
Alright I'm back, I've been way too disconnected from this game much like last time.

Can you walk me through what you think doesn't come from scum, and why?
See my above answer to Nathann. Is that the only thing you have to talk about after being gone for three days?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:54 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 515, Jacket wrote:
Spoiler:

So much for being able to read me. If you're expecting me to blow up in response to getting pushed, that's just not going to happen.

The thing about Scorpious is, his case on me is terrible, nitpicky, and based on a ridiculous theory (I don't read my predecessor as either alignment), but I had sort of liked his posts before that. I have a hard time telling when someone is scum making bad faith attacks on me or town who has the wrong idea. Still trying to work that out.
UNVOTE: Jacket

Gonna do the thing and admit my play thus far had been garbage. I’m re-adjusting to MS. I find myself using meta that works on other sites with people that are a little more familiar with each other.

It doesn’t translate well here, I THOUGHT an admission of skimming a replace in role was AI using context from other sites, but the replacement process is a touch different and I can see the flaw in that line of thinking.

Keeping it simple and trying to rebuild my play from scratch to be better here.

That said, RH9 has made me feel uncomfortable this entire game, I also feel there is one scum in the SM/Nathann pair..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:55 am

Post by Scorpious »

"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:44 am

Post by A Dreary Saturday Evening »

In post 506, RH9 wrote:
In post 504, RH9 wrote:
Lazy vote.
Explain.
Anyways, you haven't done much solving, admitted to lurking and you expect me not to scumlean you. I am not asking for anything. Even an explanation for your periods of inactivity like others (STD and Nathann) have done is fine. If you can post something which can flip my read, then I might consider unvoting. However, I currently see no reason to do that.
I've been solving, but I haven't been posting my thoughts in the thread.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:20 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 517, Jacket wrote:
In post 495, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 483, Jacket wrote:
In post 479, Galron wrote:Also, Jacket, why the unvote?
He said a thing I don't think comes from scum.
Alright I'm back, I've been way too disconnected from this game much like last time.

Can you walk me through what you think doesn't come from scum, and why?
See my above answer to Nathann. Is that the only thing you have to talk about after being gone for three days?
Partially since I'm still trying to parse and failing since I barely understand the conversations. Currently, this is the busiest time for me right now so this comes second hand.

Also, this is probably repeating what Nathann said earlier about wanting to hear the reasons for STD being town, but even discarding what I think I know (just if they were a pure stranger) for a second, I don't see a good reason they are townread?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Greeting »

I've been quite busy but I'm working on my reads and I will try to post them soon.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:34 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

why does scum do what i've done so far
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 505, Three wrote:What's wrong with the current game state? It's not particularly active but I think the leading wagons have a good chance of flipping red. Do you town read them?
I think about the moment when Greeting basically point blank refused to give reads is when I realized things aren't working the way they are. I'm all for minimalism but there's too many people who are holding their cards close to their chest or refusing to do anything, and the whole game ends up as a staring contest.

Right now, Nathann, Galron, CB, Scorp, RH9, and Three are people I don't want to elim, for various reasons. I'd vote any of ADSE/Greeting/N_M/STD/SM.

Return to “Completed Open Games”